Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Deploy high quality NVMe VMs in 14 global locations, with consistent performance - EU/US/APAC - Page 5
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Deploy high quality NVMe VMs in 14 global locations, with consistent performance - EU/US/APAC

Comments

• @iqbal said:
    can i have chicago test IP?

http://lg.chi.hosthatch.com/

• PanitPanit Member
    edited August 2021

I just reinstall Ubuntu OS and now I can login via VNC console but I still can't login via putty terminus then I try to ping to the server IP. It's always show "Connection Timed Out"

• miumiu Member
    edited August 2021

@Panit said:
    I just reinstall Ubuntu OS and now I can login via VNC console but I still can't login via putty terminus

1) nano /etc/ssh/sshd_config
    2) find line PermitRootLoginand set there yes
    3) service sshd restart

DONE, root login will work also remotely from SSH terminal

If is VPS unreachable from net, i assume bad config in interfaces file is most/first probable reason

Thanked by 1Panit
  • @miu said:

@Panit said:
    I just reinstall Ubuntu OS and now I can login via VNC console but I still can't login via putty terminus

1) nano /etc/ssh/sshd_config
    2) find line PermitRootLoginand set there yes
    3) service sshd restart

DONE, root login will work also remotely from SSH terminal

If is VPS unreachable from net, i assume bad config in interfaces file is most/first probable reason

Thank you sir.
    I'm assume the VPS unreachable from net.
    I create new ticket to Hosthatch support about 3 hours ago but without any responded.

• GreenPeaceGreenPeace Member
    edited August 2021

I placed an order last night, server came online approximately between 2/3 hours. Opened a ticket with my order to Double my resources as I paid for 2 years plan

2 CPU cores (50% dedicated, burstable up to 200%)
    4 GB RAM
    20 GB NVMe SSD
    5 TB bandwidth
    $30 per year
    Pay for two years - get doubled RAM, storage, and +15 TB free bandwidth

. Ticket reply was pretty quick that its done although I was told in the ticket "Note that the panel will still show the original specifications, however your actual server has been upgraded". Then I reinstalled as the server but when I use Top or Htop. It shows the same resources. Anyone having this issue? Thank you.

• PanitPanit Member
    edited August 2021

@GreenPeace said:
    I placed an order last night, server came online approximately between 2/3 hours. Opened a ticket with my order to Double my resources as I paid for 2 years plan

2 CPU cores (50% dedicated, burstable up to 200%)
    4 GB RAM
    20 GB NVMe SSD
    5 TB bandwidth
    $30 per year
    Pay for two years - get doubled RAM, storage, and +15 TB free bandwidth

. Ticket reply was pretty quick that its done although I was told in the ticket "Note that the panel will still show the original specifications, however your actual server has been upgraded". Then I reinstalled as the server but when I use Top or Htop. It shows the same resources. Anyone having this issue? Thank you.

Me too.

Thanked by 1GreenPeace
  • bdlbdl Member
    edited August 2021

@Panit - rather than assume anything, use the Hosthatch VNC console to check that your VPS has started and try and ping out from it, to see if it has an internet connection

@GreenPeace - best to reply to the ticket you already have open rather than ask randoms on an Internet forum

Thanked by 1TimboJones
  • @bdl said:
    @Panit - rather than assume anything, use the Hosthatch VNC console to check that your VPS has started and try and ping out from it, to see if it has an internet connection

@GreenPeace - best to reply to the ticket you already have open rather than ask randoms on an Internet forum

I did open a ticket. I am just sharing the problems I am facing. I just wanted to be sure if I am facing this issue or someone else. So looks like I am not alone.

Thanked by 1webcraft
  • Now I'm sure my VPS is cutout from internet. And I don't know why or how to fix its.
    Without tutorial or document for hosthatch in-house control panel.

May be I have to waiting for the support team answer my ticket. :( :'(

• @Panit said: May be I have to waiting for the support team answer my ticket

yes.

Thanked by 2Panit miu
  • @GreenPeace said:

@bdl said:

I did open a ticket. I am just sharing the problems I am facing. I just wanted to be sure if I am facing this issue or someone else. So looks like I am not alone.

It indeed seems like someone else one or two days ago posted in one of hosthatchs recent threads that their old BF plan is showing up with half specs on the panel (VPS has full specs though, apprent). Strange they changed the description.

Thanked by 1GreenPeace
  • @webcraft said:

@GreenPeace said:

@bdl said:

It indeed seems like someone else one or two days ago posted in one of hosthatchs recent threads that their old BF plan is showing up with half specs on the panel (VPS has full specs though, apprent). Strange they changed the description.

Hosthatch support told me the same, as the double resources won't be visible at the panel but will be available to use. But when I check it from htop or bashtop, I don't see the double resources. I did open a ticket so now waiting for the ticket response.

• all the peoples with no increase in resource , re install os again from panel.

• My BF Server 2020 Promotional Package NVMe 2G has been downgraded to Promotional Package NVMe 1G

• @chitypo said:
    My BF Server 2020 Promotional Package NVMe 2G has been downgraded to Promotional Package NVMe 1G

Only in the panel description (the package name in their webpanel) or have your machine been downgraded?

• hosthatchhosthatch Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

We re-use packages from time to time. The specs of your actual server are always what you have from when you ordered, they never change.

Also - this is the last time we will do anything at the $15 and lower per year level. IP pricing is 3x higher than it was before, so any future promotions will be only higher spec plans where we don't lose money because of IPv4 (and they'll likely be a few $ higher).

We've never and will likely never change the pricing for existing customers, so now would be your last chance to buy at these prices.

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy
    edited August 2021

@hosthatch said: now would be your last chance to buy at these prices.

Thanked by 1miu
  • Can I get a geekbench5 score for the 3xvcpu package. Thx

• @hosthatch said:
    We re-use packages from time to time. The specs of your actual server are always what you have from when you ordered, they never change.

Also - this is the last time we will do anything at the $15 and lower per year level. IP pricing is 3x higher than it was before, so any future promotions will be only higher spec plans where we don't lose money because of IPv4 (and they'll likely be a few $ higher).

We've never and will likely never change the pricing for existing customers, so now would be your last chance to buy at these prices.

How about NAT storage offers :wink:

Thanked by 1lanefu
  • I buy a bundle and then some of the services have been on suspend and the bandwidth capacity for Hong Kong and Sydney is incorrect.

There has been no response to the ticket, and I would like to attach IPv6 to each instance.

Invoice #241768

@dosai said:

How about NAT storage offers :wink:

Let's see in the future, but unlikely we'll go that way.

@jerry_me said: I buy a bundle and then some of the services have been on suspend and the bandwidth capacity for Hong Kong and Sydney is incorrect.

Sorry about that. But no worries as long as you have an open ticket, we'll get it fixed :)

• Will the network in Milano and Madrid be upgraded soon? LG still shows something around 1GBit/s (while Amsterdam is 40GBit/s according to your last thread).

• @hosthatch said: Sorry about that. But no worries as long as you have an open ticket, we'll get it fixed

So, are HK and Sydney in the bundle supposed to have 1TB bandwidth?

• @hosthatch Any idea why some people are stilling not getting double resources after hosthatch doubled it? Thank you.

Thanked by 1Panit
  • @hosthatch would it be possible to have a small bundle for just 4 locations?

• edited August 2021

Very happy with mine.

• Yeah maybe worth adding to the OP info about the doubling if its not automatic, FWIW no sign of it on mine either. Tried rebooting and reinstalling. I'll wait till after the sale and then request it, not urgent.

@webcraft said: Will the network in Milano and Madrid be upgraded soon?

I don't have an ETA for you unfortunately.

@larmarat said: Yeah maybe worth adding to the OP info about the doubling if its not automatic, FWIW no sign of it on mine either. Tried rebooting and reinstalling. I'll wait till after the sale and then request it, not urgent.

Sorry, yes, should have clarified in the OP that it's not automatic.

We're upgrading servers as we set them up. Please open a ticket if yours is not upgraded and we'll take care of it.

@plumberg said:
    @hosthatch would it be possible to have a small bundle for just 4 locations?

No I'm afraid not.

Thanked by 1larmarat
  • @plumberg said:
    @hosthatch would it be possible to have a small bundle for just 4 locations?

No I'm afraid not.

Oh. BF 2020 I got the Yolo for 10 locations.. and I requested other yolo package with other locations, but was told I am late

Is it possible to combine the BF yolo with all locations and I pay difference pls?
    @hosthatch

Thanks

• @hosthatch can I buy two multi-location bundles for double specs in each location? (2 core, 2G, 20GB, 2T?) What about multi-year doubling? Thanks. ;)