Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Do you have a problem with ZxHost? - Page 32
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Do you have a problem with ZxHost?

Comments

• @fingon said:
    I have made a dispute on paypal.

All my data lost??????!!!!!!!

• fingonfingon Member
    edited February 2018

@lion said:

@fingon said:
    I have made a dispute on paypal.

All my data lost??????!!!!!!!

I dont know yours but mine was lost.
    And I was remembered that I have some backups in AWS Glacier.

I'm lucky.

• LeeLee Veteran

dbman said: What can the debt collectors do if the sole director of company has already migrated to a different continent and no physical assets of the said company are present in UK anymore?

Assuming he has actually moved to Asia and it's not an attempt at avoidance then it only adds to the reasons for doing a chargeback.

• AidanAidan Member
    edited February 2018

dbman said: What can the debt collectors do if the sole director of company has already migrated to a different continent and no physical assets of the said company are present in UK anymore?

File for losses at a (small claims?) court, he won't show up & you'll almost certainly automatically win. Wait a few months & report him if he hasn't paid according to the court order & most likely a warrant will be issued, should he ever decide to return he'll be flagged & picked up at arrivals.

As for actually getting your money back, that's unlikely.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

That comes later, no one here needs to care about that, paypal have an agreement with a UK legal entity.

• As others have mentioned at this point due to the amount of disputes opened in the last 24 hours it's impossible for me to make any further refunds or be able to provide a date when the account will be back in the green to do so.

If you can open a dispute go ahead and do so I will then deal with the repayments to PayPal as required.

Once all the disputes are out the way I can then start to work on refunds to others outside of this.

And to the movement outside of the UK this happened nearly 2 years ago now well before any of this and was nothing to do with this.

I won't be running off leaving anything unpaid where ever I am in the world.

So yes if you can open a dispute go ahead and do this, if you could be kind to state the refund amount required as the pro-rota amount from the original issue date. As most just state the full amount, may only be a few $$ but adds up across everyone to make a larger amount. However understand if you just wish to state the full amount.

Thanked by 3SwordfishBE Miky willie
  • @AshleyUk said:
    start to work on refunds to others outside of this.

Weren't you supposed to "start working on refunds" before the end of last month, IIRC?

Just sayin'

• @Shot2 said:

@AshleyUk said:
    start to work on refunds to others outside of this.

Weren't you supposed to "start working on refunds" before the end of last month, IIRC?

Just sayin'

Correct which I have been but while disputes are open I am unable to do that.

So therefore I will get all disputes out the way and can then focus on just refunds. Hope that makes sense.

• Why are you forcing yourself to do so much work? You need to force your clients into a paypal dispute. At which point you just worry about paying paypal. They will likely give you a payment plan. Or wait until they write it off and then you can pay half that amount to a debt collector.

Getting a refund after 6 months isn't a fucking refund. It's a joke. A slap in the face. Expecting anyone to wait for a refund is also a joke.

• Would have been easier for everybody and saved some time (and bitter feelings) had the "Just open a Paypal dispute" stanza been uttered earlier...

(In my case the 6-month deadline expired yesterday :D Not in a hurry tho. Just bothered by the way this mess has been dealt with)

• MCHPhilMCHPhil Member
    edited February 2018

@Shot2 said:
    Would have been easier for everybody and saved some time (and bitter feelings) had the "Just open a Paypal dispute" stanza been uttered earlier...

(In my case the 6-month deadline expired yesterday :D Not in a hurry tho. Just bothered by the way this mess has been dealt with)

I will say this. A dispute/chargeback is the absolute last option. In this case. No other options have worked and literal months have passed. Just dispute/chargeback.

I'm one of the few that will not utter that damned word unless it's absolutely the only option.

Ash should be so happy and grateful of the customers he had/has. Some of the most patient people I've seen. Jeez. 30 minutes without response at MCH and clients are threatening chargebacks lol. (ok that was one guy, lol. Was just trying to make light of a bad situation.)

Thanked by 1FrankZ
  • @MCHPhil said:

@Shot2 said:
    Would have been easier for everybody and saved some time (and bitter feelings) had the "Just open a Paypal dispute" stanza been uttered earlier...

I will say this. A dispute/chargeback is the absolute last option. In this case. No other options have worked and literal months have passed. Just dispute/chargeback.

I'm one of the few that will not utter that damned word unless it's absolutely the only option.

Ash should be so happy and grateful of the customers he had/has. Some of the most patient people I've seen. Jeez. 30 minutes without response at MCH and clients are threatening chargebacks lol. (ok that was one guy, lol. Was just trying to make light of a bad situation.)

After months of no response, I've finally relented, and agree entirely. Despite Ash's intentions- he just hasn't seemed to do anything, so PayPal as mediator is likely the only hope for getting your money back.

I feel bad for him, but I still don't see why he couldn't have popped up weekly to just say "Hey, I'm still here, and I will do something." until the last two days.

• WSS said: After months of no response

Point exactly. That is not acceptable. Even if you can't make your promises or deadlines. Communicate. It works wonders.

Even if Ash didn't wan't to give too much away, a simple % of refunds requested / processed would have done wonders. Only need to update that weekly or whatever. No other words mentioned really.

Thanked by 2svmo FrankZ
  • @MCHPhil said:
    Even if Ash didn't wan't to give too much away, a simple % of refunds requested / processed would have done wonders. Only need to update that weekly or whatever. No other words mentioned really.

After the post that stated "99%" of the customers had working service, I'm not sure I would believe any posts that stated anything like a certain % of customers have been repaid.

Thanked by 3tarasis MCHPhil FrankZ
  • Saying you cant refund because of the disputes opened in last 24 hours is nonsense. So your saying you had been processing refunds as promised up to this point? 99% do not have their service either.

• @lurch said:
    Saying you cant refund because of the disputes opened in last 24 hours is nonsense.

It isn't, because of previous chargebacks his PayPal balance is negative therefore he can't refund (sent funds) until his balance is 0 at least again.

• MCHPhilMCHPhil Member
    edited February 2018

@lion said:

@lurch said:
    Saying you cant refund because of the disputes opened in last 24 hours is nonsense.

It isn't, because of previous chargebacks his PayPal balance is negative therefore he can't refund (sent funds) until his balance is 0 at least again.

@SonOfAMotherlessGoat said:

@MCHPhil said:

After the post that stated "99%" of the customers had working service, I'm not sure I would believe any posts that stated anything like a certain % of customers have been repaid.

I can't believe his account wasn't already at $0.

• WSSWSS Member
    edited February 2018

@lurch said:
    Saying you cant refund because of the disputes opened in last 24 hours is nonsense. So your saying you had been processing refunds as promised up to this point? 99% do not have their service either.

If you have X number of disputes, PayPal locks your account. Nothing out (excepting by PayPal themselves)- you can pay your current debt into it.

• @WSS said:

@MCHPhil said:

@Shot2 said:

After months of no response, I've finally relented, and agree entirely. Despite Ash's intentions- he just hasn't seemed to do anything, so PayPal as mediator is likely the only hope for getting your money back.

I feel bad for him, but I still don't see why he couldn't have popped up weekly to just say "Hey, I'm still here, and I will do something." until the last two days.

What options do a person have who can't do dispute by PayPal?.

Well, I am one of them. I did dispute already before when the CEPH server suddenly went down and he was planning to close it forever for issues. My main reason for disputing was getting an answer from him on my tickets which has been waiting for long days as he wasn't answering in that time too. Which I clearly stated in my dispute with PayPal. So in the resolution, he offered me a VPS server at least which didn't even last long where he moved most of all his clients who were in CEPH. So I closed my dispute when he solved my case because he provided the support and told me to close dispute then he will help me. But it was very instant support. I didn't thought that by opening dispute is the only way to get a quick reply from someone. But bad luck is you can use dispute one single time. Anyway, I trusted, closed it, received VPS which also didn't last longer than 2 months again. After the last incident, We have done few email communication where he was very interestingly wanted to provide a new VPS service (in payment, not for the one already paid). I was not interested as I have already paid for a service which I wasn't even able to use. Then again he provided a proposal for a VPS but later no more news about it. (I don't need it anymore now) But now I see no support again. This "No" support is not only for me but for every client who is either waiting for a refund, for a VPS or for a response from Ashley. Now, all we can do is waiting and for a miracle.

:)

• @goodone said: Now, all we can do is waiting and for a miracle.

All signs indicate that it's over -- there won't be any miracles. Hopefully, you didn't lose a lot of money.

• Yeah, hopefully the money I paid is used to refund some people eventually. I'm past the window so I'm resigned to the fact that its gone.

goodone said: What options do a person have who can't do dispute by PayPal?.

Long shot, but I know it can be done, you call paypal, explain the situation, i.e. the resolution offered as part of closing the dispute was deliberately misleading to get the dispute closed and the seller did not deliver on his side of the resolution and you would like to reopen the dispute, they may agree to put the dispute in to an appeal.

Thanked by 1goodone
  • fingonfingon Member
    edited February 2018

As I paid over 180 days, PP closed my dispute.

It seems money and VPS all gone.

DO NOT PAY A SERVICE FOR MORE THAN 6 MONTHS IN 1 TIME.

• deankdeank Member, Troll

You can pre-pay for a year. Just don't do it from some random dude running a one-man business.

fingon said: As I paid over 180 days, PP closed my dispute.

It seems money and VPS all gone.

DO NOT PAY A SERVICE FOR MORE THAN 6 MONTHS IN 1 TIME.

Call paypal, request to escalate it to a manager as you want to appeal the decision.

• Anyone who have received the refund from zxhost @AshleyUk? Any update? I'm so stupid that bought a 3 years plan from them.

• deankdeank Member, Troll
    edited February 2018

Those who got any sort of money back appear to be from disputes. I have yet to see a single person who received normal refund.

• I think the latest excuse is that since so many people (rightfully) opened disputes, there's no way to process normal refunds through PayPal. The existing PP account is so far in the negative that it will take an act of God to get it to where there's the possibility of providing refunds again.

• @AnthonySmith said:

goodone said: What options do a person have who can't do dispute by PayPal?.

Long shot, but I know it can be done, you call paypal, explain the situation, i.e. the resolution offered as part of closing the dispute was deliberately misleading to get the dispute closed and the seller did not deliver on his side of the resolution and you would like to reopen the dispute, they may agree to put the dispute in to an appeal.

It is no longer possible to do. Because as I have already closed the claim and marked it as resolved. What paypal say's once it closed then it closed forever.

goodone said: What paypal say's once it closed then it closed forever.

I guess paypal UK are different then, you will have no problem requesting an appeal if you have cause here.