Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Do you have a problem with ZxHost? - Page 29
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Do you have a problem with ZxHost?

Comments

• WSSWSS Member

@Nekki said:

WSS said: Then that's possibly an issue.

It isn't really an issue for me, because I've been expecting this to happen, I'm more interested to know if I should waste my time raising it with support, or if this was entirely expected and I can just remove the red circle once and for all.

Honestly, anyone expecting anything from this point is likely full-on delusional. I feel sorry for Ashley, but the people still bitching about their $10 service just needs to get over it. It's gone.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • WSS said: Honestly, anyone expecting anything from this point is likely full-on delusional. I feel sorry for Ashley, but the people still bitching about their $10 service just needs to get over it. It's gone.

That doesn't sound like my service. I had a custom deal well before the 3 year plans came around.

• WSSWSS Member

@Nekki said:

WSS said: Honestly, anyone expecting anything from this point is likely full-on delusional. I feel sorry for Ashley, but the people still bitching about their $10 service just needs to get over it. It's gone.

That doesn't sound like my service. I had a custom deal well before the 3 year plans came around.

The "Custom Deal" folks seem to actually be somewhat fine, but I've only seen like 3 of those posts for the 40,000 "MUHH BACKUPS". I'd write it off, myself, but I don't have any insight into your setup. Maybe follow the IP upstream and see what they can tell you?

• Mr_TomMr_Tom Member, Host Rep

@Nekki said:
    I can't be arsed to read all the comments, so help a bruvva out - is my server supposed to be off now?

If your service was a LET special then I believe yes they were taken out of service yesterday.

If it wasn't and was working before the 20th then it's either been confused for a let offer and taken down, or something is wrong lol.

• WSS said: Maybe follow the IP upstream and see what they can tell you?

It's with Hetzner, so no dice.

Interestingly, I've just found out where Mr Merrick lives, not a million miles from my neck of the woods.

svmo said: You could try to see if the VNC in Virtualizor will connect - that gives you the IP of the host as well.. .. less 'intrusive' than attempting a restart.

VNC in Virtualizor doesn't work, possibly as it thinks it's down?

• WSSWSS Member

@Nekki said:

WSS said: Maybe follow the IP upstream and see what they can tell you?

It's with Hetzner, so no dice.

Damn.

Interestingly, I've just found out where Mr Merrick lives, not a million miles from my neck of the woods.

Good luck bud!

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

Eventually all services will be shutdown. Trust me, I can smell it coming.

Nekki said: It's with Hetzner, so no dice.

I believe mine is 23media

• Control panel's gone too. N'mind.

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • WSSWSS Member

welp

• WSS said: welp

Y'know, I never actually found out what that's supposed to mean. Never got around to it.

• WSSWSS Member

@Nekki said:

WSS said: welp

Y'know, I never actually found out what that's supposed to mean. Never got around to it.

It's either a yelping noise, or just a slightly dismissive statement which implies either the obvious, or someone else being a fucktard.

Generally, it's "Well that happened" in execution.

• WSS said: It's either a yelping noise, or just a slightly dismissive statement which implies either the obvious, or someone else being a fucktard.

So more-or-less a slightly shorter replacement for 'oh well..'.

• WSSWSS Member

@Nekki said:

WSS said: It's either a yelping noise, or just a slightly dismissive statement which implies either the obvious, or someone else being a fucktard.

So more-or-less a slightly shorter replacement for 'oh well..'.

Yeah, but less millennial at the same time.

• WSS said: Yeah, but less millennial at the same time.

Less millennial?

• WSSWSS Member
    edited January 2018

@Nekki said:

WSS said: Yeah, but less millennial at the same time.

Less millennial?

Yep. They just take a selfie and sneer.

"welp" is Martin Freeman as Tim Canterbury giving a smirk after taunting Gareth.

• WSS said: Yep. They just take a selfie and sneer.

I hate them so.

Thanked by 1brueggus
  • WSSWSS Member

@Nekki said:

WSS said: Yep. They just take a selfie and sneer.

I hate them so.

Good policy.

Thanked by 1brueggus
  • deankdeank Member, Troll
    edited January 2018

lol, from the way I see it @WSS owned @willie here. Thanks for the laughs.

• @Nekki

Looks like more than the LET specials at Hetzner were scheduled for shutdown
    https://freevps.us/thread-21730.html

@svmo said:
    @Nekki

Do you think they were an "offer" services as well?

I can only go on what I was told, which was that only LET specials were being EOL, the rest would be fine and zx was just going to stick to normal VPS/plex style services.

Doesn't appear to be anyone else on here with a working server...

Thanked by 1svmo
  • @Mr_Tom said:

@svmo said:
    @Nekki

I can only go on what I was told, which was that only LET specials were being EOL, the rest would be fine and zx was just going to stick to normal VPS/plex style services.

Mine was an ‘offer’ of sorts, just not one that other folks had.

I’m going to go ahead and assume it’s dead and move on. Not like I could risk putting any data on there for very long anyhow and the rest of the spec was minimal so the server was effectively useless.

Thanked by 1svmo
  • @Mr_Tom said:

@svmo said:
    @Nekki

From what I read - it was a sponsorship from Ashley offering a number free vps to this organization ...
    I guess reducing the number of nodes running at Hetzner is to cutdown on costs

The recent Plex stuff seems to have been offered on hardware from 23media - the E5 2620 cpu's
    and network connectivity fits what they offer. - So maybe 23media offer a better/more flexible deal. -

Found this : webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1566320

Seems you can get started for a reasonable sum with theese boxes (cheaper than Hetzner's Dell )

On the plus side we haven't heard of any new takedowns/crashes at 23media ...

.. still hoping to eventually get provisioned in your neighborhood ... ;-)

Those server specs match my VPS cpu spec, but looking at the RAM/HD you wouldn't get many VMs per node?

Ashley said the new services they were offering (I had expressed interest) would be hosted at Hetzner... which would be better as existing appears to be 23media.

Thanked by 1svmo
  • @Mr_Tom said:
    Those server specs match my VPS cpu spec, but looking at the RAM/HD you wouldn't get many VMs per node?

Ashley said the new services they were offering (I had expressed interest) would be hosted at Hetzner... which would be better as existing appears to be 23media.

Well we will just have to see ... Guess it depends on who's the cheaper for delivering the config you want.

• I had the last communication via ticket in december, at which Ashley wrote he'd be hoping to be able to process refunds early in january. haven't heard anything since, so I replied to that ticket on hold last friday to see if there is a solution before more payments go out of the disputable window. I asked to solve it before this week starts, nothing happened.

now I decided to not wait any longer and clear up on the paypal issues and stuff and opened disputes for what is left.

Ashley answered those within minutes:

As per our emails refunds will be processed as soon as we have avaliable money to do so, some have already been processed however due to the amount this will take time.

Due to this opening a dispute has no benefit to this as we do not have the avaliable balance to process your refund either via normal methods or a PayPal dispute so we are unable to action the dispute in anyway.

I am near London at the weekend, so maybe I should pick up my money just by knocking at his door.

will give it a few more days before escalating to a claim but don't expect anything to happen anyway...

still sorry to see some business relationship that worked decent for me since 2015 end in that way.

• Falzo said:

I am near London at the weekend, so maybe I should pick up my money just by knocking at his door.

He probably doesn't have it. You did the right thing opening the dispute even though he apparently can't pay it at the moment. It's better to not let the window go past without opening it, if you want to go that route at all. This way it can presumably stay open until it is paid.

• @Falzo said:

Don’t go to Canvey.

Thanked by 1Falzo
  • AshleyUkAshleyUk Member
    edited January 2018

I didn't want to reply directly to this topic any further however.

I have been processing refunds as and when possible from remaining client base income + my own personal funds.

As I have stated from the start I will process refunds as soon as I can, I don't want to leave anyone out of their money and I will make sure everyone gets back what they are owed. However I can't provide an exact date of X for everyone's refunds.

Yes the earlier disputes did hit hard as PayPal would give them a full refund even if they has made use of 6 months of service. However since then I have been able to process quite a few refunds through the normal methods, and will continue to do so.

My PayPal dispute reply was meerly to state that I would happily close the dispute with a refund. But not having the money avaliable in the PayPal account I am unable to do that. And im not just ignoring the dispute or tickets

Again I won't be running off, everyone will get their money back as stated however I sadly can't do that Instantly. The whole CEPH crash hit me both physically and finacially so its not something I can just process for everyone today. Otherwise I would happily do so.

And for the people that don't know I actually no longer live in the UK. And moved to Asia quite a while ago.

Also to the bankrupt messages, yes I could go that route but with the LTD having no assets there is a good chance 99% of you would end up with no refund.

Where i would rather continue to operate as possible with remaining client base and make sure everyone does get there refunds. I guess as the saying goes you don't hear from the people with good news but I have already processed refunds in the ££££ over the last 60 days.