Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Black Friday 2021 - NVMe and Storage deals - Deploy in 16 global locations (APAC/EU/US) - Page 5
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Black Friday 2021 - NVMe and Storage deals - Deploy in 16 global locations (APAC/EU/US)

Comments

• @hosthatch
    I paid for an order for a location in Hong Kong. I want to know if I have a good experience from Mainland China. :D

• hfdemhfdem Member
    edited November 2021

@hosthatch @Emil
    Thank you!

• @Emil said:

@orion504 said:
    UI is nice and clean, however there are some bugs that I cannot see any services for my account, although I can access to them all. Not a big deal, but might need to contact customer support to fix so that I can renew mine. There is one catch in upstream to Cogent network, but everyone knows that Cogent sucks :sweat_smile: Great service in general, up and running for 400+ days now :)

Cloud.hosthatch.com is currently only for BF preorders and you can only see the new services that you order through the new panel. You will be able to manage your existing servers there in a few weeks, but for now you have to continue using manage.hosthatch.com for them.

What do you mean about Cogent though? We don't have that much traffic going via Cogent. It's in the mix in some locations but mostly for redundancy purposes. If there's a bad route please open a ticket and we'll fixit.

Oh true, I can access via manage.* now. Thanks. About cogent, no, it's not a bad route, just a random disconnection to my upstream service on Cogent network (happens to Level 3 as well, but less frequent). I think I opened a ticket before, could not be solved, but we all know that it's network provider's issue, not HH's issue, so really cannot complain. Otherwise, everything is running smoothly.

• Will there be any all-in-one batch pack just like last year’s?

• @Emil @hosthatch
    Will there be a notice sent out about upgrades to new services for existing clients?

Thanks!

• EmilEmil Member, Host Rep

@PhantomPain said:
    Will there be any all-in-one batch pack just like last year’s?

Too early to say. Might do some flash deals for the locations where the demand is lower, no promises though.

@johhhn said:
    @Emil @hosthatch
    Will there be a notice sent out about upgrades to new services for existing clients?

Thanks!

Yes we will, once we are ready for it, inform all existing clients about what options they have if they want to upgrade to newer hardware and/or cloud features.

Thanked by 1sportingdan
  • Thanks @Emil ! Oh- one other question,, an invoice was generated for my two year 10TB promo from last year,, should I worry about that invoice? Thanks! 😊

@johhhn said:
    @Emil @hosthatch

Thanks!

Yes we will, once we are ready for it, inform all existing clients about what options they have if they want to upgrade to newer hardware and/or cloud features.

• coffincoffin Member
    edited November 2021

I seem to be getting an error when I try to order the Compute #3

UPDATE: Poked around in the HTTP response data and my hostname was just too short!

Thanked by 1Emil
  • SelykgSelykg Member
    edited November 2021

Are the transfer (bandwidth) limits for storage VMs per month or per billing cycle?

• @Selykg said:
    Are the transfer (bandwidth) limits for storage VMs per month or per billing cycle?

why people always ask that stupid question? show me one recent offer from any provider who counts bandwidth yearly or the likes. simply does not exist ...

Thanked by 2miu webcraft
  • @Falzo said:

@Selykg said:

why people always ask that stupid question? show me one recent offer from any provider who counts bandwidth yearly or the likes. simply does not exist ...

Stupid to you maybe, but I’ve never prepaid for a year in advance for a VPS. It’s a simple question, no need to be an ass about it. You can be helpful or you can be a smartass.

• @Selykg said:

@Falzo said:

@Selykg said:

Stupid to you maybe, but I’ve never prepaid for a year in advance for a VPS. It’s a simple question, no need to be an ass about it. You can be helpful or you can be a smartass.

smartass it is then. you must be new here. welcome.

• @Selykg said:

@Falzo said:

@Selykg said:

if I remember correctly there was one Romanian provider with wooden racks who offered/counted traffic as 24TB/yr :D

Thanked by 3Falzo yoursunny tux
  • EmilEmil Member, Host Rep

Bandwidth are always counted monthly (resets 1st of each month).

Internal traffic via private networking is not counted.

@coffin said:
    UPDATE: Poked around in the HTTP response data and my hostname was just too short!

Thanks for the troubleshooting :) We'll have that fixed right away.

• kalimov622kalimov622 Member
    edited November 2021

Would love to see some 1GB RAM plans as well for Tokyo and Singapore. I probably have every other location with you guys.

• @Emil said:

@coffin said:

Thanks for the troubleshooting :) We'll have that fixed right away.

I still can't finalize the order even with a long hostname (ticket 746635).
    Thanks.

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

@DP said:
    How long will the invoice(s) be valid?

I currently have issues with payment.

It appears that I'm being charged but it doesn't go through on the panel.

@Emil - Just tagging you since you might've overlooked this.

• hosthatchhosthatch Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@kalimov622 said:
    Would love to see some 1GB RAM plans as well for Tokyo and Singapore. I probably have every other location with you guys.

We cannot do anything lower than $17/year (likely will be changed to $20/year in the coming couple of days) due to increase in IPv4 costs.

• kalimov622kalimov622 Member
    edited November 2021

Correct, too bad but I'll take it eitherway. Tokyo was on my list for this blak friday and it makes it even better that hosthatch offers this location now.

I also had a dream: hosthatch expanding to South America :)

• pbxpbx Member
    edited November 2021

@hosthatch said: due to increase in IPv4 costs.

IPv6-only plans would be nice for storage VMs. Some people could totally do without an IPv4 for backup servers.

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • or NATs. Pretty sure backup servers could use NATs :) IPv6 only could be problematic, NATs little less.

• In the JSON responses in the new panel, the client object has a statistics field, which has a revenue field, which has gross, expenses and income fields. Are users supposed to see that? 👀

Thanked by 1klikli
  • i thought this year hosthatch have storage for AUS :bawling:
    So it can connect internally with my vps in AUS

@Daniel15 said:
    In the JSON responses in the new panel, the client object has a statistics field, which has a revenue field, which has gross, expenses and income fields. Are users supposed to see that? 👀

It's not like we have any other way to contact us privately, but thanks :)

Thanked by 1wcypierre
  • @JabJab said: IPv6 only could be problematic, NATs little less.

Yeah this could be very nice. An high quality NAT server can be used for a lot of things.

• @hosthatch said:

@kalimov622 said:

We cannot do anything lower than $17/year (likely will be changed to $20/year in the coming couple of days) due to increase in IPv4 costs.

I haven't found my credentials and logged on yet.
    Some doubts after reading the last couple pages:
    Is a $17/yr option available if we can make do with 1gb ram, or is $34 the minimum payable for nvme specials (2yrs, 2gb ram)?

• NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran

@JabJab said: or NATs. Pretty sure backup servers could use NATs IPv6 only could be problematic, NATs little less.

Not so easy. For example, NAT requires DDoS protection.

Or would you be fine with your VPS being nullrouted when your neighbor gets attacked? ;)

Thanked by 2pbx tux
  • @hosthatch said:

@Daniel15 said:
    In the JSON responses in the new panel, the client object has a statistics field, which has a revenue field, which has gross, expenses and income fields. Are users supposed to see that? 👀

It's not like we have any other way to contact us privately, but thanks :)

Sorry - I wasn't sure if it'd get lost in your PMs given you're probably getting a million of them with people asking for custom deals or whatever

• Will we get Singapore Storage this Season?

@vimalware said:
    I haven't found my credentials and logged on yet.
    Some doubts after reading the last couple pages:
    Is a $17/yr option available if we can make do with 1gb ram, or is $34 the minimum payable for nvme specials (2yrs, 2gb ram)?

Only possible to buy the 2 years 2gb ram at the moment.

@Daniel15 said:

Sorry - I wasn't sure if it'd get lost in your PMs given you're probably getting a million of them with people asking for custom deals or whatever

All good :) thanks for pointing it out, its fixed now.

@icry said:
    Will we get Singapore Storage this Season?

In Q1 2022 hopefully

Thanked by 3vimalware icry K4Y5
This discussion has been closed.