Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Free European Xen VPS - Back in Stock! - Page 5
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Free European Xen VPS - Back in Stock!

Comments

• @randvegeta said:
    Update: A few registrations ended up not getting provisioned. i.e. people signing up and then not actually using their VPS once delivered.

Around 33 more VPS available on the existing nodes!

Well, one is mine :) Thanks!

• @randvegeta Would you be able to announce an IPv6 prefix that I got for free? :)

• randvegetarandvegeta Member, Host Rep

0xdragon said: Well, one is mine :) Thanks!

Any issues, update this thread. Im sure some people will be willing to share their experiences and assist you. ;)

• @randvegeta said:
    Any issues, update this thread. Im sure some people will be willing to share their experiences and assist you. ;)

See above ;)

edited September 2015

0xdragon said: @randvegeta Would you be able to announce an IPv6 prefix that I got for free? :)

If it is a /48 or larger, not right now but very soon we can. But it won't be free there would be a one-off fee and you may need to setup the route object and/or provide an LOA.

• 0xdragon0xdragon Member
    edited September 2015

@randvegeta said:
    If it is a /48 or larger, not right now but very soon we can. But it won't be free there would be a one-off fee and you may need to setup the route object and/or provide an LOA.

Sure. I can easily add you to the route-mt object :) It's a /48.

@0xdragon, It's possible but probably best we leave the details to a ticket.

• @smallet said:
    Found a pretty nice use for these servers, with koding.com's IDE.
    They recently added "Bring your own VM" feature, which allows you to use your own VMs with in its IDE.

These VMs seem to work perfectly with their install script. Much nicer to work with than just Putty and such, with its inbuild text editor and console(s).

What OS template/steps did you take to make this work? I get the spinning thing but no confirmation on 14.04LTS.

• smalletsmallet Member
    edited September 2015

@0xdragon said:
    What OS template/steps did you take to make this work? I get the spinning thing but no confirmation on 14.04LTS.

Hmm, I too used the 14.04 template. Did the script execute successfully on server side? I too didn't get any confirmation, it just showed up on my sidebar a few seconds later (Gave a confirmation more than 1 minute later).

Update: Out of stock!

• @smallet said:

Yeah, it told me it was connected to the Koding service. Didn't show up on the sidebar or give me a confirmation. Perhaps it was the library Internet I was using at the time. Let me try again with my own Internet.

I'm also curious to know how to use carrotpay (with the free "sitecoin") in a potential project I'll be working on. Hmm..

• @randvegeta said:
    Update: Out of stock!

Thanks.

budi1413 said: Thanks.

You're welcome?

• @0xdragon said:

Regarding the Koding part, if you leave the coding window for too long, then it won't connect. All you have to do is close the connection window and connect again. It will give you a new hash and connect successfully. I had this problem before, VM side says connected, Koding side shows nothing (I left the window open for a couple of hours before I entered the command to the VM). And I just did the reconnect thing and it worked. Good luck.

• Actually mine was cancelled since I've been at the hospital with my wife. Had a few minutes before I can go into ICU to see her and thought I'd set it up to take my mind off of things. Saw it was canceled. No problem I was just going to use it to test the network and try to pass time getting more familiar with a few OS's.

• @lazyt said:
    Actually mine was cancelled since I've been at the hospital with my wife. Had a few minutes before I can go into ICU to see her and thought I'd set it up to take my mind off of things. Saw it was canceled. No problem I was just going to use it to test the network and try to pass time getting more familiar with a few OS's.

Hope she gets better, GOD bless.

• lazyt said: Actually mine was cancelled since I've been at the hospital with my wife. Had a few minutes before I can go into ICU to see her and thought I'd set it up to take my mind off of things. Saw it was canceled. No problem I was just going to use it to test the network and try to pass time getting more familiar with a few OS's.

:( my best wishes

• Thanks all so far no changes and no idea whats going on.

• WilliamWilliam Member
    edited September 2015

Hidden_Refuge said: Digital Energy Technologies Chile SpA

Don't count this exist much longer - It is host1plus and LACNIC is currently investigating to revoke over half their blocks. Using these in EU is also a pretty bold violation of the LACNIC rules.

@William, source?

FYI, this is not a challenge, but if true, very concerning for us.

• I requested my carrots for October and they are in my wallet. However in my client area I see 0.00, so how does it work to pay next invoice?

• @sandro said:
    I requested my carrots for October and they are in my wallet. However in my client area I see 0.00, so how does it work to pay next invoice?

The billing credit balance is in no way related to your CarrotPay wallet. When you get an invoice and want to pay it you will see the CarrotPay window coming up. There you login and pay the 50 CRT you have in your CarrotPay wallet. The payment process will show up in the billing and after some time it should be marked as processed and you've renewed your VPS for another month.

It's buggy sometimes. So if after a long time it isn't marked as paid make sure to contact the support to get it confirmed that they got your Carrots or not.

Thanked by 1sandro
  • Well looks like mine was cancelled on the 27th of Sept. It was not due for renewal until the 21st of Oct. So I had one for 6 days at least. I received no email or nothing about it either. Ahh well guess I did not need one anyways.

• @AuroraZ said:
    Well looks like mine was cancelled on the 27th of Sept. It was not due for renewal until the 21st of Oct. So I had one for 6 days at least. I received no email or nothing about it either. Ahh well guess I did not need one anyways.

Did you install a OS? Randvegeta mentioned that a lot of unprovisioned VPS were revoked. Unprovisioned = no OS and turned off or so I believe.

• Yeah has an OS on it and I just got it on the 21st of Sept. Took a nasty header the other day and have not been feeling well. Come back and the VPS is gone. AHH well easy come easy go.

• A small issue that I have found that is that my carrots renew on the first of the month and the due date is the same date... I hope I don't miss any notification/mail :)!

But it is a very stable product, I have a lot of fun with testing some stuff out on this VM.

• TrafficTraffic Member
    edited October 2015

TheLonely said: But it is a very stable product, I have a lot of fun with testing some stuff out on this VM.

The good thing is, it's XEN. Most of the lowend VPS offers are on OpenVZ and that means some limitations, so it's a good place to try XEN.

• @randvegeta

Any updates to clients area ssl?