Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

dedipath Closure of Business - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

dedipath Closure of Business

Comments

• me too! I just had a 3 months of run. and couple of days ago, servers are dead. and today I got this email.

Thanked by 1etcrooty
  • Do you guys remember EthernetServers moved out of DediPath a couple of weeks ago all of a sudden and received a lot of flak from people. 9/11 was an inside job!

Thanked by 1kekeguai
  • https://pastebin.com/BLnHAs4F

Raw header for this email.
    I'll go get some old email header.

Thanked by 1Kris
  • Got this email as well, meanwhile they have a summer sale in their main page, trying to milk as much as possible.

• 20 hours ago, key word reliable

Thanked by 1niranjan
  • @Fireboy said:
    Got this email as well, meanwhile they have a summer sale in their main page, trying to milk as much as possible.

Yea, you can still order Servers on the site without any notice of this..

• Is it possible they got hacked? In US is not yet 7:00 AM in the morning and the mail come 40 minutes ago... but in the same time nobody answers on the website chat, let's see if somebody will answer to my ticket and i will update you.

Mewanwhile => backup

Thanked by 1dedicados
  • keplerkepler Member
    edited August 2023

[email protected];

Its sent via mailchimp. Possible mailchimp breached? Super sus since their site is still running with no mention of closure whatsoever, a banner of summer sale is still proudly sit on top. Cool deadpool if this true

• RecDRecD Member

Received the mail.
    8/31/23, barely no time to respond

• Apparently fake according to the support personel via discord.

Thanked by 1RecD
  • https://pastebin.com/STKA3RVv

Raw header from email sent in Aug. 7.

Thanked by 2loay vpssh
  • Feeling like it's a hack, but safety first - backup. Reason 1: Surprisingly short notification period, it does not sound legit, even 9/1 would sound more realistic. Reason 2: Everything seems to be working as normal, the only thing claiming closure is this email, with little to no detailed information. If this were real, the only reason would be some serious legal action taken against Dedipath, forcing them to inevitably close as a solution.

• RecDRecD Member

@Ernie 's Last Active was 30 mins ago.

• @RecD said:
    @Ernie 's Last Active was 30 mins ago.

Maybe he logged in because people tagged him but he is not anymore with DediPath

• I don't think that Ernie is with DediPath anymore, so not sure if he can shed any light on the situation.

Thanked by 1Xrmaddness
  • HostMayoHostMayo Member, Host Rep

@Ernie confirmed he doesnt know about it and is not related to dedipath anymore.

• Currently the domain dedipath.com where the mail supposedly come from ([email protected]) only appointed google as trusted smtp sender in their spf record.

The deadpool mail came from mailchimp.

Thanked by 3ceplavia alilet pepa65
  • SirFoxySirFoxy Member
    edited August 2023

@HostMayo said:
    @Ernie confirmed he doesnt know about it and is not related to dedipath anymore.

That part has been clear.

The part that isn't is if DediPath is closing, or if they've had their DB compromised.

• <24 hour warning makes it look obviously fake, I don't see how they'd get away with that without a bunch of lawsuits

• KrisKris Member

It's real. Go to their homepage and sign up for the 20% off. It comes from MailChimp with the same headers.

20% coupon: X-MC-User: 70b52fc85fa8008ae04a181ce

@ceplavia said: https://pastebin.com/BLnHAs4F

Raw header for this email.

Closure email: X-MC-User: 70b52fc85fa8008ae04a181ce

I knew things were screwed when George, who I knew previously from HVH got the hell out of there when Ernie did. Very good call by him.

Thanked by 3sebkehl jar pepa65
  • SirFoxySirFoxy Member
    edited August 2023

@MallocVoidstar said:
    <24 hour warning makes it look obviously fake, I don't see how they'd get away with that without a bunch of lawsuits

There wouldn't be anything left to collect if they've let things deteriorate to the point of a 24-hour closure.

With bills possibly going unpaid about a month ago, causing 3 locations to temporarily go out... idk, not incredibly far-fetched.

Notably at the end of the month before a new billing cycle starts (if true).

Thanked by 2homelabber pepa65
  • wdmgwdmg Member, LIR

Did DediPath and Spry work together on this one?

Thanked by 1neverain
  • FrankZFrankZ Veteran
    edited August 2023

Email seems to be legit. Act accordingly.

• @FrankZ said:
    Email seems to be legit. Act accordingly.

lol what the fuck

Well, I checked and my backups are still good, so I guess I'll just manually trigger a few today and prepare to restore in a few months when they get redeployed.

• A mod on les supposedly mail them and got a reply saying its legit.

I'm getting very curious here. Came for the shit and giggles, will stay for popcorn. I did owned a cheap yearly plan with them but let it lapse last month. Lucky?

• kaitkait Member

@SirFoxy said: There wouldn't be anything left to collect if they've let things deteriorate to the point of a 24-hour closure.

Do you know how to check the company status?

• They just billed me on the 24th. Oh well. Can confirm I got the same email as OP posted.

• wdmgwdmg Member, LIR

@kait said:

@SirFoxy said: There wouldn't be anything left to collect if they've let things deteriorate to the point of a 24-hour closure.

Do you know how to check the company status?

DNB is usually reported to by the creditors if they're in excess. You can also hit the Delaware Corp search, pay $15 (iirc) and see their taxes owed, if they're in good standing, etc.

Thanked by 1pepa65
  • Virmach also using few dedipath dc. This going to be a huge domino.

Thanked by 1pepa65