Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

NexusBytes falling apart? And a LiteServer short review - Page 8
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

NexusBytes falling apart? And a LiteServer short review

Comments

• JordJord Moderator, Host Rep

@hadawayandplay said:
    Any criticism isn't aimed at @Jord - I think he's naive in taking on this poison chalice and potentially staking his own reputation on a lost cause. I too wish him good luck, but I do not accept that this gets @seriesn off the hook and I don't think people should turn a blind eye on what has been on-going for quite some time now. It's a classic distraction technique to take the pressure off for the short-term, but this demonstrably is a long-term issue and the trust the "fam" once had in NB is long, LONG gone.*

*except for a few gullible, naive fools. Look up, “If you believe that, I have a bridge in Brooklyn to sell to you”

Thank you. I need to make sure everything is correct first, then go from there.

• angstromangstrom Moderator

@Jord said:

@ralf said:

@adly said:
    I note that @seriesn seems to be maintaining ownership, perhaps planning a miraculous come back at some point, which in my opinion is wishful thinking given how things have been handled.

Or it could mark the official transition into transforming into a proper hands-off business and hiring the appropriate people to get things done. If it's a viable business in the first place, it should be possible to hire staff at market rate for the work and make a profit for the owner.

Nothing is changing hands, it all belongs to Jay and will stay that way, I’ve just been bought on to help out with everything and get it back on track.

Hi @Jord , if you don't mind, just curious: have you been involved with the administration of SmallWeb all this time, or was SmallWeb also out of your hands until now?

@angstrom said:

@Jord said:

@ralf said:

@adly said:
    I note that @seriesn seems to be maintaining ownership, perhaps planning a miraculous come back at some point, which in my opinion is wishful thinking given how things have been handled.

Or it could mark the official transition into transforming into a proper hands-off business and hiring the appropriate people to get things done. If it's a viable business in the first place, it should be possible to hire staff at market rate for the work and make a profit for the owner.

Nothing is changing hands, it all belongs to Jay and will stay that way, I’ve just been bought on to help out with everything and get it back on track.

Hi @Jord , if you don't mind, just curious: have you been involved with the administration of SmallWeb all this time, or was SmallWeb also out of your hands until now?

That has been under me, a few teething issues with access to things out of my control, which have been sorted, but going forward they will both be under my control.

Thanked by 1angstrom
  • DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

@Jord said: no one really knows what he was going through

Speaking of this, I think I do.

Like I said, I do check on him from time to time and he did tell me what was going on with him back then, and this was around October last year.

Will not go into detail since it's his personal matters, but yeah, considering the timing, I'm sure it was tough for him, as it would've been for me too if I was in his place.

All in all, personally, I'm glad that he actually met up with @ChrisMiller, for whatever reason it may be, and also reached out to @Jord, someone who the community is familiar with and not some random/unknown person, asking for help to cover for him, rather than completely avoiding and ditching his friends here, his customers, his business and literally disappearing without a trace, and silently deadpooling.

@DP said:

Like I said, I do check on him from time to time and he did tell me what was going on with him back then, and this was around October last year.

Will not go into detail since it's his personal matters, but yeah, considering the timing, I'm sure it was tough for him, as it would've been for me too if I was in his place.

All in all, personally, I'm glad that he actually met up with @ChrisMiller, for whatever reason it may be, and also reached out to @Jord, someone who the community is familiar with and not some random/unknown person, asking for help to cover for him, rather than completely avoiding and ditching his friends here, his customers, his business and literally disappearing without a trace, and silently deadpooling.

Couldn’t agree enough, I’ve had long chats with him over the last year. But this is personal, it should be kept that way, time to get shit sorted and back on track, things will get better from here.

• i'm only worried because a business customer of nexusbytes also bets fully on nexusbytes. if nexusbytes were to go down the drain, it would hurt the resellers and me (among many others) a lot.

• jackbjackb Member, Host Rep
    edited July 2022

@hyperblast said:
    i'm only worried because a business customer of nexusbytes also bets fully on nexusbytes. if nexusbytes were to go down the drain, it would hurt the resellers and me (among many others) a lot.

Current situation aside what would have happened to your business if Jay was hit by a bus?

Contingencies are important.

Thanked by 3Falzo skorous MannDude
  • @jackb said:

@hyperblast said:
    i'm only worried because a business customer of nexusbytes also bets fully on nexusbytes. if nexusbytes were to go down the drain, it would hurt the resellers and me (among many others) a lot.

Current situation aside what would have happened to your business if Jay was hit by a bus?

Contingencies are important.

you're right...
    my business is not one that turns over 100.000 euro a day ;) but the systems (especially i use email) should run stable.

• iKeyZiKeyZ Veteran

@Jord said:

@DP said:

Couldn’t agree enough, I’ve had long chats with him over the last year. But this is personal, it should be kept that way, time to get shit sorted and back on track, things will get better from here.

Out of interest - are you taking things on long-term or is it until things improve with @seriesn and then he will look at taking back over again? Or is this currently not known?

Thanked by 1adly
  • So replacing @seriesn with @Jord ?

I am content with that. @Jord is good people, I have had a service with his own brand for god knows how long now, and have been very satisfied. One of the most honest and genuinely nice people on LET. Congratulations on getting behind the wheel of NB sir!

With that being said - I did migrate out already, and it will be at least an year before I consider NB for any sort of services. And will only consider it because of mister Panda here, otherwise it would have stayed in the "never again" bin.

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • speedypagespeedypage Member, Patron Provider

@Jord said:

@DP said:

Jord will make everything better <3

Thanked by 1Jord
    edited July 2022

@iKeyZ said:

@Jord said:

@DP said:

Out of interest - are you taking things on long-term or is it until things improve with @seriesn and then he will look at taking back over again? Or is this currently not known?

I will be here for the long term :) I look forward to helping everyone.

@NobodyInteresting said:
    So replacing @seriesn with @Jord ?

I am content with that. @Jord is good people, I have had a service with his own brand for god knows how long now, and have been very satisfied. One of the most honest and genuinely nice people on LET. Congratulations on getting behind the wheel of NB sir!

With that being said - I did migrate out already, and it will be at least an year before I consider NB for any sort of services. And will only consider it because of mister Panda here, otherwise it would have stayed in the "never again" bin.

Thank you for the kind words @NobodyInteresting I will certainly try my best to build trust with people again, I'll go through everything and then make sure everyone is whole.

• Never did think the story will progress to having a new overlord in @Jord instead of a straightforward deadpool. Too cynical eh? All the best @Jord.

Thanked by 1Jord
  • LeviLevi Member

This reminds me of Borta fiasco with MikePT. "Everything will be ok guys", than silence and famous "monday" promise of update. Let's see how tgis roles. 8 support technicians should be able easily support 50 000 client base without any hickups.

Thanked by 2speedypage yoursunny
  • as long as there isnt hdd involucration, means its not as bad as hostsolutionbytes.

@LTniger said: This reminds me of Borta fiasco with MikePT. "Everything will be ok guys", than silence and famous "monday" promise of update

Same same but different.

No selfie, no likey.

@caracal said:
    Never did think the story will progress to having a new overlord in @Jord instead of a straightforward deadpool. Too cynical eh? All the best @Jord.

Thank you

@LTniger said:
    This reminds me of Borta fiasco with MikePT. "Everything will be ok guys", than silence and famous "monday" promise of update. Let's see how tgis roles. 8 support technicians should be able easily support 50 000 client base without any hickups.

I will make sure everything runs better, I will keep everyone updated, and it won't be on a Monday.

@cybertech said:
    as long as there isnt hdd involucration, means its not as bad as hostsolutionbytes.

NVMe only

• zedzed Member

Glad to see so many LET staff are going to bat for @seriesn and hopefully they're not wasting credibility. Get better soon NexusBytes, thanks for the update @Jord.

Thanked by 1Jord
  • ralfralf Member

@caracal said:
    a new overlord in @Jord

An overjord?

@zed said: Glad to see so many LET staff are going to bat for @seriesn

Well, here's my personal take on this, as a customer and from a customer's standpoint, knowing him and how he would go the extra mile for his customers, I think he deserves good things.

I've been a customer of BexusNytes since 2019 and I have not had any issues with my services and/or support, at all.

He has always been helpful and on top of things, and I'm sure lots here (or at least his customers) would agree to this.

Now looking at this positively, by him reaching out to Jord just proves he doesn't intend to neglect his business and leave his customers in the dark.

Thanked by 2Arkas zed
  • adlyadly Veteran

@LTniger said:

If there are 8 support technicians, someone might want to check what they’ve been actually doing. Support shouldn’t have got to the stage it did if they were doing their jobs.

Thanked by 2jsg pepa65
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited July 2022

When you deal with large corporations you find yourself crying out for a single shred of humanity to reveal itself to you when the slightest thing goes wrong, but all you get is lawyer approved bullshit and empty promises. When you deal with small businesses, sometimes you get more humanity than you hoped for. Personally, I'll take the latter every time. The reason people here tend to be extra forgiving @hadawayandplay is that, they come here to find the smaller operations and over time have learned what that entails. The ones content to trade accessible humanity (for it's positives and negatives) for brand strength are generally found elsewhere as they have no problem finding the cold, heartless corporations.

There are things that the cold, heartless corporations shield you from. When those are the things that matter, that is indeed when you want them. But everyone has their own priorities and preferences. This is a good venue to find people who prefer to trade more common problems for more unique ones. Better or worse is so subjective, it's all just different.

None of this to say you're wrong for being upset, I'm just detecting that you're frustrated by what tends to make this place different. I hoped the perspective may prove at least interesting. It’s okay if it doesn’t, we’re all different.

• ralfralf Member

@adly said:
    If there are 8 support technicians, someone might want to check what they’ve been actually doing. Support shouldn’t have got to the stage it did if they were doing their jobs.

When the cat's away, the mice support staff come out to play WoW.

Thanked by 3jsg adly pepa65
  • HxxxHxxx Member

Smart @jar .
    Nice thinking.

@Jord excellent, you got this!

Thanked by 2jar Jord
  • Well, at least the family will have lots to talk about at the Thanksgiving table this year.

Thanked by 2yoursunny Erisa
  • drizbodrizbo Member

8 employees + a boss?

What kind of employees are those, surely not full time? At least I thought nexus is way smaller. And 8 people cannot answer tickets as people report?

Thanked by 3adly yoursunny JasonM
  • adlyadly Veteran

@drizbo said:
    8 employees + a boss?

What kind of employees are those, surely not full time? At least I thought nexus is way smaller. And 8 people cannot answer tickets as people report?

Maybe it's one support technician with 8 identities? :D

Thanked by 2Arkas yoursunny
  • ArkasArkas Moderator

@adly said: Maybe it's one support technician with 8 identities? :D

Hmm. an 8 personality customer service technician? it must get interesting when he has to refer a ticket to the higher up personality :smiley:

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • drizbodrizbo Member

Thats more likely