Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Look what our good ol' shovenose has been up to... - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Look what our good ol' shovenose has been up to...

Comments

• bobbybobby Member

@GetKVM_Ash said: his is the point where you need banning,

+1 - Its too much now.

• WTH?

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

So it was... I tested it on 2 hosts, now it is on "EVERY OTHER HOST I COULD THINK OF"

Jesus man....

Byebye..

Might be prudent for everyone else, too.

• Knowing implications doesn't exempt one from liability.

Curiously odd situation. What compelled @shovenose to do this?

Testing your "solution"? Other folks aren't helped by doing that to them. It is the same as being malicious. You just are claiming to be too stupid to be malicious.

Someone said it's a bad word the other day, but shovenose, what you just did was RETARDED.

Sorry buddy.

• AmitzAmitz Member

Bye, bye, Shovenose. I did not expect you to be THAT clueless.

• Ostensibly, banishment won't prevent him from doing things like this in the future. It would be best to keep him around, then kick him when things like this happen, as odd and backward as that seems.

Thanked by 1Mark_R
  • HalfEatenPieHalfEatenPie Veteran
    edited March 2013

@shovenose said: I literally copy and pasted that into the closest VPS at hand - happened to be a CatalystHost VPS.

Then I proceeded to type in host's names.

When this happened our internal systems notified us and we immediately took care of it. We shutdown the container and notified @shovenose of this issue. We also contacted @BradND and explained the situation. We continued monitoring our systems (by hand and with the help of our automated systems) to make sure this didn't continue.

tl;dr: We found out immediately when this script was run. We took care of it and took proper precautions.

• PatrickPatrick Member
    edited March 2013

@shovenose said: @Patrick as a result of my findings both not only my own website (ShoveHost.com) is being switched to Apache, but also the two vulnerable hosts are being contacted with some ways to fix the problem so this attack can't get them

I'm sorry but ddosing other providers was uncalled for never mind ddosing your own with other providers VPSs.

I thought people were being extremely harsh on you but this just proves how childish and brainless you are.

• To our knowledge only two websites were being targeted. @shovenose's ShoveHost and @BradND's NodeDeploy.

NodeDeploy has been really waiting to kick someones a%% for all the bad traffic lately.

@HalfEatenPie and @jarland, welp, you hillbillies sure run a good outfit and policies.

Someone needs to start a public voting post about what best to do with @shovenose.

I don't support bans at all. We should be creative with this one... But then again, this isn't my site :)

Notify the authorities perhaps? beats a ban like lizard beats spok

• jhjh Member

@pubcrawler said: what best to do with @shovenose.

Not to mention the multitude of other idiots...

• joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider

@AnthonySmith said: Notify the authorities perhaps? beats a ban like lizard beats spok

Clearly spok is better than a lizard.

• texteditortexteditor Member
    edited March 2013

@Damian said: Ostensibly, banishment won't prevent him from doing things like this in the future. It would be best to keep him around, then kick him when things like this happen, as odd and backward as that seems.

Call his parents and tell them to take the power cord and confiscate his mouse/keyboard

• NoermanNoerman Member
    edited March 2013

@shovenose Oh God. How old are you?

@liam

• @AnthonySmith said: Notify the authorities perhaps? beats a ban like lizard beats spok

This would be the funniest/most effective outcome actually

• +1 for parental spanking.

• IshaqIshaq Member

Oh wow, I wasn't expecting this.

• pubcrawlerpubcrawler Banned
    edited March 2013

Wait, I get it... Shovey just was looking for a way to become the number 1 thread for today. Quit the hording.

Are we sure he's not a CVPS rep?

• shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep

http://i47.tinypic.com/5aopau.png now THIS is a real DDoS. you see the damn difference?

• @ shovenose "I tested two other LEB hosts for vulnerability. SITES WERE DOWN FOR LITERALLY 5-10 seconds while I tried to F5 in my browser. "

accidentally taking down a site that engages in commerce for 5-10 seconds is still a violation of both US and UK laws ...especially since you knew that slowloris is an attack tool.

I do not believe that shovenose knew the implications of his actions

Bullshit. I find it hard to believe he didn't know that slowloris was an attack tool. The page he copied it from says it's an attack method. The other day in the Cest Pit after he said he was being DDoS'd I told him to install mod_antiloris on his server to protect his server against attacks.

• @shovenose said: http://i47.tinypic.com/5aopau.png now THIS is a real DDoS. you see the damn difference?

What you did was still a Denial of Service attack, the first "D" in DDoS just stands for distributed, you idiot

• bobbybobby Member

@texteditor said: Call his parents

This

• Tee -hee.

Shovehost.com is D-O-W-N.

+1 to DomainBop... right on brother. Nail meet hammer.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

@shovenose said:I tested two other LEB hosts for vulnerability. SITES WERE DOWN FOR LITERALLY 5-10 seconds while I tried to F5 in my browser. Then I cancelled it.

So you have the right to take down other provider's sites?

Who were your victims?

• lumaluma Member

@pubcrawler said: +1 to DomainBop... right on brother. Nail meet hammer.

+2

• Now, I must ask:

1. Are the UK providers seeing relief from attacks today?

2. Where's LaKid from yesterday who was implicated doing the same sort of things?

Looks like we have some edu-ma-cation or wh-oop-ins to give out.

• AlexanderMAlexanderM Member, Top Host, Host Rep

C:\Users\HostUS>ping Shovehost.com

Pinging Shovehost.com [192.81.219.78] with 32 bytes of data:
    Request timed out.
    Request timed out.
    Request timed out.
    Request timed out.

Ping statistics for 192.81.219.78:
    Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 0, Lost = 4 (100% loss),
    C:\Users\HostUS>

Is he (D)DoS'ing him self again ?

This discussion has been closed.