Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

β€Ί dedipath Closure of Business - Page 14
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

dedipath Closure of Business

Comments

• georgedatacentergeorgedatacenter Member, Patron Provider

@HostEONS said:
    Anybody got success with getting access to their gear with Evocative yet ?

so far nothing.

Hopefully on Monday, they will start to allow the removal of hardware

Thanked by 1HostEONS
  • MrRadicMrRadic Patron Provider, Veteran

@concept said:
    I wonder if someone else can match this. Also looking for NY location
    Intel Xeon E5-2630L
    4GB RAM
    250GB HDD
    4 Cores
    1Gbps Unmetered Bandwidth (333TB)
    10Tbps DDoS Protection
    1 x IPV4

WSI has dedicated servers at $9.

• @HostEONS said: Anybody got success with getting access to their gear with Evocative yet ?

They responded to me a few times via email yesterday about migrating my equipment over but its been radio silence since this time yesterday. I'm hoping Monday or Tuesday I get some actual movement.

• jonbeardjonbeard Member, Patron Provider

What kind of information are they requiring about collecting equipment? I wonder if a record was kept of all the serial #'s or anything on these servers (even colocation?).

This is a painful lesson for all hosting companies, that yes, while we can price competitively, lets not blow off our left foot in the process to make a dime.

• fiberstatefiberstate Member, Patron Provider

@jonbeard said:
    What kind of information are they requiring about collecting equipment? I wonder if a record was kept of all the serial #'s or anything on these servers (even colocation?).

This is a painful lesson for all hosting companies, that yes, while we can price competitively, lets not blow off our left foot in the process to make a dime.

This and its not the best practice to colo with a company that is also doing colo themselves. Economy of scale definitely plays a role in reducing some costs for the end user and the company offering the colo service, but the chain of custody on equipment is just far removed from the actual end user and this is one the inherent risks.

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@bdl said:

@crunchbits said:

@jfreak53 said:

@yoursunny said:

@jfreak53 said:
    Big question I asked one person who gawked, "do you want us to still be here hosting your data in a year, or do you want to do this all over again a year from now?".

Other than my main website and the Seafile server, I'll gladly take an unsustainable deal because most of my applications are fully redundant that I can easily redeploy to another unsustainable deal.

To each his own I guess πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈ I've been in business for 22 years and that's not how I do any deal for my own sanity. To each his own I guess.

Don't let him fool you, he only pays in videos of no-handed pushups.

Polyester pants are tough.

Xersion polyester pants arrived and they look stunning.
    IMG_20230903_143443_611

• cybertechcybertech Member
    edited September 2023

@yoursunny said:

@bdl said:

@crunchbits said:

@jfreak53 said:

@yoursunny said:

@jfreak53 said:
    Big question I asked one person who gawked, "do you want us to still be here hosting your data in a year, or do you want to do this all over again a year from now?".

Other than my main website and the Seafile server, I'll gladly take an unsustainable deal because most of my applications are fully redundant that I can easily redeploy to another unsustainable deal.

To each his own I guess πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈ I've been in business for 22 years and that's not how I do any deal for my own sanity. To each his own I guess.

Don't let him fool you, he only pays in videos of no-handed pushups.

Polyester pants are tough.

Xersion polyester pants arrived and they look stunning.
    IMG_20230903_143443_611

need more pushups mate.

Thanked by 2yoursunny FrankZ
  • MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

@yoursunny said: look stunning.

Yep, like fresh out of the tumble dryer, yet still soaked.

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • Anyone read this from Virmach?

One of our datacenter partners, Dedipath, is going out of business. As a result of the short notice, we're working on emergency migrations away. You should receive an email if your service is affected and we'll use this page to provide additional information and maintenance windows. These will be broken up by each specific location. Please note all information provided may change, so we recommend checking back for updates.

Thanked by 1pepa65
  • SparkedPaulSparkedPaul Member, Patron Provider

@georgedatacenter said:

@HostEONS said:

so far nothing.

Today, Monday, is a holiday.

• @cyxapuk said:

@axman said:
    I've partially lost LA - same as reported at above, IPXO addresses. The LVNET ones are still going.

LVNET ips (which are almost 1/3) will go down on Monday

Denver IPs went down at about 3:30am CST. I barely got migrated off after having some issues. At least I think I'm migrated successfully.

• @dzungbb said:
    Anyone read this from Virmach?

One of our datacenter partners, Dedipath, is going out of business. As a result of the short notice, we're working on emergency migrations away. You should receive an email if your service is affected and we'll use this page to provide additional information and maintenance windows. These will be broken up by each specific location. Please note all information provided may change, so we recommend checking back for updates.

In case you, or anyone else, did not see the rest of the update.

NYC Metro Location

βœ… βœ… βœ… We have communicated with the facility owners, and hardware has been securely moved.
    ⚠️ IPv4 addresses will change, and unfortunately we may not be able to bring back old addresses.
    βœ… βœ… βœ… Data has remained intact.

βŒ› Expected Maintenance 09/02/2023 from 12PM-10PM EST. Slightly delayed.

San Jose Location

βœ… βœ… We have purchased space from the facility owners directly, and awaiting approval to move hardware.
    ⚠️ IPv4 addresses will change to ensure smoothest transition without network issues.

βŒ› We do not yet have a timeline, but maintenance window should be medium (several hours to half a day.) It may be later into next week.

Phoenix Location

βœ… βœ… We have already communicated with the facility owners, and will be moving our physical servers to use them directly.
    ⚠️ IPv4 addresses will change to ensure smoothest transition without network issues.

βŒ› We anticipate a very short maintenance window for this location. The maintenance will likely occur next week as there is no rush in this case, and the facility is working with us for a smooth transition.

Atlanta Location

❓ The facility owners have communicated with us and scheduled a call for Monday/Tuesday.

βŒ› We do not yet have a timeline, but maintenance window should be short to medium (several hours.)

Denver Location

⚠️The facility owners have communicated with us and scheduled a call for Monday/Tuesday. We may proceed with migrations instead to a nearby location instead (LAX.)

βŒ› We do not yet have a timeline, but maintenance window should be short to medium (several hours.)

Dallas Location

❓ The facility owners have communicated with us and scheduled a call for Monday/Tuesday. We are also speaking with another provider as backup.
    ❓ IPv4 addresses may remain the same, but there's a likelihood of them changing if we decide to move forward with a non-physical migration.

Seattle Location

❓ The facility owners have not yet communicated with us, but we've contacted them. It's possible these servers may be migrated to a nearby location to minimize downtime.
    ❓ IPv4 addresses may remain the same, but there's a likelihood of them changing if we decide to move forward with a non-physical migration. The IP addresses on SEAZ002 and SEAZ005 will change.

βŒ› We do not yet have a timeline, but maintenance window should be medium (several hours to half a day.)

Additional FAQ Updates (please check your email for main questions answered.)

Is my data safe? Yes, we are taking several disaster recovery backups located outside of these facilities, but we still highly recommend backing up any important data as you normally would.
    Will my service remain the same? The pricing and duration left will not change and you will be able to renew the service as you normally would.

Thanked by 2Xrmaddness pepa65
  • @Ernie are you still online? how are you today? :)

@SparkedPaul said:

@georgedatacenter said:

@HostEONS said:

so far nothing.

:(

• jfreak53jfreak53 Member, Patron Provider

@georgedatacenter said:

@SparkedPaul said:

@georgedatacenter said:

@HostEONS said:

so far nothing.

:(

Today's labor day in U.S., most DC's are gonna be skeleton today.

Dear customers of Dedipath,

We are deeply saddened to have to close DediPath. We've cherished the opportunity to serve you throughout the years, and it's been an incredible journey.

Unfortunately, we have encountered financial difficulties due to the impact of the pandemic and a challenging economic environment. We explored various options to keep Dedipath running, including selling the company while trying to work with vendors to avoid shutoff.

However, we received suspension notices from two vendors before finding a solution. We understand this short notice is disappointing, and we apologize for any inconvenience. We were able to work with the vendors to allow more time for Dedipath customers to retrieve your data and make alternative arrangements.

It is a sad moment for us, as we say goodbye to Dedipath in this unexpected way. We appreciate your support and trust throughout the years and are grateful for the opportunity to have served you.

To contact Flexential, please reach out to: [email protected]

Thanked by 1abrahamj
  • @Ganonk said:
    @Ernie are you still online? how are you today? :)

Why are you pining him. He's not part of dedipath anymore.

Thanked by 1dedotatedwam
  • @georgedatacenter said: Dear customers of Dedipath,

Where did this notice come from? They use a different mail list for every message...

• @abrahamj said:

@georgedatacenter said: Dear customers of Dedipath,

Where did this notice come from? They use a different mail list for every message...

[email protected] sent that mail.

• Hmm...I didn't get that one. First message went to my email that's a "current"/active customer. Second one went to an email that stopped service in 2022 and account was removed from their WHMCS. Third one? Nowhere. Can they not pull a list of customers and use it for all communication? :/

• cyxapukcyxapuk Member, Host Rep
    edited September 2023

@georgedatacenter said:

We are deeply saddened to have to close DediPath. We've cherished the opportunity to serve you throughout the years, and it's been an incredible journey.

Unfortunately, we have encountered financial difficulties due to the impact of the pandemic and a challenging economic environment. We explored various options to keep Dedipath running, including selling the company while trying to work with vendors to avoid shutoff.

However, we received suspension notices from two vendors before finding a solution. We understand this short notice is disappointing, and we apologize for any inconvenience. We were able to work with the vendors to allow more time for Dedipath customers to retrieve your data and make alternative arrangements.

It is a sad moment for us, as we say goodbye to Dedipath in this unexpected way. We appreciate your support and trust throughout the years and are grateful for the opportunity to have served you.

I am one of the IPs suppliers for Dedipath (1/3 of their ips)
    Dedipath didn't contacted me and ignoring my emails too.
    And after starting receving SBLs from Spamhaus i suspended IPs and marked all of them in PBL list. Sad story.
    However i am trying to do something with customers who contacted me directly.

• @cyxapuk said:

@georgedatacenter said:

I am one of the IPs suppliers for Dedipath (1/3 of their ips)
    Dedipath didn't contacted me and ignoring my emails too.
    And after starting receving SBLs from Spamhaus i suspended IPs and marked all of them in PBL list. Sad story.
    However i am trying to do something with customers who contacted me directly.

That’s so frustrating I understand you mate :(

• We’re offering free colocation to old DediPath Customers, you just pay the energy you use at €0,40/kWh (vat included).
    DM for info

• LowHostingLowHosting Member, Host Rep

I hope this situation with Dedipath has taught many that it's important to place one's hardware in the hands of reliable individuals and companies

• @LowHosting said:
    I hope this situation with Dedipath has taught many that it's important to place one's hardware in the hands of reliable individuals and companies

Now, who is reliable though? One-man shows of reliable people can end abruptly if they got hit by a car, for example. A companies age isn't a reliable indication either. Sure, if they've been in business 10+ years that sounds great, but a company I used to work for turned 100 years old and was dissolved just 2 years later..

What you can do is to make sure that whatever disaster strikes you doesn't lead to too much work restoring your setup aka take backups frequently and make sure to try restoring them, before you need them. While you can also try to pick the most reliable provider you can think of, that doesn't mean they can't go belly up.

• LowHostingLowHosting Member, Host Rep

@Ympker said:

@LowHosting said:

Now, who is reliable though? One-man shows of reliable people can end abruptly if they got hit by a car, for example. A companies age isn't a reliable indication either. Sure, if they've been in business 10+ years that sounds great, but a company I used to work for turned 100 years old and was dissolved just 2 years later..

What you can do is to make sure that whatever disaster strikes you doesn't lead to too much work restoring your setup aka take backups frequently and make sure to try restoring them, before you need them. While you can also try to pick the most reliable provider you can think of, that doesn't mean they can't go belly up.

Based on my experience, you shouldn't do colocation with one-man-show companies, or those that have a bad reputation (important) and that offer unsustainable prices. In my opinion, by avoiding these 3 scenarios, you greatly reduce the chance of disasters.

• IPXOIPXO Member, LIR

Hi everyone! Just a reminder that IPXO continues to support previous Dedipath clients. As their former IP provider we can offer the same subnets you were previously using - eliminating the need for renumbering.

If you require immediate assistance with IP services or are interested in exploring your options, please reach out to our expert team to learn more at [email protected]

• ktkt Member, Host Rep

@kt said:
    Unfortunate to hear, hopefully everyone has got the notification and at the very least managed to moved their data out.

Just browsing through with my tinfoil hat, it seems some providers noticed something the vast majority didn't and relocated few weeks before the collapse and appear to relocate to a provider where one of the ex-shareholders/founders is working at.

It seems my tinfoil hat was partially correct, insiders ran for the hills and let everyone else burn.

https://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1902989&page=2&p=10413708#post10413708

• @IPXO said:
    Hi everyone! Just a reminder that IPXO continues to support previous Dedipath clients. As their former IP provider we can offer the same subnets you were previously using - eliminating the need for renumbering.

If you require immediate assistance with IP services or are interested in exploring your options, please reach out to our expert team to learn more at [email protected]

Only if you have a /24, otherwise youre SOL
    Don't say false things like this when I've already reached out to keep my same subnet and you said no

Thanked by 3abrahamj maverickp Zurg
  • By VirMach on OGF:

The four servers in DEN and ATL still haven't got their routing back, the plan is to shift to loading in backups but we now also have about 10 other servers down from IPXO pulling IPv4 and not getting back to us on leasing the blocks (not that we expected them to actually lease it to us as they said in their public post, seemed like a marketing thing.)

Thanked by 1yoursunny