Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Free European Xen VPS - Back in Stock! - Page 7
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Free European Xen VPS - Back in Stock!

Comments

• what is price of paid plans? is there yearly plan?

• randvegetarandvegeta Member, Host Rep

@Horus, the price is US$10 per 1GB RAM with 40GB HDD or 10GB SSD. You get an extra vCPU for every 2nd GB of RAM, up to 4 cores.

If paid yearly you can get 2 months free.

Can do custom plans too. What are you looking for?

• sandrosandro Member
    edited November 2015

is it me or the vps has become extremely slow? to install "discuss" it took me 5 minutes, stuck at "reading database" on ubuntu...
    either someone has been abusing the hdd or cpu has been limited to 1% or something

• sandro said: is it me or the vps has become extremely slow? to install "discuss" it took me 5 minutes, stuck at "reading database" on ubuntu... either someone has been abusing the hdd or cpu has been limited to 1% or something

Working just fine over here, 100+ days of uptime.

• Mine is also working totally fine. Already extended it for the 4th month.

• don't know what to say but I takes minutes to install a simple app, iotop shows 99% of IO when I do anything...

• Open support ticket and report this issue. Looks like serious I/O issue on the hostnode.

• I thought we were all on the same "free" node.

• @sandro said:
    I thought we were all on the same "free" node.

No.

• Opening a ticket, I will report any news on here.

@Sandro,

No ticket yet.. Let us know which server you are on so we can check it out for you.

• @randvegeta said:
    Sandro,

No ticket yet.. Let us know which server you are on so we can check it out for you.

He's on the same node that I am, it's definitely being abused. My VPS is stuck in provisioning when I tried to reinstall it.

• @smallet said:
    Though I don't think it works with "Bring your own vm"? I am not able to do: kpm install kdbin (it just results in nothing)

Run

curl -sSL learn.koding.com/kpm.sh | sh

to install kpm first.

• @smallet said:
    Found a pretty nice use for these servers, with koding.com's IDE.
    They recently added "Bring your own VM" feature, which allows you to use your own VMs with in its IDE.

These VMs seem to work perfectly with their install script. Much nicer to work with than just Putty and such, with its inbuild text editor and console(s).

The Glances package is really nice!

• @randvegeta said:
    Sandro,

>

Sorry I went to sleep and I forgot! Opened a ticket right now.

• I want to reset client password (i forgot my password), but why i didn't recieve the email confirmation and also i've Opened a ticket but still didn't recieved feedback.

sandro said: Sorry I went to sleep and I forgot! Opened a ticket right now.

The issue should be resolved now. Overall load on the node is actually quite low.

nubilfi said: I want to reset client password (i forgot my password), but why i didn't recieve the email confirmation and also i've Opened a ticket but still didn't recieved feedback.

Can you open a ticket? Or at least send me a PM?

0xdragon said: He's on the same node that I am, it's definitely being abused. My VPS is stuck in provisioning when I tried to reinstall it.

Are you sure that's an I/O issue? Which OS were you trying to install?

• I guess this won't be restocked any time soon right?

• @spammy said:
    I guess this won't be restocked any time soon right?

You are wrong.
    FYI they are back in stock, grab it as long as you can :)

Thanked by 1spammy
  • bersybersy Member
    edited November 2015

it seems a free VPS is back in stock again, thanks @randvegeta

spammy said: I guess this won't be restocked any time soon right?

VPS is already back in stock. They go quickly so if you want to get one, get it now. Normally they disappear in a day or 2.

bersy said: It seems a free VPS is back in stock again, thanks @randvegeta

You're welcome!

• bersybersy Member
    edited November 2015

Debian Jessie provisioning stucks at Retrieved file /dists/jessie-updates/main/i18n/Translation-en.bz2, Wheezy at Retrieved file /dists/wheezy-updates/contrib/source/Sources.bz2. Meanwhile CentOS is working fine.

CP's Provision section is a little confused.

• @andreamada said:
    FYI they are back in stock, grab it as long as you can :)

Thanks, grabbed one.

• randvegeta said: The issue should be resolved now. Overall load on the node is actually quite low.

>

All good now :)

bersy said: Debian Jessie provisioning stucks at Retrieved file /dists/jessie-updates/main/i18n/Translation-en.bz2, Wheezy at Retrieved file /dists/wheezy-updates/contrib/source/Sources.bz2

Strange. Debian Jessie has been tried and tested and it should certainly work!

0xdragon said: He's on the same node that I am, it's definitely being abused. My VPS is stuck in provisioning when I tried to reinstall it.

I think you must have selected an incompatible OS. With only 512MB RAM, options are a little limited for the free VPS actually. I have just checked and actually you are on a completely different node.

• @randvegeta said:

Debian Jessie 32 Bit works but it got stuck once for me, too. I reinitiated and it installed fine on the second attempt.

• bersybersy Member
    edited November 2015

I tried install Jessie/Wheezy 3-4 times yesterday with no luck. I've just tried again and Jessie/Jessie-32bit is still stuck at Retrieved file /dists/jessie-updates/main/i18n/Translation-en.bz2. CentOS and Ubuntu are fine.

• mine is also stuck at provisioning since the last 8-10 hours !

• 0xdragon0xdragon Member
    edited November 2015

@randvegeta said:

Huh, that's weird (It was Debian 7). Apologies for the confusion! Appreciate the awesome service. :-)