Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

cociu - hostsolutions.ro - NETSILVANIA | Move your services! - Page 68
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

cociu - hostsolutions.ro - NETSILVANIA | Move your services!

Comments

• @raindog308 said:
    I'm wondering if perhaps @terrahost has an unpaid colo bill and some extra hard drives on its hands...

https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/172099/core-i7-dedicated-server-with-500gb-ssd-16tb-hdd-in-norway-limited-stock

https://bgp.he.net/AS44220#_peers

...but I'm just speculating.

@raindog308 said:
    I'm wondering if perhaps @terrahost has an unpaid colo bill and some extra hard drives on its hands...

https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/172099/core-i7-dedicated-server-with-500gb-ssd-16tb-hdd-in-norway-limited-stock

I think he said in another topic that he won't get involved in this topic

Thanked by 1dosai
  • jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

@raindog308 said:

CPU doesn't match what HostSolutions uses in their storage boxes.

• SGrafSGraf Member, Patron Provider
    edited June 2021

@stevewatson301 said:

@JabJab said: Still no owner change on 193.148.68.0/22 range? Nothing in BGP either?
    How long does RIPE transfers takes?

The IP was sold off for $34k according to a person on this forum, but I'm not too sure on whether to trust it. Only if they'd allow mere mortals like us to register on ipv4.global.

Seeing this in the transaction history. But the history skips the prefix details...

08/06/2021 /22 RIPE $34,518.00 $33.71

Timing wise it looks like they are may be right on track.

As for how long it takes, all the dates you read below are educated guesses.... assuming the prefix was sold. Combined with experience/estimates of typical ripencc response times, bank transfer times, escrow service speeds. So consider it fiction instead of fact...

1. Ended auction ...2021-08-06
    2. Escrow gets set up.
    3. Buyer sends the payment to escrow. (probably 1 business day for the them to send it and depending on where the transfer is from 3ish days for it to arrive.) - lets assume + 5 days. ....2021-08-12... which is a sunday... so realistically 2021-08-13 ...
    4. Escrow verifies/confirms payment (next business day) + 1 day ...so we are on 2021-8-14
    5. Paperwork Finalized and Transfer gets initiated.... (2021-08-14)
    6. RipeNCC responds next business day. ... so on 2021-08-15.... with would be today. Usually they want confirmation from the receiving LIR (or end user for pi).
    7. Receiving Party Confirms and Records get updated ...potentially on 2021-08-16,

However it could be up to two business days later, if the RipeNCC is busy and they get the dreaded e-mail: ..its received...you get a response tomorrow...

Hope this gives you some insight...

Thanked by 2JabJab bulbasaur
  • SGrafSGraf Member, Patron Provider

@raindog308 said:

I'm pretty sure that @terrahost would have better taste than just to recycle a customers equipment within the first few weeks of unpaid invoices....

Speculation: unless they where specifically asked to by the previous owner of the gear and have some sort of written confirmation.

• starbetrayerstarbetrayer Member
    edited June 2021

How I feel after 68 pages of this drama :D

https://youtube.com/watch?v=_u4NjOKXgJo

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

@starbetrayer said:
    How I feel after 68 pages of this drama :D

https://youtube.com/watch?v=_u4NjOKXgJo

Oh, i don't know why you're not there
    I give you my PayPal, but you don't care
    So what is right and what is wrong
    Gimme a sign

What is love
    Oh @cociu, don't hurt me
    Don't hurt me no more
    What is love
    Oh @cociu, don't hurt me
    Don't hurt me no more

Thanked by 2ps20090 dahartigan
  • ps20090ps20090 Member
    edited June 2021

@raindog308 said:
    Oh, i don't
    know why you're not there
    Gimme a sign

What is love
    Oh @cociu, don't hurt me
    Don't hurt me no more
    What is love
    Oh @cociu, don't hurt me
    Don't hurt me no more

I want no other, no other provider
    This is our server, our server
    When we are together, I need you forever
    Is it love?

• DataIdeas-JoshDataIdeas-Josh Member, Patron Provider

It's like every time I turn around this thread has another 100 new messages.. lol

Thanked by 1LowLowLow
  • @ps20090 said:

@raindog308 said:
    Oh, i don't
    know why you're not there
    Gimme a sign

What is love
    Oh @cociu, don't hurt me
    Don't hurt me no more
    What is love
    Oh @cociu, don't hurt me
    Don't hurt me no more

I want no other, no other provider
    This is our server, our server
    When we are together, I need you forever
    Is it love?

I remember being happy when we first dated,
    Before the servers got involucrated,
    Now my poor cociu is LET-meme hated,
    Is that love?

• bdlbdl Member

There goes my Norway :lol:

• @bdl said:

Huh?

• bdlbdl Member
    edited June 2021

@kuroneko23 said:

@bdl said:

Huh?

My HS Norway storage box just went involuncrunated.

edit: strange. It was idling with a vanilla debian install and I could access via vnc through the portal but the network was shot. Just rebuilt it with the debian template and it seems to be working again

Thanked by 1kuroneko23
  • DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

The NVMe nodes are still online (at this moment), if anyone's wondering.

• @DataIdeas-Josh said:
    It's like every time I turn around this thread has another 100 new messages.. lol

100 new messages yeah... and not one from the person that should be actively posting on this thread.

Thanked by 1angelius
  • i didn't went for full paypal charge back because only 20 days left for my payment due date.it will not fair with him.ao i didn't tried to charge back at paypal.
    but i did expect to get atleast a month for data loss and my 20 day down vps.

Thanked by 1postcd
  • I have to admit I come on LET every day, multiple times per day just for my ration of popcorn 🍿 in this thread ... 🤣

Thanked by 2LowLowLow k4zz
  • webclouddevwebclouddev Member
    edited June 2021

@angelius said:
    I have to admit I come on LET every day, multiple times per day just for my ration of popcorn 🍿 in this thread ... 🤣

but from last few days drama is missing in this thread :neutral: more like shitposting nowadays

• @webclouddev said: but from last few days dram is missing in this thread :neutral: more like shitposting nowadays

Well, Mao Zedong was especially effective in derailing this thread by calling people "Hitler" and stating that Francisco should just take allegations of protecting pedos with a smile without ever defending himself.

Moreover, a thread can only run so far since @cociu just keeps lying low without any update and the people who's VPSes were involucrated have already migrated elsewhere or just given up hope.

Thanked by 1BlaZe
  • MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited June 2021

@stevewatson301 said: stating that Francisco should just take allegations of protecting pedos with a smile without ever defending himself.

Source?
    The fact I have been treated like that does not mean I am doing it to others.

edited June 2021

@postcd said:
    Hi folks, what is your estimate % probability the VPS will come back online or there can be replacement VPS free of charge? I was on KVM 1TB special. I read cociu had some mass HDD issue and trouble getting replacement and some data loss. I know nothing more, but after such long weeks of downtime my estimate is 25% i will get VPS back.. ?

My take: @cociu won't go down nor will he scam his customers.
    Why? HS storage VPS are down since about a month and it seems (my speculation) that due to current high hardware prices cociu can't reasonably (in terms of business) replace 400 (or 280 = 400-120) large capacity drives, so I guess that he'll refund those customers.
    But HS also has other products and those seem to work fine and while some here at LET, incl. competitors, bash cociu day and night and interpret everything in the worst way possible, at the end of the day it's the customers who make or break HostSolutions. From what I see there are quite many HS customers who like HS and their products.
    At this point I'd argue that HS will recover - but there's a fat BUT: it wasn't just the storage systems, there were (or at least seem to have been) lies and, let's call it diplomatically smelly events/behaviour like e.g. not providing info updates to storage customers but running promos. I don't know how many tick like myself in that regard bit IMO some of what happened is very, very hard to forgive and rebuilding trust would/will be a very hard task for cociu. In fact I think that those issues will turn out to have created more damage than the dead storage boxes (which, so it seems, many customers would forgive).

Plus there is another factor and a big one I guess: the thing that was often ridiculed, cociu's other businesses, in particular his perfume business. Simple reason: multiple income streams create a much better position in case one of them goes down than a single business. Which also translates to cociu actually being capable to refund his storage customers.

Of course nobody (certainly not me) knows all details and can predict what's going to happen but my guess is that the chances to get a refund are very high (north of 80%) and the chances that HS continues to operate in some form are at least 50/50.

TL;DR (a) cociu may occasionally behave like an a__hole but he isn't one; he will refund, (b) reality and truth are not defined by what haters, bashers or blue-eyed fans tell, it is what actually and really happens. What I saw were indicators of desperation, nonsensical hope (to somehow get it working again), some stupidity, quite some ignorance - but not the tell-tale signs of evil or criminal intentions.

AFAIC I won't buy from cociu for at least quite some time but I don't think that he ever had the intention to defraud us.

• LeviLevi Member

@jsg said:

@postcd said:
    Hi folks, what is your estimate % probability the VPS will come back online or there can be replacement VPS free of charge? I was on KVM 1TB special. I read cociu had some mass HDD issue and trouble getting replacement and some data loss. I know nothing more, but after such long weeks of downtime my estimate is 25% i will get VPS back.. ?

My take: @cociu won't go down nor will he scam his customers.
    Why? HS storage VPS are down since about a month and it seems (my speculation) that due to current high hardware prices cociu can't reasonably (in terms of business) replace 400 (or 280 = 400-120) large capacity drives, so I guess that he'll refund those customers.
    But HS also has other products and those seem to work fine and while some here at LET, incl. competitors, bash cociu day and night and interpret everything in the worst way possible, at the end of the day it's the customers who make or break HostSolutions. From what I see there are quite many HS customers who like HS and their products.
    At this point I'd argue that HS will recover - but there's a fat BUT: it wasn't just the storage systems, there were (or at least seem to have been) lies and, let's call it diplomatically smelly events/behaviour like e.g. not providing info updates to storage customers but running promos. I don't know how many tick like myself in that regard bit IMO some of what happened is very, very hard to forgive and rebuilding trust would/will be a very hard task for cociu. In fact I think that those issues will turn out to have created more damage than the dead storage boxes (which, so it seems, many customers would forgive).

Plus there is another factor and a big one I guess: the thing that was often ridiculed, cociu's other businesses, in particular his perfume business. Simple reason: multiple income streams create a much better position in case one of them goes down than a single business. Which also translates to cociu actually being capable to refund his storage customers.

Of course nobody (certainly not me) knows all details and can predict what's going to happen but my guess is that the chances to get a refund are very high (north of 80%) and the chances that HS continues to operate in some form are at least 50/50.

TL;DR (a) cociu may occasionally behave like an a__hole but he isn't one; he will refund, (b) reality and truth are not defined by what haters, bashers or blue-eyed fans tell, it is what actually and really happens. What I saw were indicators of desperation, nonsensical hope (to somehow get it working again), some stupidity, quite some ignorance - but not the tell-tale signs of evil or criminal intentions.

AFAIC I won't buy from cociu for at least quite some time but I don't think that he ever had the intention to defraud us.

Would you like to comment on IP sell and the fact that he didn't provide refunds for any customers regarding current problem (except chargebacked amounts)?

Thanked by 2iKeyZ bulbasaur

@LTniger said:
    Would you like to comment on IP sell and the fact that he didn't provide refunds for any customers regarding current problem (except chargebacked amounts)?

'not yet refunded' != 'does not refund', especially when they try to somehow repair the clusterf_ck till the last minute. Keep in mind that the difference between 'we give up' (on repairing) vs. 'it works again. We refund the lost month' (plus maybe some compensation) can be a major one in terms of $$, so I could understand that they didn't refund right away without knowing what time will need to be refunded yet.

• dedicatserver_rodedicatserver_ro Member, Host Rep

@jsg said: Those seem to come without disk

• the disk got involucrated :)
    Thanked by 1bulbasaur
  • iKeyZiKeyZ Veteran
    edited June 2021

@jsg said:

@LTniger said:

'not yet refunded' != 'does not refund', especially when they try to somehow repair the clusterf_ck till the last minute. Keep in mind that the difference between 'we give up' (on repairing) vs. 'it works again. We refund the lost month' (plus maybe some compensation) can be a major one in terms of $$, so I could understand that they didn't refund right away without knowing what time will need to be refunded yet.

I mean - "'not yet refunded' != 'does not refund'" - it kind of does. How long are you expected to wait before it becomes "does not refund"?

If a general refund was offered (as it was when @cociu was answering a while ago) you would expect to get one by messaging in - yet no one has received a response to a request.

I understand that if he's trying to recover the current situation then he would be busy, although any type of communication regarding updates, refunds or in fact anything would prove that he's not just selling off everything and getting out. That's what has caused people to chargeback as it seems like the only way money is going to be returned.

IMO there is no issue bashing a provider (regardless whether it's coming from another provider or individual) when services go down and then there is a complete lack of communication - especially with all of this information coming to light (selling IPs etc).

Seems like multiple quantities on them all though - https://www.olx.ro/oferte/user/3Lki/

Thanked by 1HaendlerIT
  • @jsg said:

Seller Marius +40770716883

• There is only one (1) person named "Marius" in Oradea?

There's only one Marius using that phone number
    https://www.ripe.net/membership/indices/data/ro.netsilvania.html

the plot thickens

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

@jsg said: There is only one (1) person named "Marius" in Oradea?

Probably not, but that number at least belongs to 1 Marius, and that's Marius Borta of HostSolutions :)

Thanked by 1iKeyZ
  • LeviLevi Member

Epic!!! Not only IPs sold, but also hardware is on the line. FFS, this can't be denied even by Borta fan club. Jesus Christ...

This discussion has been closed.