Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Deploy high quality NVMe VMs in 14 global locations, with consistent performance - EU/US/APAC - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Deploy high quality NVMe VMs in 14 global locations, with consistent performance - EU/US/APAC

Comments

• shunglayshunglay Member
    edited July 2021

hello, if I ordered bundles for 2 years, can I get the double resource upgrades?@hosthatch

• brueggusbrueggus Member, IPv6 Advocate

@shunglay said:
    hello, if I ordered bundles for 2 years, can I get the double resource upgrades?

Thanked by 2TimboJones bdl
  • So I ordered a NYC vm, they provided one in Florida. I asked if they can fix this or cancel and refund entirely. They've ignored my ticket for last three days. New buyers be aware of this!

• I'll be disputing my PayPal transaction shortly if the response isn't received.

• @notarobo said:

@caracal said:
    Buying the bundle is literally putting all eggs in a basket — should I?

you should buy a second bundle from another provider as backup

Holy shit. This should be a thing. Providers teaming up with other providers in different locations to offer big bundles.

• @ColderCoder said:
    Hi. I want to change my annually Chicago 1TB product to biennially so that i can get doubled RAM and +20 TB free bandwidth.
    Can you kindly check ticket #860088 ? Thank you.

Buy a new server. You don't get to take advantage of two promos on one server.

Thanked by 1miu
  • @xavcon said:
    So I ordered a NYC vm, they provided one in Florida. I asked if they can fix this or cancel and refund entirely. They've ignored my ticket for last three days. New buyers be aware of this!

wait you ordered 3 days ago!? Hosthatch only posted the offer yesterday so you must be a magician!

And how does he provide a Florida VM if they don't even have servers in Florida? You trippin

Thanked by 2skorous webcraft
  • @xavcon said:
    I'll be disputing my PayPal transaction shortly if the response isn't received.

Sure, then get added to Fraud Record and have trouble buying anywhere else. First, it's no refunds, and second, give them a chance to fix it. They haven't even refused a refund, so if you open a dispute, you're a bad customer and we'll all know it.

Thanked by 2bdl miu
  • @Salomon123 said:

@xavcon said:
    So I ordered a NYC vm, they provided one in Florida. I asked if they can fix this or cancel and refund entirely. They've ignored my ticket for last three days. New buyers be aware of this!

wait you ordered 3 days ago!? Hosthatch only posted the offer yesterday so you must be a magician!

And how does he provide a Florida VM if they don't even have servers in Florida? You trippin

Sounds like a GeoIP issue and he went whiny bitch mode. Will he apologize and close the support ticket before HH responds "wtf are you talking about?" Doubtful.

Thanked by 1miu
  • @xavcon said: So I ordered a NYC vm, they provided one in Florida. I asked if they can fix this or cancel and refund entirely. They've ignored my ticket for last three days. New buyers be aware of this!

The IP might geolocate to Florida but they dont have Florida servers...

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • Daniel15Daniel15 Veteran
    edited August 2021

@fragpic said: Are private VLANs coming soon?
    Want to get more VPS but lack of this feature is holding me back.

+1
    I remember reading somewhere that it might come at the end of June 2021. I opened a ticket asking about this on June 25 and haven't heard anything yet. The ticket is still open but no comments yet.

@digitalwicked said:
    Sensational pricing for Sydney VPS - performance has been excellent for price on my existing ones.

The only issue with Sydney is that they don't support IPv6 there any more :(

@jerry_me said:
    Is it still possible to distribute IPv6? I have a use for it.

They have IPv6 in most locations.

• @JoeMerit said:

@xavcon said: So I ordered a NYC vm, they provided one in Florida. I asked if they can fix this or cancel and refund entirely. They've ignored my ticket for last three days. New buyers be aware of this!

The IP might geolocate to Florida but they dont have Florida servers...

As you say they don't have servers in Florida. HH's mailing address is in Florida. Also possible that there is no geolocation issue and the poster just doesn't know how to read whois (e.g. looking at 'abuse' section).

Thanked by 2bdl miu
  • DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

@xavcon said:

@xavcon said: I'll be disputing my PayPal transaction shortly if the response isn't received.

Providers need to be aware of people like you.

• @xavcon said:

go ahead. PayPal might just award in your favour along with a free sanitary pad.

Thanked by 1TimboJones
  • Still waiting for SG

• TeoMTeoM Member

@hosthatch It is possible to combine the black Friday special server with that ?

So I have an 4GB RAM NVME for 30 bucks and would like to pay bianually so that I can get 15TB + double RAM and storage.

• waiting for storage vps

• @TeoM said:
    @hosthatch It is possible to combine the black Friday special server with that ?

So I have an 4GB RAM NVME for 30 bucks and would like to pay bianually so that I can get 15TB + double RAM and storage.

If possible, your BF server had to be prorated since your billing date should be December or something in half a year.

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@Daniel15 said:

@digitalwicked said:
    Sensational pricing for Sydney VPS - performance has been excellent for price on my existing ones.

@jerry_me said:

Not in Chicago storage plan :s
    There's no IPv6 button.

• Yeah, it's a ticket request.

• @yoursunny said:

@Daniel15 said:

@digitalwicked said:

@jerry_me said:

Not in Chicago storage plan :s
    There's no IPv6 button.

It's not on by default for some reason. You need to open a ticket.

• miumiu Member
    edited August 2021

@xavcon said:

@xavcon said:

Apologies BUT:

Honestly, I'm sorry when quality providers like HH are harassed by shitty users like you. Instead of being grateful for how much value they give for these money, you disgust them at work. This is still lowend prices level, and If u need response within minutes or less than 1 hour, order similar VPS with 10x more higher price from other provider where it is in price included and they can pay large amount of support representative from such prices, ready serving you faster as u r asking. But do not expect it at $15/y (but still quality and valuable) VPSes, when only standalone IPv4 nowadays costs at most other providers more. Dumb people like you should be banned from buying VPSes from good providers.

BTW: And i am on 1000% sure - the reason why you need have received response IMMEDIATELY when they are just now OVERWHELMED by many orders (+ it's WEEKEND!! = their support is working in limited mode), will definitely be extremely important / matter of life and death, or loss of MILLIONS (for your $15+/y)

And For many others I can say: I have had dozens of VPS at HH for years and I have been more than quite satisfied for years, w minimum opened tickets and tech issues. So i do not cry "ahh this support is slow" and I'm definitely not afraid that if they lose "valuable" customers like you, they go bankrupt

• @TeoM said:

No

Thanked by 1bdl
  • I got mail that "New Server Online".
    But until now I can't connect VPS. It always show "Connection Timed Out"
    All the ways Putty ping or browser.
    I try to reinstall OS form OS template or ISO. But It's still had the same problem.

• @Panit said:
    I got mail that "New Server Online".
    I try to reinstall OS form OS template or ISO. But It's still had the same problem.

Can you login from console?

Thanked by 1Panit
  • @chocolateshirt said:

@Panit said:

I can login to HostHatch server console. It's show server is running. I try VNC console It show login prompt. But I can't login with root pass that the system show and the new generated pass too.

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

@Panit said:

@chocolateshirt said:

@Panit said:

I can login to HostHatch server console. It's show server is running. I try VNC console It show login prompt. But I can't login with root pass that the system show and the new generated pass too.

So reinstall? :)

Thanked by 1Panit
  • dfroedfroe Member, Host Rep

@Panit said:
    I try VNC console It show login prompt. But I can't login with root pass that the system show and the new generated pass too.

When using VNC, make sure the password is really entered correctly.
    With VNC and all kind of keyboard mappings entering characters can be a pita if they are not exactly the same on all keyboard layouts (your physical keyboard, vnc mapping and the keyboard layout configured on the server).
    You can double check by first typing the password as username (without actually logging in) so you can see whether your characters are entered as expected.

Thanked by 2Panit webcraft
  • miumiu Member
    edited August 2021

@Panit said:

@chocolateshirt said:

@Panit said:

option A ) Reinstall on new from template

option B ) Reset root pass in current OS installation by booting into Single User Mode from Linux GRUB: https://www.tecmint.com/reset-forgotten-root-password-in-debian/

or last option C ) Cancel VPS and open paypal dispute like @xavcon :D :D :D

• can i have chicago test IP?