Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Look what our good ol' shovenose has been up to... - Page 6
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Look what our good ol' shovenose has been up to...

Comments

• I almost have to wonder if DigitalOcean suspended his VPS.

• bobbybobby Member

Unreal, @DewlanceVPS stepping up too

• his site is still down, most probably someone is DDOSING him..

Yeah it's not fair, but his screencap from DigitalOcean says it all.

Assume he got a nulled for 24 hours.. But someone who has dealt with DO can speak to their policy

• flyfly Member

@shovenose said: I tested two other LEB hosts for vulnerability.

• @DewlanceVPS said: Update: Now we ran out of stock, next stocks will be available within next few years.

Ran out of stock in 4 minutes? Few years to get new stock?

• DewlanceVPSDewlanceVPS Member, Patron Provider
    edited March 2013

@MannDude said: Ran out of stock in 4 minutes? Few years to get new stock?

lol, I mean few weeks..

I am not lying, proof: http://dewlance.com/cheap-linux-vps

• PacketVMPacketVM Member, Host Rep

Well, at least they include AutoBoot :D

• blergh_blergh_ Member
    edited March 2013

"Michel's favorite foods are Pizza (nothing with meat) and Pasta with Pesto. And he's a Microsoft and Mozilla fanboy (you will find him using Firefox, Bing, Windows Phone, and Outlook.com on a daily basis)."

Seeing as he is using Bing, all is forgiven!

• Wee bairn doesn't seem to understand what he's done.

(he didnt have active service with us)

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

@bobby said: Arent you an ex-clown of (almost) same calibre?

No, not really.

As I recall, @Shane_Elmore launched a hosting company, realized almost immediately he didn't have the skills/wherewithal/experience to run it, and closed it very quickly. Maybe not the smartest thing to do "in public" here on LET, but a world away from someone who is arrogant, launches DOS attacks, and alternates between basic "google for the answer" questions and stating his decades of experience.

• @Damian said: (he didnt have active service with us)

LOL

• DamianDamian Member
    edited March 2013

A better response would have been "I realize what I did was done in poor judgement, please allow me to purchase service and build your trust so that you might advocate me rejoining the LET community" instead of "OMFG Y U NO LET ME BUY PRODUCTS"

• And... this is why I love IPXCore. Preemptively taking care of their clients.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

@gsrdgrdghd said: Is GetSimple a well known CMS? I haven't heard of it before @lowendnose

overzold.com

• @raindog308 said: As I recall, @Shane_Elmore launched a hosting company, realized almost immediately he didn't have the skills/wherewithal/experience to run it, and closed it very quickly. Maybe not the smartest thing to do "in public" here on LET, but a world away from someone who is arrogant, launches DOS attacks, and alternates between basic "google for the answer" questions and stating his decades of experience.

Thank you! At least you're not someone who shall remain nameless who yells at me in every thread....

• I nominate this for /facepalm of the year. And we're only in the 3rd month.

• So what the fuck is happening? Someone brief me?

• @SimpleNode said: Someone brief me?

First post, followed by http://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/239029#Comment_239029, pretty much sums it up.

• @Damian Very proactive of you, good work :D

Honestly, I wouldn't bother taking legal action against him unless he does it again. He's a stupid kid and not particularly malicious or evil. On the other hand, putting a call into his parents and letting them know what's going on wouldn't be a bad idea.

• DamianDamian Member
    edited March 2013

Already digging yourself a hole? Why not keep going! Hell, I think I was his only ally on these forums...

Not sure who said he could attack other hosts; then again, i'm not a proponent of eye-for-an-eye. Anyway, PRIVAT INFORMATIONS:

• I seriously need a thank button for this.

• NexusNexus Member
    edited March 2013

Kiddyhosts/10

Beautiful thread, facking lol'd at this comment:

@Voss said: This kid needs to be legally crucified. Where does he reside?

Good work @LET/community for taking em out.

• @Damian, that's a hoot the ticketing from him. You are classy.

I tried getting Shove on the right path too.

Now I wonder when he'll be back, as who and with what :) ?

• I might interject that for the sake of mental well being may be just letting the persons cool for a day is a good thing

You guys are class acts. I just think time to breath for an evening, for every one. Agreed it was a mistake. Not sure if it was much more. Or worth really going on a Crusade. You guys know you have to deal with this kind of stuff. I'm taking notes on the whole thing ya know. I'd like to be where some of yall are in a few years. But may be just may be it's a good learning experience for Shove. Some of what he said was just not well reasoned, We can all see that. Now if only we had that app that lets us buy hosts a beer. I'd get you all one right now. If only we were all at a bar right now eh Mates!

• @natestamm said: Now if only we had that app that lets us buy hosts a beer. I'd get you all one right now. If only we were all at a bar right now eh Mates!

I'll travel for beer.

• @MannDude dundundunununudnundundundunun Maaanduuuuuude! :D

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Now I want to know who is ddosing me for my first time. Odd timing to not be related. I will literally hire someone to break knee caps.

• Sent a message to Joe giving him a link to this thread; maybe ShoveNose will lose his Dedi with Cali...

• DamianDamian Member
    edited March 2013

@jarland said: I will literally hire someone to break knee caps.

I have a good contact for that... he called University of Buffalo yesterday and made various people cry, because some douchenozzle student there was sending 130,000 46-byte packets per second to someone on our network.

@eastonch said: Sent a message to Joe giving him a link to this thread; maybe ShoveNose will lose his Dedi with Cali...

I considered doing so, but thought that it might be a bit extreme.

Interesting that Michael is a 3-year CEO of a hosting company, yet, he had to purchase a VPS from someone else to attack test other people's networking.

• @Damian

I'm sure Joe would read this some point down the line, It's something he can watch though, right? How are you finding your Calihop experience so far?

This discussion has been closed.