Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

NexusBytes falling apart? And a LiteServer short review - Page 7
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

NexusBytes falling apart? And a LiteServer short review

Comments

• @Hxxx said:

@Francisco said:

@Hxxx said:
    I thought @Francisco would be able to buy it (as in get in contact with) . He is the Ryzen man. The first and top Ryzen provider / guy in these parts.

Can’t force him to sell. I’m not Bill Gates.

Francisco

I know man. I'm a firm believer it was a perfect fit to expand BuyVM. Next one, soon (tm)

BuyNexus
    BytesVM

Thanked by 1Hxxx
  • hyperblasthyperblast Member
    edited July 2022

what irritates me is that even the business customers ( @MannDude (who else?)) are so quiet...

• HxxxHxxx Member
    edited July 2022

@hyperblast said:

@Hxxx said:

@Francisco said:

@Hxxx said:
    I thought @Francisco would be able to buy it (as in get in contact with) . He is the Ryzen man. The first and top Ryzen provider / guy in these parts.

Can’t force him to sell. I’m not Bill Gates.

Francisco

I know man. I'm a firm believer it was a perfect fit to expand BuyVM. Next one, soon (tm)

BuyNexus
    BytesVM

PonyBytes
    PonyBytes

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

PonySolutions.ro

Thanked by 2Hxxx Frameworks
  • HxxxHxxx Member
    edited July 2022

It has to be PonyBytes @DP :D :D , sadly somebody registered that domain.

• JordJord Moderator, Host Rep

That would be me, I’m taking over to help @seriesn out with the running of NexusBytes, he needs to take a step back and look after himself, so I’ll be helping getting everything back into shape and how it used to be, nothing has been sold or is being sold.

Any issues please feel free to DM me, I will make sure they are taken care of, I look forward to working with all the family members. :heart:

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

Chief Panda to the rescue <3

Cheers @Jord and hope all goes well!

Thanked by 2Jord bdl
  • jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker
    edited July 2022

@hyperblast said:
    however, a short statement from the official @seriesn account should also be possible under the circumstances you described.

Now, to be fair, @seriesn did make a statement here quite some time into the "NB is sick" zone ... but unfortunately that seems to not have been followed by any noticeable positive changes. So, not offering any more statements any more might actually not be the worst of options. Such statements are valuable if offered within a reasonable time frame (read: not half a year after a provider seems to be all but dead) and if followed by positive changes (like e.g. support response not any more between "weeks and never" but rather between "hours or, worst case, days").
    At the latest months after seriesn's last statement any further statements would hardly have had a positive effect and possibly even have a negative effect (like "yeah sure, and 'soon' (TM) your VPS will fly to Mars too").

@Jord said:
    That would be me, I’m taking over to help @seriesn out with the running of NexusBytes, he needs to take a step back and look after himself, so I’ll be helping getting everything back into shape and how it used to be, nothing has been sold or is being sold.

Thanks, I appreciate both your clear statement and your helping seriesn. Thank you!

Any issues please feel free to DM me, I will make sure they are taken care of, I look forward to working with all the family members. :heart:

Uhum ... how about not letting tickets rot for days (or even weeks)? Or how about, sorry for the "providers 101" lecturing, at the very least reacting to tickets and updating customers from time to time?
    Concrete example: waiting (again) since about a week (see OP) for a paid in advance but dead VPS and at least getting some kind of a one liner like "x and y are done, working on z now, current ETA 2 more days" - vs- nothing, no reaction, no response, just nothing make a big difference.

@jsg said:

@hyperblast said:
    however, a short statement from the official @seriesn account should also be possible under the circumstances you described.

Now, to be fair, @seriesn did make a statement here quite some time into the "NB is sick" zone ... but unfortunately that seems to not have been followed by any noticeable positive changes. So, not offering any more statements any more might actually not be the worst of options. Such statements are valuable if offered within a reasonable time frame (read: not half a year after a provider seems to be all but dead) and if followed by positive changes (like e.g. support response not any more between "weeks and never" but ratherbetween "hours or, worst case, days").
    At the latest months after seriesn's last statement any further statements would hardly have had a positive effect and possibly even have a negative effect (like "yeah sure, and 'soon' (TM) your VPS will fly to Mars too").

@Jord said:

Thanks, I appreciate both your clear statement and your helping seriesn. Thank you!

Uhum ... how about not letting tickets rot for days (or even weeks)? Or how about, sorry for the "providers 101" lecturing, at the very least reacting to tickets and updating customers from time to time?
    Concrete example: waiting (again) since about a week (see OP) for a paid in advance but dead VPS and at least getting some kind of a one liner like "x and y are done, working on z now, current ETA 2 more days" - vs- nothing, no reaction, no response, just nothing make a big difference.

I’m sorry to hear you’re having some issues here, let me take a look into this and get this sorted for you, this shouldn’t have happened in the first place so I do apologise for that, I’ll speak with the team/Jay and get this sorted for you.

Jay will be updating everyone, he should be doing that next week.

I’ll keep you updated ❤️

Thanked by 2Acacy jsg
  • edited July 2022

@Jord said: That would be me, I’m taking over to help @seriesn out with the running of NexusBytes, he needs to take a step back and look after himself, so I’ll be helping getting everything back into shape and how it used to be, nothing has been sold or is being sold.

Honestly, if you or anyone else falls for this you lot deserve everything you get when it goes tits up again.
    It seems all that needs to be done to get people on side is say the family buzzword and throw in a few love hearts, and then everything's magically OK.
    No wonder scammers are rife when there are so many gullible fools to take advantage of.
    This is clearly no longer a business but instead a side project that the owner feels he now needs to at least appear to resurrect to salvage what's left of his reputation. At least then he can say he tried, but that does absolutely nothing to compensate for the shit-show that has gone before. Like I say though, people around here seem to "buy" it.

• Time for some refugee offers

I’m not making any excuses for anyone, including Jay, this could have been handled better. I’ve known Jay for years. He’s always been upfront. Unfortunately health comes first, he asked if I could help him out while he gets better, I’m here for the customers, I hate seeing people having issues, there is no deadpooling here, all bills are paid for, I’m just here to help to make sure everyone has a fantastic service, scam free.

Jay will be making an announcement next week, so I’m sure he will go into better detail,

Trust has been broken, now it’s time for me to rebuild that, no one deserves a shitty service, that’s not us and it won’t be us, I’ll do everything I can to make things right.

• adlyadly Veteran

@Jord said:
    I’m not making any excuses for anyone, including Jay, this could have been handled better. I’ve known Jay for years. He’s always been upfront. Unfortunately health comes first, he asked if I could help him out while he gets better, I’m here for the customers, I hate seeing people having issues, there is no deadpooling here, all bills are paid for, I’m just here to help to make sure everyone has a fantastic service, scam free.

Jay will be making an announcement next week, so I’m sure he will go into better detail,

Trust has been broken, now it’s time for me to rebuild that, no one deserves a shitty service, that’s not us and it won’t be us, I’ll do everything I can to make things right.

When were you asked to step in and take over? i.e. was it some time ago and the service to date is the new standard, or more recently and you’re here to improve things?

• @Jord said: he asked if I could help him out while he gets better

I second @adly , when was this requested.

@Jord said: Jay will be making an announcement next week, so I’m sure he will go into better detail,

Oh great, we'll keep an eye out for the emotionally incontinent drivel that we'll affectionately call an "announcement" if the last announcement is anything to go by.

From what you describe it sounds like his across the detail of what is being said on here, he's merely choosing not to login and be a responsible and accountable adult.
    We all accept people can fall on hard times, but there comes a point where it's just an exuse for shoddy business ethics at best.

Thanked by 1adly

@adly said:

@Jord said:

When were you asked to step in and take over? i.e. was it some time ago and the service to date is the new standard, or more recently and you’re here to improve things?

I was asked a couple of days ago, so going forward the service/business will be improved.

Thanked by 2adly Not_Oles

@hadawayandplay said:

@Jord said: he asked if I could help him out while he gets better

I second @adly , when was this requested.

@Jord said: Jay will be making an announcement next week, so I’m sure he will go into better detail,

Oh great, we'll keep an eye out for the emotionally incontinent drivel that we'll affectionately call an "announcement" if the last announcement is anything to go by.

From what you describe it sounds like his across the detail of what is being said on here, he's merely choosing not to login and be a responsible and accountable adult.
    We all accept people can fall on hard times, but there comes a point where it's just an exuse for shoddy business ethics at best.

I completely agree, more information should have been given, and this should have been handled better, I've sent this across to him so he can let everyone know what is going on,

I'm here to help improve the business and get it back on track, everyone has their off days, so now I'm here to focus on getting things back to normal and improve the service as much as I can.

• @Jord said: everyone has their off days

Substitute "days" with "months"...

@hadawayandplay said:

@Jord said: everyone has their off days

Substitute "days" with "months"...

Figure of speech, at the end of the day no one really knows what he was going through but him, I’m not apologising for how things where handled, I will
    apologise and be upfront if I fuck things up moving forward, I can’t be fairer than that.

• LeviLevi Member

One man show -> still one man show? What's your plan? No one likes to have their data pushed around like hot potatto.

Thanked by 1hadawayandplay
  • adlyadly Veteran

Whatever has happened to date, I wish @Jord all the best. That said, trust has been completely destroyed at this point and while someone has now been asked to take over, realistically it’s too little far too late.

I note that @seriesn seems to be maintaining ownership, perhaps planning a miraculous come back at some point, which in my opinion is wishful thinking given how things have been handled.

• ralfralf Member

Guys, how about you pause the judging and at least give @Jord a chance to sort this out? No doubt there'll be a huge backlog from the last couple of months, but it sounds like he intends to give it a good shot at putting things right.

It sounds like @seriesn was actually genuinely long term ill, and whilst it sounds like he didn't care at all what happened at that time, it's perhaps understandable when seriously ill.

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

What a shitfuckery! Stop judging @Jord before or when he's just beginning to sort things out. Give the guy at least a fair chance!

At the end of the day all NexusBytes customers win if Jord manages to clean the mess up and to get NexusBytes into shape again.

I'm not interested in hunting anyone down or in condemning anyone (not even @seriesn who, unlike Jord, actually f_cked up things), I'm interested in making the NB customers (incl. myself) happy again as far as that still is possible.

So again: Give the guy at least a fair chance!

• ralfralf Member

@adly said:
    I note that @seriesn seems to be maintaining ownership, perhaps planning a miraculous come back at some point, which in my opinion is wishful thinking given how things have been handled.

Or it could mark the official transition into transforming into a proper hands-off business and hiring the appropriate people to get things done. If it's a viable business in the first place, it should be possible to hire staff at market rate for the work and make a profit for the owner.

• Any criticism isn't aimed at @Jord - I think he's naive in taking on this poison chalice and potentially staking his own reputation on a lost cause. I too wish him good luck, but I do not accept that this gets @seriesn off the hook and I don't think people should turn a blind eye on what has been on-going for quite some time now. It's a classic distraction technique to take the pressure off for the short-term, but this demonstrably is a long-term issue and the trust the "fam" once had in NB is long, LONG gone.*

*except for a few gullible, naive fools. Look up, “If you believe that, I have a bridge in Brooklyn to sell to you”

• ArkasArkas Moderator

@hadawayandplay said: *except for a few gullible, naive fools

This is the second time you refer to clients who have a different opinion than yours as fools. Enough with the insults.

• edited July 2022

@Arkas said:

@hadawayandplay said: *except for a few gullible, naive fools

This is the second time you refer to clients who have a different opinion than yours as fools. Enough with the insults.

A fool is someone who is easily deceived or tricked. I think it's a perfect word for this whole debacle and for those who continue to hope for the best. Perhaps it only feels like an insult as it's hitting a raw nerve.

Thanked by 2Marx fluffernutter

@LTniger said:
    One man show -> still one man show? What's your plan? No one likes to have their data pushed around like hot potatto.

There is a team, 8 support techs and me, I plan firstly to go through everything and put everything right. Before any sales pitches, we have to make sure current customers are happy and have everything they need, plus service is up to standards. Then we will go from there!

@adly said:
    Whatever has happened to date, I wish @Jord all the best. That said, trust has been completely destroyed at this point and while someone has now been asked to take over, realistically it’s too little far too late.

Thank you, I’m here to help, as much as @seriesn needs. I can’t apologise for him and I won’t, he will be releasing something soon.

@ralf said:
    Guys, how about you pause the judging and at least give @Jord a chance to sort this out? No doubt there'll be a huge backlog from the last couple of months, but it sounds like he intends to give it a good shot at putting things right.

It sounds like @seriesn was actually genuinely long term ill, and whilst it sounds like he didn't care at all what happened at that time, it's perhaps understandable when seriously ill.

Thank you, I certainly will try my best to make sure everyone is happy.

@jsg said:
    What a shitfuckery! Stop judging @Jord before or when he's just beginning to sort things out. Give the guy at least a fair chance!

At the end of the day all NexusBytes customers win if Jord manages to clean the mess up and to get NexusBytes into shape again.

I'm not interested in hunting anyone down or in condemning anyone (not even @seriesn who, unlike Jord, actually f_cked up things), I'm interested in making the NB customers (incl. myself) happy again as far as that still is possible.

So again: Give the guy at least a fair chance!

Thank you!

@ralf said:

@adly said:

Or it could mark the official transition into transforming into a proper hands-off business and hiring the appropriate people to get things done. If it's a viable business in the first place, it should be possible to hire staff at market rate for the work and make a profit for the owner.

Nothing is changing hands, it all belongs to Jay and will stay that way, I’ve just been bought on to help out with everything and get it back on track.