Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

cociu - hostsolutions.ro - NETSILVANIA | Move your services! - Page 69
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

cociu - hostsolutions.ro - NETSILVANIA | Move your services!

Comments

• @kuroneko23 said:
    the plot thickens

How much thicker can the plot get? Lol
    He sold IPs, he is selling the servers, topped with the modest "zero communication" frosting haha

• maybe cociu upgrading new storage with Ryzen

Thanked by 1TimboJones
  • iKeyZiKeyZ Veteran

@LTniger said:
    Epic!!! Not only IPs sold, but also hardware is on the line. FFS, this can't be denied even by Borta fan club. Jesus Christ...

I'm sure they will find a way

• Does mr jesus still love cociu?

• edited June 2021

@iKeyZ said:

@LTniger said:
    Epic!!! Not only IPs sold, but also hardware is on the line. FFS, this can't be denied even by Borta fan club. Jesus Christ...

I'm sure they will find a way

Yup!

@notarobo said:
    maybe cociu upgrading new storage with Ryzen

😆

• @LTniger said:
    Borta fan club

Thanked by 1NobodyInteresting
  • iKeyZiKeyZ Veteran

From the page it seems like being sold is;

• 150 x 32GB ECC RAM
    • Multiple HP DL360E G8 Gen8 2x Intel Xeon E5-2450L 8 -Core 8gb ram (no quantity spec'd)
    • Intel xeon x5650 (no quantity spec'd)
    • Multiple HP DL380 Gen9 2U 2xE5-2680 V4 2x8GB 16 GBRAM (no quantity spec'd)
    • Multiple HP DL360E G8 Gen8 2x Intel Xeon E5-2450L 8 -Core 16gb ram (no quantity spec'd)
    • Multiple HP caddies (no quantity spec'd)
    • Multiple HP DL380e G8 2xE5-2450L, 16GB (no quantity spec'd)
    • 50+ HP 146gb SAS
    • Multiple HP DL380e G8 2xE5-2450L, 16GB (no quantity spec'd)
    • Multiple HP proliant DL160 server G6 2x E5530 4GB RAM (no quantity spec'd)
    • Multiple HP proliant DL160 server G6 2x X5650 16GB RAM (no quantity spec'd)

A lot do not have quantities, but state that price goes down from 5+ pieces. Not sure if this is similar HW to what was being used as some seems fairly old (e.g. the SAS drives) although still not ideal.

Thanked by 1Daniel15
  • DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

RO:

Am mai multe bucati , in cazul incare achizitionati peste 5 bucati pretul e negociabil.

EN:

I have several pieces, in case you buy over 5 pieces the price is negotiable.

Thanked by 1lentro
  • This thread will be on 🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥

• LeviLevi Member

Page 69, the drama refreshed! Now we wait for "datacenter" to be sold.

Thanked by 2LowLowLow bulbasaur
  • jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

@kuroneko23 said:

@jsg said:

Seller Marius +40770716883

• There is only one (1) person named "Marius" in Oradea?

There's only one Marius using that phone number
    https://www.ripe.net/membership/indices/data/ro.netsilvania.html

the plot thickens

OK, it's @cociu then. But I don't see a "plot thickening" but rather a strong indicator that cociu either sells off some systems he probably purchased cheaply in quantity because he doesn't need them anymore -or- possibly that he sells the very servers the clusterf_cked storage VPS ran on, both options not looking suspicious to me. I mean what is he supposed to do with boxes that are just good enough for cheap storage servers but probably quite unattractive next to the 26xx v4 (and even Ryzen) based normal VPSs nodes his other products run on.
    Also keep in mind that this sale might also mean that he has more money for refunds (and possibly for enhancing his operations), which actually would be positive.

My updated guess: cociu stops selling storage products (and refunds all storage customers) and focuses on his newer normal VPS products.

• @jsg said: his newer normal VPS products.

Which is worth pointing out, as of right now, are not affected by involucration.

• rcy026rcy026 Member

I might have to retract my previous statement that this does not look like a scam.
    Downtime, non-existent communication skills and plain stupidity is in my book not a scam, but selling of resources while paying customers still cant access what they pay for is.
    If you are going out of business then let the customers know before you pull the plug.

• @jsg said:

@kuroneko23 said:

@jsg said:

Seller Marius +40770716883

• There is only one (1) person named "Marius" in Oradea?

There's only one Marius using that phone number
    https://www.ripe.net/membership/indices/data/ro.netsilvania.html

the plot thickens

OK, it's @cociu then. But I don't see a "plot thickening" but rather a strong indicator that cociu either sells off some systems he probably purchased cheaply in quantity because he doesn't need them anymore -or- possibly that he sells the very servers the clusterf_cked storage VPS ran on, both options not looking suspicious to me. I mean what is he supposed to do with boxes that are just good enough for cheap storage servers but probably quite unattractive next to the 26xx v4 (and even Ryzen) based normal VPSs nodes his other products run on.
    Also keep in mind that this sale might also mean that he has more money for refunds (and possibly for enhancing his operations), which actually would be positive.

My updated guess: cociu stops selling storage products (and refunds all storage customers) and focuses on his newer normal VPS products.

What would it actually take for you to recognize when you're dealing with a sinking ship?
    I applaud the positivity, but god damn man, at some point even you should be able to see that he is on his way out..

• elixirelixir Member
    edited June 2021

@bdl said:

@kuroneko23 said:

@bdl said:
    There goes my Norway :lol:

Huh?

My HS Norway storage box just went involuncrunated.

edit: strange. It was idling with a vanilla debian install and I could access via vnc through the portal but the network was shot. Just rebuilt it with the debian template and it seems to be working again

In my case reboot via the panel worked

System life: 222 days, 16 hours, 47 minutes and 18 seconds

Largest uptime: 211 days, 18 hours, 55 minutes and 33 seconds from 02:19:30 11/16/20

Current uptime: 1 minute and 8 seconds since 09:06:36 06/16/21

Thanked by 1bdl
    edited June 2021

@rcy026 said:
    I might have to retract my previous statement that this does not look like a scam.
    Downtime, non-existent communication skills and plain stupidity is in my book not a scam, but selling of resources while paying customers still cant access what they pay for is.
    If you are going out of business then let the customers know before you pull the plug.

I think nobody says that @cociu is not behaving like an a__hole. But that doesn't mean he's defrauding his customers.

@NobodyInteresting said:
    What would it actually take for you to recognize when you're dealing with a sinking ship?
    I applaud the positivity, but god damn man, at some point even you should be able to see that he is on his way out..

I'm absolutely not excluding the possibility that he'll close HS down. It just doesn't seem very likely to me, but I of course accept that others might have a different opinion; that's not at all a problem for me. I just dislike bashing and kicking a guy who's on the ground and interpreting everything in the worst possible way.

• TheLinuxBugTheLinuxBug Member
    edited June 2021

@cociu be like.....

I've tried, tried, tried, and i've tried even more
    I've cried, cried, cried, and I can't recall what for
    I've pressed, i've pushed, i've yelled, i've begged
    In hopes of some success
    But the inevitable fact is that it never will impress!
    I've no more fucks to give
    My fucks have runeth dry
    I've tried to go fuck shopping but there's no fucks left to buy!
    I've no more fucks to give
    Though more fucks i've tried to get
    I'm over my fuck budget, and i'm now in fucking debt!

Cheers!

• rcy026rcy026 Member

@jsg said:

That in itself would not be a bad move, but you (intentionally I guess) left out the fact that his current storage products have a lot of customers that are very unaware of this happening (if this is what is happening).
    Doing it without notifying the current customers of his storage products is a fucking bitch ass move, and to be honest, it crosses the line from neglect to scam!

Thanked by 2Demindiro iKeyZ
  • He really should make a comment on here with an update.

• rcy026rcy026 Member

@jsg said:

I think nobody says that @cociu is not behaving like an a__hole. But that doesn't mean he's defrauding his customers.

Well, if he is selling off the hardware he needs to provide the services customers are still paying for, then yes, it does. He is taking payment for services he can not or will not deliver, that is kind of the basic definition of fraud.

I have somewhat defended cociu up until this point since I really thought all of this was just an extreme example of stupidity and nativity, but with the hardware being put up for sale, it's just to much. Everything points to cociu simply taking as much money he can and leaving the sinking ship, and he lets the customers go down with it.

Thanked by 2iKeyZ bulbasaur
    edited June 2021

@rcy026 said:

@jsg said:

That in itself would not be a bad move, but you (intentionally I guess) left out the fact that his current storage products have a lot of customers that are very unaware of this happening (if this is what is happening).
    Doing it without notifying the current customers of his storage products is a fucking bitch ass move, and to be honest, it crosses the line from neglect to scam!

Yes, he's behaving like an a__hole. But selling systems (and physically transferring them to the new owners at a later point in time, btw) is not a scam. After all he's not pulling out working systems and the customers get refunded anyway.

I myself am a customer (one cheap storage box, 3 yr deal). Frankly, I don't care whether he sells the node my non-working system is on or whether it's there but dead. Either way at the end of the day I don't have a working system. If selling the node means enhancing his capability to refund us I'm fine with it. >

@dahartigan said:

He really should make a comment on here with an update.

YES. FULL ACK.

@rcy026 said:

@jsg said:

Well, if he is selling off the hardware he needs to provide the services customers are still paying for, then yes, it does. He is taking payment for services he can not or will not deliver, that is kind of the basic definition of fraud.

(a) he obviously does not provide storage services anymore. That is the context.
    (b) If he's still accepting or taking payments for those service then that's another mix of an a__hole and a stupid move - but highly likely unintentional. I mean let's be realistic; of bloody course putting his payment processing system on halt is not his priority. Getting those systems up and running again and/or trying to find the money to refund his storage customers is the priority.

I have somewhat defended cociu up until this point since I really thought all of this was just an extreme example of stupidity and nativity, but with the hardware being put up for sale, it's just to much. Everything points to cociu simply taking as much money he can and leaving the sinking ship, and he lets the customers go down with it.

I respect that view and can understand it but I don't share it nor do I think it's correct. One reason (among others) for not thinking he intends to scam us is the fact that he plays with open cards. Example: How hard do you think it is to get a prepaid mobile card in Romania? But that's not how he acts; he simply put his normal phone number in that offer (selling some servers and stuff) => he's not hiding the fact that he sells that stuff.

• @jsg said:

@rcy026 said:

@jsg said:

Yes, he's behaving like an a__hole. But selling systems (and physically transferring them to the new owners at a later point in time, btw) is not a scam. After all he's not pulling out working systems and the customers get refunded anyway.

I myself am a customer (one cheap storage box, 3 yr deal). Frankly, I don't care whether he sells the node my non-working system is on or whether it's there but dead. Either way at the end of the day I don't have a working system. If selling the node means enhancing his capability to refund us I'm fine with it.

The lengths that you would go to defend him and/or find excuses for him are seriously astonishing :-)

• salakissalakis Member
    edited June 2021

Let's hope that @cociu at least properly wiped the HDDs, else the buyer is in for a treat.

I am afraid that this is the end of the line for his storage servers. Whether HS will return or not, I don't dare to speculate, but still wishing him all the best and that it at least allows him to settle the possible debt and refund some customers.

• @Redzone said: i didn't went for full paypal charge back because only 20 days left for my payment due date.it will not fair with him.ao i didn't tried to charge back at paypal.

I think hostsolutions issues next invoice like 15 days before renewal date, I dunno if it is like how WHMCS works normally, I have no experience with it. But yeah even on my monthly VPS I get invoice issued 15 days before renewal date and like since I have credits, it charges me automatically for it.

edited June 2021

@NobodyInteresting said:
    The lengths that you would go to defend him and/or find excuses for him are seriously astonishing :-)

In which universe do you live where saying that someone behaves stupidly, ignorantly, and like an a__hole is considered "defending"?

Let me put it like this: There are people who love to judge, incl. judging prematurely and based on wild speculations. And there are people who like to understand what's actually going on. I tend to be one of the latter. And I like fairness and looking rationally at matters.

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • @jsg said:

@NobodyInteresting said:

In which universe do you live where saying that someone behaves stupidly, ignorantly, and like an a__hole is considered "defending"?

You keep saying that he will refund, amonth after his shit went down. Calling him an asshole doesn't change the fact that you are one of the very few people who still fails to see that he is in an abusive relationship. It honestly makes you look like you got something in return for defending the undefendable.

Let me put it like this: There are people who love to judge, incl. judging prematurely. And there are people who like to understand what's actually going on. I tend to be one of the latter. And I like fairness and looking rationally at matters.

It has been a month. This is definitely not premature. This is not a pregnancy for us to wait for 9 months to see the results.
    He gone.

Thanked by 2chocolateshirt samm
  • @jsg said:

@NobodyInteresting said:

Let me put it like this: There are people who love to judge, incl. judging prematurely and based on wild speculations. And there are people who like to understand what's actually going on. I tend to be one of the latter. And I like fairness and looking rationally at matters.

Uhm. "Speculation" - IP-s are already sold off, now hardware is being sold and still a ton of storage KVM-s are down and people are charging back via Paypal cause they are not getting a refund directly.

Not sure in what world you live in but none of those is speculation anymore.

• @thedp said:

RO:

Am mai multe bucati , in cazul incare achizitionati peste 5 bucati pretul e negociabil.

EN:

I have several pieces, in case you buy over 5 pieces the price is negotiable.

So that's where they ended up :)

This discussion has been closed.