Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

โ€บ Hetzner Online chitchat - Page 22
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Hetzner Online chitchat

Comments

• NetDynamics24NetDynamics24 Member, Host Rep

Hetzner is starting charging VAT to US firms. We just received an email from them today.

• @NetDynamics24 said:
    Hetzner is starting charging VAT to US firms. We just received an email from them today.

German VAT? That would be a 19% price hike, with no chance for US companies to get it back.

• https://docs.hetzner.com/accounts-panel/accounts/payment-faq

Special note for the United States: Starting on 1 December 2021, we will start to charge a 8.25% VAT rate for customers located Texas. We will also add VAT to customers located in Utah and Arizona. However, in Utah and Arizona, the VAT rate changes based on which city/county people are located in. We will invoice you for the VAT rate based on your account's address. If you have a valid tax exception certificate, you can send it to the Accounting Team by writing a support request on Robot/konsoleH/Cloud Console.

• I refuse to pay vat..

• NetDynamics24NetDynamics24 Member, Host Rep

@rick2610 said:
    https://docs.hetzner.com/accounts-panel/accounts/payment-faq

Special note for the United States: Starting on 1 December 2021, we will start to charge a 8.25% VAT rate for customers located Texas. We will also add VAT to customers located in Utah and Arizona. However, in Utah and Arizona, the VAT rate changes based on which city/county people are located in. We will invoice you for the VAT rate based on your account's address. If you have a valid tax exception certificate, you can send it to the Accounting Team by writing a support request on Robot/konsoleH/Cloud Console.

We are registered in NM and required to pay VAT.

• Hetzner.com is down again, i get a 502 bad gateway error.

The website has a lot of down time lately!

• @rick2610 said:
    Hetzner.com is down again, i get a 502 bad gateway error.

The website has a lot of down time lately!

Yeah, they're switching to diesel...

Joking, joking. :)

• @rick2610 said: Hetzner.com is down again

good for them, so they can save on bandwidth ^^ bahaha

• Hetzner.com must have crossed 250TB/month and got suspended.

• xrzxrz Member
    edited September 2022

@dosai said: Hetzner.com must have crossed 250TB/month and got suspended.

thats the only valid answer there ^^
    or the electricity got so expensive for them, that to keep the server online they use now low cost hamsters in wheel to generate electricity :D

Thanked by 1afn
  • @Hetzner_OL Hey, any plans for Hetzner Load Balancers to support WebSockets? I can't imagine of a reason not do enable support since they work on top of HTTP. Just need to make sure the correct timeouts are specified to allow persistent connections without constant reconnections

Thanked by 2uzaysan adly
  • Hey @Hetzner_OL when you bring almalinux 8 as preinstalled image for dedicated servers and clouds?

• @Hetzner_OL said:
    What makes a good tutorial, would you say? What specific qualities do you look for? --Katie

I would say copy-pastability for the commands and simple explanations of what each command does

Thanked by 1Hetzner_OL
  • @Lee said:

Hetzner_OL said: I hadn't expected the topic about tutorials to be quite so controversial.

It's LET, we can and will turn everything into a controversy. If we fail to turn a subject into a controversy, then that failure will cause controversy.

The forums favorite provider is DRAMA

• Hetzner_OLHetzner_OL Member, Top Host
    edited November 2022

Sorry for the delayed responses and for not being on LET for such a long time! I unfortunately have had some health issues lately and am still catching with stuff on my to-do list!

@jimaek said:
    @Hetzner_OL Hey, any plans for Hetzner Load Balancers to support WebSockets? I can't imagine of a reason not do enable support since they work on top of HTTP. Just need to make sure the correct timeouts are specified to allow persistent connections without constant reconnections

Hi, we don't publish roadmaps for possible upcoming features or anything like that. But I'm happy to forward this to our dev team so this request can go on the wishlist. I can't promise anything, but I will definitely bring up this suggestion. :smile:

@Advicerxyz - Almalinux - Our team decided to only offer one as a standard image: either Rocky or Alma. Since Rocky had noticeably more requests, that is what the team chose. However, you should be able to find Alma in the Hetzner Cloud ISO library. And if there is another custom image that you would use for your Hetzner Cloud instance, just write a quick support request via your Cloud Console account, give the team a link to it, and our team will take care of it for you. -Katie

Are you ready to treat yourself with some Cyber Monday deals? ๐Ÿ˜œ
    On Monday, 28 Nov. 2022 at 8am (CET) you can get one of 2022 available Storages Shares one month for free! If you ever wanted to try out our Dedicated Server AX101, do it by 2 Dec. 2022 while skipping the setup fee!

Thanked by 1Sanjue007
  • @Hetzner_OL said:
    Sorry for the delayed responses and for not being on LET for such a long time! I unfortunately have had some health issues lately and am still catching with stuff on my to-do list!

@jimaek said:
    @Hetzner_OL Hey, any plans for Hetzner Load Balancers to support WebSockets? I can't imagine of a reason not do enable support since they work on top of HTTP. Just need to make sure the correct timeouts are specified to allow persistent connections without constant reconnections

Hi, we don't publish roadmaps for possible upcoming features or anything like that. But I'm happy to forward this to our dev team so this request can go on the wishlist. I can't promise anything, but I will definitely bring up this suggestion. :smile:

@Advicerxyz - Almalinux - Our team decided to only offer one as a standard image: either Rocky or Alma. Since Rocky had noticeably more requests, that is what the team chose. However, you should be able to find Alma in the Hetzner Cloud ISO library. And if there is another custom image that you would use for your Hetzner Cloud instance, just write a quick support request via your Cloud Console account, give the team a link to it, and our team will take care of it for you. -Katie

Hey Katie, hope your doing fine!
    It's more for cloud and dedicated servers, Alma is super useful for most hosters than Rockylinux.

If you could pop them up regards consider adding also option to preinstall Almalinux 8 on Dedicated servers and Cloud(when opening the server in cloud, and option to preinstall alma on dedicated servers).
    See the poll on reddit so many wants to use Alma -
    https://www.reddit.com/r/AlmaLinux/comments/qufmiq/lets_bring_almalinux_to_hetzner/

Also for some reason on cloud you cannot choose to open cloud with Rockylinux 8 regards it get updates til 2029 -
    https://endoflife.date/rocky-linux

cause it easy to convert OS from Rocky 8 to Alma 8.

Also please note alot of the people using hetzner using cPanel as hosting platform -
    https://docs.cpanel.net/installation-guide/system-requirements-almalinux/
    Also lots of the clients who using cPanel / Directadmin will choose to use Cloudlinux 8 -
    https://docs.cloudlinux.com/cloudlinux_installation/#requirements

But please note it required Rocky 8 not 9, also with rocky there is no option to uninstall Cloudlinux, so Alma be the easiest choice.

Could you try to contact the team regards adding Preinstalled Almalinux 8 on creating cloud, or easy install on dedicated servers?

Thanks!

• @Advicerxyz said: It's more for cloud and dedicated servers, Alma is super useful for most hosters than Rockylinux.

Why ? It's essentialy same thing.. With exception Rocky without being backed by commercial company which could easily end up.. well commercial

• @amarc said:
    Why ? It's essentialy same thing.. With exception Rocky without being backed by commercial company which could easily end up.. well commercial

Release lag was so far shorter with Almalinux (Rockylinux 9.1 isn't even out yet).

edited November 2022

@Advicerxyz I'll pass on that feedback to both the dev teams (for cloud and dedicated root servers). Thanks also for the well wishes! I am feeling much better now and much more like myself. ;) --Katie

• @amarc said:

@Advicerxyz said: It's more for cloud and dedicated servers, Alma is super useful for most hosters than Rockylinux.

Also Almalinux backed up by Cloudlinux + Benny from cPanel, i find it more reliable and stable then Rockylinux,
    also Almalinux team more active than Rocky team, and developed tools like migrate and Elevate.

• First time on my memory:
    CYBER DEALS 2022 from Hetzner:

DEAL #1:
    HETZNER STORAGE SHARES (Nextcloud, not storage boxes unfortunately):
    Starting on 28 November 2022 at 8:00 am (CET), you can order one of 2022 Hetzner Storage Shares and use it for one month free. The offer is good for as long as supplies last or up until 2 December 2022 at 12:00 noon (CET).

DEAL #2:
    THE AX101 DEDICATED SERVER WITH FREE SETUP
    This deal is only good from 28 November 2022 at 8:00 am until 2 December 2022 at 12:00 noon (CET).

Original news: https://www.hetzner.com/news/cyber-deals-2022/

May be this will useful for someone.

Thanked by 2topper Hetzner_OL
  • Hetzner Cloud now has a new location: US West in Hillsboro, Oregen!

https://www.hetzner.com/news/12-22-cloud-usa/

The wait is over! Let the West Coast adventures begin! ๐Ÿš€
    Next to our four existing locations, we added another one for our high performance cloud products, and this time on the golden coast! From now on, weโ€™re covering both the East (Ashburn, VA) and the West Coasts (Hillsboro, OR) of the United States with our newest location in Hillsboro, Oregon! Itโ€™s now accessible for all cloud servers with AMD processors and all cloud features! ๐Ÿ˜

What are you waiting for? Make your choice & create your cloud server within seconds! ๐Ÿ˜Ž

• Any plans for 7950x? B)

• @Advicerxyz said:

@amarc said:

@Advicerxyz said: It's more for cloud and dedicated servers, Alma is super useful for most hosters than Rockylinux.

Also Almalinux backed up by Cloudlinux + Benny from cPanel, i find it more reliable and stable then Rockylinux

That's like saying white cars are more reliable than blue cars of identical make, model, and year.

• verovero Member, Host Rep

@aj_potc said:

@Advicerxyz said:

Also Almalinux backed up by Cloudlinux + Benny from cPanel, i find it more reliable and stable then Rockylinux

That's like saying white cars are more reliable than blue cars of identical make, model, and year.

He just sympathizes with russian babushkas.

• @Hetzner_OL said:
    Next to our four existing locations, we added another one for our high performance cloud products, and this time on the golden coast! From now on, weโ€™re covering both the East (Ashburn, VA) and the West Coasts (Hillsboro, OR) of the United States with our newest location in Hillsboro, Oregon! Itโ€™s now accessible for all cloud servers with AMD processors and all cloud features! ๐Ÿ˜

What are you waiting for? Make your choice & create your cloud server within seconds! ๐Ÿ˜Ž

Great news!

Btw do you have a ping test link for us? Thanks

• @Edward_S said:

@Hetzner_OL said:

Great news!

Btw do you have a ping test link for us? Thanks

The pingable test IP for this region is 5.78.7.195

Test files:
    http://5.78.7.195/100MB.bin
    http://5.78.7.195/1GB.bin
    http://5.78.7.195/10GB.bin

• ericlsericls Member, Patron Provider

Congrats! Just gonna nudge again on ARM based cloud haha

Thanked by 2eris inthecloudblog