Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

cociu - hostsolutions.ro - NETSILVANIA | Move your services! - Page 75
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

cociu - hostsolutions.ro - NETSILVANIA | Move your services!

Comments

• @cociu thanks for the update and for explaining the situation, it's much appreciated. Like I said right at the start, I had a service that was working and 2 that were involucrated in this, so I knew it's not a deadpool/scam.

I can't help but wonder what the "hurr durr cociu has deadpooled and is a scammer" crowd will say now (except for the shit communication) because they made some pretty big accusations in this thread...

This thread is gold, purely for the accusations that some of the other providers here have made and the completely unprofessional behavior they have demonstrated. It helps me to keep a mental list of providers here who I'm going to either avoid like the plague or potentially become a very vocal detractor of depending on my mood.

• defaultdefault Veteran
    edited June 2021

@dahartigan said:
    [...] because they made some pretty big accusations in this thread...

... and video (from moderator), and offers for leaving @cociu or HostSolutions, and attempts to convince others they are wrong...

(I know, I said I will not post... but thank you @cociu for keeping us updated in all this evilness spilled around here based on speculations)

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • LeviLevi Member

@dahartigan said:
    @cociu thanks for the update and for explaining the situation, it's much appreciated. Like I said right at the start, I had a service that was working and 2 that were involucrated in this, so I knew it's not a deadpool/scam.

I can't help but wonder what the "hurr durr cociu has deadpooled and is a scammer" crowd will say now (except for the shit communication) because they made some pretty big accusations in this thread...

This thread is gold, purely for the accusations that some of the other providers here have made and the completely unprofessional behavior they have demonstrated. It helps me to keep a mental list of providers here who I'm going to either avoid like the plague or potentially become a very vocal detractor of depending on my mood.

You must be very naive to believe in Borta words. Previosly he made some bold statements and failed to deliver. When you receive actual refund - than it is ok. Until than, it is all smoke and mirrors.

• What about the ones who wants vps (amongst 400 users) will they any extensions on plans?

• @LTniger said: it is all smoke and mirrors.

So the new running theory is that cociu just lied to us all in order to extend the window of opportunity to continue his "scam"? I'll admit, that's possible, but I don't believe so - do you?

Thanked by 1jsg
  • @LTniger said: Until than,

Arrgh!

Thanked by 4yoursunny Falzo jsg tjn
  • @dahartigan said:

@LTniger said: it is all smoke and mirrors.

So the new running theory is that cociu just lied to us all in order to extend the window of opportunity to continue his "scam"? I'll admit, that's possible, but I don't believe so - do you?

Only time will show.
    All this could just be a way to not get any more chargebacks until he exits.
    Or he could be honest.
    If only he had a better backtrack of being honest - it would have been much easier to believe a word he says.
    But... i guess Monday® will show.

Thanked by 1bulbasaur
  • The Saga continues..

Thanked by 2dahartigan angelius
  • LeviLevi Member

@dahartigan said:

Just wait for those refunds to roll out, if any. Now, let the boyz speak, fan club is thrilled, non the less.

• @default said:

@dahartigan said:

... and video (from moderator), and offers for leaving @cociu or HostSolutions, and attempts to convince others they are wrong...

And the early involucration of his provider tag too.

Thanked by 1pike
  • @NobodyInteresting said:

@dahartigan said:

Only time will show.
    All this could just be a way to not get any more chargebacks until he exits.
    Or he could be honest.
    If only he had a better backtrack of being honest - it would have been much easier to believe a word he says.
    But... i guess Monday® will show.

cociu keeps avoiding questions about what might have happened to the customers on the sold IPs. And despite his claims about selling non-production hardware, we saw the exact same hardware being sold as was advertised in one of his offers.

Now, he could be completely well-meaning and might refund the affected customers, but I doubt if this will happen given the complete silence he has chosen to maintain.

After all, what's so wrong about mentioning "we're trying to raise funds through a sale of our assets due to the recent incident"?

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

My advice would be, if you're planning on sticking around, make sure you have sufficient sailors to man your ship, and please, if you're not technically strong, that's ok, you have people who are to deal with those things, but at least build up your management and communication skills - after all, this is a business you're running, not some FYP, so be professional in all related aspects.

Nevertheless, thanks for the update and best of luck in keeping your ship afloat.

Thanked by 1tjn
  • @dahartigan said:
    @cociu thanks for the update and for explaining the situation, it's much appreciated. Like I said right at the start, I had a service that was working and 2 that were involucrated in this, so I knew it's not a deadpool/scam.

Hey, if he does the refunds like he said he will, good for him.

But, he still trashed his reputation to no ends with the no communication. That will take years to recover from, if ever.

• @NobodyInteresting said: But... i guess Monday® will show.

I agree 100% with that..

@LTniger said:

@dahartigan said:

Just wait for those refunds to roll out, if any. Now, let the boyz speak, fan club is thrilled, non the less.

In my experience, cociu honors his word when he says he will refound. But, that's not keeping with the popular narrative he's a cold hearted scammer.

• iKeyZiKeyZ Veteran

@dahartigan said:

@default said:

@dahartigan said:

So you think that was not deserved? Of course his provider tag should have been taken with him going radio silent for so long and also promising refunds/updates would be coming on the previous "Monday" that he stated before...

It's great that he's updating us now, but do not forget that he has not helped the situation already.

• @serv_ee said: That will take years to recover from, if ever.

Nah, the real bottom-of-the-barrel lowenders care only about the price.

• @GameTownProjects said:
    Saying nothing was and is always a bad idea.
    It has also happened to me that I could not answer the mass of tickets immediately when there was an outage, but I have ALWAYS had the 10 minutes to write a short statement, even when I was completely on my own.

I really don't want to be in your position, so I wish you all the best and that your company recovers quickly after all customers have been refunded.

Lol, you're fucking witch, you didn't answer your tickets as well, remember what did you say when you were hacked? Remember?

We don't give a fuck about cheap customers and yes we were fucked because you coded an exploitable panel.

Kid go away, please, you're not better at doing this shit.

Thanked by 2dahartigan notarobo
  • @cociu one advice. Let @MikePT handle these things next time, give him more wiggle room and keep him up to date.

All this shit would have been avoided. "Hey we fucked up, selling IPs to refund more info soon" - took about 10 seconds to write that.

• @iKeyZ said:

@dahartigan said:

@default said:

@dahartigan said:

So you think that was not deserved? Of course his provider tag should have been taken with him going radio silent for so long and also promising refunds/updates would be coming on the previous "Monday" that he stated before...

It's great that he's updating us now, but do not forget that he has not helped the situation already.

I'm not saying he shouldn't have had it stripped, more so that I hold the opinion that it was taken a little bit early considering all the years of his participation and contributions to this community.

Nobody is going to disagree with anyone who says that his communication is shit and that he should have kept everyone updated often, but it's hardly a solid basis for a reasonable person to infer that he's a scammer..

• @cociu said:
    Hello All ,

I have not connected in the last days because i am focused in calculate the impact of storage plans affected (not all was affected like many sugest here) , we had 3000 clients afected in this shit so we have decided to make a total (calculate the remain month prepayed ) so the total is 39679 dollars. After know the amount what we need to return we have decided to make refund to all this clients for the prepayed months. I know the comunication was not my strong way ... but like i have told always we have a linmited people here so i have focused in nubers and find a way to not close this business because i have dedicated 9 years of my life in this. So what we have decided is refund this money to the clients (we will start from monday) , only to the affected clients . After some month after this will calm down this clients who will be refunded will have the posibility to buy a new storage plan and get 1 year for free (you can pay only 1 month and we will give 1 year free like compensation) . In the next 3 days we will also recreate 400 vps of 1tb with the hdd what we have recuperate from the old storage rack to the clients who expressed told us to recreate and was not ask for refund.

Also i will ask to some questions :

1) no we do not close , never planned this was a incident and i have not been prepared for this.
    2) some people acuse us for sell 193 prefix ... yes i sell it in order to get money to buy new hdd wich is 2x more expensive this days , we have plenty ips so we have sell the spamed one in order to keep the clear ones. We operate with multiple company and in everyone we have get /22 from RIPE some years ago so we have plenty ips unused so i have decided to sell in order to get cash asap to mantain hostsolutions up and refund the clients affected.

3) Thanks to all who personally call me to ask if is all ok , to mention a message who told us about olx.ro as hi tink we sell the hardware too ... i do this in the last 10 years so no worry the servers wich is for production is for production and was not sell.

4) Sorry to this comunity for my absence but in this period i am not in my best feeling after this incident so with the resource what i have i try to find a middle solution.

5) no we will not close , we will not rebrend , we will not dissaper , the clients with dedicated servers or with any other service active can confirm we had zero downtime this period.

I wil keep connect here to give some news until we will finish the refund process.

6) in order to do this process fast we will delete 1500 tikets (sorry but have people who have opened more than 10 tikets ) and if you still need to open a tiket please proceed , if is related to the incident and you need to have the service recreated please reopen a tiket if not you will be refunded automatically. (please note we can recreate only 400 vps so the first come first serve)

Thanks all.

Good stuff brother. Wish ya all the best.

• Is no one talking about how he's deleting thousand(s) of tickets?

[I guess it's impossible to answer them all, but still]

• LeviLevi Member
    edited June 2021

@caracal said:
    Is no one talking about how he's deleting thousand(s) of tickets?

[I guess it's impossible to answer them all, but still]

Situation is so absurd and unbelievable that actually no one has mental capacity to rationally explain what is happening in all fronts. Ticket removal is insignificant in comparison to whole charade.

• @LTniger said: sharade

Sir, if you continue making mistakes like this, you'll have to face a lecture from @AlwaysSkint.

• LeeLee Veteran

All I saw was a reply intended to try and hold people off a bit longer. But that's just me. It will keep the kids happy and supportive of HS for a while longer.

• rcy026rcy026 Member

@dahartigan said:

This thread is gold, purely for the accusations that some of the other providers here have made and the completely unprofessional behavior they have demonstrated.

Are you for real?
    One provider here has sold ip's that paying customers still use, has like a month of downtime without any kind of communication or information except for sending out new offers, deletes thousands of tickets, and just went public with the fact that he wiped out 3000 vps's and just starts from scratch (although with promises of compensation, I'll give him that).
    This provider you defend, while calling others "unprofessional" for calling him out on it? We must have a seriously different definition of the word unprofessional.

I wish cucio all the best, and I'm sure he has no ill intent, but I will never again buy anything from him. I do not demand much considering that the services are extremely cheap, but straight communication doesn't actually cost anything. The total neglect of communication and the fact that he sold ip's that paying customers were (are?) still assigned to without so much as a notification is as unprofessional as it gets if you ask me.

Shady but yeah, this isn't going to be resolved or cleared over night so I guess we'll just have to wait and see what happens down the road.

He's definitely not going to be getting that provider tag back anytime soon.

• LeviLevi Member

@thedp said:
    Shady but yeah, this isn't going to be resolved or cleared over night so I guess we'll just have to wait and see what happens down the road.

Wanna bet? :D

Thanked by 1AlwaysSkint
  • Can't wait til jsg comes and "I told you so".

@LTniger said:

@thedp said:

That's a tough one to be honest :joy:

• FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire

@LTniger said:

Can I bet?

This discussion has been closed.