Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Free European Xen VPS - Back in Stock! - Page 6
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Free European Xen VPS - Back in Stock!

Comments

• randvegetarandvegeta Member, Host Rep

TheOnlyDK said: Any updates to clients area ssl?

Not yet sorry. We are in the middle of setting up a new DC in Lithuania and the SSL is not exactly a priority given we don't handle sensitive information.

AuroraZ said: Yeah has an OS on it and I just got it on the 21st of Sept. Took a nasty header the other day and have not been feeling well. Come back and the VPS is gone. AHH well easy come easy go.

Any inactive server will be terminated as they occupy resources regardless of weather or not you are using it. If your server remains in a powered off state for too long, we will cancel the VPS. Sorry about that.

• @randvegeta said:

The SSl setup literally takes 20 mins to complete.

Also please check my PM regarding my personal issue regarding the CRT and stuff.

• Is there a ETA on free US VPS's?

TheOnlyDK said: The SSl setup literally takes 20 mins to complete.

It doesn't take long, but it isn't 20 mins. It's just not a priority so we are getting through out other tasks first.

JustRefleX said: Is there a ETA on free US VPS's?

No

• I wanted to try the Free Lithuania VPS but, even by selecting only 1 vps in my cart, I have the message "Quantity limit reached. If possible, please select a smaller quantity.". Is Lithuania VPS still available?

• @JulienC said:
    I wanted to try the Free Lithuania VPS but, even by selecting only 1 vps in my cart, I have the message "Quantity limit reached. If possible, please select a smaller quantity.". Is Lithuania VPS still available?

You're late. It's out of stock since a while.

• tridinebandimtridinebandim Member
    edited October 2015

and free slots?

• JulienCJulienC Member
    edited October 2015

@Hidden_Refuge said:
    You're late. It's out of stock since a while.

I hadn't seen randvegeta "Out of stock" post. Thanks for your answer.

• WilliamWilliam Member
    edited October 2015

randvegeta said: Not yet sorry. We are in the middle of setting up a new DC in Lithuania and the SSL is not exactly a priority given we don't handle sensitive information.

Customer names plus email (and possibly address data) is not sensitive information? The EU data protection agency surely would like to talk with you about that. (Hint: It is. You have to protect this data. While SSL is not 100% required it is by far the easiest way to comply with this regulation, other would be VPN for example.)

• TheOnlyDKTheOnlyDK Member
    edited October 2015

@William said:

There is a lock icon at the login page, so it must be secure.

@William, I am not saying we wont install the cert, but rather it is on the agenda for after our current more urgent tasks.

• BlaZeBlaZe Member, Host Rep

The nodes are located in Lithuania but we lease the IPs and the information isn't updated for the block I assume.

If anyone has any query regarding the geo-ip mismatch, we can provide sufficient proof so that you can be convinced that the VPSes are physically located in Lithuania (EU).

The stocks are almost over. Keep checking back.

• Is it possible to add an counter for the free vps plan? SO far the only way to "check" is to go through the whole Order to see if its in stock or not

iffi said: Is it possible to add an counter for the free vps plan? SO far the only way to "check" is to go through the whole Order to see if its in stock or not

Yes it is possible but we don't want to advertise the number of VPS we have available at any given time. However, I have just implemented a simple script to automatically check the stock and display 'out of stock' if availability reaches 0. So now you will know automatically if there is availability or not. If you see the link, it should be in stock. Otherwise, it won't be.

New stock will be added soon!

Thanked by 1sandro
  • Thank you randvegeta :-)
    I'm looking forward to test your Lithuania DC

iffi said: Thank you randvegeta :-) I'm looking forward to test your Lithuania DC

What would you like to test? Our networks are already working. If you just need speed or ping test, let me know.

• The VPS is working perfectly for me.

• @randvegeta said:
    What would you like to test? Our networks are already working. If you just need speed or ping test, let me know.

I think he wants a free box.

• I should have received my next invoice to renew the free box on Oct 15 but no email... and in my client area I have zero invoices. The free VPS is set for cancellation on the 21st.

sandro said: I should have received my next invoice to renew the free box on Oct 15 but no email... and in my client area I have zero invoices. The free VPS is set for cancellation on the 21st.

Oh dear... it is a Blesta bug it seems. Or rather a our mistake in thinking Blesta can handle auto-terminations.

Blesta does not seem to have the ability to automatically terminate accounts that are overdue.

Anyone who has signed up in the last month, please check if you have an invoice. If your service is due to expire within 1 week and you have not received your invoice, please contact us as soon as possible so we can switch off the scheduled cancellation.

• MadMad Member

It's not available anymore.
    It clearly says "Out of stock" in their page.

andreamada said: It's not available anymore. It clearly says "Out of stock" in their page.

Indeed we are out of stock.

• Same here no invoice is generated and its set to be cancelled on 22 oct :(

• same with me as well. However i have created a ticket to cancel the termination and generation of invoice for next term.

• I am facing this issue too.

After submitted a ticket, auto termination message disappeared.

No invoice is generated yet.

Hello,

The invoice will be automatically generated before 22 October.

Kind Regards,
    Shashank T.
    VPSBiT.com
    [email protected]

• I opened the ticket.

• pphillipspphillips Member, Host Rep

randvegeta said: Oh dear... it is a Blesta bug it seems. Or rather a our mistake in thinking Blesta can handle auto-terminations.

Blesta does not seem to have the ability to automatically terminate accounts that are overdue.

Anyone who has signed up in the last month, please check if you have an invoice. If your service is due to expire within 1 week and you have not received your invoice, please contact us as soon as possible so we can switch off the scheduled cancellation.

As of 3.6 Blesta can automatically cancel suspended services (services are suspended when past due) See https://docs.blesta.com/display/user/Auto+Cancel

• I was able to pay :)

pphillips said: As of 3.6 Blesta can automatically cancel suspended services (services are suspended when past due) See https://docs.blesta.com/display/user/Auto+Cancel

Excellent! This will save us much time. That being said, it is a real shame it wasn't implemented before. It has long been a feature of WHMCS and I can't count the hours wasted manually handling the termination of abandoned accounts.

@pphillips, just upgraded to 3.6 and added the plugin. Hope it works!