Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hetzner Online chitchat - Page 23
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Hetzner Online chitchat

Comments

• @Erisa said:

@Edward_S said:

@Hetzner_OL said:
    The wait is over! Let the West Coast adventures begin! 🚀
    Next to our four existing locations, we added another one for our high performance cloud products, and this time on the golden coast! From now on, we’re covering both the East (Ashburn, VA) and the West Coasts (Hillsboro, OR) of the United States with our newest location in Hillsboro, Oregon! It’s now accessible for all cloud servers with AMD processors and all cloud features! 😍

What are you waiting for? Make your choice & create your cloud server within seconds! 😎

Great news!

Btw do you have a ping test link for us? Thanks

The pingable test IP for this region is 5.78.7.195

Test files:
    http://5.78.7.195/100MB.bin
    http://5.78.7.195/1GB.bin
    http://5.78.7.195/10GB.bin

Thanks a lot. :)

• That would be great can ditch Oracle cloud then…

• Yeah, please ARM cloud.

• @Hetzner_OL said:
    The wait is over! Let the West Coast adventures begin! 🚀
    Next to our four existing locations, we added another one for our high performance cloud products, and this time on the golden coast! From now on, we’re covering both the East (Ashburn, VA) and the West Coasts (Hillsboro, OR) of the United States with our newest location in Hillsboro, Oregon! It’s now accessible for all cloud servers with AMD processors and all cloud features! 😍

What are you waiting for? Make your choice & create your cloud server within seconds! 😎

Hi, is there any alternate way to verify my account other than providing photo ID?

• Hetzner_OLHetzner_OL Member, Top Host

@Edward_S said:
    Great news!

Btw do you have a ping test link for us? Thanks

There you go! :)

Nuremberg: https://nbg1-speed.hetzner.com/
    Falkenstein: https://fsn1-speed.hetzner.com/
    Helsinki: https://hel1-speed.hetzner.com/
    Ashburn: https://ash-speed.hetzner.com/
    Hillsboro: https://hil-speed.hetzner.com/ -Lea

Thanked by 4nick_ Edward_S Crab Erisa

@badhon_raj said:

Hi, is there any alternate way to verify my account other than providing photo ID?

For security reasons, we only only this option to verify your account. -Lea

• Can't pass the verification and I don't see the 20 EUR PayPal verification...

@FrankRuan said:
    Can't pass the verification and I don't see the 20 EUR PayPal verification...

I just messaged you. Please check your inbox, so that we can investigate this. -Lea

• Hi I need billing help. its important I want my invoice to be split and charged due to credit card limit. I did contact via robot. waiting for 2 days.

• @khurram said:
    Hi I need billing help. its important I want my invoice to be split and charged due to credit card limit. I did contact via robot. waiting for 2 days.

yeh same thing happend with me and they didnt reply.

Best bet would be they will create a credit invoice like half of the amount , first you have to pay that invoice and then with credit balance and reming with the card.

For me it was 1k Euro from Pakistan and bank didnt process the amount due to single transaction limit.

• @khurram said:
    Hi I need billing help. its important I want my invoice to be split and charged due to credit card limit. I did contact via robot. waiting for 2 days.

Welcome to the expedited support service. Please hold.

• this is solved. hetzner staff charged my card. big fan of hetzner

• € 1.70/IP/month - € 19.00 setup
    /29 (6 usable IPs) - € 13.60/month - € 152.00 setup

Is this a sick joke by Hetzner? Absolute insanity.

Thanked by 1tjn
  • Is it possible to upgrade ram AX101 from 128 to 256? And how much? @Hetzner_OL

• I dont think so 5950X supports more than 128GB memory.

Thanked by 1LightBlade
  • There is a no setup fee promotion now (AX, EX and PX line). Some for Germany only locations.

Thanked by 1Not_Oles
  • @Hetzner_OL said:
    We have some great news for you! B)
    -Lea

That's some impressive pricing for the 13500! Is it coming to the Finland location too? If so do you know what price it'll be?

• Welcome to the US = NO.1 B)

• foxtarefoxtare Member
    edited March 2023

Very recently we signed for a Hetzner Cloud package to host our community website and so would say we're now on their building trust period as they call it. That's reasonable, we can wait a bit to have some mail ports unblocked.

We also have a "trust period" for hosting providers, if the service turns out to be good enough, we might migrate our game servers from MyLoc where we have been hosting our games for the past 3 1/2 years...

@zako12 said:
    That's some impressive pricing for the 13500! Is it coming to the Finland location too? If so do you know what price it'll be?

Yes, it'll be available at some point in the future. But can't reveal more. -Lea

• Looks good. I was waiting for the AMD 9 Ryzen 7000 or 7950X. I guess they might be added next.

• amarcamarc Veteran

There is no more AX line with SATA drives.. You can only add them as additional drives.

• @amarc said:
    There is no more AX line with SATA drives.. You can only add them as additional drives.

AX41 with 2x2TB Sata

• @Hetzner_OL said: I just messaged you. Please check your inbox, so that we can investigate this. -Lea

From India, Using OVH Now for 2 y> @Hetzner_OL said:

@FrankRuan said:
    Can't pass the verification and I don't see the 20 EUR PayPal verification...

I just messaged you. Please check your inbox, so that we can investigate this. -Lea

Cant pass verification after submitting multiple proof. Is there any way i can verify using credit card. (Ready to pay advance amount if required)

• wotetiwoteti Member
    edited March 2023

@Hetzner_OL
    Why Ryzen 7700 on latest offering instead of 7950X (or 7900 if X tdp is too much)? Interested in 7950x3d as well, although it would probably be niche demand.

• CesslorCesslor Member
    edited March 2023

The i5-13500 systems are odd. The CPU clocks at 3 GHz under maximum load, which makes it actually super slow compared to the performance it comes out of the box with. Support said it's expected and won't be changed. E cores sit at ~2.5 GHz and P cores at 3~ GHz. Guess we need to wait for 14th/15th gen to get a real
    performance upgrade on the intel lineup.

Also why is the +64gb ram upgrade cheaper for DDR5 systems? Shouldn't it be cheaper on the DDR4 ones?

• treesmokahtreesmokah Member
    edited March 2023

@Cesslor said: The i5-13500 systems are odd. The CPU clocks at 3 GHz under maximum load, which makes it actually super slow compared to the performance it comes out of the box with. Support said it's expected and won't be changed. E cores sit at ~2.5 GHz and P cores at 3~ GHz. Guess we need to wait for 14th/15th gen to get a real
    performance upgrade on the intel lineup.

Linux scheduler is fucky with it(as expected).
    What kernel version are you running?

Thanked by 2newlow450 ralf
  • Hi Hetzner Online Team,
    After enter my information, I can't pass the manual verification.
    Could you have a look at it @Hetzner_OL?
    I can prove my information is legitimate and willing to deposit by credit cards or paypal before using your service.
    I can provide any document to show it is my own payment method.

edited April 2023