Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

cociu - hostsolutions.ro - NETSILVANIA | Move your services! - Page 73
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

cociu - hostsolutions.ro - NETSILVANIA | Move your services!

Comments

• serv_eeserv_ee Member
    edited June 2021

@serverian said:

@jsg said:

@serverian said:

@jsg said: I know quite a few well educated and intelligent people. Even better: They never "communicate" using comic or other idiot images.

Also, for example Elon Musk is also uneducated and stupid to you since he seems to use a lot of "idiot images" to communicate? You are saying you are more educated and more intelligent than Elon Musk?

Sorry, I don't have an answer to that because I know quite little about Mr. Musk and because I never thought about it. All I can say wrt Mr. Musk that he seems to be smart and entertaining (in a good sense) person.

But you somehow know a lot more about others in this thread saying they are not in your level when you don't even know their names?

Also, the smart and educated people you know don't post "idiot images" but Elon Musk seems smart to you and he uses "idiot images"?

So does that mean there are smart people who use "idiot images" or not?

Clearly an idiot since he posts memes. Clearly.

You know who's not an idiot tho? @cociu

He's busy at work fixing things that he doesn't even own anymore.

• @serv_ee said:

@serverian said:

@jsg said:

@serverian said:

@jsg said: I know quite a few well educated and intelligent people. Even better: They never "communicate" using comic or other idiot images.

Also, for example Elon Musk is also uneducated and stupid to you since he seems to use a lot of "idiot images" to communicate? You are saying you are more educated and more intelligent than Elon Musk?

Sorry, I don't have an answer to that because I know quite little about Mr. Musk and because I never thought about it. All I can say wrt Mr. Musk that he seems to be smart and entertaining (in a good sense) person.

But you somehow know a lot more about others in this thread saying they are not in your level when you don't even know their names?

Also, the smart and educated people you know don't post "idiot images" but Elon Musk seems smart to you and he uses "idiot images"?

https://talk.lowendspirit.com/discussion/comment/66331/#Comment_66331

• Time to involucrate some popcorn.

• @serverian said:

@serv_ee said:

@serverian said:

@jsg said:

@serverian said:

You don't learn do you? Idiot, that's a meme as well.

• @serv_ee said:

@serverian said:

@serv_ee said:

@serverian said:

@jsg said:

@serverian said:

You don't learn do you? Idiot, that's a meme as well.

Shh, he might be bugged out waiting to reboot.

• LeeLee Veteran

@serverian said: Who are you to know what's arbitrary or not? You are pulling stuff out of your ass all the time about the whole situation.

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

Risking to shock some of you:

No, not everyone who ever uses an image is an idiot. Concrete example: @raindog308's "casting" post was quite funny.

But then, there might - just possibly maybe couldbe might - be a correlation between peoples brains and the type of images they use, in which situation, with what motivation, etc.

• @jsg said:
    Risking to shock some of you:

No, not everyone who ever uses an image is an idiot. Concrete example: @raindog308's "casting" post was quite funny.

But then, there might - just possibly maybe couldbe might - be a correlation between peoples brains and the type of images they use, in which situation, with what motivation, etc.

So you were wrong saying that?

Thanked by 1NobodyInteresting
  • So your sophisticated brain likes better images than we post? Sorry sire.

Really, I really think you're a smart guy but either your ego is way bigger than it should be or there's something else.

Also, just commenting on your "bias" parts of a few of your last posts. Remember, we're not the ones getting "free test VPS-s". That's textbook bias. Just sayin'

• LeeLee Veteran

To be honest I think at this stage you either accept your money is gone or you get in now to raise a PP dispute whilst you still can, the promise of a refund isn't coming.

• @serv_ee said:
    So your sophisticated brain likes better images than we post? Sorry sire.

Really, I really think you're a smart guy but either your ego is way bigger than it should be or there's something else.

Also, just commenting on your "bias" parts of a few of your last posts. Remember, we're not the ones getting "free test VPS-s". That's textbook bias. Just sayin'

He has nothing in it. Really. Forget about that free test VPS. Nobody in their right mind would do this for a free VPS. I doubt you could even bribe him to say stuff he doesn't want to say. You can offer him a million dollars right now to have him tell he has been wrong all along but he won't accept it.

He goes around and looks for popular views.

Then he goes all the length to say the opposite of what he calls the herd view.

It doesn't matter if any of the things make actual sense. He just wants to be on the opposite side. Because he thinks he's more intelligent than this so called herd.

He has a very narrow world view.

He's not very good with social interactions. He knows very few people. I believe mostly on the internet. So he doesn't have a real physical idea of what intelligence is.

Claiming 85+% of the world population is stupid gives you a hint. This is a sentence of a either a teenager or someone who has a condition like he has.

He might be above average. Hell, 50% of the population is technically above average. But he can't grasp the idea of there are a lot of people who are way smarter than him and this is his problem.

He can't answer the question of if he thinks he's smarter than Elon Musk. He thinks there is a high chance that he's smarter than Elon Musk but he can't be sure enough to say it here but deep down he thinks this.

The worst thing is he will never back off. He will keep going for the eternity. You can torture him all you want but he will keep saying nonsense because it's his own nonsense.

Even if Marius comes here and confirms everything the others have been guessing, he'll find another way to defend his views.

edited June 2021

@serv_ee said:

BS! Those test VPSs are always, no exceptions limited to benchmark use only. No private use whatsoever.
    Plus, numbers don't lie. And those are the very core of my reviews.

Btw, while some here paint me as deranged psycho, in real life (today) I worked on porting my benchmark program to Windows because a LET user (not a provider) asked me politely and friendly.

Isn't that funny? The "evil" "cheaply bought" biased deranged psycho works on trying to fulfill some users wish just because he nicely asked. Oh hell, I really must be a psycho worse than any movie psycho! Probably I should change my name to "Harkonnen".

(Side note, unfortunately I'm not sure that I'll succeed because Windows is such a weird, creepy, perverse OS for me, hardcore dyed in the wool unix developer. Windows drives me nuts whenever I touch it. But alas, I will continue to try ...)

Edit:

@serverian

Thanks a lot, you made me laugh and amused me a lot. Thank you!

Thanked by 1AlwaysSkint
  • @jsg said:

@serverian

Thanks a lot, you made laugh and amused me a lot. Thank you!

Why are you avoiding my questions?

• Were you wrong when you typed a reply to me and then removed it?

• Were you wrong when you said none of your educated and intelligent friends post "idiot images"?

• Are you capable of being wrong?

Thanked by 1dystopia
  • JorboxJorbox Member

He said the service will work on Monday but didn’t specify which Monday maybe in 2031.

@serverian said:

@jsg said:

@serverian

• Were you wrong when you said none of your educated and intelligent friends post "idiot images"?

As you seem to not get it: I'm not 'avoiding' your questions. I simply refuse to play your game. Have a nice day.

• @jsg said:

@serv_ee said:

BS! Those test VPSs are always, no exceptions limited to benchmark use only. No private use whatsoever.
    Plus, numbers don't lie. And those are the very core of my reviews.

Btw, while some here paint me as deranged psycho, in real life (today) I worked on porting my benchmark program to Windows because a LET user (not a provider) asked me politely and friendly.

Isn't that funny? The "evil" "cheaply bought" biased deranged psycho works on trying to fulfill some users wish just because he nicely asked. Oh hell, I really must be a psycho worse than any movie psycho! Probably I should change my name to "Harkonnen".

(Side note, unfortunately I'm not sure that I'll succeed because Windows is such a weird, creepy, perverse OS for me, hardcore dyed in the wool unix developer. Windows drives me nuts whenever I touch it. But alas, I will continue to try ...)

Edit:

@serverian

Thanks a lot, you made me laugh and amused me a lot. Thank you!

Aaah hell, I can't be bothered. Really. Just because you "do something nice" to someone doesn't mean you are right all the damn time which this topic clearly proves but you still keep arguing over it.

IPs = sold
    Hardware = on sale (even the v4 he answered questions about a month back)
    No refunds - only chargebacks.

Just accept the fact already that you are NOT right all the time.

@Jorbox said:
    He said the service will work on Monday but didn’t specify which Monday maybe in 2031.

Frankly, I don't think that anyone in his right mind gives anything about @cociu's ETAs. Too many empty/broken promises.

• @jsg said:

@serverian said:

@jsg said:

@serverian

As you seem to not get it: I'm not 'avoiding' your questions. I simply refuse to play your game. Have a nice day.

There is no game here. I'm making this even easier now. Just a yes or no question:

Are you capable of being wrong?

Your logic is flawless, though. "If I'm that evil person you all portray, would I help a LET user by doing chores."

You are a very good person, @jsg. You have a kind heart.

Maybe you are not capable of being evil, either?

Thanked by 1vimalware
    edited June 2021

@serv_ee said:
    Just accept the fact already that you are NOT right all the time.

Nothing to accept there. I know that I can be wrong and I have been wrong in my life more than often enough.

But you might want to read a bit less selectively. I already clearly stated that this isn't a being right competition for me. It seems to be for you though.

@serverian said:
    There is no game here. I'm making this even easier now. Just a yes or no question:

Are you capable of being wrong?

The fact that you feel you have to ask that is sad - for you.

You are a very good person, @jsg. You have a kind heart.

Maybe you are not capable of being evil, either?

BS! I'm a human and of bloody course I can be evil. I try not to be though and usually I'm a rather friendly person.

• serverianserverian Member
    edited June 2021

@jsg said:

@Jorbox said:

Frankly, I don't think that anyone in his right mind gives anything about @cociu's ETAs. Too many empty/broken promises.

• You also didn't comment on his PayPal balance being positive, yet he doesn't refund people. Yes?

Wait wait. We DON'T KNOW his PayPal balance being positive. Sorry. It's a mystery.

• He sold the IPs for $34K. So he can refund a lot of users here. No?

Wait a minute! He might not have gotten that money, yet. I'm sure once he gets it, he will refund them.

• He sold a lot of HW from what we see. So he can refund at least a few users here. No?

Hold on a second. He spent that money to lease the IPs back he sold to put people back online. Because he's a very kind hearted person. He has no ill intentions. Business is all about intentions. No body cares about the money they spent when they see his big smile and poor puppy eyes.

Thanked by 1samm
  • @Stryp said:
    Can anyone call him to maybe squeeze some information out of him?

How many would be able to understand him if they did call him?

• @jsg said: The fact that you feel you have to ask that is sad - for you.

Very sad, indeed. Because I really don't know if you are capable of being wrong. You don't tell me. I cannot make an assumption of it because I have no facts. It would be a very terrible thing to do.

@jsg said: BS! I'm a human and of bloody course I can be evil. I try not to be though and usually I'm a rather friendly person.

Please tell me who was the last person told you you were friendly.

Thanked by 1dystopia
  • I thought I saw 2 "Have a nice day"'s but hes still around 🤔

• Are there any free sites to setup a HS deadpool pool? I'm sure some other providers will step in with a prize or two for the marketing.

If anyone still has a running service, please say where it is and the specs so we know what we're guessing on.

Deadpooling is where services are online but provider has stopped supporting them and they run until it runs into a service stopping interruption forever. The deadpool date would be when the last operating VM goes offline. I guess June 26.

• @jsg said: I already clearly stated that this isn't a being right competition for me. It seems to be for you though.

If you really think I have something to "compete" with you...nah. Sorry. I got everything I need in my real life.

The thing is however, @serverian already said what I would have wanted to say if my English was nearly as good but you keep on with your nonsense how our opinions are just stupid and yours is the only true way to go. Just like when I told you that you got an free VPS when some people had their services down, thats just idiotic behavior from an host. Doesnt matter if it took him 1 click or 2. Now half a month later he has done exactly shit to cater to the people who PAY him.

Long story short, he's an moron.

Thanked by 1ps20090
  • MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited June 2021

Wow, this is indeed a long thread.
    The short points:
    1. Some provider has a problem with a storage product and a claim in court.
    2. He does not communicate and when he does, it is either looking shady/lies or unkept promises.
    3. He sells some assets related to the product they are likely no longer offering anymore.
    4. Refund requests are ignored, albeit some credit has been provided (someone can confirm or deny) which can be used against other products.
    5. The operation lasted some 5 years and all this time people called it at best unsustainable, at worst a pyramid scheme.
    6. Some providers take the opportunity to take revenge, customers are angry and the word, in general, is that it is a scam in spite of the fact that:

• some services are still up (big majority);
    • this is a valid registered business, the owner has shared quite a lot of info about himself, he is using same phone number, same address and company as well as paypal.
    1. The LET crowd seems to think that anyone opposing the general idea it is a scam and it was planned long ago is either working for the provider or stupid/crazy.
    2. Usual ad hominem attacks, memes, name calling and slander.

That is about it.

Thanked by 1LowLowLow

@serv_ee said:

@jsg said: I already clearly stated that this isn't a being right competition for me. It seems to be for you though.

If you really think I have something to "compete" with you...nah. Sorry. I got everything I need in my real life.

The thing is however, @serverian already said what I would have wanted to say if my English was nearly as good but you keep on with your nonsense how our opinions are just stupid and yours is the only true way to go. Just like when I told you that you got an free VPS when some people had their services down, thats just idiotic behavior from an host. Doesnt matter if it took him 1 click or 2. Now half a month later he has done exactly shit to cater to the people who PAY him.

Long story short, he's an moron.

So? You fell victim to your own selective perception. I didn't cover him, I clearly and strongly criticized his behaviour.
    I just didn't follow the "burn the scammer!" herd and my second and actual main motivation was to understand and to see what's really going in Oradea as well as possible.

I don't care whether I convince you or anybody. I merely say what I see, think, and reasonably guess. Some might think about that and some will not, no problem.
    I'm simply not interested in judging cociu prematurely. I can and do not exclude that he just walks away ("scamming us"). Insofar as I'm interested at all in judging him I'll wait till we have enough clear facts. Till then and now my main interest is the question whether HS continues to exist, what's going on there, and why he acted/acts so extremely poorly.
    My take is that he was driven by panic, a (from my perspective) weird honor system ("Oh my God, I'm losing my face and my reputation! I can't possibly go to LET. I must, no matter what and how repair as much and as well as I possibly can!"), a crude lack of empathy, and a feeling of being helpless (as a non techie).
    And at a certain point (2 weeks ago?) he began to see that his chances of getting the storage system up and running again were increasingly running out, so he switched to "plan b", in a way the emergency-brake, and began to sell off everything related to his storage systems (plus it seems some more) so as to be able to at least refund all concerned customers. One problem with that is that that takes time and my guess is that he will come back here only and provide a statement when he has everything in place and maybe even already payed out some refunds.

Of course, I may be wrong, but one thing is clear: nobody wins with a "let's crucify the scammer" approach. That might serve as a relieve valve for emotions in the short run but it will not lead to a result we all want (minimal damage). I might be wrong with that too but I think that that approach is about the only thing that could possibly make him turn around and walk away. Why? Take away all chances to halfway acceptably get out of such a situation from a man and you take away most if not all of his motivation to do the right thing; why should he move and sweat and pay if there is no chance for him anyway.

Thanked by 1AlwaysSkint
  • AlwaysSkintAlwaysSkint Member
    edited June 2021

@jsg said: Of course, I may be wrong, but one thing is clear: nobody wins with a "let's crucify the scammer" approach...

As can be seen by history on LET. Hostdoc being only one example - if some (more) of you knew the state of his family life, then you may have cut some slack. I wouldn't bet on it though. In the messages that I had he appeared to be a 'nice' person. I've also seen Serverhand (bad name) come and go (no pun intended).

@serverian said: Claiming 85+% of the world population is stupid gives you a hint. This is a sentence of a either a teenager or someone who has a condition like he has.

I must be inflicted too. :|
    Though I don't get the phrasing of @jsg 's sig. I think I get the sentiment: In my book, at least 70% (being generous) of the population are thick as shit/arrogant/ignorant/self-centred etc.
    I stood in a Covid-19 jab queue last week and two labourers in front of me were chatting a foot/0.5m or so, apart. What 2m rule? "it don't apply to me". Was the same with a mum & kid standing behind me in a Post Office queue approx. 9 months ago.
    This is only one small example of what goes on - look around!

P.S.
    @jsg , it's PAID, FFS! :p

P.P.S.
    I edited/altered this post multiple times due to better phrasing, sitting squint and a laptop keyboard that "plays silly buggers" (not quite fubar but misses keypresses).

Thanked by 1dahartigan

@AlwaysSkint said:
    I must be inflicted too. :|
    Though I don't get the phrasing of @jsg 's sig. I think I get the sentiment: In my book, at least 70% (being generous) of the population are thick as shit/arrogant/ignorant/self-centred etc.

Let me explain: by definition 85% are within the "normal" range (IQ ca. 85 - 115), 7.5% are below and only 7.5% are above the average IQ. And all of them can vote.
    And yes, add to that, let's be generous, mediocre education systems, and a system betting on egocentrism and "you are individual, you are great" advertisements and propaganda and you have a large citizen herd that is well manageable (remote controllable).

Or in other words, a vast majority of voters who don't know, don't understand, and frankly don't care beyond "my party is great!" ... but are formally "the sovereign".

P.S.
    @jsg , it's PAID, FFS! :p

Yeah, yeah, you are right but it's somehow deeply engraved and frankly, is my English really worse than your French or German or Russian? :pensive:
    Cut me some slack, OK

Thanked by 1AlwaysSkint
  • AlwaysSkintAlwaysSkint Member
    edited June 2021

^ Between my 2 quotes; I hear ya!
    Don't get me started on voting in Country leaders, the always vote a particular Party herd, the "me, me, me" crowd, and so on. The Punk in me just had The Clash, Remote Control ring between my ears. :open_mouth:
    Why does a Country's population and economy always need growth, in a resource limited environment? (Rhetorical.) Status quo, or even decline, please. Just like running a server: right-sizing.

@all, this doesn't make me a @jsg fan-boi just that there's room for other viewpoints - or at least there should be.

Thanked by 2jsg dahartigan
This discussion has been closed.