Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Do you have a problem with ZxHost? - Page 27
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Do you have a problem with ZxHost?

Comments

• Shot2Shot2 Member
    edited January 2018

(keep in mind that I have neither hope nor expectation for a refund, as it was pretty clear from the beginning that such an unsustainable plan would fail big when it were to fail.
    Just finding it funny that some IT guy can't even keep a basic http server online, if only to serve a "404 - You are fucked" static page)

Do you have any hard evidence that he even attempted to setup alternative options?
    The whole Ceph bug recovery transfer relocation yaddi yadda + him being eternally silent unless pressed hard by the Paypal Gestapo... might as well be a poor scam by a lazy crook. (Just a hypothesis, no offense intended.) How could we tell?

edit: gotta love your sig, btw.

• WSSWSS Member

@Shot2 said:
    Do you have any hard evidence that he even attempted to setup alternative options?
    The whole Ceph bug recovery transfer relocation yaddi yadda + him being eternally silent unless pressed hard by the Paypal Gestapo... might as well be a poor scam by a lazy crook. (Just a hypothesis, no offense intended.) How could we tell?

Other than the people here bitching about their new VPS shitting themselves months later, others bitching that they never got one, or the mail archives of ceph issues? No. It's complete speculation, and everyone else involved is obviously trying like hell to make it seem legitimate for the $0.02 they got for being part of the conspiracy.

edit: gotta love your sig, btw.

Yes.

• Mr_TomMr_Tom Member, Host Rep

I might be one of the special people (on LET anyway) who got a replacement VM which works better than the previous VM... and is still working - was a non-LET offer which I was assured would keep running.

Other than a reboot for meltdown it's been fine.

I can't comment on refunds for other people other than any mention I had regarding any refund if required would be sorted by end of Jan...

Ticket responses and general communication is poor though - unless you send the ticket in at the time Ashley is working on something it seems lol.

• @kisiek said:
    Does any one already get refund ?

No, and likely never will.

• WSS said: I like that all of you who paid peanuts months/years ago thinks he didn't already go broke trying to setup alternative options when his entire infrastructure shit itself.

I don't give a shit and nobody should either, shit providers like this should go down

• WSSWSS Member

@epaslv said:

WSS said: I like that all of you who paid peanuts months/years ago thinks he didn't already go broke trying to setup alternative options when his entire infrastructure shit itself.

I don't give a shit and nobody should either, shit providers like this should go down

When something out of your ability goes haywire, your life should go to shit too, huh? Godspeed, spazzo.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • @epaslv said:

Gosh, I don't even feel sorry for you

• WSS said: When something out of your ability goes haywire, your life should go to shit too, huh? Godspeed, spazzo.

You mean the Ceph crash? No I don't think so. The 2TB 3 year offer on rented equipment was a solid indication that the company was already financially on the skids months before the crash. Maybe it could have pulled out of the hole using the cash infusion from that offer, if the Ceph system had held up. That doesn't mean it wasn't already in the hole and rolling the dice. It might have been ok if it was using already-paid-off, owned hard drives; but doing it with rented ones and losing money on every sale was a choice with somewhat foreseeable consequences.

• WSSWSS Member

@willie said:

WSS said: When something out of your ability goes haywire, your life should go to shit too, huh? Godspeed, spazzo.

You mean the Ceph crash? No I don't think so. The 2TB 3 year offer on rented equipment was a solid indication that the company was already financially on the skids months before the crash.

..and yet you all bought it?

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • WSS said: ..and yet you all bought it?

Yes, see my comment about that further up in the thread. I certainly wouldn't have done it if I'd known it was rented gear.

• WSSWSS Member

@willie said:

WSS said: ..and yet you all bought it?

Yes, see my comment about that further up in the thread. I certainly wouldn't have done it if I'd known it was rented gear.

Yet you already knew it was unsustainable, even were the hardware paid for by some Nigerian Prince.

• WSS said: Yet you already knew it was unsustainable, even were the hardware paid for by some Nigerian Prince.

It was unsustainable in the sense that ZX couldn't have continued making that offer. Of course I knew that. It was pitched as a promo, and being unable to resist unsustainable promos is why so many of us have so many idle servers. It's common for promos to be unsustainable so I wasn't terribly put off by that. But I saw it as trying to recover some of the sunk cost of an existing pile of disks, rather than as selling $20 bills for $10 each.

• WSSWSS Member

@willie said:

WSS said: Yet you already knew it was unsustainable, even were the hardware paid for by some Nigerian Prince.

It was unsustainable in the sense that ZX couldn't have continued making that offer. Of course I knew that. It was pitched as a promo, and being unable to resist unsustainable promos is why so many of us have so many idle servers. It's common for promos to be unsustainable so I wasn't terribly put off by that. But I saw it as trying to recover some of the sunk cost of an existing pile of disks, rather than as selling $20 bills for $10 each.

So, you're bitching, admitting how unfeasable it is, and still refusing to accept personal responsibility for purchase. Hindsight is 20/20.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • williewillie Member
    edited January 2018

WSS said: So, you're bitching, admitting how unfeasable it is, and still refusing to accept personal responsibility for purchase. Hindsight is 20/20.

Bitching, no I don't think so, just stating facts. Unfeasible, based on information learned after the event, sure. Refusing to accept responsibility? I don't see it. Look at the posts I made at the time in the offer thread, stating doubts about the offer but buying it anyway. It seemed like a reasonable gamble but the outcome was a possibility that I foresaw. Have you actually read this thread and seen my earlier comments?

• WSSWSS Member

@willie said:
    Bitching, no I don't think so, just stating facts.
    Unfeasible, based on information learned after the event, sure.
    Refusing to accept responsibility? I don't see it.
    buying it anyway. It seemed like a reasonable gamble
    but the outcome
    Have you actually read this thread and seen my earlier comments?

Have you?

• What are you on about here? ZX is in a classic deadpool spiral, and was in it long before the Ceph crash. People who blame all the problems on Ceph are a) unaware of that history; b) in denial; or c) deluded. Are you saying they weren't in trouble at the time of that offer? If not, what ARE you on about?

• WSSWSS Member

@willie said:
    What are you on about here?

I wonder the same

ZX is in a classic deadpool spiral, and was in it long before the Ceph crash.

You still bought it.

People who blame all the problems on Ceph are a) unaware of that history; b) in denial; or c) deluded. Are you saying they weren't in trouble at the time of that offer? If not, what ARE you on about?

YOU STILL BOUGHT IT.

Now shut up.

• williewillie Member
    edited January 2018

Yes, they were underwater and thought they had a shot of pulling it out. I thought they had a shot too, so I tossed in some cash. What's the problem? You're trying to blame their current situation on Ceph but I think that is bogus. Their problems were evident before the Ceph crash. Maybe they were solvable until the crash came along, maybe not, but they were there, and they were bad (worse than was evident at the time).

• WSSWSS Member

@willie You're trying to distract the fact that you were talking shit now, but giving some possible hope towards- the same factor.

I've only NEVER directly mentioned Ceph, because up to that point, nobody has had anything else to say- as everything was working perfectly fine.

Again, you are doing a great job at trying to redirect from your statements to mine, when I essentially quoted what you said.

Suck it up, deal with it, and move on. We've got enough bellyachers.

• williewillie Member
    edited January 2018

WSS said:

I've only NEVER directly mentioned Ceph, because up to that point,

You didn't have to directly mention it because you indirectly mentioned it plenty of times like here:

WSS said: I like that all of you who paid peanuts months/years ago thinks he didn't already go broke trying to setup alternative options when his entire infrastructure shit itself.

Regarding

WSS said:
    because up to that point, nobody has had anything else to say

No that's wrong, myself and others expressed doubts about the situation long before the Ceph crash. Go back and look at the offer thread.

• WSSWSS Member

@willie said:

WSS said:

I've only NEVER directly mentioned Ceph, because up to that point,

You didn't have to directly mention it because you indirectly mentioned it plenty of times like here:

Because that implies CEPH, rather than a handful of servers across different providers, that nobody fucking cares about.

WSS said:
    because up to that point, nobody has had anything else to say

No that's wrong, myself and others expressed doubts about the situation long before the Ceph crash. Go back and look at the offer thread.

No. It's your job to propose your ideal of wrongness. It's not my job to prove you being wrong. Sorry, it never has been.

You can shut up now, and won't be called on this again.

• WSS said: It's not my job to prove you being wrong. Sorry, it never has been.

You're trying to paint a picture of ZX running a healthy operation until it fell victim to an incident outside its control and hit the rocks. I think that is discredited. It was in trouble before the incident. And if it hadn't been in such trouble, it would have had a better shot at recovering. So the current situation stems from the earlier problems and not just from the Ceph crash.

• WSSWSS Member

@willie said:

WSS said: It's not my job to prove you being wrong. Sorry, it never has been.

You're trying to paint a picture of ZX running a healthy operation until it fell victim to an incident outside its control and hit the rocks.

No. I'm just calling you all cunts.

I think that is discredited. It was in trouble before the incident.

I don't disagree.

And if it hadn't been in such trouble, it would have had a better shot at recovering.

Like everyone in this thread was completely supportive of, 0.01s after it went offline.

So the current situation stems from the earlier problems and not just from the Ceph crash.

That's neat- but I still don't understand why you think I am doing more than stating that none of you are doing anything to help your cause.

Now right your above assertions, or stop trying to pretend that you believe them beyond your baseless shitpost. I don't.

Thanked by 1derpydm
  • WSS said:

That's neat- but I still don't understand why you think I am doing more than stating that none of you are doing anything to help your cause.

This is a discussion forum and what we're doing is discussing. You seem to have a problem with that.

• WSSWSS Member

@willie said:

WSS said:

This is a discussion forum and what we're doing is discussing. You seem to have a problem with that.

Again, you are asserting both a statement, and refusing to actually uphold that assertion. Back up your statement, or shut up. This isn't tumblr.

• WSS said:

Again, you are asserting both a statement, and refusing to actually uphold that assertion. Back up your statement, or shut up. This isn't tumblr.

What statement?

• WSSWSS Member

@willie said:

WSS said:

What statement?

Sorry, you're not allowed to turn this back upon me, as it's not my duty to reply what you've already stated. Reread your above assertion, and then support it.

• You said I made a baseless shitpost. What you call a shitpost is up to you, but I don't see anything that I said that was baseless.

• WSSWSS Member

@willie said:
    You said I made a baseless shitpost. What you call a shitpost is up to you, but I don't see anything that I said that was baseless.

That's neat. Support your statement or shut up.

• I supported it many times further up. You're the one going around in circles. Go back and re-read. Also, in case it's news to you, people here don't shut up just because you tell them to.

Are you drunk again? Maybe you should go to bed and come back refreshed tomorrow.