Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[MXroute] Spring Promo - $15/year
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[MXroute] Spring Promo - $15/year

jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Hey friends,

MXroute is looking ahead to what I'm calling a "golden age" this year. We're well on our way to an in-house control panel that starts out first as an API front-end for DirectAdmin. We're moving to the place where I've known for a long time would be our final home: Ashburn, VA (QuickPacket). More can be posted on that story if anyone is interested. We have a thriving community ( https://discord.gg/mxroute ), a healthy business, a new place for me to code from (we moved to a town so country it isn't even incorporated), and we're growing at a pace that outperforms my wildest predictions.

If you're not familiar with MXroute, we are an email hosting provider that tried to do a lot of things different. While everyone else was choosing not to compete heavily, and focused on a lot of "per user" monthly charges for email, I saw an opportunity right there. Why were web hosting companies selling email at a better deal than email providers? Well, the answer was that they didn't really care about email. But what if they did? Couldn't their business model be tweaked to provide something that knocks the entire market on it's ass? I still think it can, and it's what I'm doing. Here's what we're doing so far:

• IMAP, POP, SMTP. All the basics in their purest forms.
  • Crossbox, Afterlogic Pro, Roundcube, Snappy (Rainloop fork, but better)
  • Support for all of your standard email clients, you don't have to change any of your workflows.
  • The best chance at inbox delivery for your outbound emails that anyone can give you. We have very high reputation owned IPs (assigned to us by ARIN, no middle man, no renting) that are guarded militantly to protect your deliverability. If we do fail, or even suspect that it's theoretically plausible that we might have, we pass it to mail.baby to see if they can do it better.
  • A DirectAdmin-based control panel that gets the job done, and probably isn't too unfamiliar to most here.

We're offering a Spring promo:

• 25GB Storage
  • Unlimited Domains
  • Unlimited Email Accounts
  • $15/year
  • Order here

Some limitations:

• 300 Outbound emails per hour, per email address. It is not allowed for you to create additional addresses purely to go over the limit, it is allowed for you to break up your use cases by different emails and have them each with their own limit (ex. password reset and registration emails could each have 300 per hour limits).
  • Unlimited domains is meant to remove the stress over whether or not the limit is within your reach, not to encourage you to add 150,000 domains that all have catchall forwarders to Gmail. Forbidden use cases are described in our policy which allow us to keep the limit revoked while forbidding the cases that challenge it successfully: https://mxroute.com/policy.html
  • If you want to replace your plan with this promo you have to set it up as a new service and migrate your own data to it, then cancel the other plan. We don't move anyone to a promo, but we don't stop you from doing this. That's how we stay fair and kind about it while not risking the sustainability of the promos.
  • I love you

Comments

• Ah-uh Jar's MXRoute is great have used it few years ago. But now no use case for me. But I'll 100% recommend it. And I guess I'm getting old also. That few years ago I had MXRoute was when Jar is working on DigitalOcean time flies by indeed and MXRoute is still alive and kicking. Congrats for those expansion and new technology ♥️

• ArkasArkas Moderator

Excellent!!! Best of luck! :smile:

Thanked by 1jar
  • Looks nice;

Thanked by 1jar
  • premium

Thanked by 1jar
  • yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

Warning: every dik is subject to inspection.
    There is a DKIM (DiK Inspection Manager) at every corner in MXroute facility.

Thanked by 3jar hyperblast kdh
  • @jar said: We're moving to the place where I've known for a long time would be our final home: Ashburn, VA (QuickPacket).

Does this mean every other service is being moved to this location? No more Europe locations?

Thanked by 1jar
  • bdlbdl Member

Don't forget the added feature:

• No BS.
    Thanked by 1jar
  • Woo. Instantly signed-up. Have been flirting with the idea of using email hosting for a while and was considering some of the resellers, but this deal is too good to pass up!

Thanked by 1jar
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@webcraft said:

@jar said: We're moving to the place where I've known for a long time would be our final home: Ashburn, VA (QuickPacket).

Does this mean every other service is being moved to this location? No more Europe locations?

Yup. I’m pulling out. The Taylor and Shadow servers will probably be the last to go, no urgency on those.

• This is crazy, I just noticed that I have been using MXRoute since 2014!

Thanked by 1jar

@seikan said:
    This is crazy, I just noticed that I have been using MXRoute since 2014!

Pretty much the beginning. I think it was Dec 2013 the first iteration was launched.

• ZyraZyra Member

glws, mxroute has been solid for me for a few years

Thanked by 1jar
  • bustersgbustersg Member
    edited March 2023

Recurring or first year only? @jar

Thanked by 1jar

@bustersg said:
    Recurring or first year only? @jar

Recurring

Thanked by 2bustersg arda
  • Just bought it - now I have to learn to use it :neutral: I have always used the webmail that came with the hosting package....

Thanked by 1jar

@shajeeafzal said:
    Just bought it - now I have to learn to use it :neutral: I have always used the webmail that came with the hosting package....

Just make sure to read that welcome email. The whole UX is subpar and that email is meant to be the thread that holds it all together. At least until I finish UX improvements (something I've promised for years, and still plan to deliver).

Thanked by 2shajeeafzal adly
  • hochthocht Member

@jar said:
    Just make sure to read that welcome email. The whole UX is subpar and that email is meant to be the thread that holds it all together. At least until I finish UX improvements (something I've promised for years, and still plan to deliver).

I can help you on UX improments :))

Thanked by 1jar
  • CrabCrab Member

What a great offer, I'm very happy to pay 3x of that price for MXroute's excellent service! :D

Thanked by 1jar
  • PawanPawan Member

Top class service, has never disappointed me!

Thanked by 1jar
  • @jar said:

@webcraft said:

@jar said: We're moving to the place where I've known for a long time would be our final home: Ashburn, VA (QuickPacket).

Yup. I’m pulling out. The Taylor and Shadow servers will probably be the last to go, no urgency on those.

Using your service and also @mailcheap for different use cases. Love both services... But knowing that Mxroute plan is to have no hosted services in European datacenter, its a deal breaker for me, since I have to meet EU GDPR law.

Hope all the best to Mxroute, buy I will be forced to migrate my services to @mailcheap

Note: Hey @jar if you decide to keep EU locations, dont forget to add reseller plans.

Thanked by 2jar babuum
  • nick_nick_ Member

Thank you for the great deal! I bought one. It's even better than the previous BFD.

Thanked by 1jar
  • FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@jar said: Yup. I’m pulling out.

Typed while giggling like a school girl, no doubt.

Francisco

Thanked by 4adly jar skorous kdh
  • BlaZeBlaZe Member, Host Rep

How much more of my money do you want boi?

Already have one 3-year service, one-lifetime service and now I am tempted to get this too.

The sad thing is, I don't even send so many emails.

BTW the service has been rock solid for years.

Using it for my family members & some personal low-traffic sites and there have been no complaints what-so-ever (other than how to use Horde, lol)

Highly recommended email provider for legit usage ;)

Thanked by 2jar bdl
  • Silly question: What is the hostname entered on the signup used for? Is it the first e-mail domain to use with the service or is it just a unique identifier to use to identify the account?

Thanked by 2omeongth jar
  • Interesting, thanks! When does this promo expire?

• LeviLevi Member

I can confirm that incoming filtering got a lot better. False positives are bellow 2%. This is exceptionally good. I may renew this service and finally stop relentlessly bashing jar for his fuck ups.

• mxroute redefines email.

• @jar said:

@seikan said:
    This is crazy, I just noticed that I have been using MXRoute since 2014!

Pretty much the beginning. I think it was Dec 2013 the first iteration was launched.

Hehe, how time flies! I still have an invoice from just after then, with a low 3-digit invoice number. Thanks for all the great years of service, Jar! We appreciate your effort and what you've built, more than you'll know!

• dosaidosai Member

@jar any chance for $5/year offer?

• sh97sh97 Member

@dosai said:
    @jar any chance for $5/year offer?

I remember him saying he's kinda done with it sometime back. I do hope it makes a return, at least for BF23.