Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GSuite Free Legacy Alternatives?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

GSuite Free Legacy Alternatives?

Hi All,

Awful but not unexpected news today that the Forever-Free tier from Google, really meant about 15 years. I understand it was a great perk and foresaw it coming as Google kept reducing services; but it's still a blow!

So I am now left looking for alternatives. I have 4 domains hosted on the GSuite free tier, each having between 4 and 12 email addresses. The biggest account has 10GB of storage for 10 years and a few addresses, I use for business send a maximum of about 100 mails a day.

I can host a mail server on my VPS and have it fail to my backup if necessary, but I am uncomfortable doing so, primarily due to the lack of control on the IP address blocks where my servers are hosted. Both of my servers are on Racknerd, who I love as a VPS service provider, but both address blocks are always flagged as blacklisted on UCEProtect3, which at very least affects any mail sent to google mail servers.

I am now looking for advice on CHEAP, reliable, secure email hosting services for 4 custom domains. Each domain needing about 10 email addresses and about 2gb storage per account. The host must provide standard POP/IMAP access.

Zoho free tier may have worked, but they no longer provide POP/IMAP and $1/user/month is too expensive.

Suggestions/help?

Comments

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

MXroute Large
    50GB total storage
    Unlimited accounts
    $65/year

Buy two of them and you are covered.

Another option is buying one MXRoute Small ($45/year) for outgoing emails, and handle incoming + storage yourself.

Thanked by 3maverickp mart hannes
  • darkimmortaldarkimmortal Member
    edited January 2022

Just fire off a couple of emails to Microsoft/Outlook and Gmail support if you run into deliverability issues. They've never caused me any trouble once they realise you are an actual human running a small personal server. And get yourself listed on dnswl.org. Never had any issues with this approach for small scale personal and transactional mail, for well over a decade now of running my own mail server across various provider/IP changes

You can just ignore uceprotect, maybe once in a blue moon you'll run into delivery issues with some shared host that is rejecting mail based on it, but it's not a problem with delivering to the big free mail providers

Thanked by 2mart rtsh
  • ManishPantManishPant Member, Host Rep

Checkout Zoho. They have free tier also which includes 5 mailbox with 5gb space each account

• Check out Yandex Mail. 15GB for free, 1TB for some stupidly low amount like $2/mo.

I don't know about sending 100 emails/day tho (and not much about email hosting in general as I never used it a lot), I send like 5 mails maximum and they never get to "spam". They also have catch-all in free tier etc.

Thanked by 2mart Shot2
  • cloudflare forwarding to gmail?

• Microsoft 365 allows custom domain and 6 user license is 99$ per year or 20$ via MS friends and family.

There is a hack shared on reddit to avoid godaddy
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Office365/comments/ft15pk/use_personalized_domain_with_outlook_and_office/

Thanked by 2mart deqi
  • bshbsh Member

It's time to use your own mail solutions

Thanked by 1kkrajk
  • DazzleDazzle Member
    edited January 2022

@host4cheap said:
    Microsoft 365 allows custom domain and 6 user license is 99$ per year or 20$ via MS friends and family.

There is a hack shared on reddit to avoid godaddy
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Office365/comments/ft15pk/use_personalized_domain_with_outlook_and_office/

I remembered Francisco (or Jar) says something bad about Microsoft email.

Oh, here is the thread.

• @jar Can you run a GSuite refugee rescue offer similar to BF for LET members

• @host4cheap said:
    @jar Can you run a GSuite refugee rescue offer similar to BF for LET members

Maybe another offer like when tuffmail closed down? @jar

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Can't justify a promo with support wait times.

Thanked by 2Falzo Ouji
  • I just got approved for the cloudflare email routing beta, I applied 3 weeks ago. Just in time for losing g suite. Now I can just forward everything to a free gmail account.

• JrkJrk Member

MicroSoft E5

• ElonBezosElonBezos Member
    edited January 2022

maybe somebody has experience with MailChannels Outbound Delivery? i do have a shared hosted website with that feature, perhaps how is it compared with mxroute?

i'm thinking to use it for a while as a refugee from GSuite until get some cash to move to other mail provider (i send less than 5 emails per day)

edit: grammar

• XiNiXXiNiX Member, Host Rep

@mart said:
    Hi All,

Awful but not unexpected news today that the Forever-Free tier from Google, really meant about 15 years. I understand it was a great perk and foresaw it coming as Google kept reducing services; but it's still a blow!

So I am now left looking for alternatives. I have 4 domains hosted on the GSuite free tier, each having between 4 and 12 email addresses. The biggest account has 10GB of storage for 10 years and a few addresses, I use for business send a maximum of about 100 mails a day.

I can host a mail server on my VPS and have it fail to my backup if necessary, but I am uncomfortable doing so, primarily due to the lack of control on the IP address blocks where my servers are hosted. Both of my servers are on Racknerd, who I love as a VPS service provider, but both address blocks are always flagged as blacklisted on UCEProtect3, which at very least affects any mail sent to google mail servers.

I am now looking for advice on CHEAP, reliable, secure email hosting services for 4 custom domains. Each domain needing about 10 email addresses and about 2gb storage per account. The host must provide standard POP/IMAP access.

Zoho free tier may have worked, but they no longer provide POP/IMAP and $1/user/month is too expensive.

Suggestions/help?

I think Zoho and Mail.ru ( https://www.ph4.org/mymail_biz.php ) still offer it.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@biangkerok said:
    maybe somebody has experience with MailChannels Outbound Delivery? i do have a shared hosted website with that feature, perhaps how is it compared with mxroute?

MXroute used to send through MC, but I got tired of all of the complaints. I get far less now.

• When CPanel had the increase the clear answer was DirectAdmin.

There is no clear answer here as yet.

Zoho Free [no pop/imap/smtp]
    Mail.ru
    Yandex.ru
    Shared Hosting Account $ varies with providers
    Self Hosted $ varies with providers, sysadmin knowledge required
    MX Route $65/year/50GB
    Zoho Paid $24/year/Account
    Office 365 Outlook $60/year/Account
    GSuite $72/Account/Year

We need to compile all the options.

Thanked by 3mart BlueSquares s12321
  • @trycatchthis said:
    When CPanel had the increase the clear answer was DirectAdmin.

There is no clear answer here as yet.

Zoho Free [no pop/imap/smtp]
    Mail.ru
    Yandex.ru
    Shared Hosting Account $ varies with providers
    Self Hosted $ varies with providers, sysadmin knowledge required
    MX Route $65/year/50GB
    Zoho Paid $24/year/Account
    Office 365 Outlook $60/year/Account
    GSuite $72/Account/Year

We need to compile all the options.

just to get you more confuse

https://console.webhosting24.com/cart.php?gid=5&language=english

• @darkimmortal said:
    And get yourself listed on dnswl.org.

€65 a year to be listed seems to be the cheapest subscription? Doesn't seem worth it for me and my family. Do they offer additional discounts?

• That counts as shared hosting.

• mail.ru or yandex support custom smtp server (e.g AWS ses) for outgoing emails?

• Everyone's focusing on email, but that's the easy part IMO. What about Docs, Sheets, all paid purchases on the Play Store, etc... Email is only a small part of G Suite.

• @mart said:
    Hi All,

Suggestions/help?

It looks like you are fully into google mail (that's their plan on you :naughty: ). cPanel mail is cheap but the mail/junk mail filter/scanner and security level is not good as google/office365/zoho .

if $1/user/month is not affordable, the only way is move to free mail solution gmail/15gb/user, outlook/hotmail/5gb/user.

• @Daniel15 said:
    Everyone's focusing on email, but that's the easy part IMO. What about Docs, Sheets, all paid purchases on the Play Store, etc... Email is only a small part of G Suite.

This was my worry too.. Google hints you might still have access:
    "After 60 days in suspension, you will no longer have access to Google Workspace core services, such as Gmail, Calendar, and Meet. You may still retain access to additional Google services, such as YouTube and Google Photos."
    https://support.google.com/a/answer/60217

But I would like a clearer answer to feel more secure.

• dragon1993dragon1993 Member
    edited January 2022

Duplicated

• Best alternative is VK WorkSpace (https://biz.mail.ru)

5000 free mail accounts with unlimited space.

• mxroute/reseller(Nexusbyte and smallwebs) or mailbaby + cloudron(smtp from mxroute,Full Text Search Solr and roundcube or SOGo) + vps 2gb or 3gb(Solr) or if you want to do everything yourself go with cloudron without smtp external(but you have to have a clean ip , all those email requirements, personally I prefer to use third party smtp)

Thanked by 1mart
  • When you subscribe to iCloud+, you can use up to five custom domains to send and receive email with iCloud Mail. Learn how to get started.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT212514

Checkout iCloud+

Thanked by 1mart
  • typicalGtaTGtypicalGtaTG Member, Host Rep

Not sure if I'm missing something here but how expensive is it for the Google Workspace Starter? I have 2 accounts with them on 2 domains and it only costs me ~$2/user/month and comes with 30GB Storage for each user.

It's been the best solution I've been able to find so far after been hopping providers from my mailing for so many years.

• @typicalGtaTG said: I have 2 accounts with them on 2 domains and it only costs me ~$2/user/month and comes with 30GB Storage for each user.

Not everyone is from India so they pay 2$ per month.

Thanked by 1netomx