Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

dedipath Closure of Business
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

dedipath Closure of Business

Dear

We will are writing to you regarding your service at DediPath. With a heavy heart we must announce that DediPath will be discontinuing operations effective 8/31/23. Please migrate your data and take backups as soon as possible.

In regards to our colocation customers if you are in the following locations please send a ticket to [email protected] for equipment removal:
Dallas
Las Vegas
Denver
Atlanta
Jacksonville

In regards to our colocation customers if you are in the following location please send a ticket to [email protected] for equipment removal:
Seattle

In regards to our colocation customers if you are in the following locations please send a ticket to [email protected] for equipment removal:
Phoenix

Secaucus
Redondo Beach
San Jose

If you have a domain registered with us please transfer it out ASAP.

We are truly sorry for the inconvenience this has caused. We appreciate your business and support over the years and this is heart breaking to everyone at DediPath.

Comments

• Holy shit, there's quite a few providers using Dedipath as upstream.

Thanked by 3neverain haolun Ed_Chd
  • Another night (again!) of rclone working.

Thanked by 2FrankZ netomx
  • Dallas
    Las Vegas
    Denver
    Atlanta
    Jacksonville

My VPS was rock solid in Jacksonville...

• So we have like ~15 hours to backup our data? :D

• Saw that coming when @Ernie left.

Thanked by 1pepa65
  • link to any announcements made or was it just an email?

• Holy.. On the Site you can still order Servers...

• DanielNUDanielNU Member, Host Rep

So do we get a refund or what?

• ntlxntlx Member
    edited August 2023

Yikes. Although, not entirely unsurprising. Hope no one is too badly impacted here.

Pretty wild that on their site they are still advertising some kind of sale with a bright red bar promoting it on the top of the page.

And they tweeted this out just a few days ago:

Surely they had to have known that this was coming down the pike, I refuse to believe that they only had ~24 hours (not even, actually!) of advance notice.

Thanked by 1pepa65
  • @codelock said:
    link to any announcements made or was it just an email?

Email.

• @ceplavia said:

@codelock said:

Email.

did you also receive this?

• @ntlx said:
    Yikes. Although, not entirely unsurprising. Hope no one is too badly impacted here.

What happened previously that let them make such a decision? Dedipath isn't small with over 810 IPv4 Prefixes..

• @codelock said:

@ceplavia said:

@codelock said:

Email.

did you also receive this?

Yep. But with a warning from zoho:

▲ Warning!

We could not verify that the email was actually from [email protected]. Be cautious when opening any links/attachments, if any, in this email. Learn More

Thanked by 1SirFoxy
  • codelockcodelock Member
    edited August 2023

nevermind

• This is fucked up!
    This is like a bloodbath coming.

Thanked by 1dedicados
  • @Ernie What happened?

• suutsuut Member
    edited August 2023

This is a screenshot of an email from loc that I have found so far. This could also be a phishing email. Authenticity needs further confirmation.

• @suut said:

Hey that's my screenshot :(

• Has someone confirmed that this email is legit?

• HostMayoHostMayo Member, Host Rep

This cant be true...we have more than 20 live servers with them and we cant take backup in just one day.

Thanked by 2yongsiklee pepa65
  • Since sender verification fails, would it be possible that someone somehow stole the customer database and sent fake emails?

This is still terrible enough though.

• It's interesting what will happen with our services.
    I have 2 VPS with them and is very strange i received the email that today the services will discontinue, very nice :)

• jfreak53jfreak53 Member, Patron Provider

Check full headers, see originating path and compare to past billing emails.

Thanked by 1neckbreaker
  • suutsuut Member

@ceplavia said:

@suut said:

Hey that's my screenshot :(

Yes, from your screenshot.

• Could anyone just pastebin the raw header of the email?

Thanked by 1neckbreaker
  • I also received this email. Gmail didn't show any warning about invalid email verification.

• HostEONSHostEONS Member, Patron Provider

This is true, but before anybody makes assumptions we have migrated out to other Datacentre, we do have lots of our colo gear over there, but we have moved out over 9000 VM as well a shared hosting out ... last 2 vegas servers migration is going on and 2 Dallas servers are pending but we have offsite backups for ongoing Vegas as well as Dallas servers

Thanked by 2FrankZ Ympker
  • I didn't even notice that email claims all operations will end on 8/31 which is literally today.
    If this email is legit, then that's a pretty short notice (less than 24 hours)

• @Kebab said:
    I also received this email. Gmail didn't show any warning about invalid email verification.

Oh~ it doesn't look good.