Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

cociu - hostsolutions.ro - NETSILVANIA | Move your services! - Page 70
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

cociu - hostsolutions.ro - NETSILVANIA | Move your services!

Comments

• @jsg said:

@NobodyInteresting said:
    The lengths that you would go to defend him and/or find excuses for him are seriously astonishing :-)

In which universe do you live where saying that someone behaves stupidly, ignorantly, and like an a__hole is considered "defending"?

Let me put it like this: There are people who love to judge, incl. judging prematurely and based on wild speculations. And there are people who like to understand what's actually going on. I tend to be one of the latter. And I like fairness and looking rationally at matters.

Well.. You judge cociu will be back while most of LET members judge cociu is dead shit horse..

• EddingEdding Member

Buy the server(s) and send them for Colocation ? :p

• @Edding said:
    Buy the server(s) and send them for Colocation ? :p

Colocate in his perfume shop basement? Lol

• M2DEVM2DEV Member

If this thread posts number was equal to their communication and solving issues speed, would be the best company ever

• rcy026rcy026 Member

@rcy026 said:

@jsg said:

I think nobody says that @cociu is not behaving like an a__hole. But that doesn't mean he's defrauding his customers.

Well, if he is selling off the hardware he needs to provide the services customers are still paying for, then yes, it does. He is taking payment for services he can not or will not deliver, that is kind of the basic definition of fraud.

(a) he obviously does not provide storage services anymore. That is the context.

Obviously? Why is that obvious? It's still listed on his website, he still have customers paying for that very service, and he has in no way whatsoever indicated to anyone that he is no longer selling storage services. The last piece of information we got from him indicated in every way that he was working on restoring the services. Anyone not on LET would have absolutely no clue that HS even have problems with storage. Even most users on LET is unaware of this! Hell, I read this thread several times a day, and I knew he had problems but I had no idea he no longer provided storage services.
    You have made that conclusion all by yourself, based on very circumstantial evidence, at the same time as you are strongly criticising a lot of people in here for jumping to conclusions. Neither side may not have all the facts, but you are easily making the longest jump of all.

I've always had a lot of respect for you based on your technical knowledge of basically everything, but man, these die-hard refuse-to-admit-I'm-wrong-in-absurdum...tantrums, in lack of a better word, that you sometimes run off on really does not make you look good.

• StrypStryp Member

Can anyone call him to maybe squeeze some information out of him? After sharing his phone number there, he will expect calls and maybe will shed some light on what is going on behind the curtains at HostSolutions.

• FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire

@Stryp said:
    Can anyone call him to maybe squeeze some information out of him? After sharing his phone number there, he will expect calls and maybe will shed some light on what is going on behind the curtains at HostSolutions.

Honestly I was thinking to do that, but I just want to understand more about his difficulties and stuff, as a friend. Sadly I am just too busy to do that now :(

• rcy026rcy026 Member

So does this mean that "involucrated" actually means "for sale" in cociu?

• ChievoChievo Member

@rcy026 said:
    So does this mean that "involucrated" actually means "for sale" in cociu?

A double game? No good behaviour

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

Well the AD I posted is disabled so I'm not sure if that's an indication that the disks have all been sold off, or if the seller, where in this case M.B, has closed it himself, for whatever reason(s).

• @thedp said:
    Well the AD I posted is disabled so I'm not sure if that's an indication that the disks have all been sold off, or if the seller, where in this case M.B, has closed it himself, for whatever reason(s).

Considering that he is 100% reading this thread - he probably took it off, cause it contradicts the "involucration" statements he made.

Thanked by 1serv_ee
  • serverianserverian Member
    edited June 2021

@jsg said:
    In which universe do you live where saying that someone behaves stupidly, ignorantly, and like an a__hole is considered "defending"?

Let me put it like this: There are people who love to judge, incl. judging prematurely and based on wild speculations. And there are people who like to understand what's actually going on. I tend to be one of the latter. And I like fairness and looking rationally at matters.

If there is one person who is irrational on this thread, it's you.

• You are saying that Marius doesn't reply because he's working on "fixing" the issue.

He doesn't even have enough knowledge in the industry to be able to properly lie. What's he going to do to fix? Fix what? 400 failed imaginary HDDs? Or imaginary Netapp instance that takes 400 HDDs?

• You are saying that selling the IPs his paying customers are on is absolutely fine.

These IPs are rented to the paying customers. What would you feel if your land lord sells the house without even telling you and the first thing you see is a moving truck from the new owners?

• You are saying that due to the price hikes he can't replace the imaginary failed HDDs.

Yet, he sells them at the same time you have been defending this idea: https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&u=https://www.olx.ro/d/oferta/hdd-12-tb-seagate-exos-x12-sata3-6gbps-IDeTUde.html

Note this: "The disk is in perfect working order." from the same ad.

Judging can go both ways. You don't understand this. People may judge him negatively or positively without knowing. Some people judge negatively and you judge positively.

You are like a imaginary elf in Marius's dream. I'm sure he'd be laughing his ass off while reading your defense on him. Even he wouldn't think of ways of taking all these this all dreamy and squashy like you do.

People are bashing him here, yes. And some people like you are defending him.

People who are bashing him do not say they are not bashing him. They are being honest.

So be honest and say you are defending him. It's nothing to be ashamed of. You might like the guy for god knows what reason.

Just by saying stuff like "he's behaving stupidly" or "behaving like an asshole" won't cover your tracks.

• JabJabJabJab Member

@NobodyInteresting said: Considering that he is 100% reading this thread - he probably took it off, cause it contradicts the "involucration" statements he made.

Other drives still there, so someone probably bought those. We are still in the Chia-hype
    https://www.olx.ro/d/oferta/hard-disk-hdd-hp-146-gb-sas-10-000-rotatii-minut-2-5-inch-IDcJCjT.html#7e3dc64476

Maybe cociu decided to go NVMe only, because he can actually profit on that systems, lol.

Friendly reminder: If you still have anything from HostSolutions make triple check that your backups works.

Thanked by 1NobodyInteresting
  • iKeyZiKeyZ Veteran
    edited June 2021

@jsg said:

@rcy026 said:

@jsg said:
    My updated guess: cociu stops selling storage products (and refunds all storage customers) and focuses on his newer normal VPS products.

That in itself would not be a bad move, but you (intentionally I guess) left out the fact that his current storage products have a lot of customers that are very unaware of this happening (if this is what is happening).
    Doing it without notifying the current customers of his storage products is a fucking bitch ass move, and to be honest, it crosses the line from neglect to scam!

Yes, he's behaving like an a__hole. But selling systems (and physically transferring them to the new owners at a later point in time, btw) is not a scam. After all he's not pulling out working systems and the customers get refunded anyway.

I myself am a customer (one cheap storage box, 3 yr deal). Frankly, I don't care whether he sells the node my non-working system is on or whether it's there but dead. Either way at the end of the day I don't have a working system. If selling the node means enhancing his capability to refund us I'm fine with it. >

What? I really do not understand your way of thinking here.

There have been no refunds when requested. There has been no communication to tickets, emails, endless posts right here - no replies to chargebacks. He has sold IP addresses that current customers are assigned and now it at least seems like he is selling hardware which could possibly have held customers too.

Lastly billing has not been cancelled on their side, so people with subscriptions set up/with credit are still being charged for a service that can not be used. I mean, I'm not sure how you can not call this a scam.

...and before you say it, yes, I know they have other servers up, but that has nothing to do with what is happening with the topic here.

• JabJabJabJab Member

Oh, also no idea if you guys actually took a closer look at those listings.

Postat 31 mai 2021
    Posted 31 may 2021.

That shit is like 2 weeks old... imagine how much of those sold out already and he removed listings.

marius Pe OLX din mai 2012
    marius Registered on OLX may 2012

• LeviLevi Member
    edited June 2021

Let us call heavy artillery by summoning @TimboJones , @Maounique

Boyz, let us hear your thoughts.

Thanked by 1alilet
  • and here we go again, coicu keep on giving and i thought drama is over

• FalzoFalzo Member

this is entertainment at its best... let's squeeze some more shit out of it!

• henixhenix Member

https://www.olx.ro/d/oferta/hp-proliant-dl160-server-g6-2x-x5650-16gb-ram-12-procesoare-24-threads-IDcJCfn.html#7e3dc64476

hmmm this is the cpu my storage server had..
    some translation:

Following an upgrade we are selling 200 servers with the next configuration:
    blablabla

Price per piece, if you buy several the price is negotiable.

blablabla

Thanked by 1titus
  • LeviLevi Member

@Falzo said:
    this is entertainment at its best... let's squeeze some more shit out of it!

There is always something to squeeze out :)

• this thread keeps getting better!!! thank you all for the fun :D

• Considering he is saying they are being sold after an upgrade why havent the customers been moved over?

• @serv_ee said:
    Considering he is saying they are being sold after an upgrade why havent the customers been moved over?

Cause that would imply that he cares about the customers.

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker
    edited June 2021

@NobodyInteresting said:
    It has been a month. This is definitely not premature.

Yes, it is, as in 'we don't have sufficient facts to judge'. Good example: @cociu selling storage node hardware - which can happen for different reasons, one of them being that it's a way to expand his capability to refund the storage customers.
    The problem I often see in this thread is that facts are linked with purely subjective interpretations and concluding an intention.

@serv_ee said:

Uhm. "Speculation" - IP-s are already sold off, now hardware is being sold and still a ton of storage KVM-s are down and people are charging back via Paypal cause they are not getting a refund directly.

Not sure in what world you live in but none of those is speculation anymore.

That isn't the point. Yes, e.g. him selling off storage node hardware is very highly likely a fact, but that is not what I call speculation. The problem, the speculation is in some linking and equating those facts to speculation about intention.

@chocolateshirt said:
    Well.. You judge cociu will be back while most of LET members judge cociu is dead shit horse..

No, I don't judge. I conclude and guess - and I say so.

@rcy026 said:

(a) he obviously does not provide storage services anymore. That is the context.

Obviously? Why is that obvious?

70 pages on LET makes it seem obvious to me.

It's still listed on his website, ... Anyone not on LET would have absolutely no clue that HS even have problems with storage.

Uhm, while I certainly criticize cociu's communications attitude, there is a clear note on the HS website.

Even most users on LET is unaware of this! Hell, I read this thread several times a day, and I knew he had problems but I had no idea he no longer provided storage services.

I've always had a lot of respect for you based on your technical knowledge of basically everything, but man, these die-hard refuse-to-admit-I'm-wrong-in-absurdum...tantrums, in lack of a better word, that you sometimes run off on really does not make you look good.

There have been cases when I was wrong and I clearly admitted that. Maybe it seems that I'm often right because I have the gift to simply not comment in areas I have very limited or no knowledge.

Anyway, this is neither a "who is right?" competition for me nor do I care a lot about looking good.

Frankly, HostSolutions / cociu has had his share of problems and clusterf_cks and many do not trust and/or like him - one thing however was undisputed: he refunds without fuss. So, there actually is a basis for me presuming that he'll refund.

@serverian said:

@jsg said:

• You are saying that Marius doesn't reply because he's working on "fixing" the issue.

No. I said that his priority highly likely was/is to get things working again.

He doesn't even have enough knowledge in the industry to be able to properly lie. What's he going to do to fix? Fix what? 400 failed imaginary HDDs? Or imaginary Netapp instance that takes 400 HDDs?

• You are saying that selling the IPs his paying customers are on is absolutely fine.

No. I say that his selling the IPs does not prove or strongly suggest fraud. And I said that the systems with those IPs are not operational anyway.

These IPs are rented to the paying customers.

No, they are part of a VPS deal and the VPS is dead.

• You are saying that due to the price hikes he can't replace the imaginary failed HDDs.

Seems reasonable to me. After all HDD costs are a very significant factor in a storage VPS deal. If he has to replace the HDDs at significantly higher cost, those deals can quickly turn into losses, especially when they have been tightly calculated.

Yet, he sells them at the same time you have been defending this idea:

Here we go again. I did not defend what he did. I merely stood up against subjective and rather arbitrary judging him.
    Selling e.g. the HDDs can be the result of negative intentions ("scam") but it also can be result of the intention to extend his capability to refund the customers. We simply don't know, so we have no basis to assert that it's "yet more evidence" of him scamming us.

It seems to be alien to you, but you see, making such statements is illegal (or at least in a legal grey zone) in many jurisdictions if one can't prove it. And you can't prove it (nor can I prove that he did it with the intention of refunding his customers).

Note this: "The disk is in perfect working order." from the same ad.

Do you have any evidence, let alone proof, to the contrary? No, you don't. To name one reason: You can assume a lot but you do not know which HDDs he sells.

Judging can go both ways. You don't understand this. People may judge him negatively or positively without knowing. Some people judge negatively and you judge positively.

No, I do not judge him at all. My point wasn't and isn't "cociu is great and a nice guy". My point was and is "you are hand waving a lot and interpreting and speculating a lot. That's not enough to assert that he plans to scam us".

So be honest and say you are defending him. It's nothing to be ashamed of. You might like the guy for god knows what reason.

Blabla. In fact I'm very pissed at cociu, mainly for his virtually not communicating.

not calmly tolerating libel, slandering, bashing != covering or defending.

@iKeyZ said:
    There have been no refunds when requested. There has been no communication to tickets, emails, endless posts right here - no replies to chargebacks. He has sold IP addresses that current customers are assigned and now it at least seems like he is selling hardware which could possibly have held customers too.

Lastly billing has not been cancelled on their side, so people with subscriptions set up/with credit are still being charged for a service that can not be used. I mean, I'm not sure how you can not call this a scam.

I get your point and can understand it. But I disagree insofar as 'not yet refunded' != 'does not refund'. As for not reacting to refund requests I can understand the frustration and anger, but it seems that he was (too long and stupidly IMO) focussed only on getting the systems up and running again. Yes, that is stupid, yes that is utterly unprofessional, yes, that is absolutely not acceptable ... just like his communications during those weeks in general.

But it happened, probably mainly because humans are humans and sometimes ridiculously off the track.
    And it does not prove ill will/bad intentions.But to reasonably guess what it is evidence of I'd need to be a psychiatrist I guess.

• wait he just clearing rack out to put Intel platinums

• He got a lot of issues in the past, but it's the first time he ghost the community like that. Move on, the horse is dead.

• edited June 2021

@jsg said:

@NobodyInteresting said:

Yes, it is, as in 'we don't have sufficient facts to judge'. Good example: @cociu selling storage node hardware - which can happen for different reasons, one of them being that it's a way to expand his capability to refund the storage customers.
    The problem I often see in this thread is that facts are linked with purely subjective interpretations and concluding an intention.

But this is exactly what you're doing. You somehow think that he is selling the servers and the customers IP space so he can do refunds. How is that not a purely subjective interpretation?

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

@NobodyInteresting said:

@jsg said:

@NobodyInteresting said:

But this is exactly what you're doing. You somehow think that he is selling the servers and the customers IP space so he can do refunds. How is that not a purely subjective interpretation?

For example because he doesn't act like a criminal. He could easily provide a different phone number and use a different screen name, but he didn't. And because of timing. A criminal would wait till the storm is over, cociu proceeding however suggests that he tries to get the funds needed to properly refund all his storage customers.

And btw, there are big differences between assuming positive and asserting negative. Plus I tried to stay away from judging the person and focused on looking on what he did/does and how he did/does it. My interest is neither to say that cociu is an evil guy nor that he is a good guy. My interest is to come to a reasonable and sound guesstimate of the situation, of what happened and likely will happen.

Thanked by 1Maounique
  • @jsg said:

@NobodyInteresting said:

@jsg said:

@NobodyInteresting said:

For example because he doesn't act like a criminal. He could easily provide a different phone number and use a different screen name, but he didn't. And because of timing. A criminal would wait till the storm is over, cociu proceeding however suggests that he tries to get the funds needed to properly refund all his storage customers.

At some point I wonder if you're trolling us, or if you are somehow being serious about all that you say.

And btw, there are big differences between assuming positive and asserting negative. Plus I tried to stay away from judging the person and focused on looking on what he did/does and how he did/does it. My interest is neither to say that cociu is an evil guy nor that he is a good guy. My interest is to come to a reasonable and sound guesstimate of the situation, of what happened and likely will happen.

Sorry for being blunt, but you have failed. Not reasonable, and definitely far from sound.

• @NobodyInteresting said:

@jsg said:

@NobodyInteresting said:

@jsg said:

@NobodyInteresting said:

At some point I wonder if you're trolling us, or if you are somehow being serious about all that you say.

Sorry for being blunt, but you have failed. Not reasonable, and definitely far from sound.

So far how I've undersood it is that our opinions and assumptions are all wrong, his however are all golden. Especially what's going to happen next.

However it may just be my broken English.

This discussion has been closed.