Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Do you have a problem with ZxHost? - Page 33
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Do you have a problem with ZxHost?

Comments

• @AnthonySmith

Probably includes the rest of Europe, anyway.

• So everyone ready to sign up with Ashley's next company?

• Mr_TomMr_Tom Member, Host Rep

I don't think anyone on here was still a customer of ZX but my replacement VM is now down.

If I ping it I get:

36 bytes from 62.113.192.77: Time to live exceeded

note: that's not my VM ip address that responds.

• @Mr_Tom said:
    I don't think anyone on here was still a customer of ZX but my replacement VM is now down.

If I ping it I get:

36 bytes from 62.113.192.77: Time to live exceeded

note: that's not my VM ip address that responds.

After my original ZXHost VM went down in early December, I was able to finally get a replacement VM in early January after filing a Paypal dispute.
    Just like you, my replacement VM is down as of yesterday with no warning or explanation. Hopefully this time around it's a short-lived problem, but the lack of communication is worrisome.

• deankdeank Member, Troll

The dead horse has been beaten so many times that it puts Walking Dead to its absolute shame.

The horse doesn't even have bones left. I now simply see a small crater.

Thanked by 2MCHPhil vimalware

DrFreeze said: Just like you, my replacement VM is down as of yesterday with no warning or explanation. Hopefully this time around it's a short-lived problem, but the lack of communication is worrisome.

From what I understand based on traceroute/ping responses part of the route has been removed.

My assumption (although I hope not) is that 23media haven't been paid and have cut the route as first point.

I did open a ticket, but no reply.

I gave them the benefit of the doubt before as I got a replacement VM quickly... I'm gunna give it a bit longer but not got much hope after previous events and this thread lol.

• markxsmarkxs Member
    edited February 2018

Same here, I had some down time in December when this happened, but since it kind of worked then I had one down time in January and now again.
    I was nice enough and had enough patience, problems can occur I agree but since there is absolute no communication tickets are ignored, I have opened a dispute because this makes no sense anymore. I suggest you guys do the same and move on.

• @Mr_Tom said:
    I did open a ticket

Lol. Sorry, can't help it.

@mksh said:

@Mr_Tom said:
    I did open a ticket

Lol. Sorry, can't help it.

lol understandable. It had worked previously though.

• dfroedfroe Member, Host Rep
    edited February 2018

And it's up again; let's see how long. The uptime of my VPS didn't reset, so most likely 23media removed the network (temporarily).

Unfortunately IPv6 is still unreachable. I cannot ping my IPv6 gateway. I opened a ticket regarding this 7 weeks ago but to be honest I do not expect a reply anymore. Is IPv6 working for anybody having a replacement VPS in 23media Datacenter?

dfroe said: And it's up again; let's see how long. The uptime of my VPS didn't reset, so most likely 23media removed the network (temporarily).

Yeah, my monitoring just emailed to say mine is now responding. As yours, uptime hasn't changed.

I suspect 23media removed the network route, hopefully a one time thing :/

• Mine's up too. I'm going to stay optimistic that all the problems are resolved and we can expect that such downtime will never happen again.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider
    edited February 2018

DrFreeze said: Mine's up too. I'm going to stay optimistic that all the problems are resolved and we can expect that such downtime will never happen again.

I am obviously one unlucky son of a bitch, I cant even imagine how good your life must be to be able to be that optimistic at this stage of all of this.

Thanked by 2bugrakoc goodone
  • @AnthonySmith said:

DrFreeze said: Mine's up too. I'm going to stay optimistic that all the problems are resolved and we can expect that such downtime will never happen again.

I am obviously one unlucky son of a bitch, I cant even imagine how good your life must be to be able to be that optimistic at this stage of all of this.

I figured it out.

Thanked by 3Falzo ehab bugrakoc

@AnthonySmith said:

haha!

I'm normally pretty optimistic - hopefully just a blip lol.

It is turning me into a LET hoarder though - buying any storage offers lol.

• DrFreeze said: After my original ZXHost VM went down in early December, I was able to finally get a replacement VM in early January after filing a Paypal dispute.

nice. never seen my replacement VM up after the EOL date announced (~20 Jan).

• @Mr_Tom is yours down again? Was yesterday as well periodically, waiting for paypal to resolve this, I could host more reliably from home, complete joke

@markxs said:
    @Mr_Tom is yours down again? Was yesterday as well periodically, waiting for paypal to resolve this, I could host more reliably from home, complete joke

It's been up and down since about yesterday lunch time. Either down 100% or 20-40% packet loss (from my monitoring location anyway).

• And... mine's down again. Staying optimistic anyway.

• Mines down again as well. Looks like tracert gets to 23media and then times out. Its weird that it's been up and down for a day at a time though. Like if they weren't paid why did it come back up at all?

• Yes weird, but who knows since there is no info and tickets are ignored, I dont even care about it coming back and working perfectly normal, Ill just stick with the dispute

• @AnthonySmith said:

goodone said: What paypal say's once it closed then it closed forever.

I guess paypal UK are different then, you will have no problem requesting an appeal if you have cause here.

Yea, maybe for EU it works. It's time to get another lowend storage. But not with the same mistake and single owner. :/ well, thanks though.

Most people doing ping trace, checking server blah blah blah. But it won't be coming back. I do not understand what they are trying to accomplish with it. It's GONE. If you can do dispute then do it now. Either way, wait for the owner to respond back with a helpful reply stating a confirm money return or a new free VPS and that will only occur if a miracle happens.

Well, my VM is now backup again but their billing area is down.

I gave ZX/Ashley the benefit of the doubt before as I got my new VM quickly and it was faster than the previous one. I also figured he seemed to be trying to help somewhat, and perhaps staying as a paying customer would help.

Also, companies house is showing their accounts are overdue too - never a good sign.

Oh well lol.

• Are you sure its back? :)

@markxs said:
    Are you sure its back? :)

It was lol.

Given up now.

• Yeah mine was up as well.

• No no problem with Zxhost, just with this thread and beating a dead horse.

It's gone you lost your shit move on, or sue him. Whining here won't change it, and before anyone says stop whining about this post, you can piss right the fuck off. This is the first time I have posted about this, and I only did it because the pissy whiners are taking over.

Thanked by 1mksh
  • AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider
    edited March 2018

@AuroraZ said:
    No no problem with Zxhost, just with this thread and beating a dead horse.

It's gone you lost your shit move on, or sue him. Whining here won't change it, and before anyone says stop whining about this post, you can piss right the fuck off. This is the first time I have posted about this, and I only did it because the pissy whiners are taking over.

Not quite how I would have put it, but I get the point, probably is sinky time

• @AuroraZ said:

Please if you dont have a clue just shut your mouth instead, why is commenting whining?
    See, I didnt lost anything when all this happened, my VM worked with exception of a few down times before this last one.
    Also my renewal was due in January and I explicitly asked before paying again to avoid all this, and here is the ticket: https://prnt.sc/injubu
    So YES, YES a big problem with Zxhost, and the mentality like yours.

• @markxs said:

@AuroraZ said:

Please if you dont have a clue just shut your mouth instead, why is commenting whining?
    See, I didnt lost anything when all this happened, my VM worked with exception of a few down times before this last one.
    Also my renewal was due in January and I explicitly asked before paying again to avoid all this, and here is the ticket: https://prnt.sc/injubu
    So YES, YES a big problem with Zxhost, and the mentality like yours.

Please don't take it the wrong way, but did you renew your service even after reading all that's been discussed on this thread?

Don't you think it would have been safer to your data to move your server to another "more stable" provider?

ZXHost may rebirth from the ashes like a Phoenix, and my best wishes to Ashley, but would you bet your valuable data on that?