Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

NexusBytes falling apart? And a LiteServer short review - Page 6
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

NexusBytes falling apart? And a LiteServer short review

Comments

• aliletalilet Member

lol

Thanked by 1bdl
  • redcatredcat Member

I'm backing up my email just in case but since they are reselling mxroute I doubt it will go down.

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

Update, FWIW

NexusBytes still hasn't reacted, so they just were informed that either the VPS and its enduser panel fully and reliably work by sunday evening (their time) or the VPS will be cancelled and a pro-rata refund will be expected.

I still wish that this ends well and even that @seriesn recovers but I have a gut feeling that it will become ugly.

• emghemgh Member

@zed said: selfie buddy

:D

• @jsg said: I still wish that this ends well and even that @seriesn recovers but I have a gut feeling that it will become ugly.

You're verging on being a fool to be honest. Move on. You've all been scammed. It may hurt some egos but that's just the way it is.

Thanked by 1TimboJones
  • @hadawayandplay said:

@jsg said: I still wish that this ends well and even that @seriesn recovers but I have a gut feeling that it will become ugly.

You're verging on being a fool to be honest. Move on. You've all been scammed. It may hurt some egos but that's just the way it is.

@jsg I got this buddy.

Hey @hadawayandplay do you know who you're talking to? He's the resident benchmarker of LET. Dude's got diamond hands, literally, have you seen some of the walls of text he authors? For weeks, he held the line, alone, when the majority of the LET community was rallying against @cociu. Keep your unsolicited advice and move on good sir!

Thanked by 3zed adly TimboJones
  • tjntjn Member

Thanked by 2Xrmaddness equalz
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@jsg said: I still wish that this ends well and even that @seriesn recovers but I have a gut feeling that it will become ugly.

I have it on good authority that he is no longer involved with Nexus Bytes. I am not basing this on any privileged information, but I am basing it on a source I'd like to keep. Do with that what you will, but if my word holds any value just know that I'm treating this as fact.

• acidpukeacidpuke Member
    edited July 2022

I would say that makes complete sense since he has been AWOL.

If he can meet up with buddies he could have already made a post of whats up.

Unless somebody chimes in on an acquisition I would consider your data at risk and backup immediately

What is an assumption, that I am not treating as fact, and for which I have no more evidence than anyone else in this thread, is that Nexus Bytes LLC was acquired by @dustinc. The reason he hasn't announced it yet is that NB has a high volume of LET customers who have a negative opinion of him, and presently he has not gotten a handle on the operation enough so that anyone here would look at it and say anything other than "He's going to let it rot and let us rot with it."

Save the announcement for when you get support under control, if the announcement plus current support reality would create a more negative reputation than the current support reality minus the announcement.

This concludes my assumption/prediction.

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

You just f'd my mind up.

<3 you @jar.

Thanked by 2jar skorous
  • ArkasArkas Moderator

@dustinc said as much openly here, but so many people just didn't believe him or thought he was joking. Just saying...

• drizbodrizbo Member
    edited July 2022

Thanked by 1equalz
  • drizbodrizbo Member

So both nexus and racknerd are deadpooling now? :/

• cybertechcybertech Member
    edited July 2022

so @seriesn sold his family out?

bob oh bob....

• equalzequalz Member

this thread crae

• Rumor has it, he is taking step back for personal and mental health reason while keeping complete ownership and a trusted community member will be the one running the show along side him and his team. <3

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

Well whatever it is, I wish @seriesn all the best, and of course, good health.

I hope this trusted community member will be able to share more details or acknowledge his/her involvement with NB as the interim captain of the ship.

edited July 2022

@jar said:

I have it on good authority that he is no longer involved with Nexus Bytes. I am not basing this on any privileged information, but I am basing it on a source I'd like to keep. Do with that what you will, but if my word holds any value just know that I'm treating this as fact.

That quickly changed. He is in fact still around and @ChrisMiller has it right. Direct from the man himself, no other source needed.

• dustincdustinc Member, Patron Provider, Top Host

@jar said:
    What is an assumption, that I am not treating as fact, and for which I have no more evidence than anyone else in this thread, is that Nexus Bytes LLC was acquired by @dustinc. The reason he hasn't announced it yet is that NB has a high volume of LET customers who have a negative opinion of him, and presently he has not gotten a handle on the operation enough so that anyone here would look at it and say anything other than "He's going to let it rot and let us rot with it."

Save the announcement for when you get support under control, if the announcement plus current support reality would create a more negative reputation than the current support reality minus the announcement.

This concludes my assumption/prediction.

We have no interest in acquiring NexusBytes nor have ever communicated with Nahian regarding his brands.

I personally thought it would be something for the community to consider (that he may have already sold it) as I personally didn't think he'd neglect his brand, let alone his customers.

I noticed he was communicating with folks behind the scenes and doing meet-ups. So it is always a possibility he exited and signed some NDA or similar which may explain his non-existence towards the brand reputation and business.

From what I've seen is pure neglect - no advertising (anywhere), zero communication, or attempts. If I'm not mistaken even a complete stop on banner advertisements. Keep in mind he runs EntryBytes which equally seems neglected. Not to mention SmallWeb which is something he is running with Jord, which also seems like a dead brand.

It should be mentioned, that we are all equally assuming - and I'd like to wish him the best, whether he remains the owner or has already exited.

• HxxxHxxx Member

I assume that person is @ChrisMiller ? Since the heart icon, photo, etc.
    If so people in good hands then.

• HxxxHxxx Member
    edited July 2022

I thought @Francisco would be able to buy it (as in get in contact with) . He is the Ryzen man. The first and top Ryzen provider / guy in these parts.

Thanked by 1NobodyInteresting
  • dustincdustinc Member, Patron Provider, Top Host

@Hxxx said:
    I assume that person is @ChrisMiller ? Since the heart icon, photo, etc.
    If so people in good hands then.

If that is so, wouldn't be too bad. Chris has the experience and good intentions in my dealings with him.

Thanked by 1ChrisMiller
  • FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@Hxxx said:
    I thought @Francisco would be able to buy it (as in get in contact with) . He is the Ryzen man. The first and top Ryzen provider / guy in these parts.

Can’t force him to sell. I’m not Bill Gates.

Francisco

Thanked by 3Hxxx ChrisMiller taizi
  • HxxxHxxx Member

@Francisco said:

@Hxxx said:

Can’t force him to sell. I’m not Bill Gates.

Francisco

I know man. I'm a firm believer it was a perfect fit to expand BuyVM. Next one, soon (tm)

• HxxxHxxx Member
    edited July 2022

@ChrisMiller said:
    Rumor has it, he is taking step back for personal and mental health reason while keeping complete ownership and a trusted community member will be the one running the show along side him and his team. <3

Mental health is everything. If health == null then everything is fucked.

Always important to keep that in check. I'm sure we all wish him the best and a speedy recovery.

With the previous and current pandemic COVID thing we all had our crazy moments with the god damn alcohol (for the hands) and the masks. Along with all the news and negativity. Hard times.

Thanked by 1Arkas
  • zedzed Member

@ChrisMiller said:
    Rumor has it, he is taking step back for personal and mental health reason while keeping complete ownership and a trusted community member will be the one running the show along side him and his team. <3

Why doesn't he just say this? What's with all the weird in-hiding-but-dropping-hints-via-buddies-stay-tuned stuff? I started to say thanks for the update but .. it says rumor so .. :confused:

Well anyway, positive thoughts.

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker
    edited July 2022

First an "update": still no response whatsoever but the enduser panel (at least momentarily) seems to be working and via VNC it looks like they tried to boot up the system but it died (login screen, not responsive). SSH connection attempt still fails.

@ChrisMiller said:

I don't know the future but right now NexusBytes looks like a sh_t show, sorry and it evolved into that since quite some time.
    Frankly, considering to hand over, let's call it everyday NB management, to someone (presumably capable and willing) now looks like a father seeing his kid getting weaker and weaker and increasingly sick for months but calling a doctor only when the kid is all but dead.

@Hxxx said:
    Mental health is everything. If health == null then everything is fucked.

Always important to keep that in check. I'm sure we all wish him the best and a speedy recovery.

Full ACK.
    Although for 'speedy* it seems to be somewhat late. But still, while feeling treated very badly and having become a rather unsatisfied customer I still wish @seriesn a full recovery and a good life.

Thanked by 1ChrisMiller
  • LeviLevi Member

Yes, from that selfie I saw that he had some mental and physical health problem that he needs to cope.

Where is gone those simple reasons: "family care", "steam games", "school"? Here is downside of one man show...

• @ChrisMiller said:

however, a short statement from the official @seriesn account should also be possible under the circumstances you described.

Thanked by 2adly bulbasaur