Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hetzner Online chitchat - Page 16
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Hetzner Online chitchat

Comments

• Hetzner_OLHetzner_OL Member, Top Host

Hi @webmasteroffers - Hundreds of people try to create fake accounts with us every week. So our team is careful - perhaps overly careful - about accepting new accounts. If the information in a customer's account is incomplete, incorrect, or seems unusual for some reason, we will reject that account. And we don't publish what specifically in the account raised red flags. If we told this to every customer whose account we rejected, it would be very easy for abusers to create fake accounts. We don't mean to be harsh or unfriendly with our policy. We just want to prevent potential abuse. --Katie

• jlayjlay Member
    edited November 2021

Excited to finally have the multi-core options/pricing of Hetzner, but much better latency! I've got some migrating to do...

Here's to more services/locations (within the states) -- Ashburn is a sensible start, but central/west eagerly awaits :smile:

Thanked by 1Hetzner_OL
  • @nanankcornering said:

@webmasteroffers said:
    Hetzner does not accept my photo ID for verification and canceled the registered account without any reason. Seem, they're not really friendly.

Did you use govt. ID or passport?

Yes. I've captured my GOV ID and uploaded both the front and backside to their website. But got rejected.

• NetDynamics24NetDynamics24 Member, Host Rep

@webmasteroffers said:
    Hetzner does not accept my photo ID for verification and canceled the registered account without any reason. Seem, they're not really friendly.

You can look for a reseller of their services.

• edited November 2021

@Hetzner_OL said:
    Hi @webmasteroffers - Hundreds of people try to create fake accounts with us every week. So our team is careful - perhaps overly careful - about accepting new accounts. If the information in a customer's account is incomplete, incorrect, or seems unusual for some reason, we will reject that account. And we don't publish what specifically in the account raised red flags. If we told this to every customer whose account we rejected, it would be very easy for abusers to create fake accounts. We don't mean to be harsh or unfriendly with our policy. We just want to prevent potential abuse. --Katie

I don't know about your system. But just like Wordpress, always have spammers there but we need a way to prevent them, not prevent real clients.

If you ask me to take the GOV ID with my real face then I can do too. But you didn't do that and just rejected the registration and cancel the account. It looks like "You're a fake. I am sure", in fact, I am not.

• pedagangpedagang Member
    edited November 2021

@webmasteroffers said:
    It looks like "You're a fake. I am sure", in fact, I am not.

try with other email and real data id/passport and don't used vpn

• next singapore, please :#

• @Hetzner_OL Hi. On the server creation page lowest server is priced 3.49 on germany and finland location. But When I click to usa location prices go up to 3.99 and price doesnt decrease when ı select germany or finland back. I think this is a bug.

• @pedagang said:

@webmasteroffers said:
    It looks like "You're a fake. I am sure", in fact, I am not.

try with other email and real data id/passport and don't used vpn

Yeap, maybe the reason is I used VPN to surf the web. New registration without VPN gets approved.

• @Hetzner_OL

Are there any plans to upgrade the EX-LINE servers by adding new Intel 12th gen CPUs in 2022?

• @uzaysan said: @Hetzner_OL Hi. On the server creation page lowest server is priced 3.49 on germany and finland location. But When I click to usa location prices go up to 3.99 and price doesnt decrease when ı select germany or finland back. I think this is a bug.

This is NOT a bug.

The cheapest server costing 3.49 is an Intel sever, and the USA region only supports their AMD cloud servers, the cheapest of which costs 3.99.

You can see all the servers, prices, cpus and region availabiliity on this page: https://www.hetzner.com/cloud

• @uzaysan said:
    @Hetzner_OL Hi. On the server creation page lowest server is priced 3.49 on germany and finland location. But When I click to usa location prices go up to 3.99 and price doesnt decrease when ı select germany or finland back. I think this is a bug.

Take a look at the type instance that is being selected. The lowest price server in Germany/Finland is the CX11. When you then choose Ashburn, the lowest price is a CPX11, which is the higher priced AMD. Now, flip back to Germany/Finland and CPX is still the selected one. However, the cheaper CX11 is still there. So, I'm not seeing any problem.

Thanked by 2Hetzner_OL uzaysan

@LightBlade said:
    next singapore, please :#

I'll pass on that feedback. We're always on the lookout for possible future locations.

@afn said:
    Are there any plans to upgrade the EX-LINE servers by adding new Intel 12th gen CPUs in 2022?

Hmm. To be 100% honest, I am not sure what the product development team is tinkering with in their workshop at the moment. As a general rule, we don't post plans or roadmaps for upcoming products in advance. We prefer to make sure those new products are ready to go and then we post announcements on our website and social media channels and watch everyone get excited about the news. --Katie

Thanked by 1LightBlade
  • Yeah, the intel EX-42 is long due for an upgrade. EX4x should at least have 10th+ gen processor. It shouldn't necessarily be an i7 as a newer gen i5 at that price would be better in efficiency and performance. I just hope they don't use non-GPU Intel CPUs if they every decide to upgrade EX line.

Thanked by 1AXYZE
  • @xetsys said:
    Yeah, the intel EX-42 is long due for an upgrade. EX4x should at least have 10th+ gen processor. It shouldn't necessarily be an i7 as a newer gen i5 at that price would be better in efficiency and performance. I just hope they don't use non-GPU Intel CPUs if they every decide to upgrade EX line.

Yea we should habe at least 10400 by now

Thanked by 1afn
  • varwwwvarwww Member
    edited November 2021

I think this is the first time I have seen a Hetzner advert on youtube - Sadly the 20 USD coupon code TECHQUICKIE21 only works for new customers

Oh, I'm glad you found that one. :) We started working with the TechQuickie team a few weeks ago. We've also recently sponsored some videos on der8auer's channel. --Katie

Thanked by 1varwww
  • I guess AlderLake 10600K/F will be new fast single thread 'budget' cpu to wait for.

But from a DC power provisioning perspective, the Ryzens scale energy usage so linearly.

• @Hetzner_OL said:
    Oh, I'm glad you found that one. :) We started working with the TechQuickie team a few weeks ago. We've also recently sponsored some videos on der8auer's channel. --Katie

Katie i think i found something intresting regards AX lines!
    Regard the issue i had with AX61,
    After digging at hetzner Forum, talking with few Let memebers, all conclude to an issue with motherboard, to be more specific an specific brand with AX models.
    All the people reported the issue within Hetzner forum and people i talked in LET and discord all of them had motherboard of Asrockrack, after alot of digging at Asrockrack and other forums, people does report around say behavior with amd cpus with no fix availbale and even on windows not only with linux.

I guess it worth forward it to your hardware team, so maybe if the research it and found the issue within this motherboard brand, it be worth to not longer offer new servers? or ask Asrockrack to develop a BIOS fix to it?

• @varwww said:
    I think this is the first time I have seen a Hetzner advert on youtube - Sadly the 20 USD coupon code TECHQUICKIE21 only works for new customers

LTT also had a Hetzner AD, IDK which video exactly, but I do remember seeing it

Thanked by 1Hetzner_OL

@Advicerxyz - Do you have a server that might be affected by this? Have you been experiencing issues yourself? If so, then I suggest contacting the support team directly. Share any documentation you have and let them know what workarounds you have tried. (This is my general response to this kind of question, not specifically for this specific situation with Asrockrack.) If there are issues on the hardware manufacturer's end, our team needs to try to document it as best as possible, so communicating with them is key. And if it's clear that your performance is suffering or that something is actually defective, they will switch it out.

@bkj - Yes, I think you're correct. I have to admit that I haven't been very involved with the LTT/Linus videos and our sponsorship of them. But one of my colleagues has really enjoyed working with his team so far. :)

You all may have already noticed that we're running a Black Week sale. But if you haven't, check it out! It's a free setup fee sale that covers all most all the AX and PX dedicated root servers. --Katie

• ## we want to see hetzner in asia.

@adanforest - I can pass that onto our business development team. Right now, we're taking things step by step with the new location in Ashburn, Virginia, USA. But we are keeping an eye out for other possible opportunities for the future. Thanks for the feedback! -- Katie

• I am interested in your dedicated and cloud servers.
    I want to know how are traffic between cloud and dedicated server accounted, as internal traffic or as outgoing/incoming?
    I have a fast read on your document and a search, but got no exact result.

I saw something like https://docs.hetzner.com/cloud/networks/connect-dedi-vswitch/ , does this used for internal traffic?

• @OstCollector said:
    I am interested in your dedicated and cloud servers.
    I want to know how are traffic between cloud and dedicated server accounted, as internal traffic or as outgoing/incoming?

I saw something like https://docs.hetzner.com/cloud/networks/connect-dedi-vswitch/ , does this used for internal traffic?

https://docs.hetzner.com/cloud/billing/faq/#how-do-you-bill-for-traffic

Internal traffic includes:

Other Hetzner Cloud servers with the same network zone via their public IPs
    Other Hetzner Cloud servers via private communications using the Networks feature
    Hetzner Online dedicated root servers
    Other Hetzner Online servers, services, or web hosting packages

• @rick2610 said:

@OstCollector said:
    I am interested in your dedicated and cloud servers.

https://docs.hetzner.com/cloud/billing/faq/#how-do-you-bill-for-traffic

Internal traffic includes:

Other Hetzner Cloud servers with the same network zone via their public IPs
    Other Hetzner Cloud servers via private communications using the Networks feature
    Hetzner Online dedicated root servers
    Other Hetzner Online servers, services, or web hosting packages

Thank you. Seems I used wrong keywords when search.

Thanked by 1Hetzner_OL

@rick2610 - Thanks for providing a quick and correct answer and the link. :) :)

@OstCollector - No worries. It can be somewhat tricky at times to find things on Hetzner Docs. It's something we're working on bit by bit.

• Also is it possible to replace default disk with larger in dedicated servers, or only able to add new disks?

• @OstCollector said:
    Also is it possible to replace default disk with larger in dedicated servers, or only able to add new disks?

It's usually possible to replace the default disk, but it varies by server type. You can see a rundown of the options on this page: https://docs.hetzner.com/robot/dedicated-server/general-information/root-server-hardware/

• ericlsericls Member, Patron Provider

Would LOVE to see managed k8s services!