Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Do you have a problem with ZxHost? - Page 31
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Do you have a problem with ZxHost?

Comments

• derpydm said: 84 cent per month loss.

This trolling/gaslighting removes any credibility the rest of your post might have had.

• WSSWSS Member
    edited January 2018

@dbman said:

@WSS said: for your $0.84/month

Stop trivializing it.

You're money is gone, and it's not coming back. Stop bitching about it; that's not going to change.

@dbman said:
    For god's sake my loss isn't 84 cent per month, its 197 dollars. For some it might be in 4 figures.

That's what lawsuits are for. Bumping this thread every week is like professing the ideologies of a 2012 "THE END IS NEAR" book in 2018. It's done and gone. Sucks, and yeah, you got boned. I have, too. I don't keep bumping threads about those shitty providers (who are never coming back).. and Ashley, unlike them, appears to be trying to make it right. He actually came here and said what he was doing.

So he didn't send you a personal email or suck your dick. Sorry about that.

• @WSS said: You're money is gone, and it's not coming back. Stop bitching about it; that's not going to change.

Looks like you know it better than the one who took it.

WSS said: Bumping this thread every week is like professing the ideologies of a 2012 "THE END IS NEAR" book in 2018. It's done and gone.

I am not the only one posting in this topic and my last comment before today was on 6th Jan. If you have taken the loss and moved on, then who is stopping you from ignoring this thread and moving out of it too?

WSS said: and Ashley, unlike them, appears to be trying to make it right. He actually came here and said what he was doing.

Whatever he has been saying has proved to be false or a lie so your dear Ashley hasn't given me any reason to believe him. So unlike them who never came back, he surely is different to keep on continuing his charades.

WSS said: So he didn't send you a personal email or suck your dick. Sorry about that.

Apology accepted although it should come from the defendant and not his lawyer.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

I just spent more time than I would have liked to reading this whole thread.

Actions: provider tag removed primarily due to using service as a ransom on paypal disputes then not providing service or a refund and additionally lack of client communication.

I appreciate Ashley is probably in a terrible situation and may be doing his best, should things turn out positive in the end and reports of active communication with customers that have neither service or a refund become obvious here then the provider tag may be re-applied for.

• @dbman said:

@WSS said: You're money is gone, and it's not coming back. Stop bitching about it; that's not going to change.

Looks like you know it better than the one who took it.

WSS said: Bumping this thread every week is like professing the ideologies of a 2012 "THE END IS NEAR" book in 2018. It's done and gone.

I am not the only one posting in this topic and my last comment before today was on 6th Jan. If you have taken the loss and moved on, then who is stopping you from ignoring this thread and moving out of it too?

WSS said: and Ashley, unlike them, appears to be trying to make it right. He actually came here and said what he was doing.

Whatever he has been saying has proved to be false or a lie so your dear Ashley hasn't given me any reason to believe him. So unlike them who never came back, he surely is different to keep on continuing his charades.

WSS said: So he didn't send you a personal email or suck your dick. Sorry about that.

Apology accepted although it should come from the defendant and not his lawyer.

I'm not after any sympathy, people asked for an update and even though I had sent many emails I gave an update via a post on the LET so anyone that was not receiving emails for one or more reasons could see.

If you feel that was in an act of sympathy then Okie, it was meerly providing an update. Sorry if you feel that you haven't been given any further of an update.

As stated I have refunded people and continue to do so, due to the amount yes I can't refund everyone as soon as I would like to clear the mess quickly and fully. And at same time don't want to spam everyone every few days with the same reply that it is coming.

I can guarantee that quite a few people from this thread who have previously comeneted will already have their refund. And have probably moved on hence no reply for them to confirm as such.

Feel free to drop me a PM with the email attached to your account and I will take a look, as right now I have no idea who you are to look any further into any issues on the account and where the status of your refund is.

• @AshleyUK If you could post here once a week instead of sending out emails, I think that would help with the requests for updates. It would great if each post contained a brief report about refund activity for the previous week. Also, if anyone actually gets a refund, they should post here too. Thanks.

Thanked by 1ucxo
  • @svmo said:

@cpsd said:
    Can you trust a VPS for production after two failures? I won't.

Figures ..
    I would not trust production stuff to any single (small time) provider here in the first place.

Still - getting a replacemet service with not so common specs will be more usefull than a refund, and is of course a way of "Don't being a dick".

@goodone said:

@svmo said:
    @AshleyUK

Good to know you are still standing ..
    Any chance of getting the sustainable replacement service we have discussed in #448291 online ..

I'd rather have a service running than a refund. - If not possible at the moment please put whatever I'm due into my account against future services.

I am also not looking for a refund either if Ashley can manage me a budget VPS :(
    Still waiting for his reply.

No responses to my open ticket - since 7/1 :-( - guess he's still in over his head in dealing with the fallouts...

No response either. He might be busy. My tickets getting auto closed too. So I am just reopening them again just in case it does not get dump into in "Solved Zone". I hope everything becomes fine.

Thanked by 1svmo
  • @AshleyUk said:
    I can guarantee that quite a few people from this thread who have previously comeneted will already have their refund. And have probably moved on hence no reply for them to confirm as such.

Feel free to drop me a PM with the email attached to your account and I will take a look, as right now I have no idea who you are to look any further into any issues on the account and where the status of your refund is.

I PM'd shortly after his post, and have had no answer. I certainly haven't had a refund. It seems a little unlikely to me that anyone who has previously posted in this thread and had got a refund wouldn't post about it.

• @tarasis said:

@AshleyUk said:

I PM'd shortly after his post, and have had no answer. I certainly haven't had a refund. It seems a little unlikely to me that anyone who has previously posted in this thread and had got a refund wouldn't post about it.

On the same boat. No response. Tried Ticketing. His last message was, What short of space I would need for my VPS?. I answered then none. System auto marking every response as solved after no response from support team. I tried several times reopening. But yep as you said. No response. He might be very busy with something.

• LeeLee Veteran

I am not a customer but have read through this, I had coffee to see me through it. I guess the only real point of interest is whether people will get their money back?

Whilst I am sure Ashley is doing his best it seems that his main source of income to achieve that is through hosting. More chargebacks less willing customers, less income, less chance of seeing the money anytime soon even if he is trying.

Noticed his accounts are overdue, there will be no money for that either, strike in the Gazette won't be far away.

Being honest, continue to chase for your money but write it off now and anything you may get back will seem like a bonus.

Has Ashley had previous hosts? Something seems familiar about him.

Lee said: Has Ashley had previous hosts? Something seems familiar about him.

Its not him, I checked :)

Thanked by 2Lee lazyt
  • I see in the other thread that @Falzo made a dispute and successfully got some money. I must admit it is hard not to go and raise on myself. I've only 35 days left before my 180 days runs out.

tarasis said: I see in the other thread that @Falzo made a dispute and successfully got some money. I must admit it is hard not to go and raise on myself. I've only 35 days left before my 180 days runs out.

At this point, assuming I wanted to pay people back, if I was the one owing money to customers, I would for sure chose to deal with 1 regulated body (PayPal) than an angry internet mob (LET).

Seems like the best way forward for everyone is to open a dispute, the host does not contest it (cant atm), you win, you get your refund, then the host can setup a fair monthly payment plan with PayPal to resolve the debt.

Looks like company strike off action may be about to start anyway so the host will be able to write off the debt (sort of).

Thanked by 3ehab tarasis lazyt
  • AnthonySmith said:

Seems like the best way forward for everyone is to open a dispute, the host does not contest it (cant atm), you win, you get your refund

How does that work? Does paypal actually assume the entire risk for 6 months of a merchant's transactions going bad?

edited February 2018

willie said: How does that work? Does paypal actually assume the entire risk for 6 months of a merchant's transactions going bad?

You have 180 days paypal buyer protection, so yeah, you get your money back, you required the protection you are entitled to, then paypal takes the negative balance and sends a debt collector after the account holder.

The account holder can negotiate a repayment plan at £100 p/month (for example), the fee's are high for a reason I guess.

Obviously, no company director wants this as it may impact your personal credit score and once it is considered debt, closing down (or allowing a company to be dissolved) can become difficult, the creditors (PayPal) can put in a protest against strike off action or force bankruptcy as a priority creditor.

Debt collection in the UK is ruthless but fair, you can never get away with it without significantly impacting your self for literally 6 years minimum. my concern here and I would LOVE to be wrong, Ashley knows this and is making sure as many people wait beyond the 180 days as possible to minimize the debt.

If you do not get your claim process started soon and the strike off occurs (worst case) it gets complex to the point of impossible for you to get a penny back.

I hope I am wrong, but frankly none of this gives me a good feeling, so protect yourself, it really won't impact him one way or another in reality if he is being honest about his intent, your actually helping him consolidate the debt to 1 place he can make low monthly payments over time to resolve.

FYI if I had financial issues and owed customers a lot of money that I could not pay back I would be actively encouraging them to put in paypal claims, file charge backs, its my mess after all.

• deankdeank Member, Troll

It is better to open paypal dispute than do a direct CC charge back.

And, yes, if you care about your money as well as moral standards, issue disputes. It's only your right to have money back since service isn't being rendered or is screwed.

I hate to see a guy being pushed into financial downfall but he has handled this poorly and deserves what's coming.

• @tarasis did you read last comment by Anthony.

• Well this turned out to be a HA clusterfuck with nobody saying they got a refund outside of disputes like wtf? the one time i do the right thing and not jump to charge back and it screwed me royally.
    I waited patiently and even opted for the replacement server since charge backs had frozen his paypal and any money was a fantasy.
    The server delivered had disk issues and by the time my ticket got auto closed i got the email about EOL for all suckers services.

• LeeLee Veteran

tarasis said: I've only 35 days left before my 180 days runs out.

Dispute it, you owe the provider nothing.

edited February 2018

@carcosa said:
    Well this turned out to be a HA clusterfuck with nobody saying they got a refund outside of disputes like wtf? the one time i do the right thing and not jump to charge back and it screwed me royally.
    I waited patiently and even opted for the replacement server since charge backs had frozen his paypal and any money was a fantasy.
    The server delivered had disk issues and by the time my ticket got auto closed i got the email about EOL for all suckers services.

Well, I am not defending the host in question, but if people are filing disputes, it's unlikely that he can issue refunds that he promised. His paypal accounts just won't have the money to issue normal refunds after all.

Thanked by 1Falzo
  • LeeLee Veteran

deank said: Well, I am not defending the host in question, but if people are doing disputes, it's unlikely that he can issue refunds that he promised. His paypal accounts just won't have the money to issue normal refunds after all.

Given the disputes at this point and the state of his PayPal account, I would doubt he is going to be able to refund anyway. Hence if you are within 180 days the sensible thing for you as an individual to do is dispute and get the money back.

Really, worrying about who else gets a refund shouldn't be your priority if you can get PayPal to pay out that is far better than waiting for the host.

Thanked by 1Falzo
    edited February 2018

@Lee said:
    Given the disputes at this point and the state of his PayPal account, I would doubt he is going to be able to refund anyway. Hence if you are within 180 days the sensible thing for you as an individual to do is dispute and get the money back.

Really, worrying about who else gets a refund shouldn't be your priority if you can get PayPal to pay out that is far better than waiting for the host.

True. You have paypal protection; use it.

Either way, it seems that more than just a few paid hundreds to this guy on 3-year deals. The dude is in deep shit if he is to pay it all back.

• This thread began in November. It would be high time for those affected to start a dispute.

Thanked by 2Aidan Lee
  • tarasistarasis Member
    edited February 2018

@ehab said:
    @tarasis did you read last comment by Anthony.

I hadn't yet, was spending the evening with my kids. Thanks @AnthonySmith.

I had been holding off, because I wanted to give him a chance but with no-one coming and reporting getting a refund, nor getting a response to my own message, I feel it is time to get Paypal involved.

Edit: Regretfully, I've opened a Dispute.

• Mr_TomMr_Tom Member, Host Rep

Lee said: Noticed his accounts are overdue

I saw that... not a good sign really as at the very least it will surely have a fine with it - which will only make things worse.

• @AnthonySmith said: Debt collection in the UK is ruthless but fair, you can never get away with it without significantly impacting your self for literally 6 years minimum.

He took care of that already:

AshleyUk said: And for the people that don't know I actually no longer live in the UK. And moved to Asia quite a while ago.

• dbman said: ZXHost having lost all credibility for me, I actually have much respect for the customers here who have shown much more patience than desired and still waiting for a final resolution. They might just turn out to be the ones who will end up getting "hurt" more in terms of time & money than the ones who were able to and have chargebacked already.

I said that a month back and got the wrath of ZXHost sympathizers and a lecture on why not to do charge-back. Its funny that the same people are now joining the chorus in advising everyone to dispute the payment ASAP as their only chance to get the money.

Thanked by 1FrankZ
  • fingonfingon Member
    edited February 2018

I have made a dispute on paypal.

@dbman the company is a U.K. Legal entity where he lives really does not matter much in this context.

It's great being wise after the fact but chargeback usually is people's last resort, granted I would not have been as generous as most in here, I only read the initial thread about a week ago for the first time as I felt duty bound to do so.

• @AnthonySmith said: the company is a U.K. Legal entity where he lives really does not matter much in this context.

What can the debt collectors do if the sole director of company has already migrated to a different continent and no physical assets of the said company are present in UK anymore?

AnthonySmith said: It's great being wise after the fact but chargeback usually is people's last resort, granted I would not have been as generous as most in here, I only read the initial thread about a week ago for the first time as I felt duty bound to do so.

Wasn't pointing at you. You joined the discussion just recently. Those who been extra-generous and have changed the stance now, know it.