Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Deploy high quality NVMe VMs in 14 global locations, with consistent performance - EU/US/APAC - Page 7
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Deploy high quality NVMe VMs in 14 global locations, with consistent performance - EU/US/APAC

Comments

• Does anyone know if @hosthatch secretly owns a top-secret HDD factory, out of Chia's reach?

• do you offer ddos protection? if yes what are the charges?

• @pavan said:
    do you offer ddos protection? if yes what are the charges?

No DDoS-Protected IPs available right now.

• My two servers got there IPv6 :)

• Daniel15Daniel15 Veteran
    edited August 2021

@default said:
    Does anyone know if @hosthatch secretly owns a top-secret HDD factory, out of Chia's reach?

They may have some HDDs from before the Chia craze... Most hosts will keep some spare hardware on hand in case of failures, based on the average failure rate + some buffer, so they can quickly replace a failed drive, RAM, etc.

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@default said:
    Does anyone know if @hosthatch secretly owns a top-secret HDD factory, out of Chia's reach?

You don't need an HDD factory to make storage service.
    I built unlimited storage app out of thin air.

I have a copy of my backups in my own storage app, and another copy on HostHatch 250GB.

Thanked by 1Gravely
  • some yabs for eu locs?

• Finally,My Hongkong Server is online,But the ip address seems not primitive one.My ip address is 194.29.186.*** and it belongs to Poland,so it's a brodcasted ip?And i traced the route,the route shows it will passthrough Japan first and then hongkong🙄later I will put a YABS

• bdlbdl Member

@Franzkafka said:
    Finally,My Hongkong Server is online,But the ip address seems not primitive one.My ip address is 194.29.186.*** and it belongs to Poland,so it's a brodcasted ip?And i traced the route,the route shows it will passthrough Japan first and then hongkong🙄later I will put a YABS

Welcome to the Internet :)

• HK $15 per year is out of stock. Please replenish the stock.

• @bdl said:

@Franzkafka said:
    Finally,My Hongkong Server is online,But the ip address seems not primitive one.My ip address is 194.29.186.*** and it belongs to Poland,so it's a brodcasted ip?And i traced the route,the route shows it will passthrough Japan first and then hongkong🙄later I will put a YABS

Welcome to the Internet :)

Yes,I m a freshman.Plz be nice to me

• @pxmeteor said:
    HK $15 per year is out of stock. Please replenish the stock.

Cool you can’t read

@hosthatch said:

The order URLs will automatically be disabled on the 10th of August, or earlier if a particular plan/location is out of stock.

Thanked by 1bdl
  • hosthatchhosthatch Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Giving an early heads up, we're going to have some 2TB and 10TB storage deals in stock, in Los Angeles only.

They will cost around $55/yr or $95/2yr for the 2 TB, and around $180/yr or $300/2yr for the 10TB (price might be slightly different).

Price on Black Friday 2021 will likely be ~7-10% higher than this (if we manage to get enough drives and to factor in the increase in IPv4 costs).

Will post them at 13:00 CET (about 9 hours from now). A small amount of stock will be available only.

Thanked by 2chocolateshirt bdl

@pxmeteor said:

They won't be coming back sadly, even on Black Friday (at least not for the same price). Other locations will soon go out of stock too for this plan. The IPv4 prices at the moment simply doesn't allow these $15/yr plans anymore.

• longhuynhlonghuynh Member
    edited August 2021

@hosthatch VPS HK came online after 3 days of waiting, other localtions seem to be faster.
    However, there seems to be a problem with the routing, I can't curl or ping timeout to some other ip of the same hosthatch

• bdlbdl Member

@longhuynh said:
    @hosthatch VPS HK came online after 3 days of waiting, other localtions seem to be faster.
    However, there seems to be a problem with the routing, I can't curl or ping timeout to some other ip of the same hosthatch

Time for Tiket

• @pavan said:
    do you offer ddos protection? if yes what are the charges?

At LA they have ddos protected ips and cost you $3/ip. Confirmed thru ticket.

@hosthatch Thanks for the nice offers. Just ordered my biennial box.

Thanked by 1pavan
  • @Samidare said:

@hosthatch said: Sorry about that. But no worries as long as you have an open ticket, we'll get it fixed

So, are HK and Sydney in the bundle supposed to have 1TB bandwidth?

I bought the bundle, both have 500 GB bandwidth

edited August 2021
    1x 2.4+ GHz
    1 GB RAM
    1 TB usable storage
    4 TB bandwidth
    $35 per year
    Pay for two years - get doubled RAM and bandwidth
    https://manage.hosthatch.com/billing/order/storlax-1tb

1x 2.4+ GHz
    1 GB RAM
    2 TB disk
    8 TB bandwidth
    $55 per year
    https://manage.hosthatch.com/billing/order/storlax-2tb

2 CPU cores
    2 GB RAM
    10 TB storage (RAID-60)
    15 TB bandwidth
    $180 per year
    https://manage.hosthatch.com/billing/order/storlax-10tb

As promised, a small amount of these is available.

The setup time is 3 working days.

• FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire

Go Go Go Go Go...

@hosthatch Is the last link https://manage.hosthatch.com/billing/order/storlax-10tb instead?

@FAT32 said:
    Go Go Go Go Go...

@hosthatch Is the last link https://manage.hosthatch.com/billing/order/storlax-10tb instead?

Yes, fixed, thank you :)

Thanked by 2FAT32 plumberg
  • wahyanwahyan Member
    edited August 2021

@hosthatch said:

> 1x 2.4+ GHz
    > 1 GB RAM
    > 2 TB disk
    > 8 TB bandwidth
    > $55 per year
    > Pay for two years - get doubled RAM and bandwidth
    > https://manage.hosthatch.com/billing/order/storlax-2tb
    > 

@hosthatch I tried to order 2TB Lax, after placing order, it said "Your order was successfully created.", but no invoice was created........

update: changed browser and it still not working.

• Thanks - just bought my 5th vps :)
    Assume doubling of RAM and bandwidth will happen when provisioned (in 3 working days) or do we need to open a ticket?

• Must resist!! Great deal for 10tb

• bdlbdl Member

damnit @hosthatch, you tempted me again. Instant noodles until BF for me. Thankyou :smiley:

• is ipv6 available in Hongkong?

• @daozhi said:
    is ipv6 available in Hongkong?

unsure i would like to know too,? mine wasnt provisioned with any v6 at least.

• @RouteIX said:

@daozhi said:
    is ipv6 available in Hongkong?

unsure i would like to know too,? mine wasnt provisioned with any v6 at least.

Open a ticket and they will assign a /64.

Thanked by 1RouteIX
  • I just set up a 1TB for 2 years, yet the invoice only says $35 ?

• @hosthatch said:

@pxmeteor said:

They won't be coming back sadly, even on Black Friday (at least not for the same price). Other locations will soon go out of stock too for this plan. The IPv4 prices at the moment simply doesn't allow these $15/yr plans anymore.

So... no more 15$ storage offers?