Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Free European Xen VPS - Back in Stock! - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Free European Xen VPS - Back in Stock!

Comments

• Got one, thanks.

• @randvegeta said:
    Next node won't be deployed till tomorrow.

Are the new nodes still using i7s or are they using Xeons now?

• Oh common scammer, this is just a free trial for a month. You said there were gonna be "carrots" to renew every month, but nothing. You should update the title as it is FOR ONE MONTH ONLY.

Thanked by 1sandro
  • what is your hongkong vps test ip

• @elwebmaster said:
    Oh common scammer, this is just a free trial for a month. You said there were gonna be "carrots" to renew every month, but nothing. You should update the title as it is FOR ONE MONTH ONLY.

Dude, the problem is on your side. I've had the VPS for 3-4 months already, never had an issue. All I had to do is go to their site, claim 50 carrots (yes it is there, you didn't find it doesn't mean it doesn't exist) and pay the invoice. Thank goodness this is the internet, you could get sued for calling others "scammers" when you don't have the proof to prove it.

Thanked by 1randvegeta
  • randvegetarandvegeta Member, Host Rep

TheOnlyDK said: Are the new nodes still using i7s or are they using Xeons now?

There are some free nodes running Xeon and some running i7. All of our paid nodes run Xeon E3 or E5. But as I mentioned before, the free nodes are built on surplus resources, and as good as i7s are, Xeons are always more popular and expected in an 'enterprise environment'. So we will tend not to deploy them on free nodes.

In any case, the i7s and Xeon E3s are actually very similar in terms of performance. Pretty much the same CPU.

elwebmaster said: Oh common scammer, this is just a free trial for a month. You said there were gonna be "carrots" to renew every month, but nothing. You should update the title as it is FOR ONE MONTH ONLY.

I really don't know why you're so angry. The VPS is free not just for 1 month, but forever! Well I don't know how long we will really be running the service for, but the idea and plan is to have it running for as long as we are running. The only thing we ask is you collect your carrots every month and pay your invoice on time. Nothing else!

If you can't be bothered to read the page, or collect the carrots and 'pay' the invoices every month, then our service is not for you, and we don't want to make it any easier than it already is.

Thanked by 2deadbeef XiNiX
  • XiNiXXiNiX Member, Host Rep

@elwebmaster said:
    Oh common scammer, this is just a free trial for a month. You said there were gonna be "carrots" to renew every month, but nothing. You should update the title as it is FOR ONE MONTH ONLY.

Firstly, no one is "scamming" you. Its FREE , and there is nothing to complain.

Thanx to the LET's freedom of speech, you can label any one as a "scammer" , but :

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/scammer

So, he is anything, but a "scammer".

Thanked by 1randvegeta
  • @randvegeta said:
    If you can't be bothered to read the page, or collect the carrots and 'pay' the invoices every month, then our service is not for you, and we don't want to make it any easier than it already is.

A carrot a day keeps the morons away. :D

Thanked by 1randvegeta

deadbeef said: A carrot a day keeps the morons away. :D

In a manner of speaking yes actually!

The point of the Carrots is to help with management and weed out the wasters. It's pretty effective actually.

1.) It prevents automated signups.
    2.) It forces a small amount of effort that makes mass signups impractical
    3.) It ensures only active accounts remain online.
    4.) It keep morons away.

Actually I think we will need to make the process of obtaining Carrots slightly more difficult. No so much so that it actually causes a problem for genuine users, but deters people from trying to break or bend the rules.

Thanked by 2XiNiX deadbeef
  • @elwebmaster said:

Slow your roll.

I have their service for two months now and no issues at all. Claiming Carrots is pretty easy and paying, too. If I were you I would read the damn FAQ on the free VPS site on VPSBiT.

1) If you can't login into CarrotPay: enable cookies for 3rd party websites (I had that issue)
    2) If you don't see anything of CarrotPay I'd recommend you disable whatever you run there that is blocking everything (Adblockers, Ghostery and etc..) or try another browser

I'd rather not talk bullshit... You want bad blood? You'll get your bad blood in this community easily.

• elwebmaster said: Oh common scammer, this is just a free trial for a month. You said there were gonna be "carrots" to renew every month, but nothing. You should update the title as it is FOR ONE MONTH ONLY.

You can get carrots every month for free. Every calendar month - notice the difference. Try the 1st of the next month and you'll be able to claim carrots, dear rabbit.

Thanked by 1elwebmaster
  • so i have fifty carrots but when i tried to pay with it, it says quantity limit reached.

• @creep said:
    so i have fifty carrots but when i tried to pay with it, it says quantity limit reached.

No stock.

• Can you write here when stock is back?

• Can you add Serbia or Ukraine VPS?

• FrecyboyFrecyboy Member
    edited September 2015

Alajos said: Can you add Serbia or Ukraine VPS?

All you have done in this forum is asking for free vps's, posting affiliate links and asking for other free stuff.

I hope you mean they add them for money, and not for free.

Also, their mine brand already got serbia vps's.

Thanked by 2rm_ deadbeef
  • @randvegeta said:

i7s are fine, I have no problems with this. I was just wondering if they are all the same or just from random gears (aka surplus equipments). But having a Xeon with registered ram will help in some cases (but free ones won't need this XD).

• BlaZeBlaZe Member, Host Rep

@elwebmaster, Please tell me the email ID which you used to register so that we can add it to the blacklist.

This is the reason why we have Carrots as a free virtual currency required to claim the free VPS. The ones who really require the VPS for their development or projects will definitely claim the carrots and the ones who are just gonna abuse will not take so much efforts.

If you guys have any suggestions feel free to discuss.

Thanked by 2sandro k0nsl
  • dedicadosdedicados Member
    edited September 2015

and when carrots end, where can users find/get/buy/stole more?

here are mines, can i get a full node?

• @dedicados said:

Only if you PS the rabbit out. They only want carrots, not another creature to share their carrots with.

dedicados said: and when carrots end, where can users find/get/buy/stole more?

You can buy Carrots if you run out. If you buy enough, sure, you can buy a full node with those Carrots. Of course if you end up with hundreds or even thousands of Carrots without having to buy them, that earns you a fast track ticket to the blacklist.

• @randvegeta said:

Can I suggest that you install a SSL for clients area, sure there are no credit card info and stuff, but still would be appreciated for login protection.

Thanked by 1bersy
  • "If the product is free, you are the product"

Either the vpsbit take advantage from you collecting carrots, or the rabbit used you to find them carrots.

Thanked by 1inthecloudblog
  • @randvegeta said:
    You can buy Carrots if you run out. If you buy enough, sure, you can buy a full node with those Carrots. Of course if you end up with hundreds or even thousands of Carrots without having to buy them, that earns you a fast track ticket to the blacklist.

Will have free VPSs back in stock soon?
    I would gladly test it and make the effort to claim my carrots every month. I now get why you do this to avoid abuse and it's a great idea I believe.

Alajos said: Can you add Serbia or Ukraine VPS?

No.

sandro said: Can you write here when stock is back?

Now back in stock!

rokok said: "If the product is free, you are the product"

Either the vpsbit take advantage from you collecting carrots, or the rabbit used you to find them carrots.

What are you talking about? If by 'you are the product', you mean we are not doing this solely out of the goodness of our hearts, then of course not. We are doing this as a form of marketing, so to speak. You know, some people buy upgrades, or add-on services. Best case scenario, people go for an actual paid VPS! If you find that is nefarious or morally wrong, you don't have to sign up.

TheOnlyDK said: Can I suggest that you install a SSL for clients area, sure there are no credit card info and stuff, but still would be appreciated for login protection.

Thanks for the suggestion. Will get on it soon.

Thanked by 1deadbeef
  • AlbaHost said: Just curious, why would you provide free vps? I mean while you have to pay everything like, colocation, servers, ips, bandwidth etc, what is the meansure by providing them for free?

I would give away 20 VPS's like that, if I did not have to worry about liability. In my case it is unused resources, in his case maybe that and to promote his business.

• randvegeta said: Now back in stock!

Thanks! Got one :)

@4n0nx,

You know it's interesting how many people actually allow their VPS to lapse. Probably 40% of signups don't renew after the 2nd month. No point deploying many free nodes for accounts that won't renew when the resources will free up again later on.

Thanked by 14n0nx
  • sandrosandro Member
    edited September 2015

randvegeta said: You know it's interesting how many people actually allow their VPS to lapse. Probably 40% of signups don't renew after the 2nd month. No point deploying many free nodes for accounts that won't renew when the resources will free up again later on.

I think it's just the "free" enthusiasm.
    Are your systems on HDD or SSD?

Thanked by 14n0nx