Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Look what our good ol' shovenose has been up to... - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Look what our good ol' shovenose has been up to...

Comments

• @Brightbull, how's SwiftVM tie in? What umm, well evidence of attack points back... Note Shoves holder site I think is hosted out in your area...

• DomainBopDomainBop Member
    edited March 2013

@pubcrawler said "how's SwiftVM tie in?"

they use the same San Diego DC shovehost uses.

• Damn @DomainBop... Wonder if Shovey is a customer of SwiftVM or just attacking from another provider...

• RobertClarkeRobertClarke Member, Host Rep
    edited March 2013

I don't even know what's going on with shovehost anymore, simply can't take all of this crap.

• LeeLee Veteran

@shovenose (even though you are banned)

Thanks for this thread, my coffee went down well and I felt quite satisfied to see you have been banned.

• bobbybobby Member

He was funny for a short while, but unless he's an amazing troll, it's embarrasing to read

• In regards to how Swift_VM ties in @Pubcrawler we had a ~300+mbit flood in and out earlier, PPS over 500K/s in each direction total.

• Did you by any chance attack us? Our site had a bit of a cry for a few moments.

edited March 2013

Annoying.

• @RobertClarke said: Probably got a DDOS too, but Fran absorbed it. If he did attempt to touch my servers/website in any way, I'm coming after him.

• IshaqIshaq Member

Everyone automatically blaming shovenose for the attacks now they have a log of him using a perl script.

Childish. You have no facts, it could be anyone.

• IshaqIshaq Member

@RobertClarke said: I'm coming after him.

You can't do anything, deal with it.

• You're right it could be but he said he did it to different providers so why shouldn't we think it was him?

• IshaqIshaq Member

@rethinkvps said: You're right it could be but he said he did it to different providers so why shouldn't we think it was him?

Because this market is very big and everyone wants everything, you can't automatically blame him unless you have good enough proof of him attacking you.

edited March 2013

Ugh.

• bobbybobby Member

Someone should still tell his parents.

• what's going on ... never watched jersey shore but aparently i don't need to, enough action

• IshaqIshaq Member
    edited March 2013

@RobertClarke said: IP just nulled after being hit with 90k PPS DDOS.

Invest in better protection rather than attempting to blame someone. It could be an annoyed customer of yours.

90k isn't even 70mbps.

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep

I really doubt it's Shovenose, and I do agree that now he's going to be a scapegoat for everyone's DDoS problems. He doesn't have a malicious intent from what I see, just a little dumb and annoying...

• bobbybobby Member

@Infinity said: He doesn't have a malicious intent from what I see, just a _little _dumb and annoying..

Understatement of the year right there

• DomainBopDomainBop Member
    edited March 2013

BlueVM said "Invest in better protection rather than attempting to blame someone. It could be an annoyed customer of yours."

That's rich coming from you. Didn't your customers recently have to endure several DDoS related outages because your company BlueVM hadn't invested in "better protection".

Infinity said "I really doubt it's Shovenose, "

Agreed, he's not the one responsible for the large scale UK DDoS attacks. I don't think he has the technical skills required to mount 15GB+ attacks.

• @Infinity said: I really doubt it's Shovenose, and I do agree that now he's going to be a scapegoat for everyone's DDoS problems. He doesn't have a malicious intent from what I see, just a little dumb and annoying...

• CloudxtnyHostCloudxtnyHost Member, Host Rep

If anyone has got evidence that this was done against httpzoom.com or any other of my websites please PM me with the evidence and I'll get it straight over to the solicitor.

• IshaqIshaq Member
    edited March 2013

@DomainBop said: That's rich coming from you. Didn't your customers recently have to endure several DDoS related outages because your company BlueVM hadn't invested in "better protection".

No, It's not rich coming from us because we were getting 20gbps.. not 70mbps.

• perennateperennate Member, Host Rep
    edited March 2013

Great, another provider who posts tickets or other things their clients say on a public forum. * adds to list of providers to avoid *

• Sorry what? That wasn't from our ticket desk FYI. We have full legal right to disclose this information publicly.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited March 2013

@perennate said: Great, another provider who posts tickets or other things their clients say on a public forum. * adds to list of providers to avoid *

If you want a provider who will defend you in court in the LEB range when you have directly broken the law without question, then yes I urge you to add me to your list to avoid. A legal request was made and complied with. The legal justification was sound and therefore not worth fighting.

• perennateperennate Member, Host Rep

If you want a provider who will defend you in court in the LEB range when you have directly broken the law without question, then yes I urge you to add me to your list to avoid. A legal request was made and complied with.

What do you think this has to do with posting on a forum?

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@perennate said: What do you think this has to do with posting on a forum?

I assumed it was a jab at me for not respecting my client's privacy.

• :) @jarland. +1 for hawk monitoring your nodes. Real impressed.

Agreed, he's not the one responsible for the large scale UK DDoS attacks. I don't think he has the technical skills required to mount 15GB+ attacks.

There's no doubt his attack as far as we know weren't of this nature and he has not a clue.

No idea what else and where else he might have ran anything. But expect the attack to be same type.

I see a concerning pattern though with providers here who can't weather a 5 MPH breeze let alone an attack.

Hope to see more ads talking up both uptime and attack mitigation. Going to become necessary insurance when shopping around here.

This discussion has been closed.