Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Black Friday 2021 - NVMe and Storage deals - Deploy in 16 global locations (APAC/EU/US)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Black Friday 2021 - NVMe and Storage deals - Deploy in 16 global locations (APAC/EU/US)

hosthatchhosthatch Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Hi everyone,

It's been a busy few months. We've (nearly) finished our new control panel and are deploying our new hardware across all of our global locations.

Please find our Black Friday 2021 deals below.

NVMe deals - Order here

~15 December delivery: Amsterdam, Stockholm, Los Angeles, Chicago, New York
~30 December delivery: Hong Kong, Tokyo, Singapore, Sydney, London, Vienna, Warsaw, Zurich, Oslo, Milan, Madrid

1 CPU core (12.5% dedicated, burstable up to 100%)
2 GB RAM
15 GB NVMe storage
2 TB bandwidth (500GB in APAC)
$17 per year
2 CPU cores (50% dedicated, burstable up to 200%)
4 GB RAM
30 GB NVMe storage
5 TB bandwidth (1 TB APAC)
$35 per year
(+ 1 GB RAM, 2x bandwidth when paying for two years)
3 CPU cores (100% dedicated, burstable up to 300%)
8 GB RAM
60 GB NVMe storage
10 TB bandwidth (2 TB APAC)
$70 per year
(+ 2 GB RAM, 2x bandwidth when paying for two years)
4 CPU cores (200% dedicated, burstable up to 400%)?
16 GB RAM 
100 GB NVMe storage
20 TB bandwidth (4 TB)
$115 per year
(+ 4 GB RAM, 2x bandwidth when paying for two years)

The NVMe plans come with AMD EPYC Milan (Zen3) CPUs - AMD 7443 or similar, with Samsung Enterprise PCIe 4.0 NVMes in RAID-10.

Storage deals - Order here

~15 December delivery: Amsterdam, Stockholm, Los Angeles, and Chicago):

1 CPU core (fairly shared)
512 MB RAM
1 TB storage
3 TB bandwidth
$35 per year ($60 per two years)
double the RAM and bandwidth for two years
1 GB RAM
2 TB storage
5 TB bandwidth
$55 per year ($90 per two years)
2 CPU core (fairly shared)
1.5 GB RAM
5 TB storage
10 TB bandwidth
$100 per year ($180 per two years)
2 CPU core (fairly shared)
2 GB RAM
10 TB storage
20 TB bandwidth
$175 per year ($295 per two years)

Storage plans come on E5v2 or AMD Zen1 (it is not possible to choose), with RAID-50/60 and SSD caching. These are meant to be used for mass storage, and not I/O intensive tasks.

Important notes:

• All orders are final and cannot be changed or refunded. We have limited capacity available. Please only buy if you are absolutely sure that you would like to use the server.
  • An order is considered final once it is paid for. There is no 'reservation' system.
  • We will cancel all unpaid orders after 60 minutes of them being unpaid. If you order something, do not pay for it, and it goes out of stock, we will not be able to offer it to you again.

We might offer some flash deals on Monday, however this isn't a promise. We have very limited capacity available this time around.

I understand that the pricing might look more expensive than the last year. This is to account for the newer hardware and much higher IP costs. This pricing also allows us to make a slightly healthier profit to offer you a better service and support in the future.

Thank you everyone! :)

Comments

• EmilEmil Member, Host Rep
    edited November 2021

Hi everyone,

I hope you'll enjoy our BF deals. Even if it's not as much raw resources per dollar as last year, they are just as financially aggressive for us due to the brand new (and very expensive) hardware theses will be hosted on.

Earlier this year I promised you all some big improvements and while you may not see anything from the outside yet, we surely have made amazing progress internally. We've developed our own backend platform for virtualization (code-named Raven) to replace SolusVM. We've also developed Peregrine (cloud.hosthatch.com) which is a complete rewrite of our client frontend panel (manage.hosthatch.com).

Both of these will allow us to offer a much better user experience to you. SolusVM has served us well for 10 years now, but its issues are already well-known, so I won't go very deep into that, other than to say that it was easier to build our own platform to offer the experience we want to offer, as compared to hacking our ways around how SolusVM did things.

Now, we will finally be able to offer you things like V(X)LAN-isolated private networking, better IPv6 experience (we will start providing routed IPv6 in Q1 2022), faster VM provisioning and management, snapshots (Q1 2022), SSH keys, much better ISO management, cloud-init userdata, end-user API, etc. Sure many of those features might sound pretty standard these days, but were impossible to do properly with SolusVM. Our new control panel also allows us to build new features more easily, such as block storage, anycast IP addresses, automated BGP etc all being on the roadmap.

We also made the decision to move from Intel E5v2 to the latest generation EPYC processors for our NVMe Compute line. The new plans are based on AMD EPYC Milan (mostly 7443P and 7443), using Dell EMC servers with Samsung Enterprise Gen4 NVMe storage. It's been a hectic past 3 months trying to source all the hardware (due to chip shortages) with long delays.

I know some of you are curious about upgrades of existing servers. You will soon be able to manage your old servers via cloud.hosthatch.com, but in order to unlock new features, a reinstall is necessary which will automatically migrate your server away from SolusVM.

As for the hardware side, we will keep the older hardware online, only a few of you have had "free" upgrades to AMD due to us being forced to free up some power to allow for more cost effective expansions. But generally we will keep the previous hardware online in the foreseeable future. We will offer a migration path from early next year (by selecting a new plan where the disk size is the same or larger) but it may affect other resources and may come with a small difference in cost.

• Seems Christmas came early this year

• The new panel looks much cleaner.

• Finally yay

• Can I put my Plex library on this and Mount it as storage? Would that be OK I/O wise for you? @Emil

• The Black Friday Saviour.

• Would we see flash sale this year?

• @Nekki Some Sexy Storage?

• Awesome offer, keep it up

• Mammoth number two just arrived back for the new horizont

• Error 524 :D

• not so sexy storage. :neutral:

512 MB RAM
    1 TB storage
    3 TB bandwidth
    $35 per year ($60 per two years)

• V(X)LAN-isolated private networking, better IPv6 experience (we will start providing routed IPv6 in Q1 2022), faster VM provisioning and management, snapshots (Q1 2022), SSH keys, much better ISO management, cloud-init userdata, end-user API, etc

Hooray! Finally! Isolated private networking.

• no double RAM and bandwidth for NVMe deals...

• Finally AMD! And EPYC provider! thanks

• hosthatch welcome to the party :) late as ever LOL

• Wait- what?

• Great offer as always, any test IP for Japan and Singapore?

• Whoops, there appears to be errors...

• underd0gunderd0g Member
    edited November 2021

Sorry double post, LET is slowing down

• aRNoLDaRNoLD Member
    edited November 2021

How to place an order?

I want this box at Tokyo
    1 CPU core (12.5% dedicated, burstable up to 100%)
    2 GB RAM
    15 GB NVMe storage
    2 TB bandwidth (500GB in APAC)
    $17 per year

looks something is wrong

• JabJabJabJab Member
    edited November 2021

Damn that 1TB for 35$ looks juicy. Sure, the transfer is little low, but if you are gonna use it for backups (incremental please) it's plenty AF.

We will offer a migration path from early next year (by selecting a new plan where the disk size is the same or larger) but it may affect other resources and may come with a small difference in cost.

Woah, looks like I will even save some money in long term when (if ;)) you decide to migrate my 36$/500GB storage to 35$/1TB :P

• Error 521

• Computational servers are good

• Error 521 Ray ID: 6b443cb76bec7cce • 2021-11-26 15:44:16 UTC
    Web server is down

:)

• I enjoy the new clean UI!

• ~30 December delivery: Tokyo

Finally!! It took almost a year.
    and it comes with EPYC!

Thanked by 1tetech
  • Is internal BW also counted? If I get storage in same location as normal VPS and mount it, will the BW between it count or be free?

This discussion has been closed.