Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

cociu - hostsolutions.ro - NETSILVANIA | Move your services! - Page 74
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

cociu - hostsolutions.ro - NETSILVANIA | Move your services!

Comments

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran
    edited June 2021

@serverian said: He goes around and looks for popular views. Then he goes all the length to say the opposite of what he calls the herd view.

I would say that @jsg takes a "hard empiricist" view of the world. He reminds me of a Fair Witness in Heinlein's "Stranger in a Strange Land". Unless there is documented proof, he is not willing to cede something as fact. While a large majority of people might make jumps from point A to point B based on their experience, what they perceive as inevitably true, or just a high likelihood of the connection being made, @jsg holds to a more precise standard.

That's not criticism, just an observation, and like all humans, he's probably not 100% consistent.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited June 2021

@raindog308 said: I would say that @jsg takes a "hard empiricist" view of the world. He reminds me of a Fair Witness in Heinlein's "Stranger in a Strange World". Unless there is documented proof, he is not willing to cede something as fact. While a large majority of people might make jumps from point A to point B based on their experience, what they perceive as inevitably true, or just a high likelihood of the connection being made, @jsg holds to a more precise standard.
    That's not criticism, just an observation, and like all humans, he's probably not 100% consistent.

Wow, that shows some things about you that i like.
    I still hate many kinds of dogs and guns, though.

• Anyone called Borta yet? International calling is a bit expensive where I live, otherwise I'd have done it.

• LeviLevi Member

@stevewatson301 said:
    Anyone called Borta yet? International calling is a bit expensive where I live, otherwise I'd have done it.

Fuck the price, truth is invaluable. And the drama! The drama!

• LeviLevi Member
    edited June 2021

@raindog308 said:

@serverian said: He goes around and looks for popular views. Then he goes all the length to say the opposite of what he calls the herd view.

I would say that @jsg takes a "hard empiricist" view of the world. He reminds me of a Fair Witness in Heinlein's "Stranger in a Strange Land". Unless there is documented proof, he is not willing to cede something as fact. While a large majority of people might make jumps from point A to point B based on their experience, what they perceive as inevitably true, or just a high likelihood of the connection being made, @jsg holds to a more precise standard.

The main problem here, that person is not neutral on his observations. He is so heavily biased that he selects one facts and ignores others for the sake of his own narative. Heinlein's observer is neutral and is not selective, he is driven and evolving by the world around him.

• Jorbox said:
    He said the service will work on Monday but didn’t specify which Monday maybe in 2031.

• @jsg People here are opinionated because every single time a drama thread like this pops up, there have only ever been two outcomes.

1. The provider deadpools
    2. The provider gets acquired (impossible in this case)

I personally disagree with all the people who talk about how this was bound to happen and about how the business is unsustainable and all that stuff. It's all mudslinging imo, they certainly could make a profit by running things in a cheap country, owning their IPs, and buying old, retired servers.

But my past experience with drama threads like this makes me more inclined to think that cociu is probably done. Every time there's people who hold out hope. They have always been disappointed in LET though.

• @Maounique said:

@raindog308 said: I would say that @jsg takes a "hard empiricist" view of the world. He reminds me of a Fair Witness in Heinlein's "Stranger in a Strange World". Unless there is documented proof, he is not willing to cede something as fact. While a large majority of people might make jumps from point A to point B based on their experience, what they perceive as inevitably true, or just a high likelihood of the connection being made, @jsg holds to a more precise standard.

Wow, that shows some things about you that i like.
    I still hate many kinds of dogs and guns, though.

yes, but limited radar too and not 100% accurate... human limitations (error)

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

It's good that people think positively, hope and wish for good things, but sometimes you just need a reality check and accept things as they are instead of how they could have been or how you expect them to be.

Just my two cents ✌️

• @smallbibi said: I personally disagree with all the people who talk about how this was bound to happen and about how the business is unsustainable

Except that the business was unsustainable. Limited promotions are fine, but running promos all the time, will lead to a situation where you're simply not making the money that you spend to provide the service.

• dosaidosai Member

@stevewatson301 said:
    Anyone called Borta yet? International calling is a bit expensive where I live, otherwise I'd have done it.

Use Google voice/dialer.

• BlaZeBlaZe Member, Host Rep
    edited June 2021

@jsg - please read:

@BlaZe said:
    You are a smart person, don't get burned in the fire that you did not start.\

STOP DEFENDING HIM. Move on.

EDIT:
    Unless, you are getting paid (in cash or kind) by him to do so, then its a different story.

• thestothesto Member

Not looking to add to the drama, but I got this after sending an email to support. Was it always like that? This Yahoo email pops up in many places next to the company name.

[email protected]
       (ultimately generated from [email protected])
       host mta6.am0.yahoodns.net [67.195.228.111]
       SMTP error from remote mail server after end of data:
       552 1 Requested mail action aborted, mailbox not found

• Is there any end to this shit?

• @Merlincool said: Is there any end to this shit?

Not in the foreseeable future. Just wait till his Ryzens also starts to deadpool.

• Quite a few bits searching on that email address

@thesto said:
    Not looking to add to the drama, but I got this after sending an email to support. Was it always like that? This Yahoo email pops up in many places next to the company name.

[email protected]

• rcy026rcy026 Member

@thesto said:

[email protected]

This is by design! Cociu is only upgrading his helpdesk software to be able to better help his customers getting their refund!

• @rcy026 said:

@thesto said:

[email protected]

This is by design! Cociu is only upgrading his helpdesk software to be able to better help his customers getting their refund!

Nah. Yahoo is scamming cociu.

• LeviLevi Member

The boyz will interpret non existing mailbox as a source of all non communication. Accidental involucration of mailbox...

• aquaaqua Member, Patron Provider

Seems like his Perfume business is still open.

Thanked by 1lentro
  • M66BM66B Veteran

@thesto said:

[email protected]

Can you please send me a copy of the raw message (EML) file for analysis?

• bdlbdl Member

@serv_ee said:

@rcy026 said:

@thesto said:

[email protected]

Nah. Yahoo is scamming cociu.

Yah-ociu!

Thanked by 1NobodyInteresting
  • Cociu was spotted leaving his DC with 400 involucrated drives to deliver to another romanian provider..

• cociucociu Member
    edited June 2021

Hello All ,

I have not connected in the last days because i am focused in calculate the impact of storage plans affected (not all was affected like many sugest here) , we had 3000 clients afected in this shit so we have decided to make a total (calculate the remain month prepayed ) so the total is 39679 dollars. After know the amount what we need to return we have decided to make refund to all this clients for the prepayed months. I know the comunication was not my strong way ... but like i have told always we have a linmited people here so i have focused in nubers and find a way to not close this business because i have dedicated 9 years of my life in this. So what we have decided is refund this money to the clients (we will start from monday) , only to the affected clients . After some month after this will calm down this clients who will be refunded will have the posibility to buy a new storage plan and get 1 year for free (you can pay only 1 month and we will give 1 year free like compensation) . In the next 3 days we will also recreate 400 vps of 1tb with the hdd what we have recuperate from the old storage rack to the clients who expressed told us to recreate and was not ask for refund.

Also i will ask to some questions :

1) no we do not close , never planned this was a incident and i have not been prepared for this.
    2) some people acuse us for sell 193 prefix ... yes i sell it in order to get money to buy new hdd wich is 2x more expensive this days , we have plenty ips so we have sell the spamed one in order to keep the clear ones. We operate with multiple company and in everyone we have get /22 from RIPE some years ago so we have plenty ips unused so i have decided to sell in order to get cash asap to mantain hostsolutions up and refund the clients affected.

3) Thanks to all who personally call me to ask if is all ok , to mention a message who told us about olx.ro as hi tink we sell the hardware too ... i do this in the last 10 years so no worry the servers wich is for production is for production and was not sell.

4) Sorry to this comunity for my absence but in this period i am not in my best feeling after this incident so with the resource what i have i try to find a middle solution.

5) no we will not close , we will not rebrend , we will not dissaper , the clients with dedicated servers or with any other service active can confirm we had zero downtime this period.

I wil keep connect here to give some news until we will finish the refund process.

6) in order to do this process fast we will delete 1500 tikets (sorry but have people who have opened more than 10 tikets ) and if you still need to open a tiket please proceed , if is related to the incident and you need to have the service recreated please reopen a tiket if not you will be refunded automatically. (please note we can recreate only 400 vps so the first come first serve)

Thanks all.

• LeviLevi Member

@dahartigan said:
    Cociu was spotted leaving his DC with 400 involucrated drives to deliver to another romanian provider..

Well, at least he has pablo escobar among his friends :D

• bdlbdl Member

@cociu said:
    Hello All ,

Thanks all.

Thankyou for an update.

Thanked by 2dahartigan BlaZe
  • 39k usd. Wow.

• bulbasaurbulbasaur Member
    edited June 2021

@cociu said: some people acuse us for sell 193 prefix ... yes i sell it in order to get money to buy new hdd

Can you at least confirm if the users from these IP ranges were migrated, because I hear some of your customers were kept with the same IPs during the time of the sale?

Also, can you not delete the tickets and process people's refund requests? It's like trying to hide your head in the sand to think that the problem will go away.

• HaendlerITHaendlerIT Member, Host Rep

@cociu said:
    but like i have told always we have a linmited people here so i have focused in nubers and find a way to not close this business

Saying nothing was and is always a bad idea.
    It has also happened to me that I could not answer the mass of tickets immediately when there was an outage, but I have ALWAYS had the 10 minutes to write a short statement, even when I was completely on my own.

@cociu said:
    I wil keep connect here to give some news until we will finish the refund process.

If this is automatically implemented for all affected customers, it would at least be proof that there is no malicious intent behind it.

I really don't want to be in your position, so I wish you all the best and that your company recovers quickly after all customers have been refunded.

Thanked by 2AlwaysSkint BBTN
  • bruzlibruzli Member, LIR

In the last 5 years I bought several servers from @cociu, so selling hardware is not new.

This discussion has been closed.