Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

cociu - hostsolutions.ro - NETSILVANIA | Move your services! - Page 65
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

cociu - hostsolutions.ro - NETSILVANIA | Move your services!

Comments

• LeviLevi Member
    edited June 2021

@Maounique said: It is possible he has failed, and that was not hard to predict, but calling him a scammer is totally over the top and I am sure if he were american or german he would have been treated better.

What? I understand that you have joined "Borta fan club", but this statement indicates lunacy / idiocy or simply ignorance of the facts. I don't recall that delimiter or GVH Nguen was treated any differently (they were in USA).

You emphasize only "no communication" but ignore the fact that he refuse to provide refunds by not answering to the tickets nor PayPal chargeback messages. This is plain and classic fraud.

Don't try to soften his deeds with words like "possible, maybe, supposed, patchy, cvasi-autistic". At this point it is very clear that Borta knows what he is doing and what outcome of this shit show will be.

Please open your eyes to the hard facts:

• Ignores communication via any channel: ticket system, forum, PayPal message center;
    • Ignores refund demands;
    • Parceling out IP assets;
    • False information provision (lying);
    • Pending bankruptcy case at the court;
  • Maounique said:
    I am sure if he were american or german he would have been treated better.

Are you trying to spice up the drama?

• @kuroneko23 said:

Maounique said:

Are you trying to spice up the drama?

After Maounique was unbanned they have been only trying to stir up drama. You can find their and jar's conversations on cest pit where they're blaming each other with accusations of being a pedo and whatnot.

• bulbasaurbulbasaur Member
    edited June 2021

@Maounique said: Some critique is valid. No DMCA policy is plainly illegal, his (lack of) communication skills, his patchy understanding of the technical details, his (sometimes unwarranted) optimism and his cvasi-autistic answer to this crisis.

All of the critique is valid. You can't just ignore the fact that this is business, something inherently based on an exchange of value. If you try to run a business, taking people's money without providing value, then you will be criticized.

Whether the business was sustainable is entirely another matter. If you've promised to provide something for money, then it's your responsibility to ensure that it's possible in the first place. If you find out later that it's not sustainable, it's better to close the business or pivot to a different one while still providing refunds as appropriate, before it's too late.

@Maounique said: but calling him a scammer is totally over the top

Yeah, let's just completely ignore the lies like backdating announcements, 400 drive Netapp setup (the maximum I could find is 60), and no updates or justification for them either, and let's just say nothing happened.

Thanked by 1iKeyZ
  • sammsamm Member

@Maounique said: but calling him a scammer is totally over the top

Totally agree with you there. I would ask for refund once/if he start replying and be done with HS but I still wouldn't call him scammer.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

Thanked by 2lentro TimboJones
  • @stevewatson301 said:
    .. backdating announcements ..

=deceit; borderline fraud, IMO.

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran
    edited June 2021

@seriesn said:

@ben47955 said:
    When is @MikePT next paycheck ?

This is my top concern. He has a baby to feed.

I am not sure what will happen - granted, this is a big client of ours and has a big influence in our life - but we can't give up! :)

Thank you for worrying mate. <3

@LTniger said:
    @MikePT at this point you should know more about Borta activity and plans. Does he have intention to come back or just parceling assets and running like a true, classical scammer?

I really do not have any further information, I haven't been sorting tickets as all as I do not know what's going on.

Thanked by 1titus

@jsg said:

@default said:
    ... Maybe the solution would be to hire someone, like a sales agent with good English, who could represent HostSolutions online through diplomacy and information upon request. The value of such an employee can obviously be seen in these painful threads.

Sorry, but No, it can't. You see there is someone here, even someone with a good reputation and credibility (@MikePT). But he gets hardly more information than we do although I'm confident that MikePT would, if he got some, forward updated information even for free. The problem as well as the potential solution is with and in @cociu himself.

All I know right now is that Marius purchased more HDD's, refunds will be provided, or orders reprovisioned. He'd even refund everyone and I told him it'd just be best if he contacts his clients and arranges new VPS'es.

Thanked by 4jsg Andrews titus k4zz
  • MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited June 2021

@LTniger said: I don't recall that delimiter or GVH Nguen was treated any differently (they were in USA).

And, in your view, the situation is similar, right?

@MikePT said: but we can't give up!

:)

@stevewatson301 said: then you will be criticized.

There is criticism and then there is this thread. Same thing?

@stevewatson301 said: If you've promised to provide something for money, then it's your responsibility to ensure that it's possible in the first place. If you find out later that it's not sustainable, it's better to close the business or pivot to a different one while still providing refunds as appropriate, before it's too late.

Were compensations not provided? The credit can be used right now to buy the new offer he has made (the highly criticized Ryzen one). I think some refunds have already been provided, let alone people which charged back without waiting. In order to make the recovery possible, some assets have to be sold. I think you agree some customers will be lost. Will that mean he has some unused assets, like some IPs, or not? Sure, changing the IP is not fun, but that usage scenario does not involve highly sensitive apps where the domain can't be down even for a second, right? I know from own experience that after a while IP allocation becomes a mess. Taking this "opportunity" to renumber in a more sane way is solid business practice.

@stevewatson301 said: After Maounique was unbanned they have been only trying to stir up drama. You can find their and jar's conversations on cest pit where they're blaming each other with accusations of being a pedo and whatnot.

Making up some lies will not advance your view, mate, even here where you can safely bank on the TL;DR crowd to support you.

• LeviLevi Member

@Maounique said: And, in your view, the situation is similar, right?

Situation is identical in it's nature: money paid -> services not provided anymore for paid amount. And refunds are not processed.

Are you saying we must wait for a miracle? For how long? Week, 2 weeks, a month or just fuck that and give him a whole year?

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

@LTniger said: Situation is identical in it's nature: money paid -> services not provided anymore for paid amount. And refunds are not processed.

No, it is not.
    1. Some services are still provided. Many.
    2. Refunds are offered and processed. You will not hear from the people that did take their money, though, except those that come triumphantly to announce a "successful" chargeback and be hailed as heroes.
    3. There are many other differences about the longevity of the operation, the number of customers, the assets owned, etc.

Anyway, I am sure this will not satisfy you and you will still call it a scam. Go ahead if it makes you happy, it is not like a crooked eastern european will bother to sue anyone.

• This thread should be renamed to Mosh Pit

• LeviLevi Member

@Maounique said:

@LTniger said: Situation is identical in it's nature: money paid -> services not provided anymore for paid amount. And refunds are not processed.

No, it is not.
    2. Refunds are offered and processed. You will not hear from the people that did take their money, though, except those that come triumphantly to announce a "successful" chargeback and be hailed as heroes.
    3. There are many other differences about the longevity of the operation, the number of customers, the assets owned, etc.

Anyway, I am sure this will not satisfy you and you will still call it a scam. Go ahead if it makes you happy, it is not like a crooked eastern european will bother to sue anyone.

Any comments on ignored facts such as parceling out IPs and providing false information?

• @Maounique said:

No, it is not.

If the last sentence isn't being a dick, what is?

• bulbasaurbulbasaur Member
    edited June 2021

@Maounique said: There is criticism and then there is this thread.

As I've said before: if @cociu is looking for mentorship on how to run a business, this is not the place. If people don't receive the services that they paid for, they will comment, harshly.

@Maounique said: The credit can be used right now to buy the new offer he has made (the highly criticized Ryzen one)

While the storage VPSes remain unusable. And despite your assertions, we're yet to see even said triumphant heroes get their refund.

@Maounique said: In order to make the recovery possible, some assets have to be sold.

Why were the IPs, which were allocated to customers, sold off without a notification to the said customers? And I still see you're trying to avoid any discussion about the backdating of the downtime announcement.

@Maounique said: Making up some lies will not advance your view

I call out things as they are. I don't care if other people take up the narrative.

Thanked by 1iKeyZ
  • msattmsatt Member

@Maounique said: 2. Refunds are offered and processed. You will not hear from the people that did take their money, though, except those that come triumphantly to announce a "successful" chargeback and be hailed as heroes.

Rubbish - I have waited patiently, I have requested a refund (via ticket) and had no feedback / reply. I gave notice that I would chargeback if no response.
    I have raised a dispute via PayPal and they have had no response either.

• JabJabJabJab Member
    edited June 2021

@Maounique said: 2. Refunds are offered and processed. You will not hear from the people that did take their money, though, except those that come triumphantly to announce a "successful" chargeback and be hailed as heroes.

Source/proof of that claim that refunds are processed? Because HS is not responding to any tickets (server down, refund... bah, earlier there was a guy with dedi down for 9 days and got no response at all too).

Thanked by 1wions
  • I can't decide if the people defending his royal perfume highness are shilling, or are for real believing what they are preaching..

Thanked by 1Demindiro
  • mikewazarmikewazar Member
    edited June 2021

@Maounique said:

Nope this is a lie.

Thanked by 2chocolateshirt wions
  • @Maounique said: I am sure if he were american or german he would have been treated better.

Bro you are grossly racist.

• LeviLevi Member

@seriesn said:

@Maounique said: I am sure if he were american or german he would have been treated better.

This is not racism, just nationalism. Don't pull racism card to often or it will become obsolete.

• @LTniger said:

@seriesn said:

@Maounique said: I am sure if he were american or german he would have been treated better.

This is not racism, just nationalism. Don't pull racism card to often or it will become obsolete.

Same bullshit for what I care.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

@Maounique said:

Complete nonsense and you know it.

• AmplificatorAmplificator Member
    edited June 2021

@jsg said:
    I'm p_ssed off too by what seems to be an old boys network that is dishing out "generously" but rather sensitive when criticism is directed at them. The fact that even some admins and mods seem to be involved is very unpleasant.

And this is news to you? :smile:

@cociu was allowed to trash an offer thread I created, saying how he would trash me and run me out of business over what can only be described as a joke. A few "old boys" (you included, telling me how precious some of those "old boys" you now complain about, are - you are part of the problem) piled on and mods did absolutely nothing, closing my ticket without even giving a comment on it. You are either in the group or you are not - if not, well, good luck on here. It's a toxic place.

For once I'm glad @cociu is gone. His service was poor since day one. Yes, the price was low but the service was also abysmal in general. Some might have been lucky, but the sheer amount of complaints hinted at those people being a minority. The amount of threads about his service being down yet people still buy it..

The fact that he winged it for this long is amazing.

He's a hustler, nothing more.

Prove me wrong, people.

Thanked by 1BlaZe
  • @Amplificator said: @cociu was allowed to trash an offer thread I created, saying how he would trash me and run me out of business over what can only be described as a joke

Can you PM the link to the thread?

• AmplificatorAmplificator Member
    edited June 2021

@stevewatson301 said:

@Amplificator said: @cociu was allowed to trash an offer thread I created, saying how he would trash me and run me out of business over what can only be described as a joke

Sent.

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker
    edited June 2021

@stevewatson301 said:

@Amplificator said: @cociu was allowed to trash an offer thread I created, saying how he would trash me and run me out of business over what can only be described as a joke

Why PM? What happened there happened in public so not need to hush anything up.
    It's that thread.

@Amplificator

I don't see that @cociu trashed you. He simply quoted your "Forget about" statement and commented ".......". No trashing you, just ".......".

To which you brazenly responded:

@Amplificator said:
    Maybe one day you can get a mention as well if you try hard enough :)

to which not only cociu reacted, shall we say not exactly pleased (but not aggressive). To quote another user

p.s. stay humble, you have just started out. dont get cocky ;)

Now of course it seems easy to bash cociu, but then he was absolutely right. He indeed started from zero and built everything up himself while you operated based on Hetzner dedis and were just starting and certainly not in a position to p_ss at long established players.

Instead of finally beginning to see that your entry wasn't exactly elegant and smart you even tried to argue down from the (arrogated) high ground (again). And btw you totally failed to see the reality saying that he was the only one not getting your "joke". At that point in time there already were others too. And again: he did not "shit over everything" as was asserted by you - and only you.

Finally, it seems he was right too when saying

will die sun no worry

("sun" = "soon")

I just looked and fail to see VPS products on your site.

And NO, I'm not a cociu fan, nor am I an Amplificator hater. I just hate it when someone beats a man who's on the ground plus I dislike your being super-sensitive while dishing out.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

It's not hard to find - just look at @Amplificator's discussions started:

https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/168670/duelhost-20for30-get-the-offer-that-cant-be-beaten

@cociu said: we are all here like brothers

Thanked by 2DP bulbasaur
This discussion has been closed.