Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

NEWS Cloud CAX
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

NEWS Cloud CAX

Hetzner_OLHetzner_OL Member, Top Host
edited April 2023 in News

RETHINK YOUR CLOUD. RELY ON OUR NEW ARM64 CAX SERVERS.

Creating a cloud server has never been so easy and cheap. Generate one today and try a new Hetzner Cloud server! It just takes ten seconds or less for us to set up your cloud, and you can get going!

Starting now, we also have four brand new Hetzner Cloud server plans which we’ve built around innovative Arm technology. You can get your hands on up to 16 vCPUs based on Ampere® Altra® processors. Ampere®’s extremely efficient and powerful Arm-based cloud native processors have been impressing users since their release. They also provide an exciting alternative to AMD and Intel® CPUs, which until now, were the two main options for Hetzner Cloud servers. The four new Arm64 Cloud instances give you more options and flexibility, and at an amazing price-to-performance ratio!

Our new “CAX”-line of cloud server plans come with up to 32 GB of ECC RAM and up to 320 GB of NVMe SSD-based storage. Thanks to their excellent performance, they’re ideal for web servers that receive lots of visitors, for servers used to run various apps, and for other demanding workloads. Think you might need to scale up later? That’s no problem! It’s easy to add more resources at any time to suit a growing use case, for example, by adding more SSD-based storage to your cloud server. All of our operating system images and 1-click apps support the extensive Arm ecosystem — you can use them just as you would with any other Hetzner Cloud servers. The architecture of the new CAX-line will allow you to natively build Arm64-based applications and cloud containers.

To administer your cloud server, you’ll have access to our intuitive and user-friendly Cloud Console, which includes many impressive and useful features, such as the Load Balancer feature, which allows you to direct your traffic to pre-configured infrastructure, and the Networks feature, with which you can build secure private networks. With our programmer-friendly REST-API and our CLI tool, you can automate processes and integrate tools from third parties. And, of course, we provide extensive documentation and programming examples to make getting started even easier.

The new server plans start at the unbeatable prices of just € 3.79 a month, which includes an IPv4 address, and there is no setup fee or minimum contract period. If your server only exists for part of the month, you will only pay for the hours when the server existed. This hourly billing option gives you even more flexibility and will help keep your costs low.

We have launched all four of the new cloud server models in our ISO 27001 certified data center park in Falkenstein, Germany, and will gradually add them to other locations.

Hetzner has a reputation for providing powerful products and services and has been trusted for years by web, app, and gaming developers; business clients; and individual users. So it’s not surprising that Hetzner Cloud has already won numerous prizes at the Service Provider Awards. Thousands of readers at various IT portals agree and chose Hetzner as the winner for these awards. Let us impress you with Hetzner Cloud’s performance!

Test our cloud now!

Price excl. VAT

Comments

• Wow the pricing on the higher-end servers is insane. Already supported by Laravel Forge for instant deployment of applications too. I think I need to set some time aside for testing/migrating our workloads from AMD servers to these. We can get more cores for the same if not less money!

• @lukehebb said:
    Wow the pricing on the higher-end servers is insane. Already supported by Laravel Forge for instant deployment of applications too. I think I need to set some time aside for testing/migrating our workloads from AMD servers to these. We can get more cores for the same if not less money!

Works fine with laravel?

• lukehebblukehebb Member
    edited April 2023

@EthanZou said:

@lukehebb said:
    Wow the pricing on the higher-end servers is insane. Already supported by Laravel Forge for instant deployment of applications too. I think I need to set some time aside for testing/migrating our workloads from AMD servers to these. We can get more cores for the same if not less money!

Works fine with laravel?

I haven't run an application on Hetzner's CAX servers just yet but at my job we deploy and manage Laravel applications (both dockerised and directly) on hundreds of Pis around the UK. PHP on ARM is well supported and very stable

Edit:

I also think the fact the Laravel team added support for these server types within Forge so quickly points to them thinking its stable enough

• @lukehebb said:

@EthanZou said:

@lukehebb said:

Works fine with laravel?

I haven't run an application on Hetzner's CAX servers just yet but at my job we deploy and manage Laravel applications (both dockerised and directly) on hundreds of Pis around the UK. PHP on ARM is well supported and very stable

Edit:

I also think the fact the Laravel team added support for these server types within Forge so quickly points to them thinking its stable enough

Cool! Same for mysql?

• @EthanZou said:

@lukehebb said:

@EthanZou said:

@lukehebb said:

Works fine with laravel?

Edit:

Cool! Same for mysql?

Yep! We run MariaDB both inside docker and natively on the Pis and it runs great :)

• AWITMAWITM Member

Should this be better to use with WordPress? I use Runcloud and OLS at this moment with a CX21 server.

• LeviLevi Member

Just name it SEX for the love of God!

Thanked by 1itsgoingdown
  • nick_nick_ Member

Nice! Would like to give it a shot to run a Node.js app.

• ericlsericls Member, Patron Provider

Oh my god! Finally! You know how long I’ve been waiting for this right?? Love you guys

• CAX31, Maxing out vCPUs with ffmpeg for few days. See whats gonna happen.

Thanked by 2ralf nick_

@Edward_S said:
    CAX31, Maxing out vCPUs with ffmpeg for few days. See whats gonna happen.

I’m pretty sure that’s not a dedicated cpu plan?

• @ericls said:

@Edward_S said:
    CAX31, Maxing out vCPUs with ffmpeg for few days. See whats gonna happen.

I’m pretty sure that’s not a dedicated cpu plan?

Shared vCPU. Just wanna test the stability and limitation. Not a production project. They can ban it anytime.

• nullroutenullroute Member, Host Rep
    edited April 2023

Making ARM processors available is a mistake, the amount of support generated by incompatibility issues in the application of customers by Arm processors is not worth it, several providers have discarded the use of Arm on VPS/Cloud servers because of this.

@nullroute said:
    Making ARM processors available is a mistake, the amount of support generated by incompatibility issues in the application of customers by Arm processors is not worth it, several providers have discarded the use of Arm on VPS/Cloud servers because of this.

ARM actually makes many production environments more similar to dev environments.

• ralfralf Member

@nullroute said:

OTOH this is exactly what I've been looking forward to for a while. My app backend is written in C++ and I've already tested it on the free Oracle arm instances and it works great, but this is much more affordable. I don't need to scale right now as I'm still not in production yet and I've already got an oversized i9-9900k that I want to keep whatever happens, but I'll definitely prefer to use arm to increase capacity over x64.

• @nullroute said:

The problem though is that if nobody provides it then nobody will fix applications that don't work on Arm - its a chicken and egg problem and is the reason that Windows sucks on Arm. Nobody makes Windows software for Arm because nobody uses Windows on Arm.

Apple fixed this with Rosetta and Microsoft have a translation layer too, but macOS applications are being ported very rapidly over to Arm to take advantage of M1/M2 chips (most if not all of my apps now support it, whereas it was less than half a year or so ago when I first got my MBA and Mac Studio)

For software that is properly compiled for arm64 it works very well, and is significantly cheaper. Lower power use is especially welcome given the ongoing energy crisis here in the UK/Europe and for future reduction of the colossal amount of energy the hosting/internet industry uses

• amarcamarc Veteran
    edited April 2023

I do not see what is potential 'big' problem with ARM ? Anything that's "apt-get'able" should work. Anything custom and exotic is exotic on any platform anyway.

In my use case:

• Ubuntu 22.04 ✅
    • ZFS ✅
    • LXD ✅
    • PHP,Nginx,MariaDB (inside containers) ✅

So when it comes to CAX41 vs CPX41 for same Euros I get more cores, more RAM and more disk

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • @amarc said:
    I do not see what is potential 'big' problem with ARM ? Anything that's "apt-get'able" should work. Anything custom and exotic is exotic on any platform anyway.

In my use case:

• Ubuntu 22.04 ✅
    • ZFS ✅
    • LXD ✅
    • PHP,Nginx,MariaDB (inside containers) ✅

So when it comes to CAX41 vs CPX41 for same Euros I get more cores, more RAM and more disk

I waa thinking about the same thing, but I'm still a bit worried about massive dependencies brought by scipy numpy and opencv.

• ralfralf Member

@noisycode said:
    I waa thinking about the same thing, but I'm still a bit worried about massive dependencies brought by scipy numpy and opencv.

I would imagine that x64 would be better for both numpy and opencv as both are predominantly doing floating point operations, and arm generally underperforms x64 on these. You'll need to benchmark it for yours use case to check the cost/performance for arm vs x64.

• Interesting. Noticed that the "Hetzner Mac Mini M1" is removed? http://www.hetzner.com/dedicated-rootserver/matrix-apple

I am going to move everything to the new arm64 instances and terminate everything else to cut costs.

• @AWITM said: Should this be better to use with WordPress? I use Runcloud and OLS at this moment with a CX21 server.

Runcloud doesn't work on ARM.