Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Deploy high quality NVMe VMs in 14 global locations, with consistent performance - EU/US/APAC - Page 12
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Deploy high quality NVMe VMs in 14 global locations, with consistent performance - EU/US/APAC

167891012»

Comments

• I miss the offer. :'( waiting apac location again.

• @sonic said:
    just curious anyone here using HostHatch services for production

Been running one of our armbian mirrors w/ hosthach in EU. Fast, slings the bits, stays online

• @sonic said:
    just curious anyone here using HostHatch services for production

Its fine on simple things like single server apps.

There's still lot room for improvement
    1. private network
    2. support
    3. dashboard features

Thanked by 1fragpic
  • waiting for 0.5GB storage vps promo again

• @lowfatgeek said:
    waiting for 0.5GB storage vps promo again

0.5GB...

• Wkwkwk..

I think what he mean is 500 GB storage VPS or 0.5 TB storage vps

Thanked by 1webcraft
  • @lowfatgeek said:

Me too :D

• @lowfatgeek said:

Oh, sh*t.. It's 0.5TB :p

• @rattlecattle said: Not really. It's still possible to use a VNC client but is a little involved

I think this isn't possible anymore, did you find another way?
    Thank you

• @alettone said: I think this isn't possible anymore, did you find another way?

The existing method still works on the old portal - manage.hosthatch.com.

As for the newer cloud.hosthatch.com portal they aren't using vnc over websocket anymore. Instead it uses guacamole over websocket for the browser -> gateway server connection. Although internally it does look to be using vnc for the guacd -> VPS connection, but that is irrelevant.

This means it's no longer possible to use a VNC client. What can be done is to implement an alternative HTML frontend using guacamole-common-js and use that to connect to the gateway.

Thanked by 1alettone
  • @alettone said:

@rattlecattle said: Not really. It's still possible to use a VNC client but is a little involved

I think this isn't possible anymore, did you find another way?
    Thank you

Don't necro.

• "consistent performance"

• @dahartigan said:
    "consistent performance"

still benches the exact same as the day the service was delivered, not sure what you're trying to say here. Performance has been extremely flat across the board, no steal or anything.

• @LiliLabs said:

@dahartigan said:
    "consistent performance"

still benches the exact same as the day the service was delivered, not sure what you're trying to say here. Performance has been extremely flat across the board, no steal or anything.

Consistency in data loss is more accurate, but I couldn't quote that.

• thanks @rattlecattle
    I hoped to be able to use another client because unfortunately I can't use the web portal on a mobile device as I can't get the mouse moving, but I guess I'll have to stick with it.
    In addition I can't get any resolution higher than 1280x1024, which seems to be a problem with Teamviewer as well.
    Do you have the same resolution "limit"?

• @alettone said: In addition I can't get any resolution higher than 1280x1024, which seems to be a problem with Teamviewer as well.

Do you have the same resolution "limit"?

I have used RDP to access both Windows and Linux VPS (not on HostHatch though) and there were no resolution limit. The remote display resolution was the same as the local monitor resolution.

• I use RDP as you do and I don't have any problem since it creates like a virtual video card with whatever resolution I want.
    I'd like to have the same resolution on Teamviewer or VNC should I need it for emergency but I'll be fine with a lower resolution as well :)
    Thanks!

• @alettone said: I'd like to have the same resolution on Teamviewer or VNC

For VNC, checkout this question on SuperUser: https://superuser.com/questions/990398/setting-display-resolution-beyond-1024x768-with-headless-windows-10

Thanked by 1alettone