Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Free European Xen VPS - Back in Stock! - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Free European Xen VPS - Back in Stock!

Comments

• john564 said: On provisioning, Create a user ID and password and login with user ID. Somehow root ID and password is not accepted, keeps saying login invalid.

I had to login with my user account then "su" from there. Now I'm using Ubuntu.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

randvegeta said: We send direct from our own server and using the domain vpsbit.com. Maybe we can arrange some tests? It is also possible we are blocking you???

Thanks! Whitelisted you in case any filters were going off. I see legit email passing through before that, but maybe a few got caught. Maybe @0xdragon can try again now :)

• Found a pretty nice use for these servers, with koding.com's IDE.
    They recently added "Bring your own VM" feature, which allows you to use your own VMs with in its IDE.

These VMs seem to work perfectly with their install script. Much nicer to work with than just Putty and such, with its inbuild text editor and console(s).

• @smallet said:
    Found a pretty nice use for these servers, with koding.com's IDE.
    They recently added "Bring your own VM" feature, which allows you to use your own VMs with in its IDE.

Have you found a way to open a file in the editor from the terminal? It's annoying to use the file browser.

• @deadbeef said: Have you found a way to open a file in the editor from the terminal? It's annoying to use the file browser.

http://learn.koding.com/faq/kdopen/

Though I don't think it works with "Bring your own vm"? I am not able to do: kpm install kdbin (it just results in nothing)

Thanked by 1deadbeef
  • @randvegeta Could you either reset my password manually (send me it via email) or delete my account please? I tried again and still nothing :(

• guyz92guyz92 Member
    edited September 2015

The VPS is running great.

Thanks for the Offer.

Just some finding:
    The IP Address i got from VPSBIT belong to "Rmp Protection Limited".

VPSBIT seems to be related to the parent company of CarrotPay.
    The parent company of CarrotPay is also Rmp Protection Limited.

Just wondering are we the testing ground for their CarrotPay system?

• guyz92 said: Just some finding: The IP Address i got from VPSBIT belong to "Rmp Protection Limited".

It depends. The IP address I got is geolocated to UK but was leased of an Chilean company (I verified in a ticket) but the VPS itself is really in Lithaunia.

I have these infos on my IP
    Organization: Tele Asia Limited
    ISP: Digital Energy Technologies Chile SpA

• randvegetarandvegeta Member, Host Rep

guyz92 said: Just wondering are we the testing ground for their CarrotPay system?

Testing ground, no. We are users of CarrotPay for many years now and we have some cooperation with them. Part of that involves sponsoring the free VPS program with their IPs. But as Hidden_Refuge has pointed out, not all IPs are from RMP, and we have leases from several companies.

• @randvegeta I asked on FreeVPS but you didn't reply. So again here is the question: Are you looking forward to get IPv6?

Hi Hidden_Refuge,

We are waiting for our upstream to get it done actually. We are all setup within our own network but for some reason we have not been able to establish an IPv6 connection directly through our fibers. It was never urgent so we havent really pushed the issue but it has been over a month now so we may start poking the coals to get the fire going!

0xdragon said: @randvegeta Could you either reset my password manually (send me it via email) or delete my account please? I tried again and still nothing :(

I think I found the problem. For some reason your account was deactivated. I have activated it now and sent the reset password email. Please check!

• @randvegeta said:
    I think I found the problem. For some reason your account was deactivated. I have activated it now and sent the reset password email. Please check!

Awesome! Now all I have to do is wait until there is stock again.. Although my 50CRT are gone. I think I can get more though.

• @0xdragon said:
    Awesome! Now all I have to do is wait until there is stock again.. Although my 50CRT are gone. I think I can get more though.

Should be able to grab them every month.

• So.. how does it work? Is there anything else one needs to do besides selecting OS, entering root password and clicking the provision button?

4n0nx said: Is there anything else one needs to do besides selecting OS, entering root password and clicking the provision button?

If you pick Ubuntu or Debian, you MUST enter a normal username / password also, and that username cannot be a reserved name like root or admin.

Thanked by 14n0nx
  • FritzFritz Veteran
    edited September 2015

@randvegeta said:

Whatever boy.
    I just read your comment.

I missed the notification for your quote.

• I know this is free , but I have a question is there any to mount an iso perhaps? if not that is cool also.

• @AuroraZ said:
    I know this is free , but I have a question is there any to mount an iso perhaps? if not that is cool also.

Pretty sure it's OpenVZ, so that wouldn't be possible.

• Pwner said: Pretty sure it's OpenVZ, so that wouldn't be possible.

Nope it be Xen.

Thanked by 1Pwner
  • @Pwner said:
    Pretty sure it's OpenVZ, so that wouldn't be possible.

It's Xen. Probably XenHVM. I see they mention Windows however it's not available for free VPSs anyway. Too small specs for Windows unless you'd like use MicroXP or so.

Thanked by 1Pwner
  • My bad, totally missed the Xen part of the service. It was too early in the morning when I posted my comment.

AuroraZ said: I know this is free , but I have a question is there any to mount an iso perhaps? if not that is cool also.

It's not possible for you to do it on your own but we can do it for you. Custom ISOs can be attached for a fee of US$5, one-time. You can then install the OS yourself via the console.

If you want to install Windows, 512MB isn't really enough unless you are using XP or earlier.

• No is not windows was Slackware 14.1 was all. Will keep it in mind for when I get paid.

Update: A few registrations ended up not getting provisioned. i.e. people signing up and then not actually using their VPS once delivered.

Around 33 more VPS available on the existing nodes!

0xdragon said: Awesome! Now all I have to do is wait until there is stock again.. Although my 50CRT are gone. I think I can get more though.

Stock now! Get it while it's available. It's pretty late in Europe and Asia is mostly sill 'sleeping' too. But during normal waking hours, the free stock gets taken up pretty quick.

Thanked by 1TheOnlyDK
  • randvegeta said: Update: A few registrations ended up not getting provisioned. i.e. people signing up and then not actually using their VPS once delivered.

Yeah cuz they can't figure out what to do >.>

• I left my box idle for 2 months before I connected with Koding. But I kept it alive with carrots.

4n0nx said: Yeah cuz they can't figure out what to do >.>

If they can't read, then they can't use it!

TheOnlyDK said: I left my box idle for 2 months before I connected with Koding. But I kept it alive with carrots.

Idling is fine. As long as you get your Carrots, you can keep the idle VPS! If you make the effort to renew every month, we will keep it running for you.

The VPS we 'killed' were never powered up from registration. People signed up and got their VPS but they didnt install any OS and nevere powered up the box. If it's like that for a week we kill it. But they can sign up again if they like.