Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

dedipath Closure of Business - Page 10
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

dedipath Closure of Business

Comments

• mkevinstevermkevinstever Member
    edited September 2023

@DataIdeas-Josh said:

@mkevinstever said:

I just have four small application instances on dedipath, That's nothing for me.

By the way, before move to dedipath, I've trying to purchase buyvm, but system denied me. And I'm really glad see you here. XD

If trying to sign up with @Francisco BuyVM make sure your payment details match your billing if paying with card. Same goes with us.

I see you are trying to get a VPS in Dallas.
    We have VPS here in Houston starting at $2.50 for Intel and $3.75 for Ryzen

https://my2.dataideas.com/store/intel-xeon-kvm-vps
    https://my2.dataideas.com/store/amd-ryzen-kvm-vps-shared-cpu

XD

• I did have a VPS there....

Deadpool got Deadpool'd

• i have 2 cpu core, 3 gb ram, 35+35 gb ssd, one ipv4, for $14.50/mo (their special offer with double disk that i signed up) at dedipath's various locations. I'm looking to transfer some of these vps to racknerd in LA, buyvm in LV, and may be ramnode or another provider at east-coast.

• Don_KeedicDon_Keedic Member
    edited September 2023

@JasonM said:
    i have 2 cpu core, 3 gb ram, 35+35 gb ssd, one ipv4, for $14.50/mo (their special offer with double disk that i signed up) at dedipath's various locations. I'm looking to transfer some of these vps to racknerd in LA, buyvm in LV, and may be ramnode or another provider at east-coast.

Racknerd huh? What about ExtraVM instead?

https://extravm.com/vps.php
    2x CPU Core
    3072 MB RAM
    45 GB NVMe
    ∞ Bandwidth
    10 Gbps Port
    Los Angeles
    $15.00/mo

Or maybe AlphaVPS?
    https://alphavps.com/ryzen-vps.html

4x AMD Ryzen vCPU
    4GB DDR4 Memory
    60GB NVMe
    4TB on 1Gbit/s
    1x IPv4 and /64 IPv6
    Los Angeles
    $13/mo

• @Don_Keedic said:

Racknerd huh? What about ExtraVM instead? https://extravm.com/vps.php

Yep that's moving from one Deadpool provider to another future Deadpool provider when Dustin receives that legal bill for his ongoing case.

Thanked by 2PineappleM mmuyskens
  • @deadpool said:

@Don_Keedic said:

Yep that's moving from one Deadpool provider to another future Deadpool provider when Dustin receives that legal bill for his ongoing case.

Yeah Jason's always seemed to be a super nice guy and friends don't let friends racknerd.

Thanked by 2fluffernutter bdl
  • MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

@DataIdeas-Josh said: $2.50 for Intel and $3.75 for Ryzen

Wow, that is a pretty steep difference if the rest is apples for apples (similar years, same stats of the VM etc.)

• Is speedypage using dedipath as upstream? Its safe right?

• cyxapukcyxapuk Member, Host Rep

!!!!!!!

I am providing IPs to DEDIPATH. If you are renting /24 and more from them please check with WHOIS if it is from LVNET. In this case please contact "ripe at lvnet.lv" if you want to continue using these ips.

Please copy this message to other boards.

Thanked by 1Hotmarer
  • OMG, I have one server in LA

• HarambeHarambe Member, Host Rep

Every few months I'm shilling @qps in a thread 🤣

If you've got dedi or colo stuff in LA or Ashburn (Washington DC) - definitely talk to them. Jeff and his whole crew are great to work with.

They've spun up gear for me for quickly after emergencies with other providers.

For VMs - definitely talk to @Francisco - looks like he has ~some stock, but worth a ticket if something you need is missing.

Thanked by 3Falzo qps Wolveix
  • The entire US is almost at Sep 1st, but everything seems to be the same. Is this some kind of joke? o:)

• GoodLeaf-CloudGoodLeaf-Cloud Member, Patron Provider

@JasonM said:
    i have 2 cpu core, 3 gb ram, 35+35 gb ssd, one ipv4, for $14.50/mo (their special offer with double disk that i signed up) at dedipath's various locations. I'm looking to transfer some of these vps to racknerd in LA, buyvm in LV, and may be ramnode or another provider at east-coast.

I have cheap vms in Florida and TX and I'm doing huge discounts for clients of dedipath

Thanked by 1JasonM
  • cyxapukcyxapuk Member, Host Rep
    edited September 2023

@Kris said:

@kepler said: Wonder what warrant the 24h notice. They're not even a small mom and pop provider imho. Strange

Giving them benefit of the doubt, sounds like they tried a hail-mary pass a few days ago pumping out sales threads on LET / LES to generate income for bills, but likely couldn't come to an agreement with their datacenter(s) and decided to throw in the towel.

MailChimp IDs are the same from the closure email as their 20% coupon on the homepage sends out.

Not sure how they didn't make this happen, did they not own their own IPs? See a lot of IPXO, but also see a lot of Cyprus /24's from LVNET LTD which seems to be gone.

If I wanted to not give them the benefit of the doubt, I'd wonder if this weren't just to get the IPs from LVNET Cyprus, which they seem to be announcing quite a lot of: https://bgp.he.net/AS35913#_prefixes to sell off.

Weird if they own all those Cyprus IPs yet 'went out of business'

Maybe they found more $$$ in IPs. I know many ISPs here who did mid-late 2010's.

https://lowendtalk.com/post/quote/188358/Comment_3712333

IPS are still alive.

• DataIdeas-JoshDataIdeas-Josh Member, Patron Provider

@Maounique said:

@DataIdeas-Josh said: $2.50 for Intel and $3.75 for Ryzen

Wow, that is a pretty steep difference if the rest is apples for apples (similar years, same stats of the VM etc.)

Way different CPU styles. However both are on average for the market.

• technolifytechnolify Member
    edited September 2023

Redacted by Moderator.

edited September 2023

Just a reminder we have techs in Miami if you need help moving your hardware ($25/hr + gas) we can ship the servers for you, bring them to another DC, hold onto them, whatever you need :smile:

• another deadpool.

• IPXOIPXO Member, LIR

Are you a former Dedipath client in need of support?

We were as surprised as you to find out Dedipath is suddenly closing. As their former IP provider, we can offer you continuity by supplying the same subnets, eliminating the need for renumbering, and all at a lower price point.

If you require immediate support for IP services or would like to explore your options, please reach out to our expert sales team at [email protected]

• thanks for the offers, I've submitted DM's to 4 hosts here in the thread.
    if anyone is offering in west coast, like LA, and east coast, Atlanta (or nearby) VPS then I will like to take 4 to 5 of them.

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@IPXO said:
    Are you a former Dedipath client in need of support?

We were as surprised as you to find out Dedipath is suddenly closing. As their former IP provider, we can offer you continuity by supplying the same subnets, eliminating the need for renumbering, and all at a lower price point.

If you require immediate support for IP services or would like to explore your options, please reach out to our expert sales team at [email protected]

Thank you for the offer, pretty sure that'll help many providers around here!

Welcome back by the way, cheers!

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • Until now,there is still no announcement on dedipath website,the control panel and webiste is still online.

• pppopepppope Member
    edited September 2023

My VPS is still online.
    Guess the repo men haven’t broken down the door yet.
    My guess is that if anything survives today no further action will be taken until the 5th.

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • @SparkedPaul said:
    We have a half rack with DediPath, looking for immediate solutions

Checking with a contact to see if they can help with LA. I can PM his number if he can. They don't specialize in colo but offer various IT services.

• @Protokolla said: The account was created on the day of the incident

Ernie is now with the company. DediPath sent an email (to a different distro group than the initial) sometime yesterday that included they are working with LSN to assist customers in migrating. Regarding that email - it mentioned a 3rd one to follow the same day but I haven't gotten one. Perhaps it went to yet a different group that none of my addresses are on.

@Don_Keedic said: Dude's the CEO

• Google Now showing that DediPath is closed permanently.

Thanked by 1PureVoltage
  • HostMayoHostMayo Member, Host Rep

has anyone able to reach anyone regarding the migration of hardware? They are not responding to tickets and the email they sent referred to evocative.com who seem to be offering their own servers instead of discussing the moving part.

• @deadpool said:

@Don_Keedic said:

Gah. Racknerd. A host that initially seems really good and high rated but utilize ColoCrossing stuff in most of their operations. Never had a VPS with nothing but Ubuntu and Icecast crash so much and unable to recover from their VPS panel. ALWAYS took a trouble ticket call. If you can't run the most basic of apps then there is something horribly wrong. One other time they abruptly moved me from Dallas to LA which caused a huge mess for me. Nah, those cheap yearly prices should be a warning.

As of Dedi crashing out I now only use Tier Net and Hi Velocity. No crashes, no downtime and no worry they are going under anytime soon.

• I think DediPath will provide reasonable time to move hardware or data and will not shutdown server for couple of days.

@gdhnoc said:
    I think DediPath will provide reasonable time to move hardware or data and will not shutdown server for couple of days.

That's optimistic, what I think happened is they stopped paying their bills