Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

dedipath Closure of Business - Page 12
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

dedipath Closure of Business

Comments

• My router that sits in dedipaths NY site just woke up. I never got an email about it so I am finally pulling a backup. The funny thing is, I can't reach it from Minnesota or Missouri but I can reach it from Texas. Maybe they got the lights back on for another day/hour?

• @tdaddysimi said: Maybe they got the lights back on for another day/hour?

I don't know how Evocative is handling the situation, though its claimed they are trying to work with customers. Check your IP. If its leased from IPXO, they've been pulling the blocks since around 1pm CST or so (at least mine). My IP bounced for an hour and then went down for several hours. It's been bouncing again for the last hour or two. My BGP (using that bouncing IP) is still working and has been solid...for now.
    Best of luck pulling your data and getting any and all hardware out.

• I was able to backup my stuffs and I cancelled dedipath. At the moment it is still working. But I cancelled my services. Long live dedipath!

• @abrahamj said: Check your IP. If its leased from IPXO, they've been pulling the blocks since around 1pm CST or so (at least mine). My IP bounced for an hour and then went down for several hours. It's been bouncing again for the last hour or two. My BGP (using that bouncing IP) is still working and has been solid...for now.

Mine is an IPXO IP. Any clarification on what you mean pulling the blocks?? Like they're actively getting pulled and remaining down or they're slowly coming back?? I was hoping it was Evocative working on a temporary fix or something.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@tdaddysimi said: Mine is an IPXO IP. Any clarification on what you mean pulling the blocks?? Like they're actively getting pulled and remaining down or they're slowly coming back?? I was hoping it was Evocative working on a temporary fix or something.

>

IPXO isn't going to leave the ranges live if they're not getting paid. They'll glady, and quickly, pull down the IP's from dedipath and lease them to someone else. IPXO isn't in this thread to give away free service, they're here to lease ranges.

Francisco

• @Francisco said: IPXO isn't going to leave the ranges live if they're not getting paid. They'll glady, and quickly, pull down the IP's from dedipath and lease them to someone else. IPXO isn't in this thread to give away free service, they're here to lease ranges.

I never insinuated or meant anyone should give away free service. I'm just clueless whats going on and I'm trying to get every tidbit of info I can, as I am sure many others are as well. I apologize for my misrepresentation of what I said. I'm grateful IPXO has had my range partially available this evening long enough to pull a fresh backup. Chill

@tdaddysimi said: I'm grateful IPXO has had my range partially available this evening long enough to pull a fresh backup.

That's awesome, glad you aren't screwed on that front :)

Francisco

• HostEONSHostEONS Member, Patron Provider

@tdaddysimi said:

@Francisco said: IPXO isn't going to leave the ranges live if they're not getting paid. They'll glady, and quickly, pull down the IP's from dedipath and lease them to someone else. IPXO isn't in this thread to give away free service, they're here to lease ranges.

I never insinuated or meant anyone should give away free service. I'm just clueless whats going on and I'm trying to get every tidbit of info I can, as I am sure many others are as well. I apologize for my misrepresentation of what I said. I'm grateful IPXO has had my range partially available this evening long enough to pull a fresh backup. Chill

From what I understand IPXO is probably just removing the ROA for DP's ASN so these IP get dropped by the carriers eventually

IF you need these same IP blocks, better contact IPXO, I read somewhere on this forum itself IPXO is ready to offer same IP blocks to DP's customers, so may be you can get same IP block directly from IPXO and keep then online till you want and later move them to your new arrangement

• 2uir064e2uir064e Member
    edited September 2023

@Francisco said:
    IPXO isn't going to leave the ranges live if they're not getting paid. They'll glady, and quickly, pull down the IP's from dedipath and lease them to someone else. IPXO isn't in this thread to give away free service, they're here to lease ranges.

The same can be said for the colos and IP transit providers... yet the power is still on and the packets still flowing. In these situations there are impressions made by the parties who have little to gain by facilitating migrations yet choose to do so anyway at their own expense, like Evocative and Flexential are doing. Or in IPXO's case, the opposite.

IPXO probably has the least to lose out of any of Dedipath's vendors (in terms of sunk costs) by continuing to provide service temporarily while folks migrate, but they chose not to. I'm not saying it is unfair, but it doesn't reflect well on them being the odd man out. It can be both fair and a shitty thing to do at the same time.

• HannanHannan Member, Host Rep

Very sad to hear. If anyone from Dedipath wants to move their VMs please let us know.
    Dedipath customers can get a month for FREE. Just mention it in a ticket.
    www.cloudzy.com

~Thanks

• GoodLeaf-CloudGoodLeaf-Cloud Member, Patron Provider

@megarockradio said:

@nbgames said:

@gdhnoc said:
    I think DediPath will provide reasonable time to move hardware or data and will not shutdown server for couple of days.

That's optimistic, what I think happened is they stopped paying their bills

Curious about that myself. My monitor is still picking up the icecast server so the VPS is up at the moment but don't really expect that to last long.

yea what im thinking is they stopped paying colo bills and ran big promotions so before closing they would have the most ammount possible, thats probally why they stopped expansions and getting back to people on full racks a month ago

• @Francisco said:

@tdaddysimi said: Mine is an IPXO IP. Any clarification on what you mean pulling the blocks?? Like they're actively getting pulled and remaining down or they're slowly coming back?? I was hoping it was Evocative working on a temporary fix or something.

>

Francisco

I can confirm this. My VPS ip has been assigned now to someone from Lithuania

• Very sad to hear. If anyone from Dedipath wants to move their VMs please let me know.

Vultr.com

~Thanks

Thanked by 2dedicados Ympker
  • My one VirMach VPS from DediPath in Evocative data center is down while other is still up.

• @HalfEatenPie said:
    Very sad to hear. If anyone from Dedipath wants to move their VMs please let me know.

Vultr.com

~Thanks

Didn't know you were with Vultr. Good to know. While my journey of hourly billed VMs started out with DO years ago, I came to prefer Vultr eventually. Everything just felt smoother and better at some point. Haven't used Vultr in a long while either, though.

Thanked by 1dedicados
  • SparkedPaulSparkedPaul Member, Patron Provider

@tdaddysimi said:
    My router that sits in dedipaths NY site just woke up. I never got an email about it so I am finally pulling a backup. The funny thing is, I can't reach it from Minnesota or Missouri but I can reach it from Texas. Maybe they got the lights back on for another day/hour?

consider it a blessing from God

• davidedavide Member
    edited September 2023

@ceplavia said:
    Gah. Racknerd. [...] Never had a VPS with nothing but Ubuntu and Icecast crash so much and unable to recover from their VPS panel.

And they aren't even that cheap. Don't try to write a bad review on Trustpilot because purple daddy periodically deletes all the bad ones. Except mine, because I'm badass.

• My VPSes had ~5 months with DediPath. I just have opened two disputes on PayPal. For one received the requested money instantly (I have requested 50% of the invoice) and for the second one i must wait for the dispute to be solved by PayPal.

• RoyaleHostingRoyaleHosting Member, Patron Provider

@HostMayo said:
    Is there any company that can accomodate us with urgent colo requirements for servers located in NY and LA centres.

We are able to assist in NY if you haven't found something already.

• dedicadosdedicados Member
    edited September 2023

@Dvo said: I guess it doesn't hurt to try match a $1/year VPS, 20 IP's for 8/mo, or 3 VPS's for $11/year etc.

it hurted at the end xD

• @Ympker said: I came to prefer Vultr eventually

same here, more locations, more options.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • @dedicados said:

@Ympker said: I came to prefer Vultr eventually

same here, more locations, more options.

Not only that, but the whole deployment felt like it went more smoothly than DO. However, I agree on the points you mentioned. Those, too, were reasons why I switched from DO to Vultr.

Thanked by 1dedicados
  • @Ympker said:

@HalfEatenPie said:
    Very sad to hear. If anyone from Dedipath wants to move their VMs please let me know.

Vultr.com

~Thanks

Didn't know you were with Vultr. Good to know. While my journey of hourly billed VMs started out with DO years ago, I came to prefer Vultr eventually. Everything just felt smoother and better at some point. Haven't used Vultr in a long while either, though.

I'm not with Vultr.

I'm just being an ass.

• @HalfEatenPie said:

@Ympker said:

@HalfEatenPie said:

Vultr.com

~Thanks

I'm not with Vultr.

I'm just being an ass.

A .... HalfEatenAss ;)

Thanked by 2Ympker HalfEatenPie
  • @HalfEatenPie said:

I'm not with Vultr.

I'm just being an ass.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • I'm very sorry to hear about DediPath's troubles. We (Prefix Broker BV) also lease a large number of IP's to DediPath.

Anyone renting a /24 or larger from DediPath which came from us (look for our maintainer in the RIPE database, for example https://apps.db.ripe.net/db-web-ui/query?searchtext=185.240.24.0/24) we're happy to discuss a way to move those IP's over to you. Just PM me!

• So I tried to follow everyones advice about keeping my IP's alive. Dedipath was giving me a /28 for my equipment but unfortunately IPXO wont give me the time of day because I don't want to lease a /24 to keep my /28 alive a week (or even a month) until I can get my router in NY under a different provider there.

IPXO will never get my business, and its nice to know they chose to screw over us former dedipath customers so quickly. I hope whatever curse that infected Dedipath hits IPXO next.

• @HostEONS said: IF you need these same IP blocks, better contact IPXO, I read somewhere on this forum itself IPXO is ready to offer same IP blocks to DP's customers, so may be you can get same IP block directly from IPXO and keep then online till you want and later move them to your new arrangement

This was unfortunately false and IPXO can kick a bag of rocks. lol

@tdaddysimi said: So I tried to follow everyones advice about keeping my IP's alive. Dedipath was giving me a /28 for my equipment but unfortunately IPXO wont give me the time of day because I don't want to lease a /24 to keep my /28 alive a week (or even a month) until I can get my router in NY under a different provider there.

IPXO will never get my business, and its nice to know they chose to screw over us former dedipath customers so quickly. I hope whatever curse that infected Dedipath hits IPXO next.

You can't announce less than a /28 over BGP. They can't just lease out a /28 to you. This isn't them being scummy...that's how the internet works.

Francisco

• @Francisco said:This isn't them being scummy...

Your words, not mine. But if the shoe fits, they should wear it.

I figured they could just leave the announcing all alone in its entirety since it was still halfway reachable, but thats beside the point now. :)

Has anyone in NY actually successfully onboarded to anyone yet?? I'm still waiting on Evocative to get the location of my equipment confirmed?? They said they needed it from Dedipath. Mark with Dedipath responded in my email thread to Evocative that all of the customer info was already sent to them, but that they have their permission anyway.. so I am still waiting. Anyone having better luck???