Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Free European Xen VPS - Back in Stock! - Page 10
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Free European Xen VPS - Back in Stock!

14567810»

Comments

• randvegetarandvegeta Member, Host Rep

Hello all,

There was a DDoS attack last night and it took a little while to track it down and block it. The free VPS network has no DDoS protection and our website is also hosted on this same network (for historical reasons).

The attack was on an off for a few hours and packet loss was a result of those attacks while they were happening. It has been taken care of though.

Apologies to all for any inconvenience caused.

• @randvegeta It looks you are under attack for more than week or it's just some datacenter's network issues? Thank you.

@Anna_Parker, I dont believe either to be the case. What seems to be the matter?

Thanked by 1Alajos
  • guyz92guyz92 Member
    edited April 2016

@randvegeta

Currently I trying to re-provision Debian 8 and it stucked with the

Retrieved file /dists/jessie-updates/main/i18n/Translation-en.bz2

As the workaround requires access to console, but the console is down too.

Hopefully these issue can be resolve as soon as possible.

Thank You.

@guyz92, try now. Should be working.

Thanked by 1guyz92

Back in stock! No new nodes this time. Just recycling existing nodes where capacity has been freed up due to non-renewals.

Will be releasing them in batches of 10 per day. Already been going on for the last 3 days and as always, stocks rarely last more than a few hours.

Thanked by 1Doragon
  • @randvegeta said:

my one was down yesterday... I guess it is due to your "recycling" XD

Hope you can fix the problem to install Debian templates, never succeed neither on Jessie or wheezy.

Anyway, thank you very much for your generosity, it works quite well as a testing box.

colingpt said: my one was down yesterday... I guess it is due to your "recycling" XD

Hope you can fix the problem to install Debian templates, never succeed neither on Jessie or wheezy.

Anyway, thank you very much for your generosity, it works quite well as a testing box.

One of the new clients was abusing (to be expected once in a while) and consumed all the CPU making the server crawl. Unless you are the abuser or have been caught by our fraud trap, VPS should be back online now.

As for Debian, it seems to work fine with 1GB+ RAM VPS, even though Debian perfectly supports 512MB. No idea why. The solution is to simply hit 'enter' in the console. Nothing much we can to fix that and it's not a priority to fix for the free VPS. It works on the paid VPS fine :-).

• @randvegeta said:
    One of the new clients was abusing (to be expected once in a while) and consumed all the CPU making the server crawl. Unless you are the abuser or have been caught by our fraud trap, VPS should be back online now.

I simply reboot it, then it went back online.

As for Debian, it seems to work fine with 1GB+ RAM VPS, even though Debian perfectly supports 512MB. No idea why. The solution is to simply hit 'enter' in the console. Nothing much we can to fix that and it's not a priority to fix for the free VPS. It works on the paid VPS fine :-).

I know it is free so it is fair enough. Enter console is 'the last year' solution. Now i can't go into it with an error. Anyway... thanks

• berndy2001berndy2001 Member
    edited November 2016

@guyz92 said:
    @randvegeta

Currently I trying to re-provision Debian 8 and it stucked with the

Retrieved file /dists/jessie-updates/main/i18n/Translation-en.bz2

As the workaround requires access to console, but the console is down too.

Hopefully these issue can be resolve as soon as possible.

Thank You.

problems still exists with the debian jessy images, also with ubuntu (and console). Opened a ticket about the provisioning problems, but the response so far was a warning that i violated the tos because "you have claimed and spent our site-coin offer more than once in a single month". (Thats true, but i only have one vps)

@berndy2001,

We have rules for a reason. Though you only have 1 VPS, you have claimed and spent multiple site coin offers in a single month. We normally terminate accounts that break our TOS. If you think a warning is 'uncalled for' then perhaps we should just terminate?

The Debian/Ubuntu issues are well known. Access the console to 'continue' the installation. I have not seen an issue with the console. Which browser are you using? It works reasonably well with both FireFox and Chrome. You also need to 'ignore' the self-signed SSL cert warning.

Depending on the version of Debian you select, the installation will proceed without requiring user input. You have already confirmed this in your ticket when stating

"Yesterday it went trough, but i couln´t login with the provided root-password."

Debian/Ubuntu disable root login BY DEFAULT. You can login as a normal user and then su - root.

• berndy2001berndy2001 Member
    edited November 2016

@randvegeta

I explained the reason in the ticket (#6388827): Sometimes I pay the invoice on 1st of the month and the next invoice on 30th of a month. I wasn´t aware this is breaking your tos.
    I also had a sitiuation, where i claimed the sitecoins, but on the payment-site the sitecoins where gone - so i had to claim it a 2nd time.

The Debian/Ubuntu issues are well known.

After reading the posts here, i know it too.

Console is working now (it wasn´t before, browser got a timeout when connecting to https://103.xxx.xxx.xxx:8080) and i was able to install the system.

"Debian/Ubuntu disable root login BY DEFAULT"

forgot that, i don´t reinstall the system so often :)

berndy2001 said: Sometimes I pay the invoice on 1st of the month and the next invoice in 30th of a month. I wasn´t aware this is breaking yout tos.

It is the very first rule we have. (http://vpsbit.com/free-vps.php)

A maximum of 1 free VPS and 1 SiteCoin offer per person is permitted, and all users are subject to our general Terms of Service and Acceptable Use Policy, as well as agree not to use our VPS for any of the following:

When it comes to the free VPS, where we get a lot of demand, I'm afraid we must be quite strict on the rules. If one cannot be bothered to read and follow our rules, then one must not expect to be provided the VPS. Perhaps this seems unreasonable, but these are our rules and they must be followed if you wish to use the VPS for FREE. There are plenty of others who follow the rules, and we have cancelled VPS for people breaking this very same rule.

Just don't forget to claim your SiteCoin and to pay the invoice on time. Unfortunately there are no alternatives if you forget. Ultimately you will need to cancel the VPS and order a new one the following month in order to get 'current', or indeed buy more SiteCoins to pay the invoice and get your account back in good standing. It costs US$1 per CRT#10.

• @berndy2001 said:

Console is working now

how lucky you are lol. I haven't seen that for long :P