Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

NexusBytes falling apart? And a LiteServer short review - Page 9
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

NexusBytes falling apart? And a LiteServer short review

Comments

• vyas11vyas11 Member

@Arkas said:

@adly said: Maybe it's one support technician with 8 identities? :D

Hmm. an 8 personality customer service technician? it must get interesting when he has to refer a ticket to the higher up personality :smiley:

Thanked by 2Arkas Shazan
  • JordJord Moderator, Host Rep

Hey @jsg

Spoken with the team, and it looks like we had an internal network issue which dropped your volume, this has now been fixed and your volume is now reattached, could you please login and see if all your data is back and working as it should be?

I've also added $50 to your account, as this should have never happened, our support techs should have picked this up and got this fixed, I do apologise for the issues here, and I apologise for the inconvenience caused.

Please do let me know if you can't log in or if your volume isn't there.

Thanks

• @Jord said:
    Hey @jsg

Spoken with the team, and it looks like we had an internal network issue which dropped your volume, this has now been fixed and your volume is now reattached, could you please login and see if all your data is back and working as it should be?

I've also added $50 to your account, as this should have never happened, our support techs should have picked this up and got this fixed, I do apologise for the issues here, and I apologise for the inconvenience caused.

Thanks

My storage VM has been inaccessible for many weeks now, I'd take some credit as well 😆

@NobodyInteresting said:

@Jord said:
    Hey @jsg

Thanks

My storage VM has been inaccessible for many weeks now, I'd take some credit as well 😆

Is it still live within your account? I can certainly take a look into this for you.

Thanked by 1NobodyInteresting
  • yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

My free shared hosting account is still working.
    What a surprise!
    https://treefiddy.yoursunny.cn/
    (although I'll cancel this domain this year)

• @Jord said:

@NobodyInteresting said:

@Jord said:
    Hey @jsg

Thanks

Is it still live within your account? I can certainly take a look into this for you.

It is, yes. I'll ping you on discord later today.

Thanks!

@NobodyInteresting said:

@Jord said:

@NobodyInteresting said:

@Jord said:
    Hey @jsg

Thanks

It is, yes. I'll ping you on discord later today.

Thanks!

Sure, send me the deets and I'll take care of it.

Thanked by 1NobodyInteresting
  • adlyadly Veteran

Honestly, looking at it, @Jord is taking a huge reputation risk for little benefit. I hope they’re being well compensated for the risk and work.

@adly said:
    Honestly, looking at it, @Jord is taking a huge reputation risk for little benefit. I hope they’re being well compensated for the risk and work.

At the end of the day, I’ve known Jay for many years, he’s helped me in the past, so I couldn’t say no. Everything is in place, bills are paid, the lights aren’t going off, I’ve got to get the ship back on course and get everything working as it once was, if I can do that I’m happy, if I can get it working better for everyone I’ll be even happier. I’m doing this for the clients. They deserve better and I will build that trust again, I know it will take sometime, but that’s fine, Rome wasn’t built in a day.

Time to refocus, crack the whip and away we go.

Thanked by 2adly equalz
  • @Jord said:

@adly said:

At the end of the day, I’ve known Jay for many years, he’s helped me in the past, so I couldn’t say no. Everything is in place, bills are paid, the lights aren’t going off, I’ve got to get the ship back on course and get everything working as it once was, if I can do that I’m happy, if I can get it working better for everyone I’ll be even happier. I’m doing this for the clients. They deserve better and I will build that trust again, I know it will take sometime, but that’s fine, Rome wasn’t built in a day.

what happens when this arrangement ceases?

Thanked by 2hadawayandplay iKeyZ
  • @Jord said:
    I’ve got to get the ship back on course and get everything working as it once was, if I can do that I’m happy, if I can get it working better for everyone I’ll be even happier. I’m doing this for the clients. They deserve better and I will build that trust again, I know it will take sometime, but that’s fine, Rome wasn’t built in a day.

It sounds a bit like a Samaritan but at lease you don't lack spirit and enthusiasm to start working on this giant queue.

@cybertech said:

@Jord said:

@adly said:

I’m here for the long run, and until Jay is back on his feet, I will always be here to help.

Thanked by 1cybertech

@webcraft said:

@Jord said:
    I’ve got to get the ship back on course and get everything working as it once was, if I can do that I’m happy, if I can get it working better for everyone I’ll be even happier. I’m doing this for the clients. They deserve better and I will build that trust again, I know it will take sometime, but that’s fine, Rome wasn’t built in a day.

It sounds a bit like a Samaritan but at lease you don't lack spirit and enthusiasm to start working on this giant queue.

Once I’ve got my teeth into something, I don’t like to let go, so I will always give it my all!

Thanked by 1bikegremlin
  • adlyadly Veteran

@Jord said:

@cybertech said:

@Jord said:

@adly said:

I’m here for the long run, and until Jay is back on his feet, I will always be here to help.

To be honest Jay’s rep is burned with the community. Perhaps some people will buy whatever sob story is posted next week, but in reality no dedicated business person would let things go the way they have without comment.

You might turn the ship around, and if so you should reap the long term benefits. The idea of Jay returning (likely on the back of your work) doesn’t seem all that appealing, imo.

• FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire

He is a good guy, at least for a while, but I am tired of all the bs and PR stunts by NexusBytes. 8 staff and no one can reply to a ticket? (Not mine) I don't buy this story.

You are running a business, whatever happened to you, a short update is what we request for, we shouldn't need to ask in a forum, look at some selfies or get an update from other staff members.

Even a short "I will give an update once everything is clear" is more than enough, to show that you care.

• So sad! I was ready to order some services from this provider! It sucks that they are going thru this situation.

• Shit must be going down if its managed to piss off FAT32! My money is on you be hearing from a new owner of nexusbytes soon.

@aiden1 signature:
    The start is morn ⇒ The end is nigh
    The end is nigh ⇔ The WHMCS is not licenced

my.nexusbytes.com
    This domain is not authorized to be using WHMCS.

@Jord said:
    Everything is in place, bills are paid, the lights aren’t going off

Is it time to migrate to BillingServ?

@yoursunny said:

@aiden1 signature:
    The start is morn ⇒ The end is nigh
    The end is nigh ⇔ The WHMCS is not licenced

my.nexusbytes.com
    This domain is not authorized to be using WHMCS.

@Jord said:
    Everything is in place, bills are paid, the lights aren’t going off

Is it time to migrate to BillingServ?

It’s an owned license, unless WHMCS has stopped saying they don’t exist anymore. In their license database checker, but thanks for telling me, I’ll get it sorted.

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

@Jord said:
    It’s an owned license, unless WHMCS has stopped saying they don’t exist anymore.

I checked, I have an owned license, and the license check on their website also says it's invalid. WHMCS is definitely listing owned licenses as invalid.

404 drama not found

• WSWDWSWD Member, Host Rep

Interesting. My owned license from 2010 shows that it's valid.

• WSWDWSWD Member, Host Rep

Actually my.nexusbytes.com is showing valid now too. Must have been a glitch on the WHMCS side.

• Are they not axing the remaining whmcs owned licenses?

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

My storage VPS seems to have been fully restored and seems to finally work properly again. I've successfully transferred about 300 GB to it in one go - finally this time without the VPS suddenly dying - and me being me I of course also right away ran some rounds of benchmarking (and yes, the results remind me of NexusBytes a year or so ago. They are quite nice).

It not only seems that NexusBytes has reached or at the very least is approaching normal operation again, no doubt thanks to @Jord holding the steering wheel (and, so I guess, whipping the support guys into actually working) and involving himself at the front too, but even better, my storage VPS has been moved to another, and way faster, node too! Yay!

@Jord said:
    Hey @jsg

Thanks

Please forgive my delayed response but hey, it's weekend ...

Thanks to you I have a smile on my face wrt NexusBytes again, frankly, the first time since quite a few months ...

Of course I'm still not yet at a point where I really trust NexusBytes again, but thanks to your no blabla but actually and practically changing things to see us customers content and without acute worries attitude I'm not any more actively mistrusting NexusBytes.

In fact I even began to again enjoy using my NexusBytes storage VPS.

Finally I want to clearly and publicly state that I never asked for any kind of compensation. I of course recognize your $50 credit as a friendly good will gesture, but I never asked for it. All I asked for was to give me my reliably working VPS again, and that you did, thank you indeed.
    If I had another wish it would be this: Please make sure that your support people understand that a job means "working" and that support does not mean "ignoring customers" or "let customers wait for days"!

Thank you, @Jord!

Thanked by 4adly Jord ralf pepa65

@jsg said:
    My storage VPS seems to have been fully restored and seems to finally work properly again. I've successfully transferred about 300 GB to it in one go - finally this time without the VPS suddenly dying - and me being me I of course also right away ran some rounds of benchmarking (and yes, the results remind me of NexusBytes a year or so ago. They are quite nice).

It not only seems that NexusBytes has reached or at the very least is approaching normal operation again, no doubt thanks to @Jord holding the steering wheel (and, so I guess, whipping the support guys into actually working) and involving himself at the front too, but even better, my storage VPS has been moved to another, and way faster, node too! Yay!

@Jord said:
    Hey @jsg

Thanks

Please forgive my delayed response but hey, it's weekend ...

Thanks to you I have a smile on my face wrt NexusBytes again, frankly, the first time since quite a few months ...

Of course I'm still not yet at a point where I really trust NexusBytes again, but thanks to your no blabla but actually and practically changing things to see us customers content and without acute worries attitude I'm not any more actively mistrusting NexusBytes.

In fact I even began to again enjoy using my NexusBytes storage VPS.

Finally I want to clearly and publicly state that I never asked for any kind of compensation. I of course recognize your $50 credit as a friendly good will gesture, but I never asked for it. All I asked for was to give me my reliably working VPS again, and that you did, thank you indeed.
    If I had another wish it would be this: Please make sure that your support people understand that a job means "working" and that support does not mean "ignoring customers" or "let customers wait for days"!

Thank you, @Jord!

Thanks @jsg I'm glad everything is working for you now, we do apologise for the issues here, lots of things are changing here and I'll make sure everyone is on the same page, but I'm glad everything is working for you.

Please do let me know if you need anything else,

• Kiwi83Kiwi83 Member

It's good to hear 1/1 of jsg's storage VPS has come back online.

• muddymuddy Member

I'm glad to hear there is someone at the wheel again at the moment. That will keep me from having to do a bunch of emergency migrations. However, as it stands, I'm planning to migrate clients off NB to other providers as their renewals approach. I've experienced enough downtimes that never seem to be reflected on the status/heartbeat page and that seem to require an inquiry to bring them back online. Most recently in early July, a node that hosts about 5 of my client VPSes was down for about 2 hours. No communication from NB about the outage until I opened a ticket. Eventually it was resolved and blamed on an upstream network issue. I know downtime is expected from time to time, but 2 hour downtimes with no communication a couple of times a year does not sit well with me or my clients. I know my account is small potatoes (about a dozen VPSes with NB), but the only thing I have that can affect change is my $$. I hope Jay can get his business back in shape again.

Thanked by 1pepa65
  • jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker
    edited July 2022

@Kiwi83 said:
    It's good to hear 1/1 of jsg's storage VPS has come back online.

Thank you for allowing that I, in my own thread, also report @Jord's/NexusBytes progress or success.

Do you have any tangible sound reason to assume that I'll be the only customer Jord takes care of? If so, let us know.
    In fact I assume that my storage VPS was not even the first one taken care of because the problems it experienced made NexusBytes migrating it to another node. I'm quite confident that there were other VPS whose problems could be solved easier and faster once some elements in NexusBytes' support team got a reminder what their job is and that they'd better get back to actually doing it.

But even if my VPS was the first one to be brought back to a usable state, so what? What would you do in a providers shoes? Wouldn't it seem to be a good choice to first take care of the customer who formerly was widely known to be a fan of your company but now had created a lot of negative attention to your company?

Jord is someone I can respect and he earned that respect by acting professionally and competently. @seriesn is someone whom I at least can understand to some degree and whom I wish well. You however are always gratuitously spreading negative "criticism", sarcasm, and bad vibes and make noise but actually contribute ... nothing of value to our community.

No matter your bitching and despicable attitude, I will continue to strive for objectivity and fairness, I will continue to call out serious problems but I also will continue to recognize when people act constructively and solve problem like Jord just did.