Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hetzner Online chitchat - Page 21
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Hetzner Online chitchat

Comments

• @Hetzner_OL said:
    One, two, three - which option will it be? 🧐

With our newest cloud feature Primary IPs, you can now choose from three networking options for your server. Simply add, remove or replace a server's IPv4/IPv6 to enable or disable the public network.
    Try it out now console.hetzner.cloud 🚀

Is there a pricing discount for relinquishing the IPv4 address?

• ErisaErisa Member
    edited June 2022

@stevewatson301 said:

@Hetzner_OL said:
    One, two, three - which option will it be? 🧐

With our newest cloud feature Primary IPs, you can now choose from three networking options for your server. Simply add, remove or replace a server's IPv4/IPv6 to enable or disable the public network.
    Try it out now console.hetzner.cloud 🚀

Is there a pricing discount for relinquishing the IPv4 address?

A Primary IPv4 resource costs €0.0008/hour (€0.50/mo) before tax, so that's what you save when you remove an IPv4 from a server.

It's lower than I expected, but still something.

Their docs have information, as well as FAQ: https://docs.hetzner.com/cloud/servers/primary-ips/overview

• @Hetzner_OL said:
    @0xbkt I asked the networking team about this and they told me that this is just a general measure to improve our network. If there is any news about new locations that I can announce, I will make sure to do that here and on our other social media channels.
    Out of curiosity, LET readers, what would be your dream location if we were to open a new one...? --Katie

With the amount of new submarine cables that connect Portugal to the world, I believe that this little corner by the sea planted would be an excellent option.

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@WebDigHost said:

@Hetzner_OL said:
    @0xbkt I asked the networking team about this and they told me that this is just a general measure to improve our network. If there is any news about new locations that I can announce, I will make sure to do that here and on our other social media channels.
    Out of curiosity, LET readers, what would be your dream location if we were to open a new one...? --Katie

With the amount of new submarine cables that connect Portugal to the world, I believe that this little corner by the sea planted would be an excellent option.

Ah are you from Portugal too?

• @MikePT said:

@WebDigHost said:

@Hetzner_OL said:

Yes, very close to the beautiful village of Dornes

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@WebDigHost said:

@MikePT said:

@WebDigHost said:

@Hetzner_OL said:

Yes, very close to the beautiful village of Dornes

Caparica here!

• eriseris Member

Yes they are new.

Wonder how it compares with similar priced servers...

• Was waiting for new gen Epycs
    idk when they are coming.

• afnafn Member
    edited July 2022

@AXYZE said: Your verification process really needs to improve.

Nope, it has nothing to do with it.

Most of these are not coming from direct Hetzner customers, but mainly this comes from people who are too naive and use easy passwords, their servers get compromised and are then used by attackers. I am talking based on experience, back when I was in middle school, I had servers, I never did DDOS, but a lot of my servers were used to do DDOS and I got my servers blocked several times, I was an idiot using some windows template and never bothered changing the default password.

Recently one of our admins created a test account with password "test" to test something. We only knew about that weird account on the server, when the server got suspended for DDOS.

Either that, or through hetzner services resold through resellers.

• ericlsericls Member, Patron Provider

Hi, just want vote +1 for ARM based cloud

Thanked by 1lanefu
  • drizbodrizbo Member

@ericls said:

Thank you, your voted has been counted. And doubled.

Thanked by 1ericls
  • ericlsericls Member, Patron Provider

@drizbo said:

@ericls said:

Thank you, your voted has been counted. And doubled.

Woo! Nice man! Let’s celebrate the doubling!

Thanked by 1drizbo
  • Hello:

Would you consider offering a service like Stardust Instances?
    1 CPU, 1G RAM, 10GB NVMe Storage, 100 Mbit/s, ipv6 only, Limited supply, charge €0.0001/h (=€0.4/m)

If not, I formally propose that perhaps you @Hetzner_OL could use redundant resources to provide services with similar configurations and prices. Thanks.

• tjntjn Member
    edited August 2022

@Hetzner_OL Is it just me or has the server auction page got a new design?

Could we get the old design back - I found searching for servers on it was a lot easier, visually better appealing and more practical 😅

Edit: could we also get the benchmark filter back? :smile:

• eriseris Member

Yes it is a new design

• @Hetzner_OL new auction design is worse, no filtering by number of CPU cores or cpubenchmark. You should think twice before doing such updates.

Thanked by 2Daniel15 i4P1
  • So....

Note about price changes
    Due to increasingly rising electricity prices, we will introduce new prices on 1 September 2022 for all new orders of many of our products. Existing products (ones that customers ordered and that we have brought online by 31 August 2022) will have the “old” prices until 31 December 2022; the prices for these products will change on 1 January 2023.

The new prices will be visible on our Website starting on 1 September 2022.
    For more information, see our FAQ: https://docs.hetzner.com/general/others/price-adjustment

(c) https://status.hetzner.com/incident/10b1692d-8350-4607-8fa3-600e0f98c15c

• Hetzner_OLHetzner_OL Member, Top Host

@wxcszh - Thanks for the suggestion about small instances like the ones at Stardust. I do not believe that we have anything like this planned for the future, but I will pass it along for the customer wishlist.
    @tjn and @dodheimsgard - I am sorry that you're disappointed with the new design for the Server Auction. @dodheimsgard, thanks for giving us a few details about what specifically you don't like about the new design. @tin, could you be more specific? Thanks in advance.
    @SashkaPro - We want to be transparent about this change. As that forum posts states, existing customers will also receive this email starting today (and over the coming days). --Katie

• @Hetzner_OL - as more webauthn and u2f keys pop up, do you see any time horizon on extending hw token support from yubikeys to the general standard?

• Hetzner_OLHetzner_OL Member, Top Host
    edited August 2022

Hi there everyone, There's a nice development for ending the workweek on. We've added WireGuard to our collection of one-click apps for Hetzner Cloud. You can see a quick demo video here.

If you are curious and want to see more info, go here. And check out other one-click apps on Hetzner Cloud.

@zetfri - I checked with our Security Team about this. There are a few people who have requested this, and I added a +1 for you. But we don't have a specific roadmap for this. We will publish any news about htis on our social media channels and on Hetzner Docs if/when we implement it. We generally do not publish roadmaps on upcoming new features, services, products, or different technologies that will be supporting on our existing products and services. --Katie

• So in robot we already can see new prices.
    My AX41 raised from EUR34 to EUR37.3, so +10%.

Price for additional IPv4 still the same (maybe just yet).

• @SashkaPro said:
    So in robot we already can see new prices.
    My AX41 raised from EUR34 to EUR37.3, so +10%.

Price for additional IPv4 still the same (maybe just yet).

Where exactly can I see these prices?

Is there a way to check the prices of the servers I currently own?

• ErisaErisa Member
    edited September 2022

@Astro said: Where exactly can I see these prices?

Non-auction server pricing can be found here https://robot.your-server.de/order
    The main marketing website is offline for maintenance but I assume will show everything soon.

EDIT: The main website shows the new prices now.

@SashkaPro said: Price for additional IPv4 still the same (maybe just yet).

They shouldn't change, this price adjustment is only for products that consume power and IPv4 do not.

The new prices are live for Cloud as well, and IPv4 costs are unaffected.

• @Erisa said:

@Astro said: Where exactly can I see these prices?

Non-auction server pricing can be found here https://robot.your-server.de/order
    The main marketing website is offline for maintenance but I assume will show everything soon.

@SashkaPro said: Price for additional IPv4 still the same (maybe just yet).

They shouldn't change, this price adjustment is only for products that consume power and IPv4 do not.

The new prices are live for Cloud as well, and IPv4 costs are unaffected.

IPv4 ok, got your point.
    But addons (ECC Upgrade, disks etc) increased for 10% too.

• @SashkaPro said: But addons (ECC Upgrade, disks etc) increased for 10% too.

RAM and disks use up power :sweat_smile:

And to those who were wondering if Storage Share and Storage Box are affected: Yes, they are.

• Some deals in Hetzner Auction have the same price was before.

Thanked by 1darkimmortal
  • Hetzner cloud as the "Dedicated" is about +10% up with the prices

• even the storage boxes are got price up. Starting from 3.20 euros.(1TB)

• I've been getting 429 Too Many Requests when visiting the Hetzner homepage as of late - no VPN or anything running, it (ironically) disappears after a couple of refreshes. Is anyone else getting the same?

Thanked by 1darkimmortal