Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

cociu - hostsolutions.ro - NETSILVANIA | Move your services! - Page 66
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

cociu - hostsolutions.ro - NETSILVANIA | Move your services!

Comments

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy
  • AmplificatorAmplificator Member
    edited June 2021

If you can't beat them, join them, right?

Why "fail to see VPS products"? I'm not in the VPS-market.
    Why would I sell something that is less profitable than webhosting for my target group?

Thanked by 1BlaZe
  • jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker
    edited June 2021

@Amplificator said:
    If you can't beat them, join them, right?

And yet again the arrogated high ground?

Let me assure you that @raindog308 needs to bend over for nobody here and I myself am also not known to bend over.

Let me offer you an alternative stance: Do not kick and beat a man on the ground. And don't be too cocky when you're not established at all.

Why "fail to see VPS products"? I'm not in the VPS-market.
    Why would I sell something that is less profitable than webhosting for my target group?

cociu's business is VPS and so is most of LET. As for you, sell whatever you please; I wish you success.

• LeviLevi Member

@jsg said: And NO, I'm not a cociu fan

:D boy, you are a mr. president of Borta's fan club. Don't deflect this, just accept it and continue on with your "quest".

• @jsg said:

Finally, it seems he was right too when saying

will die sun no worry

("sun" = "soon")

Indeed, he did die sun.

Thanked by 2BlaZe bulbasaur

@LTniger said:

@jsg said: And NO, I'm not a cociu fan

:D boy, you are a mr. president of Borta's fan club. Don't deflect this, just accept it and continue on with your "quest".

Because LTniger says so? That's meaningless and carries zero weight.

@Amplificator said:

@jsg said:

Finally, it seems he was right too when saying

will die sun no worry

("sun" = "soon")

Indeed, he did die sun.

OK, I see, you just don't get it ...
    Time will tell whether your arrogance leads to success ... or to a proper beating up.... AFAIC you've just lost your newbie bonus.
    Oh and btw, cociu isn't dead yet. Maybe HostSolutions will go belly up, maybe - but that still wouldn't make you a somebody.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

I just quickly scanned @Amplificator 's thread but it seems like he made a joke targeting a couple people by name. The two mentioned took it in good humor, and completely unrelated people got our their Provider Lives Matter molotov cocktails.

• Quite a few people in here who don't seem to understand that when a provider does multi-year prepay deals, they're doing so as a form of financing...which makes you, as customer, a creditor.

It's not necessarily a bad thing, but lenders need to understand their counterparty credit risk...doesn't seem like that happened much here.

Is your ROI in the form of the discount sufficient for the risk you bear?

• @raindog308 said:
    I just quickly scanned @Amplificator 's thread but it seems like he made a joke targeting a couple people by name. The two mentioned took it in good humor, and completely unrelated people got our their Provider Lives Matter molotov cocktails.

Indeed, it was only meant as a joke and none of the mentioned people seemed to take offence at all - or even cared, until the snowflakes like @jsg started getting offended on behalf of other people - all while he is in here complaining about the secret group which he is not a member of but desperately want to be.

Had the people mentioned in my thread requested to be taken out or have the wording changed I would have - but they didn't. And there it stops - I do not apologise to random snowflakes that take offence on behalf of other people.

Give them an inch..

Thanked by 2BlaZe dystopia
  • lonealonea Member, Host Rep

Multi-year deal = pyramid scam.

Any host that offer substanial discount on multi year are no better than EIG.

@Amplificator

I'm sorry to inform you that arrogance and verbal aggressiveness are neither achieving adequate protection nor the desired standing and acceptance.
    But I'm generous and accepting your, albeit rather crude, application to be considered an enemy ;)
    Have a nice day.

• @jsg said:
    Have a nice day.

And a good day to you!

• BlaZeBlaZe Member, Host Rep
    edited June 2021

@lonea said:

Though EIG hosting are shit but they are a big company :) not someone operating from a warehouse or a summer host.

• @BlaZe said:
    @lonea said:

Though EIG hosting are shit but they are a big company :) not someone operating from a warehouse or a summer host.

To be fair OVH was hosting out of shipping containers with wooden floors.

Thanked by 1jsg
  • MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

@lonea said: Multi-year deal = pyramid scam.

Prometeus offered trienally deals since 1997. We are running a very successful pyramid scam, Bernie Madoff is jealous.
    I have addressed the IP sale, it makes sense when you will have much fewer customers.
    I have also agreed renumbering without a notification (if one was not sent indeed) or renumbering in general, even with a notification, is not nice, bordering on contempt, even, but he isn't running AWS there and all customers knew that without a notification.
    I am not 100% sure about that backdating, as I have mentioned, it happened to me at least twice to forget to tick the make visible box. Since he is probably not reading tickets either, he could have missed it for a long time.
    Yes, if he did that in purpose, that is a big problem, same not answering tickets or not communicating in general, I have never said he is a great businessman/techie/communicator, I am just saying that, in order to be a scam, it must be intentional. You might go up and down to "prove" the man's intent, but, if I were a scammer, I would have not lost 5 years on one scam, nor given details about myself.
    So far, unless there is new data, I cannot be convinced he intended to pull a runner and he didn't run yet also.
    He might go bankrupt, in which case, selling the IPs to avoid that is another sane decision, not only for lack of customers and renumbering. When you are facing bankruptcy you do all you can to avoid it, I know you would rather see him bankrupt than seeing your service up (if you have one to begin with), but that is not a healthy attitude. Hate is hurting you in the first place.
    Hell is not coming after death, you can create it here for yourself, with hate and frustration which lead to other problems, including with the law, health issues, etc.
    Forgiving and giving the benefit of the doubt, is much healthier, especially since you have no wager or it is very small as any sane person would have seen the possible issues and not bet the house on a VPS.

edited June 2021

@raindog308 said:

@Maounique said:
    I am sure if he were american or german he would have been treated better.

Complete nonsense and you know it.

Nope, not at all, at least one person here mentioned he run into trouble because he is eastern european implying that nothing better can be expected.

• @Maounique said:

@raindog308 said:

@Maounique said:

Nope, not at all, at least one person here mentioned he run into trouble because he is eastern european implying that nothing better can be expected.

He ran into trouble cause he disappeared and in doing so acted like a big ole veiny dick.
    Not cause he is romanian.

edited June 2021

@NobodyInteresting said:

He ran into trouble cause he disappeared and in doing so acted like a big ole veiny dick.

He didnt say Romanian per se, all eastern europeans are inferior, not even Hitler put us in the same basket.

@niknar1900 said: I mean c'mon, he's eastern european, running a DC from the basement of a perfume shop (or at least he was, I don't even know anymore). What kind of service did you expect?

He did not disappear either, he is just not communicating here.

• @Maounique said:

@niknar1900 said: I mean c'mon, he's eastern european, running a DC from the basement of a perfume shop (or at least he was, I don't even know anymore). What kind of service did you expect?

@NobodyInteresting said:

@Maounique said:

@raindog308 said:

@Maounique said:

He didnt say Romanian per se, all eastern europeans are inferior, not even Hitler put us in the same basket.

Pretty sure that he was emphasizing on the "running a DC from the basement of a perfume shop", and not that much on the eastern european part.

edited June 2021

@NobodyInteresting said: Pretty sure that he was emphasizing on the "running a DC from the basement of a perfume shop", and not that much on the eastern european part.

So much so that he began with the eastern european part.
    But, yes, everyone here can read everyone's mind and knows their intent, you knew cociu's, I can know niknar's no?

• @Maounique said:

@NobodyInteresting said: Pretty sure that he was emphasizing on the "running a DC from the basement of a perfume shop", and not that much on the eastern european part.

So much so that he began with the eastern european part.

I mean.... He is an Eastern European after all.
    So am I, and I have to be on some serious crack to get offended by that statement.

• So who got the bigger dick?

@raindog308 can you please bring out the measurement tape?

• LeviLevi Member

Unique Mao tries to derail topic. But attempt is to amateur. Seems ban has done it's damage...

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

@Maounique said:
    one person

One person != the entire community.

Hitler

You have zero sense of proportion.

@Maounique said:
    Prometeus offered trienally deals since 1997. We are running a very successful pyramid scam, Bernie Madoff is jealous.

And according to my friend/colleage who is very experienced wrt VPS Prometeus is not just any provider but an excellent one.

Accordingly what a techie from Prometeus says carries way more weight than the uttering of someone who never provided a reason to even listen to him.

I'm saying this so clearly because I quite dislike how some around here talk to @Maounique as if they had any noticeable tech competence.
    (But yes, Maounique is a human and may occasionally misinterpret vibes. So what, we are all imperfect humans).

Thanked by 1Maounique
    edited June 2021

@jsg said: I'm saying this so clearly because I quite dislike how some around here talk to @Maounique as if they had any noticeable tech competence.

My tech skills can't hold a candle to those of Uncle. I am an economist and a writer with IT&C as a hobby and occasionally as a job. I am here to give my 2 cents on things I know from experience as well as for some fun and banter. Seeing "conservatives" with poor reading comprehension skills in their maternal language let alone culture, civilization or even technical skills foaming at the mouth was always a funny picture.

To be clear, I do not care for the ad-hominem attacks, I am 4 times in minority in my country and I know first hand much more hatred than anyone here could spew in a life time following me on every topic. I will not keep silent, though, I will always point out to the real reasons people hate me or other, various, groups of people, not the red herrings they use to try to cover that up.
    I also do not think Romanians, in general, are any better, I actually find the levels of hatred and bigotry quite average, higher than western Europe, lower than the Americas, Africa and most of Asia.

@LTniger said: Seems ban has done it's damage...

I think another one would do a lot for the community, right? I don't like dogs nor guns, should be enough.

EDIT: I was banned for this, not got argumentative after.

Thanked by 1BlaZe
  • Regarding the point "if he would be german he would have been treated better" - well.. treated the german way by sending him some letters from lawyers and he would have to pay for these. If that's the understanding of a better treatment. Yap, it's possible.

edited June 2021

@zappata said:
    Regarding the point "if he would be german he would have been treated better" - well.. treated the german way by sending him some letters from lawyers and he would have to pay for these. If that's the understanding of a better treatment. Yap, it's possible.

Keep us posted :)
    I like legal dramas, waiting for latest installment from Francisco's one.

@raindog308 said: You have zero sense of proportion.

Just a historical fact, he differentiated between jews, slavs, romanians, armenians, etc. Granted, it was mostly for political gain, but he did not put all eastern european people in the same category.
    Even slavs are different among the group, czechs are not similar to russians, not even serbians.

• Keeping Mao Zedong's comments aside... has anyone received any refunds as of yet? Please post some screenshots so that it will settle the matter.

• codelockcodelock Member
    edited June 2021

@cociulivesmatter

Thanks Vanilla

Thanked by 2BlaZe LowLowLow
This discussion has been closed.