Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

NexusBytes falling apart? And a LiteServer short review - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

NexusBytes falling apart? And a LiteServer short review

Comments

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@jsg said:
    Sorry but what I see there is neither the NexusBytes I knew (and trusted) nor the @seriesn I knew (and trusted).

According to the quote below, the family has been acquired by RackNerd LLC.
    The service quality is reduced accordingly, but you will receive double bandwidth if you post the order number.

@dustinc said:

@rogerwilco said:
    How does the family predict this storyline plays out?

1. Buyout
    2. Slow demise leading to deadpool
    3. Miraculous return to former glory

What if it was already bought out?

Thanked by 1WSWD
  • dustincdustinc Member, Patron Provider, Top Host

@yoursunny said:

@jsg said:
    Sorry but what I see there is neither the NexusBytes I knew (and trusted) nor the @seriesn I knew (and trusted).

The service quality is reduced accordingly, but you will receive double bandwidth if you post the order number.

@dustinc said:

@rogerwilco said:

1. Buyout

A family that has upsets usually must solve it, otherwise members of the family disconnect.

As a community, and for the best interest of the family, we should hope it is resolved.

Thanked by 2Liso Not_Oles
  • You know at first it was "funny" with all the racknerd bs and all the alpharacks crap. Now it's just getting old and tired out already.

Thanked by 1hadawayandplay
  • cybertechcybertech Member
    edited July 2022

guys this is normal in a family. some times you have long periods of cold war and ignore each other for years because of some petty conflict.

even in the same family you can easily get betrayed for money.

dont be like bob. bob's a simp.

• @yoursunny said:
    Bros before family

I just noticed seriesn is wearing a Nexus Bytes T-shirt :D

Thanked by 3yoursunny lentro pepa65
  • jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

UPDATE

I got a response again, after some hours but hey it's weekend. And it was even the same support person (before it was a different one each time).

His message was that they ask me for some patience because this time they want to find and apply a permanent fix.

So be it, I'll give them some more time and show some more patience, albeit quite limited. Let's see how the situation evolves; after all going from sheer ignorance and blaming the customer to (seemingly or really) seriously trying to fix it seems to indicate a change for the positive.

Thanked by 1Logano
  • VoidVoid Member

@yoursunny said:

@jsg said:

@dustinc said:

@rogerwilco said:

1. Buyout

If Racknerd acquired it, tickets would’ve been answered instantly without the need of selfies. And with double bandwidth too.

Thanked by 2Liso dustinc
  • Plot twist- boom is the new owner

Thanked by 2zed yoursunny
  • _MS__MS_ Member

Nexus Bytes, LLC. RackNerd LLC - Affordable boutique servers. Priceless bespoke experience.
    Dedicated Servers, Private Cloud, DRaaS, Colocation, VPS, DDoS Mitigation, Shared & Reseller Hosting

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • LeviLevi Member
    edited July 2022

MS said:
    Nexus Bytes, LLC. RackNerd LLC - Affordable boutique servers. Priceless bespoke experience.
    Dedicated Servers, Private Cloud, DRaaS, Colocation, VPS, DDoS Mitigation, Shared & Reseller Hosting

DRaaS? Donkey Raming as a Service?

• I'll give you $3 and have a selfie with you @seriesn

• VoidVoid Member

@dahartigan said:
    Plot twist- boom is the new owner

Then all issues would be due to either virtualizer bugs or abusive customers

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • redcatredcat Member

I’m only using them for the cheap email which is just mxroute. Anyone else reselling mxroute? I only need 2gb of space.

• nvmenvme Member

@redcat said:
    I’m only using them for the cheap email which is just mxroute. Anyone else reselling mxroute? I only need 2gb of space.

There was this deal by @Abd on 4th July thread for Mxroute - https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/3448131/#Comment_3448131

Thanked by 1redcat
  • drizbodrizbo Member
    edited July 2022

@jsg funny how you were saying everything is fine and well with nexus when others reported their issues, but now when you have an issue yourself its "Falling apart".

But yes, it is weird because I'm sure he knows of all these threads and questions about Nexus and he doesnt even come to say hi after using LET as probably his biggest selling platform. Who even knew of nexusbytes outside of this and LES forum. So if he had any real intentions with his company he would come and say that they are alive instead of leaving these threads to continue with guesses.

So thats my only concern, as my vm with them has literally 100% uptime since migration in january and I never need tickets anyway. But its a big concern because it kind of shows he doesnt care anymore about his company and you can't expect it to last long in that case.

• After flawless experience for over an year - I had to finally migrate my servers away from NB. Very sad that it has come to that, but it is what it is, and in the end of the day - my own sanity is more important.

Now running a few hetzner US VMs and storage, and to my surprise - it ended up being cheaper than what I had with NB, while being somehow significantly faster.

For someone who has been running various businesses for years - @seriesn sure lacks any sort of business thinking.

I wish him the best, but he lost a very loyal customer. And once trust is lost - there is no coming back from that.

Oh well, at least I am finally on the hetzner train :-)

Thanked by 3dahartigan Marx pepa65
  • equalzequalz Member

@NobodyInteresting said:
    After flawless experience for over an year - I had to finally migrate my servers away from NB. Very sad that it has come to that, but it is what it is, and in the end of the day - my own sanity is more important.

Now running a few hetzner US VMs and storage, and to my surprise - it ended up being cheaper than what I had with NB, while being somehow significantly faster.

For someone who has been running various businesses for years - @seriesn sure lacks any sort of business thinking.

I wish him the best, but he lost a very loyal customer. And once trust is lost - there is no coming back from that.

interesting, which plans on hetzner are better than NB?

• edited July 2022

@equalz said:

@NobodyInteresting said:
    After flawless experience for over an year - I had to finally migrate my servers away from NB. Very sad that it has come to that, but it is what it is, and in the end of the day - my own sanity is more important.

interesting, which plans on hetzner are better than NB?

The US AMD 4 cores. Comes with same ram and more storage, and I even saved $3/m, compared to the custom plan that I had.
    Granted, they are not Ryzen, but they are also not oversold, so.. win for me :-)

And as an added bonus - as of today - I can no longer connect to my backup storage VM with NB. 🙄

Very lucky to have migrated yesterday.

• emghemgh Member

@equalz said:

@NobodyInteresting said:

which plans on hetzner are better than NB?

CX11
    CPX11
    CX21
    CPX21
    CX31
    CPX31
    CX41
    CPX41
    CX51
    CPX51
    CCX11
    CCX12
    CCX21
    CCX22
    CCX31
    CCX32
    CCX41
    CCX42
    CCX51
    CCX52
    CCX62

edited July 2022

@drizbo said:
    @jsg funny how you were saying everything is fine and well with nexus when others reported their issues, but now when you have an issue yourself its "Falling apart".

No, this is not a case of "my worries are important, yours are not".
    It rather is a case of serious, deep rooted problem vs everyday problems. What I experienced and described indicates that there are serious hardware problems and that, my guess, their engineer has left the ship, and that (the by no means limited to NexusBytes) the usual "have some cheap call/support-center in Bangladesh handle support" can't handle the situation.

Plus former times NexusBytes meant i.a. that when one reported a problem it would be solved asap, period. I was under the impression that it was a question of honour for @seriesn. Support blaming customer and playing rounds of pointless games? Not even imaginable back when seriesn was present.

@NobodyInteresting said:
    ... - as of today - I can no longer connect to my backup storage VM with NB. 🙄

Yes, the trouble indeed seems to be mainly the storage node(s).

• emghemgh Member

@jsg said: I was under the impression that it was a question of honour for @seriesn

As in, he fooled you?

• @jsg said:>

@NobodyInteresting said:

In my opinion - the trouble is with @seriesn
    The storage nodes (and probably others soon too) are just a symptom of his carelessness.

Thanked by 2dahartigan Marx

@emgh said:

@jsg said: I was under the impression that it was a question of honour for @seriesn

As in, he fooled you?

possibly

@NobodyInteresting said:

@jsg said:>

@NobodyInteresting said:

In my opinion - the trouble is with @seriesn
    The storage nodes (and probably others soon too) are just a symptom of his carelessness.

I'm afraid I have to agree. But what I meant there was that there seem to be dimensionally less problems with the normal (non-storage) nodes.

Thanked by 1NobodyInteresting
  • Hopefully if we bust @seriesn balls he will come good again.

• LeviLevi Member

@dahartigan said:
    Hopefully if we bust @seriesn balls he will come good again.

If he come here and cry for mercy you will trust him again?

• @dahartigan said:

he's just a very good salesman.

• dahartigandahartigan Member
    edited July 2022

@LTniger said:

@dahartigan said:

If he come here and cry for mercy you will trust him again?

If I take a drink of sour milk, I'm not the type of cat who comes back for a second taste.

• im not sure anyone wants him to come good

again

• zedzed Member

did anyone already ask if the company had been sold? what about his selfie buddy, does he know anything about the situation?

hopefully it turns around.

• From sending me a free pizza to deadpooling. RIP.