Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hetzner Online chitchat - Page 19
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Hetzner Online chitchat

Comments

• emghemgh Member
    edited April 2022

@Hetzner_OL said:
    Hi y'all - have you ever heard of our Hetzner Online Community? B)
    The heart of our Community is the tutorial area in addition to our frequently visited forum. The free collection of high-quality tutorials, which are based on free and open source software, includes texts on a variety of topics such as development, system administration, and other web technology. We would like to give all users an extra hand so that they get their projects off to a good start. Together with the community, we will continually expand and update the collection.
    Share your knowledge and get rewarded! We will put up to € 50 on your account for every relevant tutorial which fulfills our criteria and isn’t published anywhere else yet!
    If your ready to dive in, then click here https://github.com/hetzneronline/community-content and write your own tutorial!

If you have any questions or need a hand getting started, we will be happy to help you. Please check out the Hetzner Tutorial Guidelines before submitting your tutorial. -Lea

Are Storage Boxes not provisioned automatically?

Nvm just took a few minutes.

• NekkiNekki Veteran
    edited April 2022

@Hetzner_OL said:
    The heart of our Community is the tutorial area in addition to our frequently visited forum. The free collection of high-quality tutorials, which are based on free and open source software, includes texts on a variety of topics such as development, system administration, and other web technology. We would like to give all users an extra hand so that they get their projects off to a good start. Together with the community, we will continually expand and update the collection.
    Share your knowledge and get rewarded! We will put up to € 50 on your account for every relevant tutorial which fulfills our criteria and isn’t published anywhere else yet!
    If your ready to dive in, then click here https://github.com/hetzneronline/community-content and write your own tutorial!

If you have any questions or need a hand getting started, we will be happy to help you. Please check out the Hetzner Tutorial Guidelines before submitting your tutorial. -Lea

Quick @jbiloh, Hetzner are trying to steal your traffic and your article writers.

Thanked by 1brejski
  • adlyadly Veteran

@Nekki said:
    Quick @jbiloh, Hetzner are trying to steal your traffic and your article writers.

It's OK, Hetzner only pay for relevant content.

Thanked by 1brejski
  • @Hetzner_OL said:

good to know
    will contribute

Thanked by 1Hetzner_OL
  • AXYZEAXYZE Member

Cloudflare just published blog post about biggest HTTPS attack ever and I must say... congrats Hetzner! 🥳 First place! WOW!

https://blog.cloudflare.com/15m-rps-ddos-attack/

Your verification process really needs to improve.

• varwwwvarwww Member
    edited May 2022

For some reason I did not get the Hetzner invoice I usually get on 1st of every month to my Gmail A/c. Anyone else? I logged in and paid the amount though.

• Hetzner_OLHetzner_OL Member, Top Host

@varwww said:
    For some reason I did not get the Hetzner invoice I usually get on 1st of every month to my Gmail A/c. Anyone else? I logged in and paid the amount though.

Hi there, did you already get your invoice? If not, please let me know, so that I can forward this to my colleagues. -Lea

Thanked by 1varwww
  • varwwwvarwww Member

@Hetzner_OL said:

@varwww said:

Hi there, did you already get your invoice? If not, please let me know, so that I can forward this to my colleagues. -Lea

Hi Lea, Yes, I got the invoice on the next day (2nd). Thanks! It's all sorted.

• CesslorCesslor Member

For some reason they removed a lot of Intel CPUs (6700/8700/9900k) from their website 🤔

• ErisaErisa Member
    edited May 2022

@Cesslor said:
    For some reason they removed a lot of Intel CPUs (6700/8700/9900k) from their website 🤔

I guess those lines are probably discontinued now..

You can still find 6700/8700 on Server Auction, but I don't see any 9900k anymore.

• @Cesslor said:

Product lifecycle? 100% of customers choosing EX over AX using it for piracy transcoding?

• CesslorCesslor Member

@Erisa said:

@Cesslor said:

I guess those lines are probably discontinued now..

You can still find 6700/8700 on Server Auction, but I don't see any 9900k anymore.

Way worse tho, could get the I7 6700 (was a 7700 in 99% of the time) for 34€ with 64G and 2x512 nvme - cant find that in the server auction at all / only at a way higher price.

Thanked by 1Erisa
  • @Cesslor said:

I got an 8700 two days ago from the auction.

• CesslorCesslor Member

@vitobotta said:

@Cesslor said:

I got an 8700 two days ago from the auction.

Yeah but the price difference is huge, the alternative i5-12500 sucks cause of the setup fee + only 64g ram.

• NekkiNekki Veteran
    edited May 2022

@Hetzner_OL

I can’t quite figure out Hetzner’s cancellation policy.

I have a server invoiced and paid through to 1st May. The next invoice is due 7 May.

The cancellation policy is 30 days from the start of the billing cycle according to your site, but it appears as if I can cancel the server immediately via the control panel, and I’ll lose access immediately but based on the policy wording, the earliest I should be able to cancel now is 1 July.

I don’t want to pay for a server for the best part of 2 months if I don’t actually have it, but there’s no indication of what’s going to happen if I actually cancel now, other than I won’t have access to the server anymore.

I’m not sure if years of substance abuse is clouding my brain, but I’m really unclear what will actually happen when I press that cancel button if I select today’s date.

• NetDynamics24NetDynamics24 Member, Host Rep
    edited May 2022

@Nekki said:
    but I’m really unclear what will actually happen when I press that cancel button if I select today’s date.

You will be billed until today.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@NetDynamics24 said:

@Nekki said:
    but I’m really unclear what will actually happen when I press that cancel button if I select today’s date.

You will be billed until today.

Which is what I thought it meant, but then that’s at odds with the 30 day cancellation policy.

• FalzoFalzo Member

@Nekki said:
    @Hetzner_OL

I have a server invoiced and paid through to 1st May. The next invoice is due 7 May.

The cancellation policy is 30 days from the start of the billing cycle according to your site, but it appears as if I can cancel the server immediately via the control panel, and I’ll lose access immediately but based on the policy wording, the earliest I should be able to cancel now is 1 July.

I don’t want to pay for a server for the best part of 2 months if I don’t actually have it, but there’s no indication of what’s going to happen if I actually cancel now, other than I won’t have access to the server anymore.

I’m not sure if years of substance abuse is clouding my brain, but I’m really unclear what will actually happen when I press that cancel button if I select today’s date.

the date you (can) pick on the cancellation button will be the last day you have to pay for. If you cancel today, the server will go away around midnight and the next invoice will hold a prorated amount till today.

Their cancellation period of 30 days is kind of a soft limit.... for instance if you get your invoice on 25th and the server renews on 20th your earliest cancellation date right now would be the next 20th - because it simplx has been invoiced then.

In your case you're outside that invoiced term already, hence you cancel daily (until the next bill).

Thanked by 2Nekki Hetzner_OL
  • NekkiNekki Veteran

@Falzo said:

@Nekki said:
    @Hetzner_OL

the date you (can) pick on the cancellation button will be the last day you have to pay for. If you cancel today, the server will go away around midnight and the next invoice will hold a prorated amount till today.

Their cancellation period of 30 days is kind of a soft limit.... for instance if you get your invoice on 25th and the server renews on 20th your earliest cancellation date right now would be the next 20th - because it simplx has been invoiced then.

In your case you're outside that invoiced term already, hence you cancel daily (until the next bill).

Ah, weirdly inconsistent but sort of makes sense - so given my invoice date is the 7th, I can cancel now for the 6th and just pay a pro-rates invoice for the period of 1-6 May.

• FalzoFalzo Member

@Nekki said: so given my invoice date is the 7th, I can cancel now for the 6th and just pay a pro-rates invoice for the period of 1-6 May.

yes, exactly. it's pretty flexible. you could even cancel for 10th or 15th right now, and the next invoice on 7th will have that prorated correctly. only if you do not cancel it will be the full month till next 1st on that bill.

so ... essentially if a bit unsure about e.g. finishing a migration, you could pick a date like the 9th, wait for the invoice on 7th, revoke the cancellation on 8th and again be able to cancel daily from there till the next invoice - but don't get your brain fried over it ;-)

Thanked by 1Hetzner_OL
  • NekkiNekki Veteran

@Falzo said:

@Nekki said: so given my invoice date is the 7th, I can cancel now for the 6th and just pay a pro-rates invoice for the period of 1-6 May.

yes, exactly. it's pretty flexible. you could even cancel for 10th or 15th right now, and the next invoice on 7th will have that prorated correctly. only if you do not cancel it will be the full month till next 1st on that bill.

so ... essentially if a bit unsure about e.g. finishing a migration, you could pick a date like the 9th, wait for the invoice on 7th, revoke the cancellation on 8th and again be able to cancel daily from there till the next invoice - but don't get your brain fried over it ;-)

That’s even better. I can probably do what I need to do by the 6th, but an extra week would be preferable.

@Cesslor said:

Hi there, some of the servers should be added to our server auction until the end of this week :) -Lea

• Most of your clients is Iranian guys, but why you still do not support them officially?
    strange...

• CesslorCesslor Member

@Hetzner_OL said:

@Cesslor said:

Hi there, some of the servers should be added to our server auction until the end of this week :) -Lea

Still not done i guess?

• NekkiNekki Veteran
    edited May 2022

@moritezza said:
    Most of your clients is Iranian guys, but why you still do not support them officially?
    strange...

I’m pretty sure ‘most’ of the clients aren’t Iranian.

That aside, I believe EU sanctions currently prohibit providing services to Iran, so that would be one very solid reason for not providing official support.

Thanked by 1adly

@moritezza said:
    Most of your clients is Iranian guys, but why you still do not support them officially?
    strange...

Would you mind specifying your question? What do you mean by "support them officially" ? :) -Lea

@Cesslor said:

@Hetzner_OL said:

@Cesslor said:

Still not done i guess?

The process took longer than expected. But my colleagues are still on it - I will update you all as soon as the servers are added! :blush: -Lea

• CesslorCesslor Member

@Hetzner_OL said:

@Cesslor said:

@Hetzner_OL said:

@Cesslor said:

Still not done i guess?

The process took longer than expected. But my colleagues are still on it - I will update you all as soon as the servers are added! :blush: -Lea

Did they give you another ETA? I'm in need of 70-100 of the "old" EX42 systems, and there is nothing comparable currently being offered on your website.

@Cesslor said:

@Hetzner_OL said:

@Cesslor said:

@Hetzner_OL said:

@Cesslor said:

Still not done i guess?

Did they give you another ETA? I'm in need of 70-100 of the "old" EX42 systems, and there is nothing comparable currently being offered on your website.

Some have been added already, you can go and check out our server auction, if you can find the server you want -> https://www.hetzner.com/sb?country=ot :smile: -Lea