Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Kimsufi.... 4.99 euro dedicated server - Page 34
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Kimsufi.... 4.99 euro dedicated server

Comments

• earlearl Member

@netomx said:
    Gone. Guess who took it? ;)

Did you get GRA?

Thanked by 1netomx
  • @netomx said:
    Gone. Guess who took it? ;)

Damn. Maybe I should be running a 30sec cronjob instead of a 1min one!

Thanked by 1netomx
  • netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

Mines on RBX

Thanked by 1earl

@elijahpaul said:

Mind's a minute too xD

• earlearl Member

You're Lucky! had it been GRA I would have told your wife you're dipping into her shoe funds :P

Thanked by 1netomx

@earl said:
    You're Lucky! had it been GRA I would have told your wife you're dipping into her shoe funds :P

LOL! I am indeed :(

Thanked by 1earl
  • Someone able to install windows server on ks1?? Or I need to buy the ks3???

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

soldoni said: Someone able to install windows server on ks1?? Or I need to buy the ks3???

Go back a few pages

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

elijahpaul said: Managed to get one :), but was RBX5, not GRA. :(

So... OVH are doing their usual OVH-things again. Half of us want it in GRA, others want in RBX, they post availability and it's reversed, so some people don't order, and those who ordered get disappointed.

Thanked by 1Maounique
  • rds100rds100 Member

Can these be moved to other people's account? Open some market place for exchanging the servers between people who got it in the wrong (for them) location :)

• soldoni said: Someone able to install windows server on ks1?? Or I need to buy the ks3???

it will work fine on KS1

edited June 2014

Anyone tried the Linux 3.14 kernel on KS1? I tried upgrading from 3.12, but the server does not come up after a reboot, had to use the rescue system to roll-back. Nothing about an attempt to boot-up with 3.14 in the logs, and since there's no KVM/IPMI, sort of difficult to figure out why it didn't boot.

upd: tried 3.14.5 I built myself (which works fine on other machines) and "linux-image-3.14-0.bpo.1-amd64_3.14.5-1~bpo70+1_amd64" from Debian, both fail to boot on the KS1. v3.12.21 works fine.

• J1021J1021 Member

rds100 said: Can these be moved to other people's account? Open some market place for exchanging the servers between people who got it in the wrong (for them) location :)

They can't.

• rds100rds100 Member

@rm_ that's strange, there is no problem with that kernel on that motherboard.

uname -a

Linux spare-atom-4g-30g 3.14-0.bpo.1-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 3.14.5-1~bpo70+1 (2014-06-05) x86_64 GNU/Linux

dmidecode | grep DN

Product Name: DN2800MT

• Where can i find the steps how to install windows on ks1?

• @skyhost

Maounique said: Go back a few pages

Thanked by 1netomx
    edited June 2014

rds100 said: that's strange, there is no problem with that kernel on that motherboard.

Turns out I hit this bug: https://lists.debian.org/debian-kernel/2014/05/msg00139.html
    the btrfs module was not loading due to lacking a module it depends on in the initramfs.
    (I use btrfs as the root filesystem).
    And the solution was to add some lines into /etc/initramfs-tools/modules, to ensure all the dependencies are included: https://lists.debian.org/debian-user/2010/06/msg02060.html

• akzakz Member

where is everyone sending their docs for VAT removal? Its now 3 weeks + and I havent gotten a email back from [email protected]

• J1021J1021 Member

akz said: where is everyone sending their docs for VAT removal? Its now 3 weeks + and I havent gotten a email back from [email protected]

That is the correct email address.

• DavidxDavidx Member

@akz said:
    where is everyone sending their docs for VAT removal? Its now 3 weeks + and I havent gotten a email back from [email protected]

They don't email you back. It just shows no VAT on renewal.

• akzakz Member

@David_P said:
    They don't email you back. It just shows no VAT on renewal.

oh i see can I try renewing and not pay the renewal to see if VAT has been removed? or will I have to renew the second I confirm?

• DavidxDavidx Member
    edited June 2014

@akz said:

I never linked my Paypal so I could always click renew and go to Paypal without paying. It just depends on your payment method.

• akzakz Member

@David_P said:
    I never linked my Paypal so I could always click renew and go to Paypal without paying. It just depends on your payment method.

just checked still shows the $1 VAT sent another email hope they finally get this removed. Once they remove my future orders wont have VAT on them either right?

• @akz said:
    just checked still shows the $1 VAT sent another email hope they finally get this removed. Once they remove my future orders wont have VAT on them either right?

right.

Thanked by 1akz
  • KS1 available !

Thanked by 1netomx
  • ndelaespadandelaespada Member, Host Rep

lot of ppl trying to buy it now to then figure out what to do with it...

Thanked by 1linuxthefish
  • @Edouard said:
    KS1 available !

Aaaaand..... They're gone again!

Thanked by 1netomx
  • J1021J1021 Member
    edited June 2014

May purchase another soon for backup, have everything from my first sync over to the second. First in RBX 5 so ideally want one in a different DC.

Setup fee is off-putting though.

EDIT: Where is that stock check cron script?

Thanked by 1earl

@1e10 said:
    May purchase another soon for backup, have everything from my first sync over to the second. First in RBX 5 so ideally want one in a different DC.

Setup fee is off-putting though.

EDIT: Where is that stock check cron script?

Want mine? It sends a SMS ;)

BTW, I was shopping for wine and stock happened :(

And it was gra

• webcraftwebcraft Member
    edited June 2014

Waiting for KS-1 coming available again.
    How does it work with registration and VAT for a German individual?