Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Do you have a problem with ZxHost? - Page 30
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Do you have a problem with ZxHost?

Comments

• @AshleyUk said:
    And for the people that don't know I actually no longer live in the UK. And moved to Asia quite a while ago.

It’s ok, no-one would risk going to see you in Canvey anyway.

Thanked by 1AshleyUk
  • I also had mine go "Retired" in the cp yesturday and asked in ticket to confirm if its really gone, even thou ashley mentioned my plan continues.... still wait for reply.

I will not open dispute even if i had the option for just one reason - ashley was generous to x2 my initial plan with him for free. I have to believe he will refund us one day.

Time to look up backup plan B --- get it backp ...oky thats enough

• eloftyelofty Member
    edited January 2018

• ehabehab Member
    edited January 2018

@elofty i sawww what you said, why did you delete it. looked normal to me?

• fbrassinfbrassin Member
    edited January 2018

I will not ask for a refund, i just would like to know if my vps, not working starting from yestarday has gone or if it will be back.
    I opened a ticket for this.
    I hope i will be unswered soon.

• @ehab said:
    @elofty i sawww what you said, why did you delete it. looked normal to me?

I hadn't read the official reply yet, I still stand by my actions though, the host's communication has been shocking throughout the whole process. Endless promises. Just glad I can now move on and hopefully everyone else can too...

• AshleyUk said: Where i would rather continue to operate as possible with remaining client base and make sure everyone does get there refunds. I guess as the saying goes you don't hear from the people with good news but I have already processed refunds in the ££££ over the last 60 days.

I do believe your saying and would happily have provided good news here all the way.

As per the ticket history I tried to not add unneccessary pressure and waited as long as possible without throwing away the small leverage a paypal dispute gives, I think that's fair enough.

I also believe you're trying hard on the refunds esp. out of own funds (already guessed about that earlier in this topic) and of course respect your efforts.

Yet I got the feeling the refunds most likely happened base on a queue out of paypal disputes/claims - leaving those people out in the rain, that didn't do the same and tried to be patient.

therefore I don't see any other way then finally getting into that queue now myself.

@Nekki said:

@Falzo said:

I am near London at the weekend, so maybe I should pick up my money just by knocking at his door.

Don’t go to Canvey.

that ofc was just a joke, because of my travel plans and you pointing out earlier that Ashley might live near you ;-)

Thanked by 1AshleyUk
  • raynorraynor Member
    edited January 2018

BTW just got answer to my support ticket after 20 Jan shutdown:

"We sent out an email at the start of the year confirming the LET plans would be EOL from 20th.
    And pro-Rota refunds would be sent from then onwards.
    Thanks, Ashley Merrick"

There is not any such letter from ZXHost. Was ready for this shit happens anyway, so rip my great cheap and reliable (shut up!) 1Tb storage server, got 2Tb from Online.net sale and have transferred my data there before shutdown ;)

LET Storage Special is legen-wait-for-it-[connection lost]

• hey @AshleyUk, i think its time you send an email to all those Retired vps so we won't bother you anymore. Thank you.

Thanked by 1AshleyUk
  • @ehab said:
    hey @AshleyUk, i think its time you send an email to all those Retired vps so we won't bother you anymore. Thank you.

An email was sent out at the start of the year, and was posted into this thread by a client.

I can send a follow up email however don't think content would be any different.

• ehabehab Member
    edited January 2018

i must say i never got an email what so ever about this storage problem or the "retired" thing. Only via support tickets i was fortunate to have your attention for a replacement that didn't last long :(

Now is a good time to really make sure all those affected get a final closure email.

best wishes for a quick recovery
    Thank you.

• Mr_TomMr_Tom Member, Host Rep

I didn't get the EOL email (as didn't affect me) but I have not received some of the other emails previously.
    Not sure what's gone on but a couple have definitely been missed.

• @AshleyUK

Good to know you are still standing ..
    Any chance of getting the sustainable replacement service we have discussed in #448291 online ..

I'd rather have a service running than a refund. - If not possible at the moment please put whatever I'm due into my account against future services.

Thanked by 1Mr_Tom
  • fingon said: Anyone got Pro-Rota refunds that ZXhost was promised?

no

• Ashley, thanks for posting and I really do hope that this all works out.

• @epaslv said:

fingon said: Anyone got Pro-Rota refunds that ZXhost was promised?

no

99% got their refunds.

Nah.

• We are the 99%

• @svmo said:
    @AshleyUK

Any chance of getting the sustainable replacement service we have discussed in #448291 online ..

I'd rather have a service running than a refund. - If not possible at the moment please put whatever I'm due into my account against future services.

I am also not looking for a refund either if Ashley can manage me a budget VPS :(
    Still waiting for his reply.

• Can you trust a VPS for production after two failures? I won't.

@goodone said:

@svmo said:
    @AshleyUK

I am also not looking for a refund either if Ashley can manage me a budget VPS :(

• svmosvmo Member
    edited January 2018

@cpsd said:
    Can you trust a VPS for production after two failures? I won't.

Figures ..
    I would not trust production stuff to any single (small time) provider here in the first place.

Still - getting a replacemet service with not so common specs will be more usefull than a refund, and is of course a way of "Don't being a dick".

@goodone said:

@svmo said:
    @AshleyUK

No responses to my open ticket - since 7/1 :-( - guess he's still in over his head in dealing with the fallouts...

• My ticket about a refund was deleted/got lost - VMCP says my server is "stopped" but I can log in to SSH just fine and it seems to work alright although I'm not using it anymore.

• Mr_TomMr_Tom Member, Host Rep

vmp32k said: VMCP says my server is "stopped" but I can log in to SSH just fine and it seems to work alright although I'm not using it anymore.

Mine is the same since a random reboot the other morning. Server on and responding fine but Virtualisor says offline. I opened a ticket just to let Ashley know and he said they were working on a new control panel and details would be sent soon about the new panel.

• Thanked by 1Aidan
  • @carcosa said:

The horse is very much alive and has gulped our money.

• WSSWSS Member

@dbman said:
    The horse is very much alive and has gulped our money.

He's living it up in Bermuda for your $0.84/month. FIGHT THE STUPIDITYPOWER!

Thanked by 1svmo
  • @WSS said: for your $0.84/month

Stop trivializing it. After pre-paying 200 bucks for 3 years, I got service for just 3 months (that is 2.5 bucks out of 200). Not even going into how those 3 months were. There are people who had pre-payed much more than me (someone mentioned of a 900~ bill). THE SERVICE NO LONGER EXISTS SO THERE IS NO "/month" you keep on referring to. LET cries foul over 10-12$/yr of services going kaput. This is way beyond those scams and the provider kept evading the forum and has showed complete apathy to his clients. He chimed in above only when some of us started losing patience and some damage control needed to be done.

And Mr. @AshleyUk, we have also paid from our personal funds only and not by any fund-raiser, so you are not doing any charity " IF " you have refunded from your "personal" funds. Stop garnering sympathy out of some of the gullible souls here.

Thanked by 4willie FrankZ ucxo Yura
  • @dbman said:

@WSS said: for your $0.84/month

Stop trivializing it. After pre-paying 200 bucks for 3 years, I got service for just 3 months (that is 2.5 bucks out of 200). Not even going into how those 3 months were. There are people who had pre-payed much more than me (someone mentioned of a 900~ bill). THE SERVICE NO LONGER EXISTS SO THERE IS NO "/month" you keep on referring to. LET cries foul over 10-12$/yr of services going kaput. This is way beyond those scams and the provider kept evading the forum and has showed complete apathy to his clients. He chimed in above only when some of us started losing patience and some damage control needed to be done.

And Mr. @AshleyUk, we have also paid from our personal funds only and not by any fund-raiser, so you are not doing any charity " IF " you have refunded from your "personal" funds. Stop garnering sympathy out of some of the gullible souls here.

Salt alert?

You're the one who hopped on an unsustainable deal here.

Also, guy's literally using his own money and probably not fucking yours (with the whole PayPal thing and all).

But yes, you lose $100/hour this server's down right? Stop acting like he's out to gain sympathy. The fact that he hasn't deadpooled and is still processing refunds means he's already better than half these summerhosts. You are evidently bitter about your 84 cent per month loss.

• dbmandbman Member
    edited January 2018

derpydm said: You're the one who hopped on an unsustainable deal here.

Stop putting the blame on those who purchased the service because host in question wasn't a summer host and had a good standing on this forum at that time. Those who bought it, bought out of that trust factor. But the trust proved to be misplaced by the ill-treatment they received. A few years back even a $15/yr VPS seemed like a uber crazy deal yet people were queuing outside BuyVM to add more stock and happily paying for multiple such VPSs caz it was from a trusted provider. Imagine the outrage it would have been if Francisco had done a ZXHost at that time and vanished after a month. You would have still blamed the user for buying it? The onus of financial planning for a deal isn't on a customer, its on the provider.

Also, guy's literally using his own money and probably not fucking yours (with the whole PayPal thing and all).

How do you know? The only thing I know is that my money isn't with me anymore nor do I have the service I had paid for. His PayPal issues are none of my concern. Am I responsible for him creating a mess with PayPal by ignoring the initial complaints and tickets of users and inviting charge-backs and disputes in the process? He simply got what he asked for. What "personal money" you are talking about? Why should I be bothered whether he sells his car, house or bonds to do the refunds? These things should be transparent to the customers.

But yes, you lose $100/hour this server's down right? Stop acting like he's out to gain sympathy.

I fail to understand whether the fallacy you guys keep on coming with is out of sheer ignorance or blind support towards a provider who is proving himself to be dubious.

The fact that he hasn't deadpooled and is still processing refunds means he's already better than half these summerhosts.

Ya neither he has deadpooled nor has his company. Only the considerable pre-payments done by unfortunate customers got deadpooled. At least this thread hasn't shown any signs of refunds whatsoever. I even highlighted the sale tricks he pulled to catch more unsuspecting users just before declaring the closure of these storage plans. Its much more shitty when such lackluster, evasive and dubious attitude is shown by a established provider than when its a summerhost. You can be more forgiving to a new host on the account of lack of experience on his part and lack of trust on him on your part.

You are evidently bitter about your 84 cent per month loss.

For god's sake my loss isn't 84 cent per month, its 197 dollars. For some it might be in 4 figures.

Thanked by 2FrankZ ucxo
  • @dbman

Mate, clearly you need to calm down.

Yes, he's in the wrong, but you're in no position to keep kicking his ass.

I even highlighted the sale tricks he pulled to catch more unsuspecting users just before declaring the closure of these storage plans.

Good for you. If you're capable of analyzing that, why couldn't you make a good decision on the sustainability of the plan?

For god's sake my loss isn't 84 cent per month, its 197 dollars. For some it might be in 4 figures.

Racking up sympathy is exactly what you"re doing. But you won't get any.

Yes, you suffered a loss. So did we. I only lost half a year's worth, so I can't empathize with you on your current situation.

Ashley's doing his best, let him be if it means you only getting a partial refund. For all we care, we knew what we signed up for and didn't keep anything that wasn't already backed up on the server.

• @FlamesRunner said: Mate, clearly you need to calm down.

I was keeping calm only until the supporters of the host went overboard and started painting all the fault on the buyers who "knew" what they were buying. I for one didn't knew that I am falling into a trap. If others did knew then kudos to their wisdom.

FlamesRunner said: Good for you. If you're capable of analyzing that, why couldn't you make a good decision on the sustainability of the plan?

Its not my job to figure out the sustainability of a plan. I AM NOT a host. All I saw was a host with a resonably good reputation offering a good plan on a long term payment. People have generally been saying good things about the host so I felt that my money is safe and I went ahead. Hang me for reading reviews and making a decision based on that.

FlamesRunner said: Racking up sympathy is exactly what you"re doing. But you won't get any.

I am not seeking any sympathy from the board but countering that which this host is getting for no reason whatsoever. And it would be better if you just speak for yourself and not the entire LET. His evasiveness towards his clients pre and post this failure should be a reason enough for LET to not be soft on him. Yet I keep seeing otherwise which frankly irritates me more than the financial loss involved. A lot more money of others is getting wasted by him and if they are quiet for the time being, that doesn't mean I should also be.

FlamesRunner said: For all we care, we knew what we signed up for and didn't keep anything that wasn't already backed up on the server.

Why are you bringing that? Do you see anyone bitching about data loss here?

Thanked by 1ucxo