Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Black Friday 2021 - NVMe and Storage deals - Deploy in 16 global locations (APAC/EU/US) - Page 6
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Black Friday 2021 - NVMe and Storage deals - Deploy in 16 global locations (APAC/EU/US)

Comments

• @hosthatch, any chance the invoices from last black friday can be fixed for those that ordered the manual bundles? I did open a ticket about it over a week ago but haven't got an answer yet and although I don't mind waiting not sure if I should just go and pay the invoices that are left or just wait. (already paid some of them that were due as I'd rather not risk having it suspended for that). Asking because you guys will definitely be spammed even more now that 2021 bf deals are out.

• brueggusbrueggus Member, IPv6 Advocate

@kalimov622 said: invoices from last black friday can be fixed for those that ordered the manual bundles

What's wrong with the invoices? I skimmed over them and paid them since I didn't notice any errors.

• cazrzcazrz Member
    edited November 2021

@hosthatch
    What are the standard pricing of these new nvme compute VMs?
    Are these already available on regular purchase on the old dashboard?

• kalimov622kalimov622 Member
    edited November 2021

@brueggus said:

@kalimov622 said: invoices from last black friday can be fixed for those that ordered the manual bundles

What's wrong with the invoices? I skimmed over them and paid them since I didn't notice any errors.

For one of the bundles (bundle of 3 servers) we had to buy the servers individually and then get the credit refunded via a ticket which we did and for the other we paid for the non-discounted bundle and also got refunded the remaining credit. Those were some good deals so few lucky people got them as they went OOS very fast; their latest bundles were with the correct order link so no manual adjustment was needed for those.

• douglaskdouglask Member
    edited November 2021

@hosthatch Hi boss, I purchased one 10TB Storage VPS in August, paid $300 for the doubled RAM and bandwidth -- with 30TB bandwidth. I remember somewhere you mentioned that deal would be better than this black Friday(you said due to increased price of hardware, IPs...). So I didn't hesitate.

However, if I purchase now, the VPS would have 40TB bandwidth(10TB more than mine with $295). Which makes me feel, errr....(you know how I feel)

I am wondering if you could cheer me up by upgrade my previous bandwidth configuration from 30TB to 40TB? Even though I just use a few hundreds GBs per month...

Thanks

===
    refer previous link:
    https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/172966/deploy-high-quality-nvme-vms-in-14-global-locations-with-consistent-performance-eu-us-apac/p7

• @hosthatch what is the cost on renewal ?

• @gowrann said: @hosthatch what is the cost on renewal ?

There is like 8 different deals posted. What do you expect as answer here?
    Anyway you are lucky - everything is recurring, prices for live, forever.

Thanked by 1bdl
  • webcraftwebcraft Member
    edited November 2021

Can we upgrade existing machines soon which are due end of December so we don't have an invoice in let's say two weeks time and another upgrade invoice of small amount in early 2022?

• What is overage cost like? Throttled after x TB to 10mbps? Hard suspended shut down?

• Can i migrate my vps from old node in Sydney, to Hongkong old node too @hosthatch @Emil ??

Sydney routing are getting worst lately especially IPv6 , sometimes has got packet loss

My invoice to renew the vps will be generated on 30 November, and i will try to renew my service

Pls check my ticket if you dont mind #139543

• @aiden1 said:
    What is overage cost like? Throttled after x TB to 10mbps? Hard suspended shut down?

It's in the terms of service :)

https://hosthatch.com/terms-of-service

If there is a bandwidth limit, it means that you are not allowed to use more bandwidth than the limit in one month. Your server will be stopped if you reach your bandwidth limit. Additional bandwidth can be added for $4 per Terabyte by contacting our support. Bandwidth limit is reset on the 1st of every month, regardless of your service due date.

Thanked by 1webcraft
  • @hosthatch said: 3 CPU cores (100% dedicated, burstable up to 300%)

8 GB RAM
    60 GB NVMe storage
    10 TB bandwidth (2 TB APAC)
    $70 per year
    (+ 2 GB RAM, 2x bandwidth when paying for two years)

Do this comes with free DA license?

• @douglask said:
    I am wondering if you could cheer me up by upgrade my previous bandwidth configuration from 30TB to 40TB? Even though I just use a few hundreds GBs per month...

This is why we can't have nice things. SMH

Thanked by 3FrankZ K4Y5 bulbasaur
  • @gapper said:

@hosthatch said: 3 CPU cores (100% dedicated, burstable up to 300%)

8 GB RAM
    60 GB NVMe storage
    10 TB bandwidth (2 TB APAC)
    $70 per year
    (+ 2 GB RAM, 2x bandwidth when paying for two years)

Do this comes with free DA license?

Yes and free blesta license and free cloudlinux and free installation and management service.
    No, it's cheap even without a license though I have to admit we haven't seen yabs of their new nodes or did I miss something?

• @webcraft said: did I miss something?

only a date.
    ~15 December delivery: Amsterdam, Stockholm, Los Angeles, Chicago, New York
    ~30 December delivery: Hong Kong, Tokyo, Singapore, Sydney, London, Vienna, Warsaw, Zurich, Oslo, Milan, Madrid

• webcraftwebcraft Member
    edited November 2021

@JabJab said:

@webcraft said: did I miss something?

only a date.
    ~30 December delivery: Hong Kong, Tokyo, Singapore, Sydney, London, Vienna, Warsaw, Zurich, Oslo, Milan, Madrid

You're right, but I expected some nodes were alive already because of:

@Emil wrote:
    As for the hardware side, we will keep the older hardware online, only a few of you have had "free" upgrades to AMD due to us being forced to free up some power to allow for more cost effective expansions.

Which reads to me like some clients were already moved to new nodes.

Thanked by 1pbx
  • @webcraft said:

@JabJab said:

@webcraft said: did I miss something?

only a date.

You're right, but I expected some nodes were alive already because of:

@Emil wrote:
    As for the hardware side, we will keep the older hardware online, only a few of you have had "free" upgrades to AMD due to us being forced to free up some power to allow for more cost effective expansions.

Which reads to me like some clients were already moved to new nodes.

Just because some nodes are live doesn't mean that new orders will be delivered immediately :)

• Damn you hosthatch, I already thought I could go with only spending $10 on this BF and then you post this killer of storage deals (the large ones have incredible value for their price) ...

Ordered. I'll make business with you anytime again.

• EmilEmil Member, Host Rep
    edited November 2021

@webcraft @JabJab @Daniel15

The "free" upgrades we did for a few nodes to save on power recently are to some Zen 1/2 CPUs that are not quite as powerful as the 7413/7443/7443P that we're using for the new servers (these have some of the best single-threaded performance on the market).

We will start deliveries before those dates so in not too long some yabs will likely pop up here. But the Dec 15/30 dates are what you can expect for the majority of the orders. It varies between locations too.

Edit: For those who are interested, we'll post a yabs from an empty node as well.

Thanked by 3webcraft fazar Limpan
  • @Emil said:
    Edit: For those who are interested, we'll post a yabs from an empty node as well.

This is what I was originally looking for, not an immediate delivery.

• Thanks @Emil. In your initial comment, you said:

We will offer a migration path from early next year (by selecting a new plan where the disk size is the same or larger) but it may affect other resources and may come with a small difference in cost.

Do you know have any rough estimates as to how much the difference in cost will be yet (eg. some percentage of the original VPS price)?

• hosthatchhosthatch Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited November 2021
    # ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## #
    #              Yet-Another-Bench-Script              #
    #                     v2021-10-09                    #
    # https://github.com/masonr/yet-another-bench-script #
    # ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## #

Fri Nov 26 18:03:13 EST 2021

Basic System Information:
    ---------------------------------
    Processor  : AMD EPYC 7443P 24-Core Processor
    CPU cores  : 4 @ 2844.654 MHz
    AES-NI     : ✔ Enabled
    VM-x/AMD-V : ❌ Disabled
    RAM        : 15.5 GiB
    Swap       : 1024.0 MiB
    Disk       : 97.5 GiB

fio Disk Speed Tests (Mixed R/W 50/50):
    Block Size | 4k            (IOPS) | 64k           (IOPS)
      ------   | ---            ----  | ----           ----
    Read       | 344.75 MB/s  (86.1k) | 3.29 GB/s    (51.5k)
    Write      | 345.66 MB/s  (86.4k) | 3.31 GB/s    (51.8k)
    Total      | 690.42 MB/s (172.6k) | 6.61 GB/s   (103.3k)
               |                      |
    Block Size | 512k          (IOPS) | 1m            (IOPS)
      ------   | ---            ----  | ----           ----
    Read       | 5.30 GB/s    (10.3k) | 5.83 GB/s     (5.6k)
    Write      | 5.58 GB/s    (10.9k) | 6.22 GB/s     (6.0k)
    Total      | 10.89 GB/s   (21.2k) | 12.05 GB/s   (11.7k)

iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv4):
    Provider        | Location (Link)           | Send Speed      | Recv Speed
                    |                           |                 |
    Clouvider       | London, UK (10G)          | 2.30 Gbits/sec  | 2.25 Gbits/sec
    Online.net      | Paris, FR (10G)           | 2.31 Gbits/sec  | 2.44 Gbits/sec
    WorldStream     | The Netherlands (10G)     | busy            | busy
    WebHorizon      | Singapore (1G)            | 118 Mbits/sec   | 281 Mbits/sec
    Clouvider       | NYC, NY, US (10G)         | 3.69 Gbits/sec  | 5.51 Gbits/sec
    Velocity Online | Tallahassee, FL, US (10G) | 4.75 Gbits/sec  | 3.10 Gbits/sec
    Clouvider       | Los Angeles, CA, US (10G) | 2.41 Gbits/sec  | 2.53 Gbits/sec
    Iveloz Telecom  | Sao Paulo, BR (2G)        | 2.54 Mbits/sec  | 1.12 Gbits/sec

https://browser.geekbench.com/v5/cpu/11246937

This is a largely empty node, so the actual performance will be different (especially for CPUs).

This is from New York. It's the same hardware in all locations, so only the network part will be different for other locations.

• dT_TbdT_Tb Member
    edited November 2021

@Emil can you also post the test IPs for SG and JP? Both not yet on your website.

Edit:

NVM, found it!

http://lg.sgp.hosthatch.com

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@Daniel15 said:
    In the JSON responses in the new panel, the client object has a statistics field, which has a revenue field, which has gross, expenses and income fields. Are users supposed to see that? 👀

Psst, these should be kept.
    Transfarency goes a long way.

Thanked by 1bulbasaur
  • MilonMilon Member
    edited November 2021

@add_iT said:
    Can i migrate my vps from old node in Sydney, to Hongkong old node too @hosthatch @Emil ??

Sydney routing are getting worst lately especially IPv6 , sometimes has got packet loss

My invoice to renew the vps will be generated on 30 November, and i will try to renew my service

Same question
    Same reason.
    To any other location, better in Europe.
    Sydney almost unusable for all year.

• @dT_Tb said:
    @Emil can you also post the test IPs for SG and JP? Both not yet on your website.

and hongkong
    <3

edited November 2021

@Daniel15 said:
    Thanks @Emil. In your initial comment, you said:

We will offer a migration path from early next year (by selecting a new plan where the disk size is the same or larger) but it may affect other resources and may come with a small difference in cost.

Do you know have any rough estimates as to how much the difference in cost will be yet (eg. some percentage of the original VPS price)?

I wish I'd be able to tell you but tbh we haven't decided that yet. I guess you can try reverse engineer our pricing by taking resources/$ for this Black Friday vs. 2020. At least you'd have a rough estimate, but I can't comment on how accurate it'd be. Also it's possible that you will be able to sacrifice RAM and CPU (but same storage) to keep your current pricing. We'll see when we get there.

Thanked by 1fazar
    edited November 2021

@Milon said:

@add_iT said:
    Can i migrate my vps from old node in Sydney, to Hongkong old node too @hosthatch @Emil ??

Same question
    Same reason.
    To any other location, better in Europe.
    Sydney almost unusable for all year.

We’re not offering location migrations for promo plans. However, we’ve already signed with a new provider in Sydney and you will be notified about migrations being scheduled late Dec/early Jan. It’ll be a vast improvement to the network connectivity.

• @hosthatch sorry if this has been asked before but wanted to know

do you have a bundle for different locations?

edited November 2021

@ehab said:
    @hosthatch sorry if this has been asked before but wanted to know

do you have a bundle for different locations?

@Emil said:
    Too early to say. Might do some flash deals for the locations where the demand is lower, no promises though.

Thanked by 1ehab
This discussion has been closed.