Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

dedipath Closure of Business - Page 11
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

dedipath Closure of Business

Comments

• @HostMayo said:
    has anyone able to reach anyone regarding the migration of hardware? They are not responding to tickets and the email they sent referred to evocative.com who seem to be offering their own servers instead of discussing the moving part.

Email says to create tickets for questions and assistance. Still waiting on responses on mine.

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

What of DediPath's network/locations have gone down (confirmed) so far?

• AK_KWHAK_KWH Member, Patron Provider
    edited September 2023

as a refuge offer for Dedi Path Customers many of them are reaching via messages i have stock available in texas i can offer the following plans to Dedipath Customers

1 CPU Cores (Intel Xeon E5-2699v4) Fair Usage
    2 GB RAM DDR4
    10 Gb SSD Disk Space
    1 TB Bandwidth @1000MB/sec
    1 IPV4
    IPV6

1.70$/m Order Now

2 CPU Cores (Intel Xeon E5-2699v4) Fair Usage
    4 GB RAM DDR4
    40 Gb SSD Disk Space
    2 TB Bandwidth @1000MB/sec
    1 IPV4
    IPV6

3$/m Order Now

LG: https://texaslg.khanwebhost.com/

Thanked by 3alilet MMzF MohamadSY
  • MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

@jbiloh said: What of DediPath's network/locations have gone down (confirmed) so far?

No reports of that yet.

• @jbiloh said:
    What of DediPath's network/locations have gone down (confirmed) so far?

No VM outages I've seen in any of the following locations for ATL, DAL, DEN, JAX, LAS, LAX, or NYC that I've seen.

• site and server stills alive, maybe they are trying to sell some servers to run with more money.

• @dedicados said:
    site and server stills alive, maybe they are trying to sell some servers to run with more money.

In an email sent out yesterday morning (after the 1st), it mentioned Flexential has verbally agreed to not immediately power down the suites/cages.
    Word on the street is the Flexential executive team is working on an action plan to get colo hardware handed-off to customers, but no DC access is allowed at this time.

@jbiloh said: What of DediPath's network/locations have gone down (confirmed) so far?

Dallas, Denver and (I think) LA services are still up for me. LA is a colo resell of mine after a RTO so unsure.

Thanked by 1dedicados
  • @nbgames said:

@gdhnoc said:
    I think DediPath will provide reasonable time to move hardware or data and will not shutdown server for couple of days.

That's optimistic, what I think happened is they stopped paying their bills

Curious about that myself. My monitor is still picking up the icecast server so the VPS is up at the moment but don't really expect that to last long.

• My Dallas network has been here and there the last hour or so - based on external ping monitoring of IPs. Seems only my BGP router is reading as down, up, down, up...
    Seems my subnet is routing fine though. Could be any number of causes but I'm not here to investigate at this point. :D

• prestongosdinLSNprestongosdinLSN Member, Patron Provider

@Protokolla said:

@prestongosdinLSN said:
    Our experienced team has already provisioned hundreds of servers to assist numerous DediPath customers. Our service oriented team will blow you away. Get in touch with us on our live chat or email [email protected]. Migration and backup assistance available. Let us know what you need and where you need it and we'll make it happen.
    Preston Gosdin, LSN CEO

It’s nice to see providers trying to help users and other hosts affected by the DediPath crap, but this one feels like it is trying to just milk the customers. The account was created on the day of the incident and doesn’t even have a provider tag (but is still advertising hosting).

@Protokolla
    Yes, happy to be a new member of the LET community. Limestone has been doing this for 16 years and we hope to be here in another 16. I'm not here for a quick buck. Limestone and DediPath have a number of mutual customers who are familiar with my and my team's personable, customer centric approach.

Obviously there are a lot of hosts in this thread and others offering their services, I'm sure all in good faith. I'm sure no one here was rooting for DediPath to go under, but in my opinion, the more options available to mitigate the fallout, the better. So for what it is worth, if I were an impacted DediPath customer, I'd want a team like Limestone's in my corner bending over backwards to help any way they can.

Thanked by 12uir064e
  • @prestongosdinLSN said: So for what it is worth, if I were an impacted DediPath customer, I'd want a team like Limestone's in my corner bending over backwards to help any way they can.

https://media.giphy.com/media/H5C8CevNMbpBqNqFjl/giphy.gif
    Hi. In general, LSN is priced higher than DediPath was. I'm waiting our good friend to get me numbers before I sign either with you or someone else to get space prepped. Can you bend a bit more on pricing, please?

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@abrahamj said: LSN is priced higher than DediPath was.

Everyone is, because most don't operate at a loss. I've had wild price match emails come in. People with 20 - 30 IP's for $8/month for instance.

Francisco

• prestongosdinLSNprestongosdinLSN Member, Patron Provider

@abrahamj said:

@prestongosdinLSN said: So for what it is worth, if I were an impacted DediPath customer, I'd want a team like Limestone's in my corner bending over backwards to help any way they can.

https://media.giphy.com/media/H5C8CevNMbpBqNqFjl/giphy.gif
    Hi. In general, LSN is priced higher than DediPath was. I'm waiting our good friend to get me numbers before I sign either with you or someone else to get space prepped. Can you bend a bit more on pricing, please?

Message our team and we can get it done! [email protected]

• @Francisco said: Everyone is, because most don't operate at a loss.

I've had a few people meet me 1/4 rack colo rate, or be slightly above it. In general, I do expect to pay more. I just had your billing move me to a monthly cycle expecting to cancel service but I guess that's not happening as I migrate a service back.

I was looking the other day and it seems they haven't increased their pricing (or made much adjustment) since they started out. With all the increases the last few years, it would be bound to happen. I don't know the story but have speculations about some aspects of the, unfortunate, downfall. I don't want to spread rumors though. I'd love to have the actual story though. :(

• jtkjtk Member
    edited September 2023

@jtk said:
    No VM outages I've seen in any of the following locations for ATL, DAL, DEN, JAX, LAS, LAX, or NYC that I've seen.

Now it looks like things are starting to go away. LAX, NYC, and LAS nodes starting to go down now, some still up, but the sad trombone is beginning to play.

• @jtk said: LAX, NYC, and LAS nodes starting to go down now

Are any of them on non IPXO ips? It seems like the power/network is up but IPXO is killing the IP blocks to prevent migrations.

• HostMayoHostMayo Member, Host Rep

LAX is up for me. Got email from Evacuative to provide details of gear. So hopefully they are willing to hand it out soon. If they don't shut the servers till hand out its a very good position I must say.

• SparkedPaulSparkedPaul Member, Patron Provider

@HostMayo said:
    LAX is up for me. Got email from Evacuative to provide details of gear. So hopefully they are willing to hand it out soon. If they don't shut the servers till hand out its a very good position I must say.

Haven't heard shit from anyone today, just sent Evocative a email though but yeah LAX is up for us too

• jtkjtk Member
    edited September 2023

@2uir064e said:
    Are any of them on non IPXO ips? It seems like the power/network is up but IPXO is killing the IP blocks to prevent migrations.

They are IPXO addresses. I can't be bothered to look into the portal to check power status or live routes/roas to double check, but I'd guess you've nailed it.

Thanked by 12uir064e
  • SparkedPaulSparkedPaul Member, Patron Provider

Also will say like we had so many responses yesterday to emails/quotes etc. and then today literally just nothing... as if us refugees have much time to waste especially before the weekend

• 2uir064e2uir064e Member
    edited September 2023

@jtk said:

@2uir064e said:

Yes, they are. I can't be bothered to look into the portal to check power status or live routes/roas to double check, but I'd guess you've nailed it.

@IPXO has less skin in the game than the vendors providing hard infra services like colo, power, ip transit who are all still giving a grace period... but they are the first to kill service... not the nicest move for customers trying to migrate out on short notice. Would it kill them to leave the ROAs in place for a few hours/days until the power/network get shut off?

• PureVoltagePureVoltage Member, Patron Provider

@SparkedPaul said:
    Also will say like we had so many responses yesterday to emails/quotes etc. and then today literally just nothing... as if us refugees have much time to waste especially before the weekend

I'm sure they're starting to get flooded with requests again now and trying to deal with the massive headache involved in this.
    We've bought out a few companies over the years and have also had customers deadpool who had colo customers and it's a real pain as you have to ensure who owns what etc.

Hopefully they can be quicker. I really wonder how much the DP people who if any are left are helping at this point. Given that there was less than 24 hours notice it seems unlikely that they have all of the details needed. :(

• kevman95kevman95 Member
    edited September 2023

I heard most if not all tech staff were fired on the spot, least from the individual i knew who was on the inside of things, so whoever is left handling tickets and such is definitely a skeleton crew.

Wishing the best of luck to individuals right now getting hardware out.

• georgedatacentergeorgedatacenter Member, Patron Provider

@2uir064e said:

@jtk said:

@2uir064e said:

Yes, they are. I can't be bothered to look into the portal to check power status or live routes/roas to double check, but I'd guess you've nailed it.

@IPXO has less skin in the game than the vendors providing hard infra services like colo, power, ip transit who are all still giving a grace period... but they are the first to kill service... not the nicest move for customers trying to migrate out on short notice. Would it kill them to leave the ROAs in place for a few hours/days until the power/network get shut off?

yes, I have already lost the connectivity of los angeles, it seems because of the ips that dedipath managed with ipxo.

• ktkt Member, Host Rep

Unfortunate to hear, hopefully everyone has got the notification and at the very least managed to moved their data out.

Just browsing through with my tinfoil hat, it seems some providers noticed something the vast majority didn't and relocated few weeks before the collapse and appear to relocate to a provider where one of the ex-shareholders/founders is working at.

• I've partially lost LA - same as reported at above, IPXO addresses. The LVNET ones are still going.

• DvoDvo Veteran
    edited September 2023

@prestongosdinLSN said:
    Yes, happy to be a new member of the LET community.

What happened to the old members?

https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/5328/spammed-by-limestonenetworks/p1
    https://lowendbox.com/blog/limestonenetworks-threatens-lowendtalk-with-dmca/

I've gotten a ton of price match requests and all unsustainable deals. I guess it doesn't hurt to try match a $1/year VPS, 20 IP's for 8/mo, or 3 VPS's for $11/year etc.

It's not so much the unsustainable deals, it's who created those unsustainable deals.

The company and the actors within it, should be banned (Ernie should be held accountable for the deals he did).

• HostMayoHostMayo Member, Host Rep

@SparkedPaul said:

@HostMayo said:

Haven't heard shit from anyone today, just sent Evocative a email though but yeah LAX is up for us too

Well, try this email '[email protected]'. I got an agreement emailed by them for handing off the gear along with other normal legal points.

• @Dvo said: The company and the actors within it, should be banned (Ernie should be held accountable for the deals he did).

I had some nifty deals on colo. I had nothing on colo or VPSs like you mentioned, but I'm not saying others didn't. The company didn't go 6 years with Ernie in his position and then fail solely because of the deals he did. I think in part, prices staying the same since startup is a hefty cause. I know a business, not tech related, that is trying to eat the cost of inflation and...its not working out the best for them either.
    I know some other info that I also think played a heavy role, but I don't have full facts to say it did.

• I have login the dedipath control and update all the infomation of mime to false details,all address,email,phone is not valid now.
    I do not want anyone who takes the dedipath data and contact me.I will find provider myself. Dedipath is Deadpath now!

Thanked by 1PureVoltage